14 GoPro's stuck together...

Trauma
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:03pm
Anyone know why they would do this? What benefit is there?

|
mcopsey
1/24/2012 4:07pm
I'll try to find a video someone did with chained gopros like that. Provides incredible footage.
bauman117
1/24/2012 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 4:16pm
mcopsey wrote:
I'll try to find a video someone did with chained gopros like that. Provides incredible footage.
yeah i think its similar to whats goin on about the 1.00 mark and on in this vid ,and shows a few differnt "clips",,,non moto i kno..matrix type effect..some at 2;00 min mark also

The Shop

4mxonly
1/24/2012 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 4:23pm
mcopsey wrote:
This is probably the video you're referring to:

Right at the 1:39 mark; and 3:31; and 4:42
1/24/2012 4:21pm
I have never posted but felt this should be my first. What they are doing is called a camera array. Video is shot on one end and the other and a photo is snapped with the others in between. This gives the video a playing point, a point to pause and sweep and another point to continue video. This all really started a long time ago while filming movies like the matrix. With Gopro taking such good video and photo and being somewhat easy to access, I think we will see more of this in action sports. If you have ever seen a 30, 50 or even a 100 camera array with $5,000 cameras, it is unreal.
scooterB
1/24/2012 4:24pm
Cody25911 wrote:
I have never posted but felt this should be my first. What they are doing is called a camera array. Video is shot on one end...
I have never posted but felt this should be my first. What they are doing is called a camera array. Video is shot on one end and the other and a photo is snapped with the others in between. This gives the video a playing point, a point to pause and sweep and another point to continue video. This all really started a long time ago while filming movies like the matrix. With Gopro taking such good video and photo and being somewhat easy to access, I think we will see more of this in action sports. If you have ever seen a 30, 50 or even a 100 camera array with $5,000 cameras, it is unreal.
interesting. thanks for the insight!
1/24/2012 4:24pm
Cody25911 wrote:
I have never posted but felt this should be my first. What they are doing is called a camera array. Video is shot on one end...
^^^This. It's popping up more and more in commercials. You see it in surfing quite a bit.
bauman117
1/24/2012 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 4:28pm
Cody25911 wrote:
seems like the first time i can remember seein it used for sports was in nfl....seemed like they had to pause the replay footage for a sec..then the cameras would cycle wich ever way and give u a behing quaterback view of something similar.cool to see people using gopro for such cool tricks..i bet it would look really cool for a gatedrop in moto..hopefully we get to see it,
mcopsey
1/24/2012 4:33pm
Cody25911 wrote:
^^^This. It's popping up more and more in commercials. You see it in surfing quite a bit.
Spot on to both posts. The video I was trying to find was surfing.
Trauma
1/24/2012 4:36pm
Cody25911 wrote:
Awesome, thx. Can see the line of cams in the Ken Block vid above at 8:37.
TannerMxer
1/24/2012 9:01pm
Trauma wrote:
Anyone know why they would do this? What benefit is there? [img]http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/3171/78633843.jpg[/img]
Anyone know why they would do this? What benefit is there?

Is your mind blown after watching this video??? Because mine is. This is the reason they make that camera rig.

https://youtu.be/d0x52u2yzgI
hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
1/24/2012 9:37pm
how do they do the rendering for shit like that?
MBR
1/24/2012 10:20pm
Actually, they just let the gopros roll all the time and then in edit just take same frame from of each clip, put them in line and it seems to stop the time since the angle is different in each camera. It's really easy (it would take less than 5 mins in edit) to do, but you just need multiple cameras.
jeffro503
1/24/2012 11:45pm
mcopsey wrote:
4mxonly wrote:
This is probably the video you're referring to: [embed][/embed] Right at the 1:39 mark; and 3:31; and 4:42
This is probably the video you're referring to:

Right at the 1:39 mark; and 3:31; and 4:42
Never seen this before.............but God damn...........that was cool as hell!!!
1/25/2012 7:20am
Yea I was going to say the surf video is Rip curl mirage being the most recent. Just glad after four years as a member I was able to come in and make my first post and not get flamed on. Really though with all of the camera technology and the prices driving down for it, you will see some very creative stuff in the future. It has came a long way since the crusty movies were you just run around pointing and shooting.
1/27/2012 3:42pm
Cody25911 wrote:
Yea I was going to say the surf video is Rip curl mirage being the most recent. Just glad after four years as a member I...
Yea I was going to say the surf video is Rip curl mirage being the most recent. Just glad after four years as a member I was able to come in and make my first post and not get flamed on. Really though with all of the camera technology and the prices driving down for it, you will see some very creative stuff in the future. It has came a long way since the crusty movies were you just run around pointing and shooting.

Post a reply to: 14 GoPro's stuck together...

The Latest