#13-14-15: MXGP of Flanders / Limburg / Lommel – October 17-18 / 20-21 / 24-25

roninho
10/19/2020 10:45am
Bidirella wrote:
Langenfelder is 15, maybe 16 around now, but he was 15 at the start of the season. Can’t see them dropping Simon. Mayby with more support...
Langenfelder is 15, maybe 16 around now, but he was 15 at the start of the season. Can’t see them dropping Simon.

Mayby with more support of GasGas they will run a 3 man team, if they are interesting in keeping Gifting..

Would be hard for them to to give up on Sydow. They picked him up and must be hard to let a German talent go..

I don’t know if they both are already signed for next year, but they must be nervous to seeing Gifting doing so extremely well..

On the other hand.. Gifting is probably on allot of teams radar now. I think he will be more then fine for a good full time MX2 job...
philG wrote:
I think that Sydow & Langenfelder are both good prospects, and fit with the German team, and its sponsors. Gifting's EMX form wasnt the greatest, in...
I think that Sydow & Langenfelder are both good prospects, and fit with the German team, and its sponsors.

Gifting's EMX form wasnt the greatest, in 2109,you have to say a good couple of races at the start of the 2020 season got him noticed.

Good ride from off the floor at Lommel though.
Is the German nationality still a thing after they partnered with GasGas? Can't recall but i thought they had allready signed both riders before they became a Gasgas team?

philG
10/19/2020 11:06am
roninho wrote:
Is the German nationality still a thing after they partnered with GasGas? Can't recall but i thought they had allready signed both riders before they became...
Is the German nationality still a thing after they partnered with GasGas? Can't recall but i thought they had allready signed both riders before they became a Gasgas team?

As a German team, i would expect they would take the best German riders if they are good enough, and those two certainly are, if you are looking to get backing in your home country for a team, you are more likely to get that promoting home grown talent.

I know they have had non German guys, but taking Langenfelder and Sydow as young as they are , tells me its a concious decision, like the Madii team being italian.

Bidirella
10/19/2020 11:11am
DeStouwer wrote:
Boisrame is out aswell. Since his crash at Faenza he's suffering the aftermath from a concussion, so he's throwing the towel for the rest of the...
Boisrame is out aswell. Since his crash at Faenza he's suffering the aftermath from a concussion, so he's throwing the towel for the rest of the 2020 season.
Didnt known that it was that bad. Saw him riding first moto around P16 and retire the race a little later. Was wondering what was going on. This clears the air for me.

Bummer, he started the really strong after the COVID break.

Vd Moosdijk only rider left on the team right now.
Motofinne
10/19/2020 11:16am
roninho wrote:
Is the German nationality still a thing after they partnered with GasGas? Can't recall but i thought they had allready signed both riders before they became...

philG wrote:
As a German team, i would expect they would take the best German riders if they are good enough, and those two certainly are, if you...
As a German team, i would expect they would take the best German riders if they are good enough, and those two certainly are, if you are looking to get backing in your home country for a team, you are more likely to get that promoting home grown talent.

I know they have had non German guys, but taking Langenfelder and Sydow as young as they are , tells me its a concious decision, like the Madii team being italian.

But they're a factory team now. They can't just look at the nationality like that and choose riders based on it.

The Shop

philG
10/19/2020 11:35am
Motofinne wrote:
But they're a factory team now. They can't just look at the nationality like that and choose riders based on it.
I doubt very much that they are totally funded by GAS GAS ( or KTM).

Its a grey area, for sure, but if you are a team owner, who makes a big investment, do you hire who you are told to , surely that is something you get to do by being a proper factory team ( as in doing it yourself).

Does Louis Vosters at Wilvo get told by Yamaha , who he has to hire ? Genuine question.

These 'Junior Teams' are still essentially private, its just a way of showing who is the 'official' team, like Hutton Metaal is for Yamaha EMX etc.

When Importer teams were a thing in the past, there were plenty of rides, but they are a thing of the past, sadly.

roninho
10/19/2020 12:26pm
Well Hutten Metaal for example had limited input on their rider selections, they could pick 1 dutch rider but the other ones were up to Yamaha.
philG
10/19/2020 12:30pm
roninho wrote:
Well Hutten Metaal for example had limited input on their rider selections, they could pick 1 dutch rider but the other ones were up to Yamaha.
Interesting.. honestly. from where they were before, having riders in MXGP, i thought it was a step back for them .

What happened to Raivo Dankers, he was a 'next big thing ' that seems to have lost his way a little.
MBR
10/19/2020 1:03pm
Unfortunately only bigger change for the track seems to be this jump to the whoops. Probably quad for 450’s and fast 250’s.
DeStouwer
10/19/2020 1:04pm
One of the major reasons Desalle decided to quit racing GP's: zero respect.

tek14
10/19/2020 1:05pm
MBR wrote:
Unfortunately only bigger change for the track seems to be this jump to the whoops. Probably quad for 450’s and fast 250’s. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/19/454874/s1200_172B969E_E77F_4245_9BFD_78973529C583.jpg[/img]
Unfortunately only bigger change for the track seems to be this jump to the whoops. Probably quad for 450’s and fast 250’s.
What happened to 3 new layout plan?
philG
10/19/2020 2:32pm
tek14 wrote:
What happened to 3 new layout plan?
At the risk of being controversial, i would say it has nothing to do with Johan Boonen not wanting to do it, and more to do with someone not wanting to have to pay people to turn signs round and move stuff.
10/19/2020 3:02pm
roninho wrote:
Yeah Gifting is riding well. Wonder how those one offs translate into full year results. Horgmo had a great wildcard at the Czech republic last year...
Yeah Gifting is riding well. Wonder how those one offs translate into full year results.
Horgmo had a great wildcard at the Czech republic last year but hasnt dont much this season. I can also remember Bas Vaessen getting 2 top 10s in the dutch gp when he was still riding EMX, he has a hard time breaking top 10 right now. Forato was awesome last year at Valkenswaard, he started of strong but hasnt gotten the results after that this year.
This is a very good point, I’ve been thinking about this a bit myself. EMX guys have really good wild card showings, but have a hard time to keep it up once they get a full time shot at it. It really is a different thing to show up without any expectations versus having the pressure to live up to those results.
10/19/2020 8:39pm
Here's a look at the points for the last 5 GP's (which are the rounds Isak Gifting was competing in) and see where he would actually stand :

1/ VIALLE Tom 215
2/ KJER OLSEN Thomas 193
3/ GEERTS Jago 183
4/ WATSON Ben 164
5/ BEATON Jed 160
6/ RENAUX Maxime 148
7/ VAN DE MOOSDIJK Roan 147
8/ MEWSE Conrad 125
9/ GIFTING Isak 112
10/ FERNANDEZ Ruben 93
Bearuno
10/19/2020 9:48pm
DeStouwer wrote:
One of the major reasons Desalle decided to quit racing GP's: zero respect. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/19/454875/s1200_Screenshot_20201019_220138_Facebook.jpg[/img]

Is it just Clement making a comment on the sign, or is it, I assume, perhaps the MX Panda commenting on things being a 'Jump Fest', more akin to SX (as in perhaps the only changes for the 2nd Lommel GP are just that; 'jumps aplenty'), with his referencing the "Circus Motocross" sign?

I guess more airtime gives the riders a bit of a rest from the vicious, bottomless, natural sand whoops and holes that form, but heck, MXGP tracks (well all MX tracks) are becoming all about airtime.

I wish they'd back off on the ever increasing SX-ification of MXGP, and, MX in general. It's the way these incredible riders handle the ever changing surfaces that impresses me, more so than the jumps (which I sure as hell couldn't do..... the surface, or the jumps Dizzy )
10/19/2020 11:06pm
DeStouwer wrote:
One of the major reasons Desalle decided to quit racing GP's: zero respect. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/19/454875/s1200_Screenshot_20201019_220138_Facebook.jpg[/img]

Bearuno wrote:
Is it just Clement making a comment on the sign, or is it, I assume, perhaps the MX Panda commenting on things being a 'Jump Fest'...
Is it just Clement making a comment on the sign, or is it, I assume, perhaps the MX Panda commenting on things being a 'Jump Fest', more akin to SX (as in perhaps the only changes for the 2nd Lommel GP are just that; 'jumps aplenty'), with his referencing the "Circus Motocross" sign?

I guess more airtime gives the riders a bit of a rest from the vicious, bottomless, natural sand whoops and holes that form, but heck, MXGP tracks (well all MX tracks) are becoming all about airtime.

I wish they'd back off on the ever increasing SX-ification of MXGP, and, MX in general. It's the way these incredible riders handle the ever changing surfaces that impresses me, more so than the jumps (which I sure as hell couldn't do..... the surface, or the jumps Dizzy )
They need to have big jumps so you can see the riders over the 6ft tall signs that line the edges of the GP tracks.
I'd never take my kid to a GP due to height of these signs.
tek14
10/19/2020 11:59pm
DeStouwer wrote:

Bearuno wrote:
Is it just Clement making a comment on the sign, or is it, I assume, perhaps the MX Panda commenting on things being a 'Jump Fest'...

They need to have big jumps so you can see the riders over the 6ft tall signs that line the edges of the GP tracks. I'd...
They need to have big jumps so you can see the riders over the 6ft tall signs that line the edges of the GP tracks.
I'd never take my kid to a GP due to height of these signs.
Sings are getting ridiculous whne their on TV production cant see riders behind sings or cars/quads what eve advertising r they have in middle of track. Even first Italian round Malin said there is jump outside but you can see it behind banners...
roninho
10/20/2020 12:51am
roninho wrote:
philG wrote:
Interesting.. honestly. from where they were before, having riders in MXGP, i thought it was a step back for them . What happened to Raivo Dankers...
Interesting.. honestly. from where they were before, having riders in MXGP, i thought it was a step back for them .

What happened to Raivo Dankers, he was a 'next big thing ' that seems to have lost his way a little.
Yeah when i first heard it i was kind of surprised, going back from MXGP to EMX.

But then again: It doesnt look like they are spending less money (building an appartment & gym at their workspace) and having a big partner in Yamaha for sure will help with the costs i imagine. And i can imagine that fighting for a EMX title offers a different set of energy (also for the sponsor) then fighting for a point in a sand GP with de waal/vd mierden.

Also long term i can see building a relation with an OEM as official team might give better opportunities then simply being a well funded 'privateer' team fighting for points in EXM. Just look at how long it took Vosters and Standing to become official factory teams.
DeStouwer
10/20/2020 1:03am
The final of the EMX250 today! Who will take the championship? Benistant leads Guadagnini with a difference of 24 points.
Bidirella
10/20/2020 1:09am
News got out, Benistant will also make his GP debut this Sunday and race the tripple GP at Arco like DeWolf!
Bidirella
10/20/2020 1:10am
DeStouwer wrote:
The final of the EMX250 today! Who will take the championship? Benistant leads Guadagnini with a difference of 24 points.
Unless he doesn’t have a mechanical i cant see him losing this title
roninho
10/20/2020 1:22am
If he keeps his nerves it should be his. But bad start, get nervous, make a mistake and finish 12th in moto 1 with Guadagnini winning could easily happen.
Motofinne
10/20/2020 1:38am
roninho wrote:
If he keeps his nerves it should be his. But bad start, get nervous, make a mistake and finish 12th in moto 1 with Guadagnini winning...
If he keeps his nerves it should be his. But bad start, get nervous, make a mistake and finish 12th in moto 1 with Guadagnini winning could easily happen.
Yeah this is a track where you can make a big mistake if you aren't 100% focused. Not over yet but he is in a good position.
DeStouwer
10/20/2020 2:02am
Bidirella wrote:
News got out, Benistant will also make his GP debut this Sunday and race the tripple GP at Arco like DeWolf!
Great! Facchetti aswell or maybe only the Trentino rounds?
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
10/20/2020 2:07am
I think Benistant is a special Kid. Intense riding and he look strong physically. He has a bright future in my opinion.
Motofinne
10/20/2020 2:38am
Sampo Rainio took pole in EMX125. I can't remember the last time when we have had a Finn being the quickest in a qualifying session in any of these classes, exciting stuff!
Bidirella
10/20/2020 3:13am
DeStouwer wrote:
Great! Facchetti aswell or maybe only the Trentino rounds?
I don’t know about Facchetti. I doubt if he will line up in those GPs. He hasn’t really delivered in EMX this year results wise. Would suprise me to see him line up this Sunday or at Arco.
Motofinne
10/20/2020 3:13am
Is de Wolf hurt? 40th in qualifying, almost failed to make the motos.
DeStouwer
10/20/2020 3:18am
Benistant takes pole, 0.8 sec faster than Guadagnini. De Wolf indeed only made it to 40th and takes the last gate pick. His time was 8 sec slower than pole position. Maybe he crashed in free practice?
philG
10/20/2020 4:06am
After being 8th in the first session , that seems odd. Bike problem maybe?

Post a reply to: #13-14-15: MXGP of Flanders / Limburg / Lommel – October 17-18 / 20-21 / 24-25

The Latest