16kx450 hotcam?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/17/2018 10:23 AM

Debating on getting a Stage 2 cam, i want a more linear power curve.. would this help that with additional mapping as well?

Also, have a yosh on the bike..

thoughts? experience?

|

5/17/2018 10:33 AM

I have the stage 2 cams on my '15 KX450. You will lose a tiny bit of low rpm snap, but it does pull noticeably harder up top. If you tend to ride in the mid to upper rpm range, you'll like them. Otherwise, the stage 1 cams will probably be better for you as they add low-mid power without sacrificing significant high rpm power.

|

5/17/2018 10:37 AM

i dont like the low rpm snap.. im looking to move it linearly..

|

5/17/2018 10:57 AM

TSCHAM101 wrote:

i dont like the low rpm snap.. im looking to move it linearly..

Then yes, you'll like the Stage 2 cams. I do feel like the power is more linear after installing mine. I even feel like i could drop a tooth on the rear sprocket to lengthen out the gears more.

|

5/17/2018 11:13 AM

I suggest a remap. Sent my ecu to tokyo mods and holy balls did it add power. Prob more noticable than any other mod.

|

5/17/2018 11:19 AM

kb228 wrote:

I suggest a remap. Sent my ecu to tokyo mods and holy balls did it add power. Prob more noticable than any other mod.

I need to send mine in to them. Only reason I haven’t yet is because it rarely ever pops.

Honestly my 16 feels very smooth and linear. Just a FMF 4.1 slip on and the green coupler on 93 pump gas.

|

5/17/2018 12:17 PM

JBecker 72 wrote:

I need to send mine in to them. Only reason I haven’t yet is because it rarely ever pops.

Honestly my 16 feels very smooth and linear. Just a FMF 4.1 slip on and the green coupler on 93 pump gas.

Do you have access to a Kawi computer?

|

5/17/2018 12:33 PM

kb228 wrote:

JBecker 72 wrote:

i have a remapped green coupler. and right now im geared to a 51 and using the black coupler.. but i still want the power moved higher..

|

5/17/2018 1:22 PM

MXD wrote:

nope i do not

|

5/17/2018 1:24 PM

kb228 wrote:

JBecker 72 wrote:

MXD wrote:

I do not. But I’m planning on keeping this 16 until the wheels fall off it, and might be getting a 19 next year as well, so I might have to bite the bullet and get one.

|

5/17/2018 1:25 PM

kb228 wrote:

JBecker 72 wrote:

TSCHAM101 wrote:

i have a remapped green coupler. and right now im geared to a 51 and using the black coupler.. but i still want the power moved higher..

Gotcha. I was running a 51 for a while but went back to a 50 recently.

|

5/17/2018 1:32 PM

i run a 51, because i like to carry 3rd gear in corners.. if i go to a 50, i have to shift down or abuse the clutch

|

5/18/2018 6:26 AM

JBecker 72 wrote:

MXD wrote:

JBecker 72 wrote:

I do not. But I’m planning on keeping this 16 until the wheels fall off it, and might be getting a 19 next year as well, so I might have to bite the bullet and get one.

I sent you a PM.

|