125 Washougal race

thatswhathappens
Fantasy
2150th
7/28/2018 3:16pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
So Kawi screws him over and that somehow makes RV scared of Pourcel....makes sense.
I think he’s implying that Kawi screwed him over because RV was scared of him.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I see. Well, he's an idiot!
lol, can’t disagree with you there. His career took a pretty odd trajectory.
MXMattii
7/28/2018 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 3:56pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
So Kawi screws him over and that somehow makes RV scared of Pourcel....makes sense.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
He's no idiot. Kawasaki Japan wanted that Kawasaki USA signed Christophe Pourcel. The Pourcel family and Kawasaki had a long lasting relationship. But because Ryan Villopoto didn't wanted to have someone in his team, who could be a potential competition for wins, he persuaded Mike Fischer in signing his close friend Jake Weimer. But Weimer was injured a lot and his results weren't Kawaski Factory Material.

Mike Fischer got himself in trouble for the first time with Kawasaki... Then he and his crew thought is was a great idea to piss against the wind and dump long lasting Kawi and Monster friend: "Mitch Payton and his Pro Circuit pipes" for the FMF pipes and he got in trouble again and ... where is he now?!

@Racinstation: "Oh Pourcel.....I am sure Kawasaki would trade all those "Fastest Qualifier" plaques for the small handful of Championships that RV brought to the table. They just flat missed out on that one."

We will never know but, what if... What if Pourcel got that Kawasaki deal that what his, then his career wouln't came to a stop and he could've kept preforming on his level from the 250 days. You know beating Ryan Dungey, Trey Canard and Ryan Villopoto in his second US SX attempt. Now because that deal didn't went through his career came to stop. He signed with MotoConcepts what didn't do good to his career. Then he came back to Europe in 2011 and in 2012 he won: two gp's. And then he got that violent crash and got heavily injured at the Bercy Supercross in 2012, they needed to remove his spleen. His motocross days looked over and his career came to a stop again. But first Yamaha gave him a shot for a 250 outdoor season where he finished sixth and won one round and then he got a call from Husqvarna and he became 5th in the 450 outdoor championship from 2015 and 6th in the 450 outdoor championship from 2016. That championship he was battling for top fives and more between riders suchs as, Ken Roczen, Trey Canard, Eli Tomac, Marvin Musquin, Justin Barcia, till he broke his neck in Washougal being second in that race.

After his spleen injury Supercross never became his forte anymore. Only a few glances of brilliance. But just to round up all of this. Tell me someone who overcame two mayor injuries like this. Went 2 years off the grid and came back again to fight one of the worlds best motocross championships? To win one of the rounds that year with that Yamaha! And the story about Villopoto is true, I may fall death on the ground due lightning, if I talk nonsense but I have it from two very close sources if you know what I mean.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/28/2018 4:03pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
He's no idiot. Kawasaki Japan wanted that Kawasaki USA signed Christophe Pourcel. The Pourcel family and Kawasaki had a long lasting relationship. But because Ryan Villopoto...
He's no idiot. Kawasaki Japan wanted that Kawasaki USA signed Christophe Pourcel. The Pourcel family and Kawasaki had a long lasting relationship. But because Ryan Villopoto didn't wanted to have someone in his team, who could be a potential competition for wins, he persuaded Mike Fischer in signing his close friend Jake Weimer. But Weimer was injured a lot and his results weren't Kawaski Factory Material.

Mike Fischer got himself in trouble for the first time with Kawasaki... Then he and his crew thought is was a great idea to piss against the wind and dump long lasting Kawi and Monster friend: "Mitch Payton and his Pro Circuit pipes" for the FMF pipes and he got in trouble again and ... where is he now?!

@Racinstation: "Oh Pourcel.....I am sure Kawasaki would trade all those "Fastest Qualifier" plaques for the small handful of Championships that RV brought to the table. They just flat missed out on that one."

We will never know but, what if... What if Pourcel got that Kawasaki deal that what his, then his career wouln't came to a stop and he could've kept preforming on his level from the 250 days. You know beating Ryan Dungey, Trey Canard and Ryan Villopoto in his second US SX attempt. Now because that deal didn't went through his career came to stop. He signed with MotoConcepts what didn't do good to his career. Then he came back to Europe in 2011 and in 2012 he won: two gp's. And then he got that violent crash and got heavily injured at the Bercy Supercross in 2012, they needed to remove his spleen. His motocross days looked over and his career came to a stop again. But first Yamaha gave him a shot for a 250 outdoor season where he finished sixth and won one round and then he got a call from Husqvarna and he became 5th in the 450 outdoor championship from 2015 and 6th in the 450 outdoor championship from 2016. That championship he was battling for top fives and more between riders suchs as, Ken Roczen, Trey Canard, Eli Tomac, Marvin Musquin, Justin Barcia, till he broke his neck in Washougal being second in that race.

After his spleen injury Supercross never became his forte anymore. Only a few glances of brilliance. But just to round up all of this. Tell me someone who overcame two mayor injuries like this. Went 2 years off the grid and came back again to fight one of the worlds best motocross championships? To win one of the rounds that year with that Yamaha! And the story about Villopoto is true, I may fall death on the ground due lightning, if I talk nonsense but I have it from two very close sources if you know what I mean.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy but he's delusional if he thinks RV was scared of him. Not wanting someone as your teammate doesn't mean you're scared it simply means that you either don't like the guy or you don't want your potential top competitor under the same tent.

That's normal. In fact, just look at the current talks about Musquin and Webb going to KTM and how that wouldn't work out for "X" amount of reasons. Same thing between Villopoto and Pourcel. Same thing with Dungey and Roczen. It happens all the time. Top riders want to be the sole focus of the team. That's why teams hire a number 1 rider and a number 2 rider.

Nonetheless, Pourcel should be proud of everything he accomplished in moto. He's had a great career.

It was fun seeing him in Canada and I still wish he would have came back for a second season.

MXMattii
7/28/2018 4:22pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy but he's delusional if he thinks RV was scared of him. Not wanting someone as your teammate...
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy but he's delusional if he thinks RV was scared of him. Not wanting someone as your teammate doesn't mean you're scared it simply means that you either don't like the guy or you don't want your potential top competitor under the same tent.

That's normal. In fact, just look at the current talks about Musquin and Webb going to KTM and how that wouldn't work out for "X" amount of reasons. Same thing between Villopoto and Pourcel. Same thing with Dungey and Roczen. It happens all the time. Top riders want to be the sole focus of the team. That's why teams hire a number 1 rider and a number 2 rider.

Nonetheless, Pourcel should be proud of everything he accomplished in moto. He's had a great career.

It was fun seeing him in Canada and I still wish he would have came back for a second season.

If you see him as your potential top competitor, you are scared of him. Scared to lose your kingdom what such teams are for riders. And I understand Villopoto as sportsmen, look at the TDF, it's never a easy thing when one of your main rivals is on the same team. But I also understand Pourcel that he's still a bit triggered about all that, that he thinks: Why couldn't we just fight it out on the track, with the same equipment and just watch who's the strongest. Because he was loyal to Kawasaki and really believed he would become the second rider in the team. If he knew from the start hat Kawasaki wouldn't sign him he could've been the top competitor at the HRC team for example. That just shows that you better eats the cake you have in front of you, instead to wait for a cake that maybe never comes. Hahaha!

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
7/28/2018 4:34pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the guy but he's delusional if he thinks RV was scared of him. Not wanting someone as your teammate...

MXMattii wrote:
If you see him as your potential top competitor, you are scared of him. Scared to lose your kingdom what such teams are for riders. And...
If you see him as your potential top competitor, you are scared of him. Scared to lose your kingdom what such teams are for riders. And I understand Villopoto as sportsmen, look at the TDF, it's never a easy thing when one of your main rivals is on the same team. But I also understand Pourcel that he's still a bit triggered about all that, that he thinks: Why couldn't we just fight it out on the track, with the same equipment and just watch who's the strongest. Because he was loyal to Kawasaki and really believed he would become the second rider in the team. If he knew from the start hat Kawasaki wouldn't sign him he could've been the top competitor at the HRC team for example. That just shows that you better eats the cake you have in front of you, instead to wait for a cake that maybe never comes. Hahaha!
Top riders are not scared/afraid of other top riders. You don't want your top competitor under the same tent because you don't want them to learn from you. At that level of racing you want every bit of advantage you can get and not having them under the same tent is one way to accomplish that. What is discussed at the truck stays at the truck. Testing, setups, etc. All remains confidential. All different ways to try and keep an edge over your rival/top competitor.

As for Pourcel and Kawasaki I understand staying loyal to a brand but you should never put all your chips in one basket in case things go South. You always keep your options open. Always! That's his own wrongdoing. He should have known better.
7/28/2018 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 7:09pm
Maybe he should have proven he could beat RV instead of blowing off teams like Motoconcepts. Surely Factory Kawasaki isn't the only team he could have reached his full potential with.

But I guess it's easier for him to cry on instagram about it nearly ten years later.

Big Pourcel fan but his post is comedy.
Tracktor
7/28/2018 5:37pm
bsharkey wrote:
Kind of disappointed at who they let race this year really not a whole lot of fast guys
We aren’t. Z had a blast. Still trying to figure out where he finished up. However, at 17 he got ride with a bunch of pro’s in fron of thousands of people on a 16 year old 125! Memories that will last forever...
mxb2
7/28/2018 7:01pm
agn5009 wrote:
So who won?
Rv, m brown, hahn.
jemcee
7/28/2018 8:57pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
I like CP......but he's on crack if he thinks RV even gave him a second thought. Christ.....he had a full blown Husky factory ride those last...
I like CP......but he's on crack if he thinks RV even gave him a second thought. Christ.....he had a full blown Husky factory ride those last couple years........what was holding him back?
I took it as a joke.. Like he was just trying some banter with RV but maybe he didn't see it or didn't pick up on it! I see RV as the sort of dude to enjoy that sorta trash talk..

Also RV would definitely have given him a second thought when that Kawasaki ride was going.. But yeah at the end notsomuch

Post a reply to: 125 Washougal race

The Latest