13+ pages and yet nobody has asked this simple question...

TbonesPop
Posts
2939
Joined
1/26/2010
Location
Gilbert, AZ US
8/13/2022 9:10pm
Sore Loser wrote:
If you read all 50+ of my posts, you need a new hobby.
You made 50 posts in one day on one topic but he needs a hobby?
Broseph wrote:
lol

In before the thread delete…
Hey now, this is ML's show now. He's got a backbone and has been great since he took over. He takes out the trash when its necessary, but he's cutting us a ton of slack. Guyb would have shut down this Claimgate stuff in a heartbeat.

Lets all give major props to ML.
4
1
ctbale
Posts
956
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
Gustavus, AK US
8/13/2022 11:10pm
lostboy819 wrote:
DC and the rest of the MXsports goofs don't have much credibility left so I will give the kid the benefit of the doubt over Brian...
DC and the rest of the MXsports goofs don't have much credibility left so I will give the kid the benefit of the doubt over Brian Deegan a admitted cheater, Tim Cotter and DC who always has the same answer when the shit hits the fan. ( I wasn't aware or involved with the situation) He always seems to be in the dark and that's his excuse, just read his version on RacerX , hell i'm embarrassed for him. Blush
I am embarrassed for him also. And why did DC say that Brian Deegan had a "right" to be at the meeting because he was the rider's father and yet the claimant's engine mechanic had to wait outside.
CPR
Posts
2598
Joined
10/4/2018
Location
AU
8/13/2022 11:13pm
lostboy819 wrote:
DC and the rest of the MXsports goofs don't have much credibility left so I will give the kid the benefit of the doubt over Brian...
DC and the rest of the MXsports goofs don't have much credibility left so I will give the kid the benefit of the doubt over Brian Deegan a admitted cheater, Tim Cotter and DC who always has the same answer when the shit hits the fan. ( I wasn't aware or involved with the situation) He always seems to be in the dark and that's his excuse, just read his version on RacerX , hell i'm embarrassed for him. Blush
ctbale wrote:
I am embarrassed for him also. And why did DC say that Brian Deegan had a "right" to be at the meeting because he was the...
I am embarrassed for him also. And why did DC say that Brian Deegan had a "right" to be at the meeting because he was the rider's father and yet the claimant's engine mechanic had to wait outside.
It doesn’t sound like Haiden was in any of the meetings, therefore Brian had no right to be there.
6
ctbale
Posts
956
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
Gustavus, AK US
8/13/2022 11:15pm
Sore Loser wrote:
Since the other thread is basically a "shit all over Yamaha and the Deegans" love fest, I figured a new thread might be warranted for the...
Since the other thread is basically a "shit all over Yamaha and the Deegans" love fest, I figured a new thread might be warranted for the 2 or 3 of us that arent looking for an excuse to be pissed off or shit on the Deegans. Maybe a pause for some critical thinking and basic questions before drawing any conclusions.

How do we know Brennan is telling the truth?


I'll give him this, he's articulate, and his way of telling his account of what went down comes across as extremely credible. It's how I'd expect someone to tell the truth IF they were telling the truth.

But we havent heard the other side's version of events. And most importantly, Brennan never says how he knew Yamaha Corp was pressuring his sponsor. He clearly states in the interview at around the 17:30 mark what he assumes was the food chain of events. But he never specifically says how he knows this. And the interviewer (Tyler) never asks for clarification.

That to me is a significant moment in the interview. Because if the kid is just ASSUMING his dealership was being pressured, that is a big red flag and it calls into question the rest of his account of the events.

Another thing I find odd, he plays the innocent victim here very well. Never mentions for a moment that he and Haiden have personal beef with each other. He "just wanted to see what it was like to ride a factory bike". Really? That's ALL there is to this story? Now dont get me wrong, Brennan does not have to justify the why. The claim of the bike was within the rules - and the rule is a good one. The bottom line, dont want your unobtanium bike claimed, DONT BRING ONE TO AN AMATEUR RACE. But before I wholesale believe EVERY detail of your story, I want to know all the details. And a significant one is that these two groups have history. This was more than just "wanting to see what a factory bike felt like". Is that relevant to the claiming rule? No, not at all. But it is relevant to the credibility of this Brennan kid. So before I jump on his bandwagon and take everything as gospel, I pause and wonder why certain details are being left out.

If the Deegans are the new Alessis, lets not forget that the Alessis drama didnt exist in a vacuum. He had his rivals and those rivals werent saints either. Other equally overzealous mini dads. And plenty of ankle biting that fueled all the bullshit that went on between all parties involved.

I think it's only fair these questions are asked. Because when I talk to people "in the know" they're telling a very different version of all of this. For example:

- The engine builder fronted the cash for the claim
- Tim Cotter only interviewed Brennan AFTER the claim was rescinded and did so to make sure he wasnt being pressured by Yamaha
- I've heard some say that Brian Deegan never actually cornered the kid

Are any of those statements factual? Of course not. All Im saying is that if you can get past the mob mentality, there's actually another version of the story floating around that severely contradicts what a 17 year old kid is claiming.

I for one think that if indeed that kid was talked to privately by Cotter, Deegan, or anyone NOT the AMA, a SERIOUS line was crossed because again, he's a kid. But to be consistent, I also know that KIDS LIE all the time. So if you're not an adult, you dont get the benefit of the doubt like an adult either.

DC said in his Racerhead post that Brian Deegan was in this meeting in the trailer, said he was there because he had a right to be there because he was the riders father. That confirms Brennan's version of the story that father Deegan spoke to him about the claim.
4

The Shop

Sore Loser
Posts
180
Joined
8/13/2022
Location
West Palm Beach, FL US
8/13/2022 11:15pm
lostboy819 wrote:
DC and the rest of the MXsports goofs don't have much credibility left so I will give the kid the benefit of the doubt over Brian...
DC and the rest of the MXsports goofs don't have much credibility left so I will give the kid the benefit of the doubt over Brian Deegan a admitted cheater, Tim Cotter and DC who always has the same answer when the shit hits the fan. ( I wasn't aware or involved with the situation) He always seems to be in the dark and that's his excuse, just read his version on RacerX , hell i'm embarrassed for him. Blush
ctbale wrote:
I am embarrassed for him also. And why did DC say that Brian Deegan had a "right" to be at the meeting because he was the...
I am embarrassed for him also. And why did DC say that Brian Deegan had a "right" to be at the meeting because he was the rider's father and yet the claimant's engine mechanic had to wait outside.
DC corroborated the claim that Brian was in the meeting?

Uh oh.
11
Sore Loser
Posts
180
Joined
8/13/2022
Location
West Palm Beach, FL US
8/13/2022 11:17pm
ctbale wrote:
DC said in his Racerhead post that Brian Deegan was in this meeting in the trailer, said he was there because he had a right to...
DC said in his Racerhead post that Brian Deegan was in this meeting in the trailer, said he was there because he had a right to be there because he was the riders father. That confirms Brennan's version of the story that father Deegan spoke to him about the claim.
Thankyou for that tid bit.

This is significant.
2
8
ctbale
Posts
956
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
Gustavus, AK US
8/13/2022 11:30pm
LoudLove wrote:
I completely understand your position. Brennan has offered no material evidence to support his story, only that a claim was filed, money was exchanged, and subsequently...
I completely understand your position. Brennan has offered no material evidence to support his story, only that a claim was filed, money was exchanged, and subsequently recalled. Everything else could be classified as hearsay.

Yamaha, Star, and MX Sports have two problems:
1) They have yet to respond and/or provide compelling evidence
2). Brennan comes across as very credible. Yes, that option is subjective, but judging by Vital’s reaction (and Cotter, Deegan, et al lack of one), the corporations behind this event need to be very, very careful in how they respond.

As it stands, one side supports the only party that has issued his version of events publicly. Sore Loser, you claim that others are telling a contradictory tale. Unless those parties identify themselves, it’s akin to not showing up to a trial. The other side wins by default. And Star and MX Sports definitely loses. And this from a huge Davey Coombs fan..
Dont we also know that Brian Deegan was included in a "meeting" with Brennen, as confirmed by DC's Racerhead post? Thats a pivotal piece of information.
3
ctbale
Posts
956
Joined
1/4/2014
Location
Gustavus, AK US
8/13/2022 11:36pm
ctbale wrote:
DC said in his Racerhead post that Brian Deegan was in this meeting in the trailer, said he was there because he had a right to...
DC said in his Racerhead post that Brian Deegan was in this meeting in the trailer, said he was there because he had a right to be there because he was the riders father. That confirms Brennan's version of the story that father Deegan spoke to him about the claim.
Sore Loser wrote:
Thankyou for that tid bit.

This is significant.
Yea, I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that. I should have screen shotted it. DC probably edited it out by now.
jemcee
Posts
10067
Joined
8/11/2008
Location
AU
8/13/2022 11:36pm
How does this kid getting one of Star's bikes get him a win in this beef with Haiden you speak of?
Unless he's an evil genius who predicted it would all go down like it did.. But even if he is, Haiden comes out of it fairly unscathed... Fairly

My sig is fitting haha
1
1
Spoonguy
Posts
138
Joined
2/28/2022
Location
Mc Kean, PA US
8/14/2022 4:33am
Logically none of sore loser's point are anybody's business. The "kid's lie all the time" deal, no they don't, mine don't, my employees don't, my kid's friends don't. Actually, I have found adults more apt to lie. The core of the apple is, a 17 yr. old came to an international sporting event, that is sponsored by international mega companies, played within the rules, and was rebuked. It doesn't matter where the money came from, where his parents were (in the absence of parents, responsible adults or event organizers should care for a minor, especially at events geared towards minors, have you ever been to a grade school swim meet/wrestling tournament), or who or how pressure was applied to him. He was taken advantage of, and I am shocked he does not take legal action.
SX_336
Posts
238
Joined
12/29/2021
Location
Archdale, NC US
8/14/2022 5:10am
SX_336 wrote:
There is only ONE reason he dropped the claim. Pressure and threats. End of story. You realize as of yesterday, he lost all his sponsors, correct...
There is only ONE reason he dropped the claim. Pressure and threats. End of story. You realize as of yesterday, he lost all his sponsors, correct? THAT gives his story even more credibility.
Sore Loser wrote:
I disagree. His dealer sponsor could've acted without Yamaha Corp involvement. If so, that changes the complexion of this mess quite a bit. And the fact...
I disagree. His dealer sponsor could've acted without Yamaha Corp involvement. If so, that changes the complexion of this mess quite a bit.

And the fact that he lost all of his sponsors doesnt help his case imo. In fact, it would indicate they might know something we dont about all this. If Brennan dropped the claim on behalf of his sponsors, I find it unlikely they'd drop him as a thankyou. I could be wrong.

Sponsors drop a rider sometimes because they want to distance themselves from a shitshow. If this kid was a punk looking to pull a stunt, as some have indicated, this mightve been the straw that breaks a camel's back and the sponsors were fed up. But again, I dont really know. So Im not judging. All Im saying is that if his sponsors stuck by him, it would add to his credibility in my book.
If the kid was a punk, we’d have heard about that before any of this ever started. Your logic isn’t logical. Everything is clear to everyone, BUT you. You have this want/need to make this the kids fault. The fact that ALL these other parties got involved tells you who is at fault. This should have just been the kid and the AMA. Instead it was the kid against, Deegan, MXSports, Matt Walker and Yamaha. THAT tells me all I need to know.
6
yak651
Posts
5555
Joined
8/26/2006
Location
Appleton, WI US
8/14/2022 5:45am
I’m not saying he’s lying, I just don’t believe what’s he’s saying, lol!!

Can you give your background and why you so strongly are trying to damage the reputation of this minor?
4
1
disbanded
Posts
5651
Joined
8/26/2007
Location
Denver, CO US
8/14/2022 5:59am
Sore Loser wrote:
Thankyou for that tid bit.

This is significant.
Get a life you pathetic troll
8
8/14/2022 6:09am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2022 6:09am
SX_336 wrote:
Here’s the short answer. There is something that you’re obviously not getting. He claimed the bike. He paid the claim fee. He doesn’t have the bike...
Here’s the short answer. There is something that you’re obviously not getting.

He claimed the bike. He paid the claim fee. He doesn’t have the bike. This in and of itself tells you that everything he said is true. If it wasn’t, he’s be in Canada racing said bike this weekend.

Obviously a complete shit show between Yamaha, Deegan, MX Sports personnel and Matt Walker transpired. If it hadn’t Deegan wouldn’t still have his bike. It would be in Canada where it should be.
Sore Loser wrote:
You didnt answer my question nor does the fact that he doesnt have the bike give his story absolute credibility. Yes he was within his rights...
You didnt answer my question nor does the fact that he doesnt have the bike give his story absolute credibility.

Yes he was within his rights to claim the bike.
Yes he should have been allowed to claim it without any issue.

But we dont know why he dropped the claim. Only his version of why. Which directly contradicts other people's accounts of the events.

Some have said this was a stunt that his engine builder put him up too. And yes his main sponsor (the dealership) talked him out of it.

Does that mean Yamaha got involved? No. It could just means that the dealership gave the kid some sage advice and said knock it off, you dont need this sort of drama. But it also means this kid is lying about a LOT. Yet somehow y'all are taking it all as absolute fact.

Does it look good that Brian Deegan took down his video explaining some of his version? Not a good look at all for his credibility either. Which is why Im sitting here reserving judgement.

Im not saying I know what went down. Im withholding judgement until a few things are cleared up.

If you've already made up your mind based on the version of a 17 year old kid, without hearing the other side, this thread aint for you.
Why would his dealer be prompted to give this sage advice? And why would he need any sage advice if its just the Deegan’s who are a bit upset?
1
mimafia
Posts
240
Joined
5/17/2013
Location
Grand Rapids, MI US
8/14/2022 6:23am
One thing I can't figure out is after all that went down Brennen said someone asked him do you want to move forward with the claim or not and he rescinded the claim. Why, just because he felt pressured? Felt bad? He knew what the claiming rules were and knew he wasn't doing anything wrong. All that bs would have made me want to follow through with it even more.

Also, who is ultimately responsible for the claiming rule not being followed properly? Deegan or an AMA official? Is Star Yamaha legally the owner of the bike or is Brian Deegan? Looking at the rules below there should be some punishment dished out.

3. Cash, certified check or bank draft must accompany a
claim. The owner of the claimed motorcycle must
immediately deliver it intact, along with a clear title or bill of
sale

5. If a rider whose motorcycle is claimed refuses to comply,
they must forfeit the trophy, is disqualified from the meet
and will be suspended for one year
2
toroP
Posts
3680
Joined
4/6/2009
Location
Cincinnati, OH US
8/14/2022 6:39am
ProKawi24 wrote:
I don't usually rant on people but omg dude we got it....you've made over 50 posts saying the same thing over n over again. We don't...
I don't usually rant on people but omg dude we got it....you've made over 50 posts saying the same thing over n over again.

We don't "factually" know if the kid is lying or fabricating part of his story or not.

We don't "factually" know if people in the Deegan camp are covering things up, lying, or innocent.

We don't "factually" know if Yamaha was actually involved or pressured the dealer/sponsor of the kid.

We don't "factually" know why the kid rescinded his claim, if he was pressured or this was a stunt.

All we "factually" know is he made a claim, had the money to do so, got a receipt, then for whatever reason pulled the claim and didn't walk away with the bike.

I just summed up your 50+ posts into one. Goddamn I'm starting to miss you making dumbass threads like "Top 5 riders you wish you could be under 23 years old who never won a title" or "Top 5 tracks you would want to ride on a Wednesday morning before 9:30am".
Sore Loser wrote:
If you read all 50+ of my posts, you need a new hobby.
You’ve typed a lot on this topic. Why? Who are you, what is your stake in this?
6
8/14/2022 6:58am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2022 5:31pm
When John Roeder claimed Marty Tripes bike back in the 70s, this rule disappeared from the AMA Pro rulebook the next week. Look for that to happen soon in the AMA Amateur rulebook.
2
Sore Loser
Posts
180
Joined
8/13/2022
Location
West Palm Beach, FL US
8/14/2022 7:39am
Spoonguy wrote:
Logically none of sore loser's point are anybody's business. The "kid's lie all the time" deal, no they don't, mine don't, my employees don't, my kid's...
Logically none of sore loser's point are anybody's business. The "kid's lie all the time" deal, no they don't, mine don't, my employees don't, my kid's friends don't. Actually, I have found adults more apt to lie. The core of the apple is, a 17 yr. old came to an international sporting event, that is sponsored by international mega companies, played within the rules, and was rebuked. It doesn't matter where the money came from, where his parents were (in the absence of parents, responsible adults or event organizers should care for a minor, especially at events geared towards minors, have you ever been to a grade school swim meet/wrestling tournament), or who or how pressure was applied to him. He was taken advantage of, and I am shocked he does not take legal action.
He wasnt rebuked. The claim was going thru until HIS OWN SPONSOR & TRAINER got involved.
7

Pit Row

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
Sore Loser
Posts
180
Joined
8/13/2022
Location
West Palm Beach, FL US
8/14/2022 7:52am
dirtwalker wrote:
Why would his dealer be prompted to give this sage advice? And why would he need any sage advice if its just the Deegan’s who are...
Why would his dealer be prompted to give this sage advice? And why would he need any sage advice if its just the Deegan’s who are a bit upset?
Because generally, claiming is frowned upon.

It’s totally conceivable that this was a stunt. One part needle a rival. Another part the engine builder wanting to steal tech. And someone (the dealer) got in the kid’s ear and said “you dont need this drama, let it go”.

Doesnt make the kid wrong for the claim. Doesnt make Deegan right for bringing a trick motor to an amateur race. The engine builder’s (alleged) motives are considered busch league tho.

But at this stage we still dont know the details surround who/why the claim was dropped. Did Yamaha get involved? That’s a pretty major anecdote. Wtf was this Donnie guy doing? And Matt Walker’s role??? Too me, this is where the most egregious lines were getting crossed. But then again, that meeting wasn’t coordinated by anyone official. Matt calls the kid and he goes over there snd gets ambushed. That’s not on MXsports, the Deegans, or the AMA. which is relevant because the bulk of the hate has been flung their way.

Let me ask you this... if you were to find out that the dealership talked the kid out of it. Without Yamaha involvement, would that change the complexion of all this? It does for me. I think it’s a pretty significant detail because Im not hung up on the validity of the bike claim (like most think I am). Im trying to deduce to what degree the kid was wronged and by whom specifically.
11
Sore Loser
Posts
180
Joined
8/13/2022
Location
West Palm Beach, FL US
8/14/2022 7:55am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2022 7:57am
mimafia wrote:
One thing I can't figure out is after all that went down Brennen said someone asked him do you want to move forward with the claim...
One thing I can't figure out is after all that went down Brennen said someone asked him do you want to move forward with the claim or not and he rescinded the claim. Why, just because he felt pressured? Felt bad? He knew what the claiming rules were and knew he wasn't doing anything wrong. All that bs would have made me want to follow through with it even more.

Also, who is ultimately responsible for the claiming rule not being followed properly? Deegan or an AMA official? Is Star Yamaha legally the owner of the bike or is Brian Deegan? Looking at the rules below there should be some punishment dished out.

3. Cash, certified check or bank draft must accompany a
claim. The owner of the claimed motorcycle must
immediately deliver it intact, along with a clear title or bill of
sale

5. If a rider whose motorcycle is claimed refuses to comply,
they must forfeit the trophy, is disqualified from the meet
and will be suspended for one year
Nobody refused to comply. The claim was going thru as it should have. The bike was in proper custody. The rule was being followed properly and the ONLY reason the kid doesnt have the bike (plus a spare motor) is because he dropped the claim.

The question really is, who is responsible for coercing him to drop the claim.

His dad really hung him out to dry during all this imo.
11
Sore Loser
Posts
180
Joined
8/13/2022
Location
West Palm Beach, FL US
8/14/2022 8:01am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2022 9:15am
ProKawi24 wrote:
I don't usually rant on people but omg dude we got it....you've made over 50 posts saying the same thing over n over again. We don't...
I don't usually rant on people but omg dude we got it....you've made over 50 posts saying the same thing over n over again.

We don't "factually" know if the kid is lying or fabricating part of his story or not.

We don't "factually" know if people in the Deegan camp are covering things up, lying, or innocent.

We don't "factually" know if Yamaha was actually involved or pressured the dealer/sponsor of the kid.

We don't "factually" know why the kid rescinded his claim, if he was pressured or this was a stunt.

All we "factually" know is he made a claim, had the money to do so, got a receipt, then for whatever reason pulled the claim and didn't walk away with the bike.

I just summed up your 50+ posts into one. Goddamn I'm starting to miss you making dumbass threads like "Top 5 riders you wish you could be under 23 years old who never won a title" or "Top 5 tracks you would want to ride on a Wednesday morning before 9:30am".
Sore Loser wrote:
If you read all 50+ of my posts, you need a new hobby.
toroP wrote:
You’ve typed a lot on this topic. Why? Who are you, what is your stake in this?
I’ve typed a lot because a lot of people have responded to me. We’re having a conversation. That’s generally how a back-n-forth goes.

I dont have a stake in any of this. I just find it interesting. And if Im being honest, me and a lot of other race dad’s I’ve spoken to privately were really interested in what lines Deegan crossed. Dad’s judge each other - it’s normal. So I started this account to see if vital had any info YouTube didnt.

A lot of people are being dragged thru the mud on this due to the overzealous nature of everyone who has years of pent of frustration towards MX Sports, the AMA, DC, the Deegans, and everyone involved. If you cannot understand why that is hard to watch from the perspective that I have (which is that Im reserving judgement until I know more details) then I dont know what to tell you.
11
dkurtd
Posts
795
Joined
4/15/2018
Location
TN US
8/14/2022 8:03am
ProKawi24 wrote:
I don't usually rant on people but omg dude we got it....you've made over 50 posts saying the same thing over n over again. We don't...
I don't usually rant on people but omg dude we got it....you've made over 50 posts saying the same thing over n over again.

We don't "factually" know if the kid is lying or fabricating part of his story or not.

We don't "factually" know if people in the Deegan camp are covering things up, lying, or innocent.

We don't "factually" know if Yamaha was actually involved or pressured the dealer/sponsor of the kid.

We don't "factually" know why the kid rescinded his claim, if he was pressured or this was a stunt.

All we "factually" know is he made a claim, had the money to do so, got a receipt, then for whatever reason pulled the claim and didn't walk away with the bike.

I just summed up your 50+ posts into one. Goddamn I'm starting to miss you making dumbass threads like "Top 5 riders you wish you could be under 23 years old who never won a title" or "Top 5 tracks you would want to ride on a Wednesday morning before 9:30am".
Sore Loser wrote:
If you read all 50+ of my posts, you need a new hobby.
toroP wrote:
You’ve typed a lot on this topic. Why? Who are you, what is your stake in this?
It's Engine Ice Dave, he's felt Vital deprived and is now on a posting spree.
2
GangGreen
Posts
396
Joined
4/1/2008
Location
Mechanicsburg, PA US
8/14/2022 8:06am Edited Date/Time 8/14/2022 8:14am
Why doesn't someone just ask Donnie Luce? If he did in fact "macho up" and threaten the Canadian Yamaha dealeship, I'd bet Yamaha already fired him. Yamaha Corporation doesn't care about a Star Yamaha engine, ecu, transmission, they are already working on 2024 YZ's. If Donnie Luce worked in Japan, he'd already have "Fallen on the Sword"....... Yamaha doesn't want or need this type of press.


4
resetjet
Posts
2178
Joined
3/16/2012
Location
Tampa, FL US
8/14/2022 8:09am
For the next guy that does this…..sell the engine and the ecu back and request a day of riding the bike first. Having that engine and ecu would be kryptonite.
ML512
Posts
13258
Joined
12/28/2008
Location
Wildomar, CA US
8/14/2022 8:14am
GangGreen wrote:
[b]Why doesn't someone just ask Donnie Luce? [/b] If he did in fact "macho up" and threaten the Canadian Yamaha dealeship, I'd bet Yamaha already fired...
Why doesn't someone just ask Donnie Luce? If he did in fact "macho up" and threaten the Canadian Yamaha dealeship, I'd bet Yamaha already fired him. Yamaha Corporation doesn't care about a Star Yamaha engine, ecu, transmission, they are already working on 2024 YZ's. If Donnie Luce worked in Japan, he'd already have "Fallen on the Sword"....... Yamaha doesn't want or need this type of press.


We’ve sent a request to Yamaha media relations to interview him and have contacted him directly. Still waiting.
Sore Loser
Posts
180
Joined
8/13/2022
Location
West Palm Beach, FL US
8/14/2022 8:34am
GangGreen wrote:
[b]Why doesn't someone just ask Donnie Luce? [/b] If he did in fact "macho up" and threaten the Canadian Yamaha dealeship, I'd bet Yamaha already fired...
Why doesn't someone just ask Donnie Luce? If he did in fact "macho up" and threaten the Canadian Yamaha dealeship, I'd bet Yamaha already fired him. Yamaha Corporation doesn't care about a Star Yamaha engine, ecu, transmission, they are already working on 2024 YZ's. If Donnie Luce worked in Japan, he'd already have "Fallen on the Sword"....... Yamaha doesn't want or need this type of press.


Yamaha, unlike the other Japanese mfgs, gives it's regions more autonomy than most.

It makes for a looser culture. Yamaha USA is a great company to work for because of this as it's not as claustrophobic.

Where this bites Yamaha in the ass is when that culture might be too loose and an employee oversteps a boundary because he's not as worried about the execs in Japan as he should be.

This might be one of those cases.

But they might just let Yamaha USA handle it in house. Totally plausible. Which will totally change how this is handled and the pending PR spin.
7
8/14/2022 8:48am
mimafia wrote:
One thing I can't figure out is after all that went down Brennen said someone asked him do you want to move forward with the claim...
One thing I can't figure out is after all that went down Brennen said someone asked him do you want to move forward with the claim or not and he rescinded the claim. Why, just because he felt pressured? Felt bad? He knew what the claiming rules were and knew he wasn't doing anything wrong. All that bs would have made me want to follow through with it even more.

Also, who is ultimately responsible for the claiming rule not being followed properly? Deegan or an AMA official? Is Star Yamaha legally the owner of the bike or is Brian Deegan? Looking at the rules below there should be some punishment dished out.

3. Cash, certified check or bank draft must accompany a
claim. The owner of the claimed motorcycle must
immediately deliver it intact, along with a clear title or bill of
sale

5. If a rider whose motorcycle is claimed refuses to comply,
they must forfeit the trophy, is disqualified from the meet
and will be suspended for one year
Sore Loser wrote:
Nobody refused to comply. The claim was going thru as it should have. The bike was in proper custody. The rule was being followed properly and...
Nobody refused to comply. The claim was going thru as it should have. The bike was in proper custody. The rule was being followed properly and the ONLY reason the kid doesnt have the bike (plus a spare motor) is because he dropped the claim.

The question really is, who is responsible for coercing him to drop the claim.

His dad really hung him out to dry during all this imo.
Hung out to dry by Dad?
TbonesPop
Posts
2939
Joined
1/26/2010
Location
Gilbert, AZ US
8/14/2022 8:51am
Does anyone dispute that this claiming rule is a very good rule for amateur racing? After all, it was created for a purpose.

If the claiming rule is "frowned upon", what good is the rule? Isn't that how we got here in the first place?

Does anyone believe that this "shot across the bow" from the rider trying to claim the bike will not have an impact on how certain teams (Star, PC, etc.) prep their bikes going forward for amateur events in effect leveling the playing field (which was the purpose of the rule in the first place)?

This is how it was supposed to work.

How its not supposed to work is the industry high rollers coming in and steam rolling a 17 year old kid and thus stopping the process.
9
Sore Loser
Posts
180
Joined
8/13/2022
Location
West Palm Beach, FL US
8/14/2022 8:57am
TbonesPop wrote:
Does anyone dispute that this claiming rule is a very good rule for amateur racing? After all, it was created for a purpose. If the claiming...
Does anyone dispute that this claiming rule is a very good rule for amateur racing? After all, it was created for a purpose.

If the claiming rule is "frowned upon", what good is the rule? Isn't that how we got here in the first place?

Does anyone believe that this "shot across the bow" from the rider trying to claim the bike will not have an impact on how certain teams (Star, PC, etc.) prep their bikes going forward for amateur events in effect leveling the playing field (which was the purpose of the rule in the first place)?

This is how it was supposed to work.

How its not supposed to work is the industry high rollers coming in and steam rolling a 17 year old kid and thus stopping the process.
Therein lies some of the ironic nuance in this mess.

Just about everyone cheering Brennan on would be pissed if their LL bike was claimed. Even if it was totally legal within the spirit of the rules. Thus why claiming is taboo.

We all love the rules when they're enforced on someone else. That's not consistent, it doesnt make sense, it makes many hypocrites but such is life in the mini scene.

1
17

Post a reply to: 13+ pages and yet nobody has asked this simple question...

The Latest

The Latest