16, strikes out a lot, but the Rangers are willing to pay him 5mill?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2011 4:24 PM

|

Jim Martin

7/4/2011 4:37 PM

motorcorss? smile

|

7/4/2011 5:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2011 5:51 PM

Void Main wrote:

motorcorss? smile

Comparing how MLB players are paid vs Moto or supercorss.

All this, "today's riders are spoiled" bullshit doesn't pan out..

These MLB guys don't risk their necks week in and week out, but are better paid, and seem to earn more respect.

|

Jim Martin

7/4/2011 5:51 PM

non moto

|

7/4/2011 6:01 PM

I'm not a fan of baseball,or their players,but if thats what the market dictates ,than what's the problem?

|

7/4/2011 6:03 PM

click click bang bang wrote:

non moto

Well now

If a guy that uses a big set of tommy knockers in his profile photos, and is from Beverly Hills CA, the I guess that makes it so. laughing

|

Jim Martin

7/4/2011 6:06 PM

calimxer91 wrote:

I'm not a fan of baseball,or their players,but if thats what the market dictates ,than what's the problem?

It just show's how far that we are lagging behind from other sports.

Some of those MLB fat bastards are sorry excuses for professional athletes.

They have so little risk compared to other sports.

|

Jim Martin

7/4/2011 6:20 PM

The fans pay the bills. We have nowhere near the fans or as many events per year as stick and ball sports, therefore our boys get F'ed when it comes to making the kinda money that other pro athletes make.

|

7/4/2011 6:22 PM

Non MOTO

|

7/4/2011 6:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2011 6:30 PM

GuyB.

Please delete this. These guy's are just to hard core to take a realistic look at two different sports.

What was I thinking?

|

Jim Martin

7/4/2011 6:37 PM

But yet the fan base is there, the sponsorship dollars are there and the money is there to support the players. Motocross doesnt have anywhere near the following of baseball or the other big sports so your comparison isnt correct.

I agree that in a perfect world pro riders would be paid millions of dollars, but the facts are the industry cant support it.

And to say that based on danger alone riders should be paid more doesnt make sense either, are highly paid executives in more danger than the plebs they send out to do all the dirty work?? It's just not how it works in any industry unfortunately.

|

7/4/2011 6:43 PM

Thanks to which ever mod changed this over here. These hard core moto guy's are a bunch of hard core mofos in their own minds.

|

Jim Martin

7/4/2011 7:32 PM

jmar wrote:

Thanks to which ever mod changed this over here. These hard core moto guy's are a bunch of hard core mofos in their own minds. ...more

They have minds? smile

|

7/4/2011 7:34 PM

You ever been plunked in the ribs by a 90+ MPH fastball? You're kidding yourself if you think MOST baseball are not extremel talented athletes. You can not really compare them as there are over 3 MILLION kids alone playing youth ball. I agree that its a disgrace what pro riders get paid in prize money

|

Kevin Windham‏ @kdub_14

Not 1factory racer hasnt been told that if ucan help teammate out, then do it 4 championship. Few r in a position like MM25 #partofthesport

7/4/2011 7:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/4/2011 9:12 PM

Void Main wrote:

motorcorss? smile

jmar wrote:

Comparing how MLB players are paid vs Moto or supercorss.

All this, "today's riders are spoiled" bullshit doesn't pan out.. ...more

What the heck is motorcorss??tongue I dont Think Jmar gets it yet.

|

Ed Johnson

7/4/2011 7:51 PM

bultokid wrote:

You ever been plunked in the ribs by a 90+ MPH fastball? You're kidding yourself if you think MOST baseball are not extremel ...more

You ever been plunked in the ribs by a 90+ MPH fastball?

And you know this how?
Are MLB pictures the only one's that can throw a ball at 90 mph?
|

Jim Martin

7/4/2011 9:04 PM

bultokid wrote:

You ever been plunked in the ribs by a 90+ MPH fastball? You're kidding yourself if you think MOST baseball are not extremel ...more

jmar wrote: You ever been plunked in the ribs by a 90+ MPH fastball?

And you know this how?
Are MLB pictures the only one's that can ...more

Just a question, if you have you know it hurts like hell. No sir, some high schoolers and college kids are throwing in the mid-90's. I love and have played most all sports but suck at the one I love the most----mx---figures.

|

Kevin Windham‏ @kdub_14

Not 1factory racer hasnt been told that if ucan help teammate out, then do it 4 championship. Few r in a position like MM25 #partofthesport

7/4/2011 11:30 PM

calimxer91 wrote:

jmar wrote:

It just show's how far that we are lagging behind from other sports.

Some of those MLB fat bastards are sorry excuses for ...more

"MX'ers are not athletes because the bike does all the work"

|

7/5/2011 9:28 AM

Motorcorss doesn't have even 1% of the revenue that baseball generates. They have 162 games a year, with an avg attendance of 20k people. Not to mention TV revenues that each team gets. That's the difference. Why do NASCAR drivers make 20 mill a season for driving in circles protected by a cage? Because they have the revenue streams to allow it. Motocross doesn't

|

A village in Kenya is missing its idiot