$1400 NEW motorcycle delivered from Amazon!!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/13/2020 12:26 PM

Holy sheep shit!
Yeah, I know it's from China, but for that amount of money, he could have bought five and a half Honda 250's!

Pretty cool video and he even bought the 3-year extended no question asked warranty!

Now I have to ask is this good or bad for the Motorcycle Community for buying these so-called throwaway motorcycles? I say it's a good thing.

Anytime you can get new Riders on motorcycles is always a good thing in my opinion. You don't have to have the latest and greatest $8,000 bike to be introduced and have fun in the sport of RIDING that we all love.

Let's face the facts motorcycles sales across the board are dropping at tremendous pace. If something is not done then the sport we know will no longer be around.

Yes, I know some of the OEM's have made entry level Bikes but they are still fairly expensive. They need to try harder to keep the cost down.

|

2/13/2020 12:40 PM

That thing looks terrible... Like the cheap Asian bikes at dying malls kinda terrible..

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/13/2020 1:32 PM

You can go buy those at any moped store for the same price and it’s already assembled. Cheap junk.

|

2/13/2020 1:38 PM

The place he went riding looks fun. The bike is what it is, a way to have some fun on a budget.

|

2/13/2020 2:20 PM

Does it come with Coronavirus?

Too soon?

|

(The preceding post by Indian Dunes 4ever is heavily laced with Cognitive Bias)

2/13/2020 2:36 PM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

Does it come with Coronavirus?

Too soon?

No, but since McAdoo's bike expired and Pro Circuit is in Corona......

I think we know what happened to it.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/13/2020 3:45 PM

The really cool thing is that when it wears out...you can drain all the oil and gas out of it...put a rope around it and use it for the Boat Anchor it was truly meant to be!
devil

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/13/2020 3:48 PM

Anyone gone an AliBaba to see if you can get some quantity discounts on 500+ units??

Usually some good deals on there

|

2/13/2020 5:03 PM

Dont pop the packing bubbles!!!!

|

sponsored by zip tie, JB weld and peanut butter and jelly

2/13/2020 5:34 PM

G-man wrote:

Holy sheep shit!
Yeah, I know it's from China, but for that amount of money, he could have bought five and a half Honda 250's!

Pretty cool video and he even bought the 3-year extended no question asked warranty!

Now I have to ask is this good or bad for the Motorcycle Community for buying these so-called throwaway motorcycles? I say it's a good thing.

Anytime you can get new Riders on motorcycles is always a good thing in my opinion. You don't have to have the latest and greatest $8,000 bike to be introduced and have fun in the sport of RIDING that we all love.

Let's face the facts motorcycles sales across the board are dropping at tremendous pace. If something is not done then the sport we know will no longer be around.

Yes, I know some of the OEM's have made entry level Bikes but they are still fairly expensive. They need to try harder to keep the cost down.

BAD
This is exactly what happened to the pit bike industry.
Ask me how I know.

|

Instagram - @MxCulture

2/13/2020 6:59 PM

G-man wrote:

Holy sheep shit!

MX Culture wrote:

BAD
This is exactly what happened to the pit bike industry.
Ask me how I know.

Tell us your story.....
I have no idea what happened as I was never into pit bikes.

|

2/13/2020 7:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2020 10:20 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

The really cool thing is that when it wears out...you can drain all the oil and gas out of it...put a rope around it and use it for the Boat Anchor it was truly meant to be!
devil

Okay, I respect your opinion Manny as I have never even seen one of these Chinese bikes or ridden one.

But the one point you might be overlooking is the fact that maybe this might get Joe Blow newbie to buy one of these. And we all know what happens once you start riding a motorcycle for the first time. w00t

If it's like most of us it really puts a hook into you and can become a lifelong passion.
So after this bike no longer works for Joe Blow now he might be looking for something a little more reliable, even if it might be a used something.
And maybe some of his buddies might be looking too if they tried the bike. Now you have guys buying motorcycle related stuff whether it's parts or gear.

All pluses for the motorcycle industry imo.

I remember buying my first new motorcycle at Burbank Suzuki, a 1974 TM for $700 OTD!
I was 16 years old and very excited. I do not think too many 16 year olds can walk into a showroom and buy a new motorcycle these days. How are these guys going to ever get started?

If it takes these throw away motorcycles, then so be it. cool

|

2/13/2020 10:40 PM

G-man wrote:

Tell us your story.....
I have no idea what happened as I was never into pit bikes.

Curious to know, as well.

|

2/13/2020 11:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/13/2020 11:03 PM

Kawasaki KLX140 has a MSRP of $3k. And they'll finance that...
After a year the Kawasaki is still going to run good, replacement parts will be easy to find, and itll have a resale value >than scrap value. Oh, and you can buy a used KLX for the same as that Chinese bike. Throw new plastics on the craigslist special and ain't no kid gonna know the difference.
Push new riders to the used market, not the Chinese market.

|

2/13/2020 11:11 PM

The new KLX will be around 3,500 out the door.

That's more than double the price of one of these.
"Push new riders to the used market, not the Chinese market."

By the way, I am not pushing these bikes by any means. I just think it's a cool option to get some of these kids off the couch away from their computer games and cell phones and riding motorcycles.
It's a fact the latest generation of kids have no interest in riding motorcycles.

Let's face it they're on the phone's a lot looking at Amazon and if a brand new motorcycle pops up for $1,400 DELIVERED how can that be a bad thing to a kid who probably would have never had an interest in a motorcycle anyway.

|

2/13/2020 11:49 PM

G-man wrote:

By the way, I am not pushing these bikes by any means. I just think it's a cool option to get some of these kids off the couch away from their computer games and cell phones and riding motorcycles.
It's a fact the latest generation of kids have no interest in riding motorcycles.

Let's face it they're on the phone's a lot looking at Amazon and if a brand new motorcycle pops up for $1,400 DELIVERED how can that be a bad thing to a kid who probably would have never had an interest in a motorcycle anyway.

I feel it'd be a bad thing because these bikes are junk and if your very first impression of dirtbikes is based off of a heavy, under-powered, horribly suspended turd that breaks down every other ride then you're going to probably go back to playing video games and be pissed off thinking about all the Fortnite skins you could've bought with that $1400.

I thought David Pingree covered this already?

|

2/14/2020 5:00 AM

Fourth_Floor wrote:

I feel it'd be a bad thing because these bikes are junk and if your very first impression of dirtbikes is based off of a heavy, under-powered, horribly suspended turd that breaks down every other ride then you're going to probably go back to playing video games and be pissed off thinking about all the Fortnite skins you could've bought with that $1400.

That Ping China factory ride story was one of the best ever!

|

2013 KTM 450SXF, 1983 YZ 250K, & 1983 CR 250

2/14/2020 6:02 AM

I'd pay good money to watch Tomac, Roczen, Webb, and especially Barcia duke it out at Washougal on a bunch of these things!
Think even one of them would survive a full lap?

|

2/14/2020 6:12 AM

You'd be better off building a bike using a 3D printer.

|

2/14/2020 6:32 AM

If new and cheap are a must, at a bare minimum go with an SSR...

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

2/14/2020 6:42 AM

G-man wrote:

Fourth_Floor wrote:

Madmax31 wrote:

That Ping China factory ride story was one of the best ever!

Ping is a wanker

|

2/14/2020 8:43 AM

G-man wrote:

Okay, I respect your opinion Manny as I have never even seen one of these Chinese bikes or ridden one.

But the one point you might be overlooking is the fact that maybe this might get Joe Blow newbie to buy one of these. And we all know what happens once you start riding a motorcycle for the first time. w00t

If it's like most of us it really puts a hook into you and can become a lifelong passion.
So after this bike no longer works for Joe Blow now he might be looking for something a little more reliable, even if it might be a used something.
And maybe some of his buddies might be looking too if they tried the bike. Now you have guys buying motorcycle related stuff whether it's parts or gear.

I remember buying my first new motorcycle at Burbank Suzuki, a 1974 TM for $700 OTD!
I was 16 years old and very excited. I do not think too many 16 year olds can walk into a showroom and buy a new motorcycle these days. How are these guys going to ever get started?

700 in 1974 dollars is 3600 dollars in 2019. There are plenty of bikes used bikes with good parts availability for 3600 and less that are amazing and far more advanced than beyond what anyone in their wildest dreams would have imagined having access to. That is how they will get started.

Buying a real bike and not they toy depicted in the clip at the top of the thread for the equivalent of $3600- now that I agree will never happen again.

|

2/14/2020 9:47 AM

hanzhongluboy wrote:

700 in 1974 dollars is 3600 dollars in 2019. There are plenty of bikes used bikes with good parts availability for 3600 and less that are amazing and far more advanced than beyond what anyone in their wildest dreams would have imagined having access to. That is how they will get started.

Buying a real bike and not they toy depicted in the clip at the top of the thread for the equivalent of $3600- now that I agree will never happen again.

As I mentioned above, the SSR SR250S for less than $4k isn't nearly as far off as you might think...

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

2/14/2020 10:00 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

devil

G-man wrote:

hanzhongluboy wrote:

All very valid points and I agree with you.

But what I am trying to say is kids these days are not interested in motorcycles. They are glued to computer games and their phones. So if they see on Amazon a brand new motorcycle pops up for $1400 DELIVERED then just maybe that will suddenly spark an Interest that would have never happened in the first place.

The MAJORITY of Kids these days are not going to go shopping for used dirt bikes or any motorcycle that they have to work on. That is a VERY SAD fact and nobody can argue that.

My belief is more people on motorcycles is always a good thing, whatever it takes for them to get on one.

|

2/14/2020 10:32 AM

I think gman is right here. Remember when we were all youngsters playing baseball and football and basketball and even tennis and golf. Then we rode our friends minibike and that was it. No mo ball sports, all we could think about was riding that minibike again and how we could get one for ourselves. MOM... DAD I WANT A MINIBIKE!

|

2/14/2020 10:50 AM

TymeMoto wrote:

Ping is a wanker

I like him but he can be a little over bearing at times with his political shit. I hate politics and religion. Believe what you believe and don't tell me about it unless I ask.

|

2013 KTM 450SXF, 1983 YZ 250K, & 1983 CR 250

2/14/2020 10:57 AM

BobbyM wrote:

I think gman is right here. Remember when we were all youngsters playing baseball and football and basketball and even tennis and golf. Then we rode our friends minibike and that was it. No mo ball sports, all we could think about was riding that minibike again and how we could get one for ourselves. MOM... DAD I WANT A MINIBIKE!

Exactly Bobby. I was very much into team sports in my youth. Once I discovered motorcycles and more specifically Motocross, it was F that! w00t

I no longer had to depend on anybody else. It was all on me. cool

|

2/14/2020 11:45 AM

This is the most current offering from ssr the ssr300. I think the msrp was like 5300.

Photo

|

2/14/2020 12:21 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

devil

G-man wrote:

Thumbs up and I agree on "getting people started".

My experience with people who've bought these knock-off "specials" is plenty of reworking/off the cuff tuning to get them to run right -&- you usually have to get real creative on simple parts for maint. and repairs. Luckily, we've found filters and things of that nature that're avial. from Honda to Suzuki, etc.

These things have been known fall apart and I've even seen a bit of re-welding go into them.

There's just no getting away front that old saying,"You get what ya pay for!"
laughing

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

2/14/2020 1:55 PM

G-man wrote:

hanzhongluboy wrote:

Press516 wrote:

As I mentioned above, the SSR SR250S for less than $4k isn't nearly as far off as you might think...

Jeff Willoh won the 2016 +30 A WORCS title on one. Not sure if it was on the 250 or 450.

|