$1400 NEW motorcycle delivered from Amazon!!

ctbale
2/14/2020 7:38pm
If someone gets this for their first bike thats fine with me. But they should have a buddy or someone set it up correctly. Carb needs rejetting, tire px set correctly, chain adjustment, air filter oiled, bar/levers set correctly. If its set up correctly will be fine for the newbie. But long term (if there even is a long term) I wonder where you get hard parts? Like sprocket bolts for crying out loud.
TeamGreen
2/14/2020 7:40pm
ctbale wrote:
If someone gets this for their first bike thats fine with me. But they should have a buddy or someone set it up correctly. Carb needs...
If someone gets this for their first bike thats fine with me. But they should have a buddy or someone set it up correctly. Carb needs rejetting, tire px set correctly, chain adjustment, air filter oiled, bar/levers set correctly. If its set up correctly will be fine for the newbie. But long term (if there even is a long term) I wonder where you get hard parts? Like sprocket bolts for crying out loud.
This hits the nail on the head.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
2/14/2020 9:13pm
G-man wrote:
Holy sheep shit! Yeah, I know it's from China, but for that amount of money, he could have bought five and a half Honda 250's! Pretty...
Holy sheep shit!
Yeah, I know it's from China, but for that amount of money, he could have bought five and a half Honda 250's!

Pretty cool video and he even bought the 3-year extended no question asked warranty!

Now I have to ask is this good or bad for the Motorcycle Community for buying these so-called throwaway motorcycles? I say it's a good thing.

Anytime you can get new Riders on motorcycles is always a good thing in my opinion. You don't have to have the latest and greatest $8,000 bike to be introduced and have fun in the sport of RIDING that we all love.

Let's face the facts motorcycles sales across the board are dropping at tremendous pace. If something is not done then the sport we know will no longer be around.

Yes, I know some of the OEM's have made entry level Bikes but they are still fairly expensive. They need to try harder to keep the cost down.

https://youtu.be/PULw_IuLhcE

you should buy one and let us see how it turns out.

CR250Rider
2/14/2020 10:16pm
Minibikes are just fun. Isn't that what it's all about?

The Shop

G-man
2/14/2020 10:28pm
G-man wrote:
Holy sheep shit! Yeah, I know it's from China, but for that amount of money, he could have bought five and a half Honda 250's! Pretty...
Holy sheep shit!
Yeah, I know it's from China, but for that amount of money, he could have bought five and a half Honda 250's!

Pretty cool video and he even bought the 3-year extended no question asked warranty!

Now I have to ask is this good or bad for the Motorcycle Community for buying these so-called throwaway motorcycles? I say it's a good thing.

Anytime you can get new Riders on motorcycles is always a good thing in my opinion. You don't have to have the latest and greatest $8,000 bike to be introduced and have fun in the sport of RIDING that we all love.

Let's face the facts motorcycles sales across the board are dropping at tremendous pace. If something is not done then the sport we know will no longer be around.

Yes, I know some of the OEM's have made entry level Bikes but they are still fairly expensive. They need to try harder to keep the cost down.

https://youtu.be/PULw_IuLhcE

SLAPAHO wrote:
you should buy one and let us see how it turns out.

Hehehe, that's Good! Woohoo

Don't think I will be purchasing one anytime soon as I have plenty of bikes to ride.

But what part of I think this is good for kids who are glued to their phone and computer games to have their FIRST THRILL of Riding a Motorcycle did you not understand? Cool
MX Culture
2/15/2020 5:53am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2020 5:54am
G-man wrote:
The new KLX will be around 3,500 out the door. That's more than double the price of one of these. "Push new riders to the used...
The new KLX will be around 3,500 out the door.

That's more than double the price of one of these.
"Push new riders to the used market, not the Chinese market."

By the way, I am not pushing these bikes by any means. I just think it's a cool option to get some of these kids off the couch away from their computer games and cell phones and riding motorcycles.
It's a fact the latest generation of kids have no interest in riding motorcycles.

Let's face it they're on the phone's a lot looking at Amazon and if a brand new motorcycle pops up for $1,400 DELIVERED how can that be a bad thing to a kid who probably would have never had an interest in a motorcycle anyway.
I feel it'd be a bad thing because these bikes are junk and if your very first impression of dirtbikes is based off of a heavy...
I feel it'd be a bad thing because these bikes are junk and if your very first impression of dirtbikes is based off of a heavy, under-powered, horribly suspended turd that breaks down every other ride then you're going to probably go back to playing video games and be pissed off thinking about all the Fortnite skins you could've bought with that $1400.

I thought David Pingree covered this already?
Correct. Everyone wanted a pitbike and China made cheap ones.
The bikes and industry were getting out of hand and expensive as everyone wanted the fastest bike they could build. In came these bikes and guys bought them up, but they’d break in half, a wheel would
fall off, brakes didn’t work, handlebars fall in your lap, etc and parts weren’t available to fix them.
Instead of upgrading, people just left the sport thinking these bikes weren’t made for them. That mixed with the 08 crash and the end was near.
If it woulda stayed stock/mod and not 178cc double overhead cam and if the China bikes didn’t come in by the container, I think we’d still be around.
Dave D - Sano Systems
Holigan
2/15/2020 6:01am
Madmax31 wrote:
That Ping China factory ride story was one of the best ever!

TeamGreen
2/15/2020 9:11am
G-man wrote:
The new KLX will be around 3,500 out the door. That's more than double the price of one of these. "Push new riders to the used...

By the way, I am not pushing these bikes by any means. I just think it's a cool option to get some of these kids off the couch away from their computer games and cell phones and riding motorcycles.
It's a fact the latest generation of kids have no interest in riding motorcycles.

Let's face it they're on the phone's a lot looking at Amazon and if a brand new motorcycle pops up for $1,400 DELIVERED how can that be a bad thing to a kid who probably would have never had an interest in a motorcycle anyway.
I feel it'd be a bad thing because these bikes are junk and if your very first impression of dirtbikes is based off of a heavy...
I feel it'd be a bad thing because these bikes are junk and if your very first impression of dirtbikes is based off of a heavy, under-powered, horribly suspended turd that breaks down every other ride then you're going to probably go back to playing video games and be pissed off thinking about all the Fortnite skins you could've bought with that $1400.

I thought David Pingree covered this already?
MX Culture wrote:
Correct. Everyone wanted a pitbike and China made cheap ones. The bikes and industry were getting out of hand and expensive as everyone wanted the fastest...
Correct. Everyone wanted a pitbike and China made cheap ones.
The bikes and industry were getting out of hand and expensive as everyone wanted the fastest bike they could build. In came these bikes and guys bought them up, but they’d break in half, a wheel would
fall off, brakes didn’t work, handlebars fall in your lap, etc and parts weren’t available to fix them.
Instead of upgrading, people just left the sport thinking these bikes weren’t made for them. That mixed with the 08 crash and the end was near.
If it woulda stayed stock/mod and not 178cc double overhead cam and if the China bikes didn’t come in by the container, I think we’d still be around.
Dave D - Sano Systems
Damn, that was eloquent and to the point!

BEER! Next time we hang at the races...
Bike Rat
2/15/2020 9:28am
Madmax31 wrote:
Holigan wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/15/404495/s1200_FB_IMG_1581775190205.jpg[/img]

I only see three bolts on the rear sprocket wtf that’s 🥜
ATKpilot99
2/15/2020 10:13am
Madmax31 wrote:
Holigan wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/15/404495/s1200_FB_IMG_1581775190205.jpg[/img]

Bike Rat wrote:
I only see three bolts on the rear sprocket wtf that’s 🥜
That's all you need for a 12 hp engine.
FWYT
2/15/2020 11:21am
TTR-125, CRF-230, KLX-140 . . . various used bikes, some technical know-how, low budget fun . . . there is a market, or at least an audience for it. Ever seen this guy's Youtube channel?

"Jennies Garage"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWMaOB-Wxb1pbayjkOZn2iA

Just a gearhead that monkeys around with projects and gets his wife into riding. Not state of the art fabrication, just a guy working in his garage having fun. They have a pretty decent and enthusiastic following. No worries about his "kit" and would likely get roasted, unfortunately, by serious moto-heads.

What with that cool RMATVMC "Five Miles of Hell" project, I kind of wonder of as an industry we aren't doing ourselves a disservice of not promoting the idea of fixing older bikes to just to go have fun with.
G-man
2/16/2020 12:53pm
Hey guys this just came up on my Google.
The guy did a torture test on this bike even did some "sweet jumps" and launched it into a river Evel Knievel Style! Laughing

https://youtu.be/ohcz22-wTY8
Press516
Fantasy
126th
2/16/2020 2:43pm
This is the most current offering from ssr the ssr300. I think the msrp was like 5300. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/14/404359/s1200_Screenshot_20200214_112353_Gallery.jpg[/img]
This is the most current offering from ssr the ssr300. I think the msrp was like 5300.

$4399 MSRP. A very decent bike for that $$$.
TR72Moto
2/16/2020 3:17pm
3 years ago for Christmas I bought my son a "name brand" chinese pit bike for 1) a pit bike 2) something to ride at home in the back yard. After completely going through the bike before giving it to him on Christmas everything was good to go.......................about 4 months and 8.4hrs later lost the transmission ( I put a hour meter on it) no problem still under warranty. After contacting the MFG they said they would just send me a new engine, didn't want the old one back so I took it apart to see what gave, couple of gears just lost some teeth. No real reason for this as my son is far far from abusive.
Received the new engine, same exact engine.................almost ! Looked exactly the same but the mounting bolt holes in the engine case were smaller than the originals, no big deal I just drilled them out problem solved ! Went to mount up the foot pegs/bar to the bottom of the case and the bolt holes didn't line up with the holes in the foot peg bar ! A little bit more modifying !
All back together and around another 6 months later and 9.6hrs..........................transmission goes again !! As I'm waiting for our 3rd engine (still covered under warranty) a friend is over sitting next to the bench the first motor parts are sitting off to the side on. I'm not noticing but he's looking at the transmission parts and says " what Chinese piece of shit are these out of ? " I ask what makes you think their Chinese parts ? He says I can tell by the cheap material and the crappy casting. I laugh because hes right ! and he should know, he's vice president of a shipping container company the deals with the Chinese and the Chinese quality everyday. His company owns just under 2 million containers and when he has more built it usually 5,000 to 8,000 at a time. He has plenty of people under him to do the dirty work but they (Chinese MFG) are constantly trying to get away with things, changing the type of paint, floors, metals.....the list goes on, so he likes to just show up in a production run to make sure their building them to his specifications because if your not on top of them their quality control is bad, very very bad !!
I think these bikes fall under that same "poor quality control" issue.
The 3rd engine mounted up fine............after I drilled out the engine mounting holes !! Bikes for sale !!!
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
6/16/2022 8:29am
Years ago I bought a tec 9 125 online because I had a little pitbike track and i would share my Honda bbr50 but wanted something for friends to ride. I paid 800 delivered. We put it together and ran it down the street and the chain broke and destroyed the ignition cover and broke the ignition sensor. I put it in garage where it sits today. Basically never ridden.
mxracer828
6/16/2022 8:42am
G-man wrote:

1400$ and it’s broke and unrideable the next day….then you realize you pissed 1400$ down the drain. Or your working on it more then you ride it. You get what you pay for

Post a reply to: $1400 NEW motorcycle delivered from Amazon!!

The Latest