13+ pages and yet nobody has asked this simple question...

cmotodad
8/13/2022 4:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2022 4:04pm
Why does it matter where the money came from? The RULE book does not specify anything about where the money MUST come from. Sounds to me like the kid wanted a trick bike, worked for it and was pressured by SOMEONE to drop it. Doesn;t matter any of the facts, the rule was not followed without some kid of influence. No where in the rule book does it say you will be pressured by anyone. For me, it makes the rule useless and shows me somebody stepped in crap by allowing this bike to be raced at LL.
LoudLove
8/13/2022 4:03pm
OP, you claim to have sources or know things others don’t. If you don’t disclose details or name names, then it just sounds petulant and weak. Hell, I don’t know anyone or anything and could write an exposé identical to yours.

You state that many have already made up there minds. Based on your posts, so have you.
Sore Loser
8/13/2022 4:17pm
TbonesPop wrote:
If the Deegan's are legitimately in the wrong and that comes out through discovery, and assuming they don't want some of that to become public (which...
If the Deegan's are legitimately in the wrong and that comes out through discovery, and assuming they don't want some of that to become public (which in this situation would be likely), given their amount of money they would settle in a heartbeat and suit things down.

I'd like to see all the truth and details come out in this situation. Given the degree that the opposing side of this situation have shut down all social media discussion on it is, well very telling.

I've been an ardent supporter of DC to this point, but that ship just sailed.

We have a saying in our company, "the truth has no enemies".
Mark Twain would disagree. Once people have believed a lie, no amount of truth will get them to change their previous opinion.

So I’d say the truth has many enemies.
Sore Loser
8/13/2022 4:19pm
cmotodad wrote:
Why does it matter where the money came from? The RULE book does not specify anything about where the money MUST come from. Sounds to me...
Why does it matter where the money came from? The RULE book does not specify anything about where the money MUST come from. Sounds to me like the kid wanted a trick bike, worked for it and was pressured by SOMEONE to drop it. Doesn;t matter any of the facts, the rule was not followed without some kid of influence. No where in the rule book does it say you will be pressured by anyone. For me, it makes the rule useless and shows me somebody stepped in crap by allowing this bike to be raced at LL.
It doesn’t matter where the money came from. It matters if the kid is totally lying about it tho. Because then it calls into question many other aspects of his story.

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/13/2022 4:20pm
cmotodad wrote:
Why does it matter where the money came from? The RULE book does not specify anything about where the money MUST come from. Sounds to me...
I don’t understand the relevance of that either. Even if the kids great grandmother rolled up on a rascal scooter and threw a bag with $17k at him, who cares.
Sore Loser
8/13/2022 4:25pm
LoudLove wrote:
OP, you claim to have sources or know things others don’t. If you don’t disclose details or name names, then it just sounds petulant and weak...
OP, you claim to have sources or know things others don’t. If you don’t disclose details or name names, then it just sounds petulant and weak. Hell, I don’t know anyone or anything and could write an exposé identical to yours.

You state that many have already made up there minds. Based on your posts, so have you.
I hadnt made up my mind prior to this thread. It might seem like Im pro Deegan or whatever. But that tends to be the case when the mob leans so heavily one direction. Any moderate opinion appears to be an opposition stance.
kiwifan
8/13/2022 4:32pm
LoudLove wrote:
OP, you claim to have sources or know things others don’t. If you don’t disclose details or name names, then it just sounds petulant and weak...

Sore Loser wrote:
I hadnt made up my mind prior to this thread. It might seem like Im pro Deegan or whatever. But that tends to be the case...
I hadnt made up my mind prior to this thread. It might seem like Im pro Deegan or whatever. But that tends to be the case when the mob leans so heavily one direction. Any moderate opinion appears to be an opposition stance.
Really? You claim Brennan is lying, you claim Yamaha is unfairly targeted by this shit show...heck i could go on for a long time about your claims in all the threads around this...and you say you haven't made your mind up? Seriously?
LoudLove
8/13/2022 4:36pm
LoudLove wrote:

Sore Loser wrote:
I hadnt made up my mind prior to this thread. It might seem like Im pro Deegan or whatever. But that tends to be the case...
“There are others whom I know close to the situation that are directly claiming otherwise. The money was the engine builders. And that Brennan is fabricating much of his version of things.” - Sore Loser

You haven’t made up your mind?
AJ565
8/13/2022 4:37pm
Why didn’t star just offer to let him ride the bike if he withdrew the claim?

If Derek wanted the bike why wouldn’t he have just given him the money at the regionals?

How exactly is a rainbow made?

How exactly does a sun set?

How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work?
Sore Loser
8/13/2022 4:50pm
LoudLove wrote:

Sore Loser wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Really? You claim Brennan is lying, you claim Yamaha is unfairly targeted by this shit show...heck i could go on for a long time about your...
Really? You claim Brennan is lying, you claim Yamaha is unfairly targeted by this shit show...heck i could go on for a long time about your claims in all the threads around this...and you say you haven't made your mind up? Seriously?
Not once have I claimed Brennan is lying.

I've asked how do we know his story is factual. What evidence has he provided? Why is his word the final say on this matter?

I've also NEVER once said Yamaha was "unfairly targeted". I've asked for clarification on how he knew Yamaha Corp got involved with his sponsor. It's the one part of his interview where things stop getting clearly defined and explained. In fact, the only part that is clear is that Brennan claims that Matt Walker is on the phone texting the dealership. How does Brennan know this?

Furthermore, Brennan claims that a Yamaha Corporate employee essentially admits to him point blank with multiple witnesses that they're running a factory motor. That is incredibly hard to believe any Yamaha executive is that dumb. Yet somehow that passes the smell test to all of you guys as fact?

It raises concern. That's all I have said. I think that is hard for some to accept because they've committed so hard to one side of this debate. Whereas if it came out that Yamaha Corp was indeed got involved and Deegan crossed some boundaries and the AMA shit the bed, do you think I'd have egg on my face? Nope. I wouldnt. Because I havent made any grand judgements yet. Any version of the truth could come out and I'd be safe at this moment. Can you say the same?
a22
8/13/2022 4:53pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2022 5:15pm
The rules are the rules~simple really! Yet it seems people want to create exceptions! Kid abibed by the rules and put up the funds. So the bike should have been his, as per the rules! Simple..  IMO  Im just following the rules, surely the rules ;are the defining factor! Despite all the interjection and banter. The Rules simply trump all the talk. 
Sore Loser
8/13/2022 5:00pm
LoudLove wrote:

Sore Loser wrote:
LoudLove wrote:
“There are others whom I know close to the situation that are directly claiming otherwise. The money was the engine builders. And that Brennan is fabricating...
“There are others whom I know close to the situation that are directly claiming otherwise. The money was the engine builders. And that Brennan is fabricating much of his version of things.” - Sore Loser

Nope. I havent. There's still two sides to this story. We've heard Brennan's - and there appears to be some issues with his account of things. Does that condemn him completely? Absolutely not.

Does it absolve Deegan, Star, or Yamaha? Nope.

What I think tho is that this is less one sided than most have assumed. If I had to guess I think this situation is your typical race family ankle biting nonsense.
LoudLove
8/13/2022 5:27pm
Sore Loser wrote:
LoudLove wrote:
“There are others whom I know close to the situation that are directly claiming otherwise. The money was the engine builders. And that Brennan is fabricating...

Sore Loser wrote:
Nope. I havent. There's still two sides to this story. We've heard Brennan's - and there appears to be some issues with his account of things...
Nope. I havent. There's still two sides to this story. We've heard Brennan's - and there appears to be some issues with his account of things. Does that condemn him completely? Absolutely not.

What I think tho is that this is less one sided than most have assumed. If I had to guess I think this situation is your typical race family ankle biting nonsense.
I completely understand your position. Brennan has offered no material evidence to support his story, only that a claim was filed, money was exchanged, and subsequently recalled. Everything else could be classified as hearsay.

Yamaha, Star, and MX Sports have two problems:
1) They have yet to respond and/or provide compelling evidence
2). Brennan comes across as very credible. Yes, that option is subjective, but judging by Vital’s reaction (and Cotter, Deegan, et al lack of one), the corporations behind this event need to be very, very careful in how they respond.

As it stands, one side supports the only party that has issued his version of events publicly. Sore Loser, you claim that others are telling a contradictory tale. Unless those parties identify themselves, it’s akin to not showing up to a trial. The other side wins by default. And Star and MX Sports definitely loses. And this from a huge Davey Coombs fan..
8/13/2022 5:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2022 5:35pm
I’ve never seen someone so adamant on this forum before. And he made his account today. What the hell lol
Sore Loser
8/13/2022 5:35pm
LoudLove wrote:

Sore Loser wrote:
Nope. I havent. There's still two sides to this story. We've heard Brennan's - and there appears to be some issues with his account of things...

LoudLove wrote:
I completely understand your position. Brennan has offered no material evidence to support his story, only that a claim was filed, money was exchanged, and subsequently...
I completely understand your position. Brennan has offered no material evidence to support his story, only that a claim was filed, money was exchanged, and subsequently recalled. Everything else could be classified as hearsay.

Yamaha, Star, and MX Sports have two problems:
1) They have yet to respond and/or provide compelling evidence
2). Brennan comes across as very credible. Yes, that option is subjective, but judging by Vital’s reaction (and Cotter, Deegan, et al lack of one), the corporations behind this event need to be very, very careful in how they respond.

As it stands, one side supports the only party that has issued his version of events publicly. Sore Loser, you claim that others are telling a contradictory tale. Unless those parties identify themselves, it’s akin to not showing up to a trial. The other side wins by default. And Star and MX Sports definitely loses. And this from a huge Davey Coombs fan..
The mob sided with Brennan long before he stated his case though. So of course his version is going to carry a ton of weight - it's textbook confirmation bias. Any hole in his story will be quickly glossed over like it is.

The Deegans, Star, and Yamaha were all proclaimed guilty before the trial started. Brennan shows up as you put it (nice metaphor) and boom, case closed. We dont even give the opposition a day or two to respond? This trial by public opinion is already a kangaroo court.

This is all very rushed. Which if Im thin slicing, only makes me more confident that waiting this out before passing judgement is the right move.
Kmiller125
8/13/2022 6:07pm
Ok Just in case it needs to be restated for all the idiots going down the irrelevant rabbit hole of “what if it was not his money or idea or anything else” NOne of those are relevant NONE!!! One more time for the dummies… NONE lol. It’s not against the rules for 20 people to pitch in to get it if they want lol, only one fact in this whole case…
Kid claimed bike, paid the cash, he’ll even got the receipt, and now he doesn’t have the bike. Facts stop there. Now you can use common sense from here as to why he doesn’t have the bike. There is proof after he paid for claimed bike that he was in a room with both Tim cotter(posing as an official) and Brian Deegan for some time. He didn’t waver, not until other said events took place between Walker, Donnie, and Yamaha did he rescind… think about that, it’s not hard to decipher the truth here.

Will we know the facts that occurred by the accused, no we will not because they’re chicken shit and aren’t going to implicate themselves. But it wasn’t until he was pressured by those people from Yamaha, mx sports, walker, and Deegan was the claim rescinded. How hard is this to figure out? You think he worked for this and planned it for months only to get to the prize, successfully claim it and wake up the next day and say nah man I don’t really want it no big deal???? Really? Do you guys that believe that believe in the tooth fairy too? Again common sense is no longer a given in these times but please just try to see through the bs. Carry on
ProKawi24
8/13/2022 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2022 7:16pm
jjavaman wrote:
Deegans burner account?
lostboy819 wrote:
Sounds more like EID Dave
Sandusky26 wrote:
Damn, I just called it in the other thread. Good job.
Over 50 posts and 2 new threads started in just 1 day....my money is on Sloan. Once we start seeing posts get deleted we'll have our proof.
cmotodad
8/13/2022 7:15pm
SL, the point is he,in fact, took all the necessary steps to claim the bike. Whether AMA, MX Sports, MW, BD or Yamaha took part, will never truely be disclosed. After all that, why does it matter if he tells the world his reasoning? More than 1 site has confirmed most of the facts before he gave his side of the story. Pretty much as he said it. My thoughts are he was standing his ground pretty solidly till his Canadian sponsor called and asked him to rescind for their benefit. Just a couple of cents.
Sore Loser
8/13/2022 7:29pm
cmotodad wrote:
SL, the point is he,in fact, took all the necessary steps to claim the bike. Whether AMA, MX Sports, MW, BD or Yamaha took part, will...
SL, the point is he,in fact, took all the necessary steps to claim the bike. Whether AMA, MX Sports, MW, BD or Yamaha took part, will never truely be disclosed. After all that, why does it matter if he tells the world his reasoning? More than 1 site has confirmed most of the facts before he gave his side of the story. Pretty much as he said it. My thoughts are he was standing his ground pretty solidly till his Canadian sponsor called and asked him to rescind for their benefit. Just a couple of cents.
I dont care if he explains his reasoning. But he did. And it doesnt jive with what others in-the-know are saying. So if he’s lying about that trivial aspect, it leads me to believe he’s capable of lying about any aspect of this drama.

As for the Canadian sponsor, we still dont know the details on that. Brennan claims that Matt Walker was the one in contact with the dealership. Brennan never says the dealer contacted him or any of those details. He just lists some conjecture and then states he dropped the claim to protect the dealership. He weighed out his own politics and did what he felt was best for himself. Just like everyone else involved.

I dont blame anyone for being self serving in this matter except the lazy ass AMA. And sorta MX Sports for ever allowing pros in the B class to begin with.
NewOldSchool
8/13/2022 7:30pm
TbonesPop wrote:
So, your position in this is to reserve judgement on the Deegan's but the Brennan kid is lying. That's your defense. Ok, got it. Check. Here's...
So, your position in this is to reserve judgement on the Deegan's but the Brennan kid is lying. That's your defense. Ok, got it. Check.

Here's the issue I have outside of the Yamaha issue - which is a BIG issue. Yamaha needs to investigate the claim and deal with it accordingly. The issue I have with Deegan is, he's acting guilty. He's acting like he's lying, and he knows it. The Brennan kid isn't acting guilty. Deegan has made himself in his career off of being a rebel in the industry. His whole marketable brand was formed out of sticking it to "the man", "buck the system". He couldn't get it done consistently in the AMA racing scene so he went the FMX route, created this whole bad boy image, metal mullisha shtick , chip on his shoulder - Anti-AMA branding. And to that, I say good for him. Imagine if the genuine and authentic Brian Deegan of old would have responded to this Claim situation with a "fuck yea, bro - good for you dude - Touche for knowing the rules and making it happen". Then Brian could taken pictures with the kid and blown the whole thing up on social media as something super cool in the sport. Think about the positive press that would have come from that. But instead he's acting like a guilty of something, entitled little "let them eat cake" bitch. He's now "the man" that he has built his brand off of trying to stick it to for all these years. He's lost his roots and has no integrity.

Ask yourself the question, how would have the 2002 Brian Deegan handled this situation as a bystander rider 20 years ago? Who would he have aligned with?

I've always rooted for Brian Deegan because I like to root for the underdog - the rebel, the chip on his shoulder guy that made something for himself in a non-traditional way from nothing to making it big. Now, fuck that. He's everything he used to fight against. And that sad part is, Deegan doesn't even realize it.
Sore Loser wrote:
I've never said Brennan was lying. Not once. The fact is, I dont know if he's lying any more than I know he's telling the truth...
I've never said Brennan was lying. Not once. The fact is, I dont know if he's lying any more than I know he's telling the truth.

I've stated clearly that I think his candor serves him well. He came across very well in the interview. But there are some major discrepancies everyone is just glossing over.

And again, I dont know how Deegan 2002 wouldve handled it because I dont know how Deegan 2022 actually handled it. All I have is the first hand version from a 17 year old kid that already doesnt like the Deegans. Do I find his version credible? Yes. Gospel? No.

I was honestly hoping this thread would get answered by someone that had some facts that I had missed. But so far I've been met with mostly hostility from those that have already made up their mind.

There's still two sides to this story floating around. Nothing anyone has said here has debunked that fact. Just because one side shouts louder doesnt make them righteous.
What will you accept as fact? The kid told his version but you aren’t sure if he’s telling the truth. If Brian, Cotter and Yamaha tell a different story will that then be the facts according to you?

Unfortunately I don’t see this getting resolved, someone would need to admit they lied or acted in poor taste and pushed the boundaries of legality.

Right now all we know is the kids side of the story since he’s the only one talking. I for one believe him, at least the subject matter on how the events transpired. May be his details aren’t exactly correct but if even half of his story is truthful this isn’t a good look at all for the Deegans and everyone else. Another reason to believe him is the fact that he claimed and bike and it’s NOT in his possession. Can we both agree that’s the one indisputable fact of the story?

It’s kind of sad, I was starting to get into the Deegans and the story of Haiden coming through the ranks and building a brand around that. Now it seems cheap and dirty, may be I’m jumping the gun but this just doesn’t look good.
Sore Loser
8/13/2022 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2022 8:18pm
TbonesPop wrote:
So, your position in this is to reserve judgement on the Deegan's but the Brennan kid is lying. That's your defense. Ok, got it. Check. Here's...
So, your position in this is to reserve judgement on the Deegan's but the Brennan kid is lying. That's your defense. Ok, got it. Check.

Here's the issue I have outside of the Yamaha issue - which is a BIG issue. Yamaha needs to investigate the claim and deal with it accordingly. The issue I have with Deegan is, he's acting guilty. He's acting like he's lying, and he knows it. The Brennan kid isn't acting guilty. Deegan has made himself in his career off of being a rebel in the industry. His whole marketable brand was formed out of sticking it to "the man", "buck the system". He couldn't get it done consistently in the AMA racing scene so he went the FMX route, created this whole bad boy image, metal mullisha shtick , chip on his shoulder - Anti-AMA branding. And to that, I say good for him. Imagine if the genuine and authentic Brian Deegan of old would have responded to this Claim situation with a "fuck yea, bro - good for you dude - Touche for knowing the rules and making it happen". Then Brian could taken pictures with the kid and blown the whole thing up on social media as something super cool in the sport. Think about the positive press that would have come from that. But instead he's acting like a guilty of something, entitled little "let them eat cake" bitch. He's now "the man" that he has built his brand off of trying to stick it to for all these years. He's lost his roots and has no integrity.

Ask yourself the question, how would have the 2002 Brian Deegan handled this situation as a bystander rider 20 years ago? Who would he have aligned with?

I've always rooted for Brian Deegan because I like to root for the underdog - the rebel, the chip on his shoulder guy that made something for himself in a non-traditional way from nothing to making it big. Now, fuck that. He's everything he used to fight against. And that sad part is, Deegan doesn't even realize it.
Sore Loser wrote:
I've never said Brennan was lying. Not once. The fact is, I dont know if he's lying any more than I know he's telling the truth...
I've never said Brennan was lying. Not once. The fact is, I dont know if he's lying any more than I know he's telling the truth.

I've stated clearly that I think his candor serves him well. He came across very well in the interview. But there are some major discrepancies everyone is just glossing over.

And again, I dont know how Deegan 2002 wouldve handled it because I dont know how Deegan 2022 actually handled it. All I have is the first hand version from a 17 year old kid that already doesnt like the Deegans. Do I find his version credible? Yes. Gospel? No.

I was honestly hoping this thread would get answered by someone that had some facts that I had missed. But so far I've been met with mostly hostility from those that have already made up their mind.

There's still two sides to this story floating around. Nothing anyone has said here has debunked that fact. Just because one side shouts louder doesnt make them righteous.
What will you accept as fact? The kid told his version but you aren’t sure if he’s telling the truth. If Brian, Cotter and Yamaha tell...
What will you accept as fact? The kid told his version but you aren’t sure if he’s telling the truth. If Brian, Cotter and Yamaha tell a different story will that then be the facts according to you?

Unfortunately I don’t see this getting resolved, someone would need to admit they lied or acted in poor taste and pushed the boundaries of legality.

Right now all we know is the kids side of the story since he’s the only one talking. I for one believe him, at least the subject matter on how the events transpired. May be his details aren’t exactly correct but if even half of his story is truthful this isn’t a good look at all for the Deegans and everyone else. Another reason to believe him is the fact that he claimed and bike and it’s NOT in his possession. Can we both agree that’s the one indisputable fact of the story?

It’s kind of sad, I was starting to get into the Deegans and the story of Haiden coming through the ranks and building a brand around that. Now it seems cheap and dirty, may be I’m jumping the gun but this just doesn’t look good.
True the bike isnt in his possession but that doesnt prove anything other than he dropped the claim.

He didnt go into great detail on why he dropped the claim or the issues surrounding it. I find it also odd that Matt Walker was the proxy for the dealership and Brennan knew the contents of that text exchange.
mb60
8/13/2022 7:49pm
The whole thing just blows me away at amateur level. My question is he put in the claim then he should have followed through with it period. His dad should have been with him the whole time. On a side note if danger boy followed me back to my camp. He would have been drug out of the cart by his nappy ass head. 😂
ProKawi24
8/13/2022 7:59pm
Sore Loser wrote:
True the bike isnt in his possession but that doesnt prove anything other than he dropped the claim. He didnt go into great detail on why...
True the bike isnt in his possession but that doesnt prove anything other than he dropped the claim.

He didnt go into great detail on why he dropped the claim or the issues surrounding it. I find it also odd that Matt Walker was the proxy for the dealership and Brennan knew the contents of that text exchange.
I don't usually rant on people but omg dude we got it....you've made over 50 posts saying the same thing over n over again.

We don't "factually" know if the kid is lying or fabricating part of his story or not.

We don't "factually" know if people in the Deegan camp are covering things up, lying, or innocent.

We don't "factually" know if Yamaha was actually involved or pressured the dealer/sponsor of the kid.

We don't "factually" know why the kid rescinded his claim, if he was pressured or this was a stunt.

All we "factually" know is he made a claim, had the money to do so, got a receipt, then for whatever reason pulled the claim and didn't walk away with the bike.

I just summed up your 50+ posts into one. Goddamn I'm starting to miss you making dumbass threads like "Top 5 riders you wish you could be under 23 years old who never won a title" or "Top 5 tracks you would want to ride on a Wednesday morning before 9:30am".
8tensolutions
8/13/2022 8:06pm
What we need is DC, Cotter, the kid, his Dad, the motor guy, and Deegan on Pulp at the same time.
jstein639
8/13/2022 8:22pm
TbonesPop wrote:
If I were Brennan's parents I would lawyer up and pray that the Deegans wanted to try and sue for Defamation. Force them to start going...
If I were Brennan's parents I would lawyer up and pray that the Deegans wanted to try and sue for Defamation. Force them to start going through the legal discovery process - which for the guilty party sucks major ass. Brian Deegan has a LOT more to lose than Brennan has to gain, so he'd be wise to STFU with the whole defamation BS. The fact that he was saying that dropping the "defame" word shows Deegan is only capable of playing checkers and not chess.
Sore Loser wrote:
Civil lawsuits are a battle of attrition. Not a battle of the truth. Brennan's family would get destroyed regardless of the facts in a case like...
Civil lawsuits are a battle of attrition. Not a battle of the truth.

Brennan's family would get destroyed regardless of the facts in a case like this.
Dude, stay away from the legal stuff--especially when you give bad advice.
8/13/2022 8:23pm
I’ve never seen someone so adamant on this forum before. And he made his account today. What the hell lol
And has met Brian and says he's a good guy. Hmm. Nothing to see here! Move along! Great race today, right guys?
Sore Loser
8/13/2022 8:42pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
I don't usually rant on people but omg dude we got it....you've made over 50 posts saying the same thing over n over again. We don't...
I don't usually rant on people but omg dude we got it....you've made over 50 posts saying the same thing over n over again.

We don't "factually" know if the kid is lying or fabricating part of his story or not.

We don't "factually" know if people in the Deegan camp are covering things up, lying, or innocent.

We don't "factually" know if Yamaha was actually involved or pressured the dealer/sponsor of the kid.

We don't "factually" know why the kid rescinded his claim, if he was pressured or this was a stunt.

All we "factually" know is he made a claim, had the money to do so, got a receipt, then for whatever reason pulled the claim and didn't walk away with the bike.

I just summed up your 50+ posts into one. Goddamn I'm starting to miss you making dumbass threads like "Top 5 riders you wish you could be under 23 years old who never won a title" or "Top 5 tracks you would want to ride on a Wednesday morning before 9:30am".
If you read all 50+ of my posts, you need a new hobby.
CPR
8/13/2022 8:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/13/2022 10:38pm
Sore Loser wrote:
Since the other thread is basically a "shit all over Yamaha and the Deegans" love fest, I figured a new thread might be warranted for the...
Since the other thread is basically a "shit all over Yamaha and the Deegans" love fest, I figured a new thread might be warranted for the 2 or 3 of us that arent looking for an excuse to be pissed off or shit on the Deegans. Maybe a pause for some critical thinking and basic questions before drawing any conclusions.

How do we know Brennan is telling the truth?

I'll give him this, he's articulate, and his way of telling his account of what went down comes across as extremely credible. It's how I'd expect someone to tell the truth IF they were telling the truth.

But we havent heard the other side's version of events. And most importantly, Brennan never says how he knew Yamaha Corp was pressuring his sponsor. He clearly states in the interview at around the 17:30 mark what he assumes was the food chain of events. But he never specifically says how he knows this. And the interviewer (Tyler) never asks for clarification.

That to me is a significant moment in the interview. Because if the kid is just ASSUMING his dealership was being pressured, that is a big red flag and it calls into question the rest of his account of the events.

Another thing I find odd, he plays the innocent victim here very well. Never mentions for a moment that he and Haiden have personal beef with each other. He "just wanted to see what it was like to ride a factory bike". Really? That's ALL there is to this story? Now dont get me wrong, Brennan does not have to justify the why. The claim of the bike was within the rules - and the rule is a good one. The bottom line, dont want your unobtanium bike claimed, DONT BRING ONE TO AN AMATEUR RACE. But before I wholesale believe EVERY detail of your story, I want to know all the details. And a significant one is that these two groups have history. This was more than just "wanting to see what a factory bike felt like". Is that relevant to the claiming rule? No, not at all. But it is relevant to the credibility of this Brennan kid. So before I jump on his bandwagon and take everything as gospel, I pause and wonder why certain details are being left out.

If the Deegans are the new Alessis, lets not forget that the Alessis drama didnt exist in a vacuum. He had his rivals and those rivals werent saints either. Other equally overzealous mini dads. And plenty of ankle biting that fueled all the bullshit that went on between all parties involved.

I think it's only fair these questions are asked. Because when I talk to people "in the know" they're telling a very different version of all of this. For example:

- The engine builder fronted the cash for the claim
- Tim Cotter only interviewed Brennan AFTER the claim was rescinded and did so to make sure he wasnt being pressured by Yamaha
- I've heard some say that Brian Deegan never actually cornered the kid

Are any of those statements factual? Of course not. All Im saying is that if you can get past the mob mentality, there's actually another version of the story floating around that severely contradicts what a 17 year old kid is claiming.

I for one think that if indeed that kid was talked to privately by Cotter, Deegan, or anyone NOT the AMA, a SERIOUS line was crossed because again, he's a kid. But to be consistent, I also know that KIDS LIE all the time. So if you're not an adult, you dont get the benefit of the doubt like an adult either.

Simple question? Simple answer.

Yes there are always two sides to a story, BUT if Brennan’s story is not factual, why haven’t MX Sports, Brian Deegan, Matt Walker, or anyone from Yamaha or Star rapidly shot it down in flames?
Why is the reply/ defence taking so long?

That tells you all you need to know.

8/13/2022 8:45pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
I don't usually rant on people but omg dude we got it....you've made over 50 posts saying the same thing over n over again. We don't...

Sore Loser wrote:
You made 50 posts in one day on one topic but he needs a hobby?
Broseph
8/13/2022 8:53pm
ProKawi24 wrote:

Sore Loser wrote:
You made 50 posts in one day on one topic but he needs a hobby?
lol

In before the thread delete…

Post a reply to: 13+ pages and yet nobody has asked this simple question...

The Latest