125's vs 250f's

bd
10/10/2010 9:25pm
KTM 150... dirtrider has a 250F vs 150T shootout. 150T closes the gap... and is FAST
DBerg
10/10/2010 9:28pm
GODMODE wrote:
i'm begginer, but i don't suck haha i clear all the jumps on the track, and keep up with most everybody on a normal day. but...
i'm begginer, but i don't suck haha i clear all the jumps on the track, and keep up with most everybody on a normal day. but the races i'd be doing are indoor (i live in utah, there's gonna be a foot of snow on the ground in like a month) so tight tracks, with not very big jumps. also, should i spend the money on a neck brace, or save it for a 250f?
Karma wrote:
NECK BRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are just a beginner and if you jump on a 250f it will be easy for you to go much faster, beyond your...
NECK BRACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are just a beginner and if you jump on a 250f it will be easy for you to go much faster, beyond your skills at times, Get a
neck Brace FIRST. and NOW! before your next ride! GOT IT?????
GODMODE wrote:
haha k i gotta plan. i'm actually buying a neck brace this week, (not due to this post, i got wadded up when some tool T-boned...
haha k i gotta plan. i'm actually buying a neck brace this week, (not due to this post, i got wadded up when some tool T-boned me out of an outside line yesterday, and tweaked my neck, so i decided on a brace) and thenn, i gotta stop being a lazyass 16 yr old, and go get a job, then i can buy a 250 within 3 or 4 months easy (: (if i sell my bike)
The 4 strokes are gonna be a lot easier to ride but realisticaly in a beginner and novice class, a 250F has little advantage over a 125. It's pretty unlikely that you're ringing that 125 out to its max potential, so just because another bike has the ability to go faster, doesn't necessarily mean you'll be making it go faster. Like it was said before, it's mostly rider. In a pro class where skill level is more evenly matched, those little hp/torque differences make a much bigger difference. Although Stewart dominated all those 250F's on a 125 back in the day as well.
Also, you're only 16 so you have to consider more than just the purchasing price of the bike (especially with a 4 stroke). Not only are parts more expensive, but there's more moving parts (ie. more potential for something to fail), and it's a more complicated design. Basically a hammered drunk Lindsey Lohan could replace a top end on a 2stroke and not even mess up her manicure, while a 4stroke will take a little more mechanical knowledge, and if you don't have that knowledge, those maintanance issues will cost even more in labor at your local shop. Ofcourse i don't know how much involvement your parents have in your racing, so there's that to take into consideration as well. In the end, you should ride both and see which one is more fun for you. With fun comes motivation, and from there the race wins will follow regardless of what kind of bike you're on.

The Shop

Post a reply to: 125's vs 250f's

The Latest