125 Supercross

Denn700
I have noticed that you can’t find several seasons of late 90’s and early 2000’s 125 supercross races online. Is this a licensing issue or is it just because people haven’t posted the races? The reason I am asking is because I think I have a several of these races and I may post them.
|
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
10/14/2019 1:52pm
Who has all of the master copies of all these old races and why do they not make them available for viewing?

Seriously, what good is coming out of having them locked away in a vault where no one can see them?

Fans that have uploaded old races on Youtube are a godsend but it would be nice to have higher quality versions to watch.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
10/14/2019 1:53pm
Ive noticed the same thing. 2004 comes to mind, there seems to be one guy that posted most of them and the video quality is terrible. Like you can barely make the bikes out. Frustrating, because that was an awesome season.
garagedog
Fantasy
722nd
10/14/2019 1:57pm
Sounds like we need to bring back 125cc SX so we can watch them live. Heck yah!

The Shop

RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
10/14/2019 3:33pm
SPYGUY wrote:
Who has all of the master copies of all these old races and why do they not make them available for viewing? Seriously, what good is...
Who has all of the master copies of all these old races and why do they not make them available for viewing?

Seriously, what good is coming out of having them locked away in a vault where no one can see them?

Fans that have uploaded old races on Youtube are a godsend but it would be nice to have higher quality versions to watch.
I think I heard somebody (maybe Jason Weigandt) say that it is unclear who even has the rights to those broadcasts. Feld seems to claim them, even though they didn't own the series at the time.

Not sure if there are legal disputes behind the scenes about that stuff, or just nobody even cares enough to try to resolve it.
10/14/2019 3:49pm
Youtube has been pretty garbage in dealing with "gray area" content like that honestly. I used to drop old vhs races on there but i just kept getting striked and restricted for all kinds of reasons. Which is a bummer since it would be so cool to have a giant collection of all oldschool races avaible online!

Skuzzy29
10/14/2019 3:51pm
Youtube has been pretty garbage in dealing with "gray area" content like that honestly. I used to drop old vhs races on there but i just...
Youtube has been pretty garbage in dealing with "gray area" content like that honestly. I used to drop old vhs races on there but i just kept getting striked and restricted for all kinds of reasons. Which is a bummer since it would be so cool to have a giant collection of all oldschool races avaible online!

Post them as unlisted and then share the link here so we can enjoy em!
Garage11
10/15/2019 3:50am
man there needs to be a push to do what Fox did a digitaly remaster some of those races, some of the quality is rubbish .
jeffro503
10/15/2019 8:50am
I've never understood why Feld , or anyone that may own the rights to these races now , doesn't give the fans a chance to actually purchase them? So many years and so many races just not available any where. I know they wouldn't make a boat load of money , but I'm sure it would be well worth their while......and after all these years , still nothing. Depressing.

Post a reply to: 125 Supercross

The Latest