125 question for DC?

Ted722
5/12/2018 11:28am
jeffro503 wrote:
I'd say Newmann pretty much nailed it.
Ted722 wrote:
Jeffro, from one 125 rider/racer to another, even though I've got that old '05 YZ with the "bad" forks and you've got the latest. I can't...
Jeffro, from one 125 rider/racer to another, even though I've got that old '05 YZ with the "bad" forks and you've got the latest. I can't think of anything 190lbs or so, that's any better to have as a dancing partner! Bring on the Nationals! Grinning
BobPA wrote:
I would prefer $8,626,000....or 190lbs of $100 bills
Ok, that's $45 a pound. My used '05 was $9 a pound, but i agree I'd prefer 190lbs of $100 bills!
DC
5/12/2018 12:10pm
Also, we had to go with a full gate for Hangtown after a sign-up snafu, adding some names you might recognize: Hahn, Pingree, Albertson, Palmer, Sleeter, Villopoto.

DC
Racer X
NorcalVet
5/12/2018 12:22pm
DC wrote:
Also, we had to go with a full gate for Hangtown after a sign-up snafu, adding some names you might recognize: Hahn, Pingree, Albertson, Palmer, Sleeter...
Also, we had to go with a full gate for Hangtown after a sign-up snafu, adding some names you might recognize: Hahn, Pingree, Albertson, Palmer, Sleeter, Villopoto.

DC
Racer X
Maybe make room for two more locals, the gate can handle at least 44

That Slippy dude and and his buddy David L who’s been known to be fast on a 125 smoker !!

....Shoot even Ted gets around pretty good and knows his way around that place.

bodean123
Fantasy
2112th
5/12/2018 12:40pm
I have a question...will they guys be wearing transponders? Be curious to see how some of the lap times shake down

The Shop

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
5/12/2018 2:08pm
DC wrote:
Also, we had to go with a full gate for Hangtown after a sign-up snafu, adding some names you might recognize: Hahn, Pingree, Albertson, Palmer, Sleeter...

DC
Racer X
Glorious!
Ted722
5/12/2018 2:48pm
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
NorcalVet wrote:
Maybe make room for two more locals, the gate can handle at least 44 That Slippy dude and and his buddy David L who’s been known...
Maybe make room for two more locals, the gate can handle at least 44

That Slippy dude and and his buddy David L who’s been known to be fast on a 125 smoker !!

....Shoot even Ted gets around pretty good and knows his way around that place.

Mike,
Yes Wey...as in flagging support! ..here hold my beer! Smile
dboivin
5/12/2018 3:00pm
i cannot wait for this and hope it shows up on gold. I'd pay for gold pass just for a full 125 series alone....
Brent
5/12/2018 3:07pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
If Suzuki puts out a new 125, I'll buy 2. We are more likely to see upgrades to the YZs before that happens though... So Yamaha...
If Suzuki puts out a new 125, I'll buy 2.

We are more likely to see upgrades to the YZs before that happens though... So Yamaha will get my money again.
Four manufacturers currently produce a 2018 125 MX bike for the US market, it could be worse...
crc245
5/12/2018 6:25pm
DC wrote:
Maverick, that would require an hour of overtime for about 60 people on the TV crew, and they don't work for cheap!

DC
Racer X
they might if it sold 1000 extra Gold Pass subscriptions. I'm one of those hold-outs that is waiting to see if the 125 race is included...
they might if it sold 1000 extra Gold Pass subscriptions. I'm one of those hold-outs that is waiting to see if the 125 race is included. If not, I'll just watch on dailymotion the next day.
In the exact position, holding out on the Gold Pass till confirmation...
5/12/2018 6:30pm
they might if it sold 1000 extra Gold Pass subscriptions. I'm one of those hold-outs that is waiting to see if the 125 race is included...
they might if it sold 1000 extra Gold Pass subscriptions. I'm one of those hold-outs that is waiting to see if the 125 race is included. If not, I'll just watch on dailymotion the next day.
I'm also holding off on Gold Pass. Show me the full 125 races and I'm in. Otherwise, will look for the race highlights elsewhere and not spend the money.
2T42
5/12/2018 6:39pm
DC wrote:
Maverick, that would require an hour of overtime for about 60 people on the TV crew, and they don't work for cheap!

DC
Racer X
crc245 wrote:
In the exact position, holding out on the Gold Pass till confirmation...
Same
5/12/2018 6:47pm
newmann wrote:
Because 125’s rule and four strokes suck. Next question???
ML512 wrote:
I quite like both.
Anyone "liking" the 4stroke over 2 is just lazy! Those things take all the fun and finess out of moto!
5/12/2018 7:23pm
Is there a limit to the age of the bike? Also is it just the honor system to not run a 144?
mxb2
5/12/2018 7:28pm
Is there a limit to the age of the bike? Also is it just the honor system to not run a 144?
125 cc,. Rules are on mx sports website.
Lightning78
5/12/2018 7:59pm
ML512 wrote:
As for Kawi, that 125 coming this year thing has been floating around for a solid four years now...I'm not holding my breath. Suzuki was kinda...
As for Kawi, that 125 coming this year thing has been floating around for a solid four years now...I'm not holding my breath. Suzuki was kinda working on something...but based on what I heard the other day, it may have been stopped.
Nooooooooo!!!!! Why?????? I am assuming it was a bike based on the one I saw one of their sponsored amateur kids riding at the James Stewart freestone AM national. Aluminum framed RM 125 with the previous generation 2017 and back RMZ plastics gas tank etc. And believe it or not while I know the engine was built Suzuki’s top amateur kid on it was actually hanging perfectly fine with the KTM 125’s which are noticeably more powerful
bowser977
5/14/2018 10:32am
bowser977 wrote:
Why won't people just give it up already good god lol
jeffro503 wrote:
You don't get it and probably never will. If you spent enough time on a 125.. ..you wouldn't of even asked the question.
I do, I rode a 125 for a few years. They are cool and all, but people think they're coming back and this pro should just line up and race one is pure comedy.
mxb2
5/15/2018 12:29am
I'm also holding off on Gold Pass. Show me the full 125 races and I'm in. Otherwise, will look for the race highlights elsewhere and not...
I'm also holding off on Gold Pass. Show me the full 125 races and I'm in. Otherwise, will look for the race highlights elsewhere and not spend the money.
Its ,$55 bucks, really.?
Jaze
5/15/2018 4:22am
DC wrote:
Still working on it for NBC Gold. Highlights for sure but the race is 45 minutes before the first motos, which makes it hard to get...
Still working on it for NBC Gold. Highlights for sure but the race is 45 minutes before the first motos, which makes it hard to get all of the cameras manned and start the stream, I'm told. We are working on a fix.

DC
Racer X
Good to hear you are working to make something for 125 class to see for the fans who pays NBC Gold package.
Hope you make it work.
Can´t wait for the season starts.

Thx!

DC
5/15/2018 4:39am
The problem (for Hangtown, anyway) is that the race is schedule before opening ceremonies. The TV cameramen and truck crew would have to all be in place one hour before the scheduled time, and that means about 60 people on overtime when they are supposed to be eating lunch. We are trying to find out if they will maybe use four well-placed cameras and tape it to show later or even right after the motos. Meantime, Racer X Films will be shooting it, there will be Garmins on some riders and we will do our best.

If you're holding out on buying the NBC Gold pass over the 125 race, I don't have any solid news yet.

And what Pingree said on his own IG was wrong, but we are all hoping we find a fix.

Sorry. We will keep trying.

DC
Racer X
just James
5/15/2018 5:09am
Thanks DC.
I get the feeling that you could hand a suitcase full of money to some of the posters on here, and they would complain about the color of the suitcase.
ga_pike
5/15/2018 5:16am
Full 125 gate for Hangtown. I hope the manufacturers, sanctioning bodies, promoters, sponsors, and everyone else are paying attention.
Indy mxer
5/15/2018 5:53am
DC, have you noticed any renewed interest from Kaw or Suz since announcing the 125 class?
newmann
5/15/2018 5:54am
ga_pike wrote:
Full 125 gate for Hangtown. I hope the manufacturers, sanctioning bodies, promoters, sponsors, and everyone else are paying attention.
You do realize that no one is interested in a 125 class, don't you?

If you haven't learned that from the Vital Braintrust yet, there may be no hope for you.

Whistling

Laughing
wfo4ever
5/15/2018 7:35pm
newmann wrote:
You do realize that no one is interested in a 125 class, don't you? If you haven't learned that from the Vital Braintrust yet, there may...
You do realize that no one is interested in a 125 class, don't you?

If you haven't learned that from the Vital Braintrust yet, there may be no hope for you.

Whistling

Laughing
I believe Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki are not interested in a 125 class because they don't produce a 125cc motocross model. They also have lots of power over certain people and their organizations. The fans want to see 125cc 2-Strokes race motocross. Only problem is Money and Greed is a very powerful thing and they are in charge of our sport. That is why there is no 125 2-Stroke class in MX or SX.
5/16/2018 12:26pm
DC wrote:
The problem (for Hangtown, anyway) is that the race is schedule before opening ceremonies. The TV cameramen and truck crew would have to all be in...
The problem (for Hangtown, anyway) is that the race is schedule before opening ceremonies. The TV cameramen and truck crew would have to all be in place one hour before the scheduled time, and that means about 60 people on overtime when they are supposed to be eating lunch. We are trying to find out if they will maybe use four well-placed cameras and tape it to show later or even right after the motos. Meantime, Racer X Films will be shooting it, there will be Garmins on some riders and we will do our best.

If you're holding out on buying the NBC Gold pass over the 125 race, I don't have any solid news yet.

And what Pingree said on his own IG was wrong, but we are all hoping we find a fix.

Sorry. We will keep trying.

DC
Racer X
We won't even care if it doesn't have announcing or super high quality video feed. Just being able to see the whole race from start to finish in real time would make me an instant Gold subscriber.
OldYZRider1
5/16/2018 2:16pm
wfo4ever wrote:
I believe Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki are not interested in a 125 class because they don't produce a 125cc motocross model. They also have lots of...
I believe Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki are not interested in a 125 class because they don't produce a 125cc motocross model. They also have lots of power over certain people and their organizations. The fans want to see 125cc 2-Strokes race motocross. Only problem is Money and Greed is a very powerful thing and they are in charge of our sport. That is why there is no 125 2-Stroke class in MX or SX.
Amen.

Those manufacturer's also have no electric MXer's in production yet. This is likely the real reason Alta got the cold shoulder this year so "data gathering" could occur. My guess is these manufacturer's will announce competitive electric MXer's within the year.
jeffro503
5/16/2018 2:26pm
bowser977 wrote:
Why won't people just give it up already good god lol
jeffro503 wrote:
You don't get it and probably never will. If you spent enough time on a 125.. ..you wouldn't of even asked the question.
bowser977 wrote:
I do, I rode a 125 for a few years. They are cool and all, but people think they're coming back and this pro should just...
I do, I rode a 125 for a few years. They are cool and all, but people think they're coming back and this pro should just line up and race one is pure comedy.
That's not what that class is really used for. If you watch the GP's it's used as a stepping stone for 85cc and super mini riders , before jumping onto the 250F's. If you think there is no place for them.....you need to check again. Their gates usually have the full 40 riders with many riders not making it in.

Post a reply to: 125 question for DC?

The Latest