125 laptimes??

Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
5/20/2018 3:17am
Any idea what the laptimes were for the 125s? Im sure they were waaaaaaay off the pace of the 250f's but would be interesting to see how far off

It would also be cool to see a litpro versus a 250f
|
5/20/2018 10:20am
Last year at thundervalley “my rider” (got second) would have qualified about 20th in 250f class - on a pretty stout 150 on the track after all qualifying had been completed (roughest yet)

Sipes beat him and was a tic faster in times (obviously)

It would be neat to see lit pro data at a few tracks.

My best 125 is about 10 hp off my best 250fs. Id say there isnt a rider on the planet who can make that gap up (js7 was lucky to be in the early onset of 250f)

Jrewing
5/20/2018 3:19pm
Last year at thundervalley “my rider” (got second) would have qualified about 20th in 250f class - on a pretty stout 150 on the track after...
Last year at thundervalley “my rider” (got second) would have qualified about 20th in 250f class - on a pretty stout 150 on the track after all qualifying had been completed (roughest yet)

My best 125 is about 10 hp off my best 250fs. Id say there isnt a rider on the planet who can make that gap up (js7 was lucky to be in the early onset of 250f)

Derek, what do you estimate tomacs or Barcias bikes topping power wise? I'm guessing theyre touching 70hp
5/20/2018 3:30pm
Last year at thundervalley “my rider” (got second) would have qualified about 20th in 250f class - on a pretty stout 150 on the track after...

Jrewing wrote:
Derek, what do you estimate tomacs or Barcias bikes topping power wise? I'm guessing theyre touching 70hp
Dyno depending of course... not even close

for one - you couldnt make use of it anywhere on the track

And for 2 - thats quite a power feat for a 450
In american flat track - on honest dynos, 65 has been MORE than enough to win - where power matters more than moto
I have it on very solid info the alessi rmZ (mcr bike) was 62 ish full tilt and backed down for racing

People would shit if they knew how close to production most the 450s are in power...

Race fuel, mapping, and a few tiny tweaks on the crf, ktm, or new yz platform is more hp than anyone needs. The rmz needs some love... but clearly has proven itself to get holeshots over the last 10 years in pro racing

Too much power is more problematic than too little in the 450 class.
True story - van martin holeshot thundervalley from the far outside (first to the top of the hill - not officially across the line) aboard a stone stock crf450 back when it made about 52 hp. His maybe had pipes and fuel but it may have been stock pipes that day if im not mistaken because his 250 blew up

the most important number is torque on the 450. Teams chase that and delivery... and then through gearing can make it so you hardly ever shift

Post a reply to: 125 laptimes??

The Latest