17/18 Crf450r and Tech 10 owners.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2018 5:04 PM

On my right foot I get a hole/slit right on my ankle. A few weeks ago my ankle somehow got stuck somewhere between the brake pedal and swingarm bolt hole. So I order a new pair of boots and within two rides the same damn hole appeared.

Anyone else have this problem?
This is the old boot.. Photo
Photo
Photo

|

6/3/2018 5:55 PM

Same problem.I have install the Acerbis framen guards seems to kind a help a bit.First I thought its was from the kick start bolt so filed the cap but after 2 rides my lef boot crack too.Its definitely coming from the frame somehow because I had 90 hours on my KTM ,first ride on my Honda and they cracked !

|

6/4/2018 4:55 AM

On my RMZ it was my subframe bolt that caused it

|

6/4/2018 5:42 AM

INB4 Newman comes to cry about Alpinestar....

|

Not much to say to Vitards.

6/4/2018 11:37 AM

Mine ripped same exact spot also

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

6/4/2018 12:05 PM

Same! I ride a 17. PhotoJust got mine repaired by Astars and they actually did a really good job. But they are a time bomb and I’m sure it will happen again sadly. Here is a pic before I sent them in. The repairs took three weeks....

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

6/4/2018 12:20 PM

Can you post a pic after the repair and if you don't mind ,how much did it cost you?

|

6/4/2018 12:37 PM

Mine are just like that as well. Appears from kicking the bike with the boot hitting on the footpeg.

|

6/4/2018 12:46 PM

I had a -17 last year and a -18 this year, my tech 10s are 2 years old also and i dont have any signs of this

|

6/4/2018 3:12 PM

Lastander wrote:

I had a -17 last year and a -18 this year, my tech 10s are 2 years old also and i dont have any signs of this

Mine are a year old and slit in the same spot as all the others maybe, how I grip who knows there good boots but I will say they already look really wore out compared to previous brand that I owned for 4 years. I take really good care of my stuff also considering the cost of boots now. I have a 17 Honda kick start and both sides are identical.

|

Thank you,
Fly Racing, WPS, Dt-1, Mika Metals, Maxima, 100%, Motostuff, Factory Connection, Evs

6/4/2018 3:18 PM

I dont wear Tech 10's but I had a 17 and now a 18, and never had a problem with my Fox boots

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

6/4/2018 4:12 PM

kiwifan wrote:

I dont wear Tech 10's but I had a 17 and now a 18, and never had a problem with my Fox boots

Same for me except I have Sidi Crossfire SRS2

|

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

6/4/2018 4:23 PM

No issue for me.. 17 with e-start (removed kickstart) and tech 10s.

|

6/4/2018 6:40 PM

I had the same problem. Mine was caused by the rear clutch cover bolt. I took the bolt out and replaced it with a low and rounded profile screw and it solved my problem.

|

6/4/2018 8:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2018 8:34 PM

OneWordResponseGuy wrote:

INB4 Newman comes to cry about Alpinestar....

You realize that was more than one word. Took me to bring you out of your shell ? laughing

But if you are cool with a $500.00 pair of boots falling apart, more power to ya, my friend. Some of us however understand the value of a dollar...or $500.00. wink



EDIT: Nevermind, I see Jeffro already got you to full retard mode. His old ass done holeshot my old ass one more time.

|

6/10/2018 10:08 AM

Idp57 wrote:

Can you post a pic after the repair and if you don't mind ,how much did it cost you?

Total out the door was $160, that's both boots repaired with new soles shipped. I don't have pics of the repairs sorry. I probably should have taken some but I was too excited to be back riding after three weeks....lol. I really hope it does not happen again. I think I have ridden three times and done three races and so far they are good.

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

6/10/2018 12:38 PM

hubbardmx50 wrote:

Total out the door was $160, that's both boots repaired with new soles shipped. I don't have pics of the repairs sorry. I ...more

$160 is exactly a reasonable pricesmile Thanks for sharing, I didn’t know that Alpinestars is repairing their boots .

|

6/10/2018 12:41 PM

Same problem

|

6/10/2018 12:57 PM

Idp57 wrote:

Can you post a pic after the repair and if you don't mind ,how much did it cost you?

hubbardmx50 wrote:

Total out the door was $160, that's both boots repaired with new soles shipped. I don't have pics of the repairs sorry. I ...more

Idp57 wrote:

$160 is exactly a reasonable pricesmile Thanks for sharing, I didn’t know that Alpinestars is repairing their boots .

Yup they do them right here in Torrance, Ca. Just email them and they send you an RA number.

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

6/10/2018 12:59 PM

$160 to fix some AStars? I wish I could throw away the money some of you guys do. Sorry, throwing $160 at new AStars is just loony. Why not buy a real set of boots? Just saying....I learned my lesson.

|

6/10/2018 8:28 PM

Doddy wrote:

$160 to fix some AStars? I wish I could throw away the money some of you guys do. Sorry, throwing $160 at new AStars is just ...more

Not all of the damage was in that one photo. It took a lot of parts and a lot of their time to do those repairs and honestly, I was quite bummed to hear them quote me that price at first but they did a fantastic job. I don't see how it's throwing away money if I can get 3-4 more seasons out of these now repaired boots when a new pair (of any brand) would be at least $400+. ALL boots have issues... take a look at other threads on this site.

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

6/12/2018 9:55 PM

Doddy wrote:

$160 to fix some AStars? I wish I could throw away the money some of you guys do. Sorry, throwing $160 at new AStars is just ...more

hubbardmx50 wrote:

Not all of the damage was in that one photo. It took a lot of parts and a lot of their time to do those repairs and honestly, ...more

I don't think you're wrong....If you get that many more seasons out of them. I just feel like it's a waste to add that to what you already paid when a few more pennies could of got something better that won't have these issues. Not to say any are perfect, but I feel there is definitely better. I also, didn't mean to be come off insulting either.

|

6/13/2018 8:37 PM

Doddy wrote:

$160 to fix some AStars? I wish I could throw away the money some of you guys do. Sorry, throwing $160 at new AStars is just ...more

hubbardmx50 wrote:

Not all of the damage was in that one photo. It took a lot of parts and a lot of their time to do those repairs and honestly, ...more

Doddy wrote:

I don't think you're wrong....If you get that many more seasons out of them. I just feel like it's a waste to add that to what ...more

No yeah I totally agree. I have actually never sent boots out before and just wait until they fall apart to buy new ones but, I am definitely enjoying these repairs so far.

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story