125 Dream Race Thoughts?

WeaverMX
Edited Date/Time 8/4/2017 11:21pm
Hey, I have been watching the 125 Dream race stuff and this year it really seems to be taking off. Are the Pro Motocross guys going to make this a permanent part of the series next year?
|
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/3/2017 11:42am
DC has said a couple places he would like to see 3 regional series of 3 or 4 races.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
8/3/2017 11:45am
I think it's got a future. Would be cool if there was a way to qualify into the race.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4462nd
8/3/2017 11:49am
Love the 125 races. Hope they keep them going.

The Shop

8/3/2017 12:07pm
It's such a cool deal for the guys who get to race it. They basically get the full treatment - no entry fees, no parking fees, all access wrist bands for the rider and mechanic... Then they get to relax after their race and watch the races.

Joey Lancaster and his Wife Meagan do an incredible job with it and I'm really hoping it continues to grow!
PRM31
8/3/2017 12:19pm
Wish one was at Budds Creek this year.

On a recent podcast it, was implied they are working on having them at all nationals.
GangGreen
8/3/2017 12:23pm
WeaverMX wrote:
Hey, I have been watching the 125 Dream race stuff and this year it really seems to be taking off. Are the Pro Motocross guys going...
Hey, I have been watching the 125 Dream race stuff and this year it really seems to be taking off. Are the Pro Motocross guys going to make this a permanent part of the series next year?
You'd see 125cc racing at every round if MX Sports got rid of the ridiculously outdated "Double Displacement Rule" in Professional Racing. The "Double Displacement Rule" should have been constantly revised as four-stroke development occurred. The AMA openly states that it's DMG/ MX Sports that keeps the rule in Professional Racing
Slightly off topic, but some losers were complaining that the Cody Gragg 2 Stroke Memorial purse was too high and it should be given to the privateers racing the National.

TJMX947
8/3/2017 12:31pm
Love it. Wish there was a way for the local guys to get to qualify...Rick Melon style.
305FC250
8/3/2017 12:36pm
I find it more entertaining than most of the 250/450 pro races. Would love to see it grow. Regional races like mentioned above would be amazing.
tcallahan707
8/3/2017 12:38pm
It's such a cool deal for the guys who get to race it. They basically get the full treatment - no entry fees, no parking fees...
It's such a cool deal for the guys who get to race it. They basically get the full treatment - no entry fees, no parking fees, all access wrist bands for the rider and mechanic... Then they get to relax after their race and watch the races.

Joey Lancaster and his Wife Meagan do an incredible job with it and I'm really hoping it continues to grow!
It was a no brainer when choosing between riding the national and riding the 125 race. Looking forward to next year!
Gooose
8/3/2017 12:43pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 12:44pm
http://www.125dreamrace.com/details/

There's always this race where I'd imagine you win the master class or do well and would get an invite to race the 18 Nat race.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
8/3/2017 4:15pm
early wrote:
DC has said a couple places he would like to see 3 regional series of 3 or 4 races.
I've mentioned this a few times when the discussion of 125s and pro racing has come up. 3 regional series would be a great addition to the series and complement the ax tour as well as a pro am class
TXDirt
8/3/2017 4:25pm
WeaverMX wrote:
Hey, I have been watching the 125 Dream race stuff and this year it really seems to be taking off. Are the Pro Motocross guys going...
GangGreen wrote:
You'd see 125cc racing at every round if MX Sports got rid of the [b]ridiculously outdated [/b]"Double Displacement Rule" in Professional Racing. The "Double Displacement Rule"...
You'd see 125cc racing at every round if MX Sports got rid of the ridiculously outdated "Double Displacement Rule" in Professional Racing. The "Double Displacement Rule" should have been constantly revised as four-stroke development occurred. The AMA openly states that it's DMG/ MX Sports that keeps the rule in Professional Racing
Slightly off topic, but some losers were complaining that the Cody Gragg 2 Stroke Memorial purse was too high and it should be given to the privateers racing the National.

Ummm

MxSports OWNS the AMA Pro Racing sanctioning body.
doofy
8/3/2017 5:20pm
MX SPORTS IS DONE FOR! THERES A DRUG RING
cjmx
Fantasy
1179th
8/3/2017 5:54pm
doofy wrote:
MX SPORTS IS DONE FOR! THERES A DRUG RING
So good!!'
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
8/3/2017 6:11pm
It's such a cool deal for the guys who get to race it. They basically get the full treatment - no entry fees, no parking fees...

It was a no brainer when choosing between riding the national and riding the 125 race. Looking forward to next year!
What a novel concept, not charging the entertainment for providing the entertainment...they should try that for all the privateer guys in the 250 and 450 classes!
tcallahan707
8/3/2017 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 10:52pm

yak651 wrote:
What a novel concept, not charging the entertainment for providing the entertainment...they should try that for all the privateer guys in the 250 and 450 classes!
Right. It dawned on me the morning of the race that we get hooked up to go play on 125s while the real show has to pay to play. It's a joke. It'd seriously be a game changer for many of the privateers. You're talking $4k in just entries, license, and mechanic's pass to run the nationals. Think that'd help buy a practice bike or a motor or suspension or a trainer or travel or food or hotels or health insurance premiums or copays or full time mechanic or you get the point. In the long run, it would close the gap and literally make the racing that much better.

MX Sports is making some seriously cash off this setup.

Let's see...
$4k x 65 riders x 12 rounds =
usp4u
8/3/2017 10:10pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/03/207919/s1200_IMG_1830.jpg[/img] I dont know, but chicks dig 2 strokes.

I dont know, but chicks dig 2 strokes.
We've known that for 20 years.
It's these young bucks with the foopers that keep getting "confused"
IceMan446
8/3/2017 10:24pm
early wrote:
I've mentioned this a few times when the discussion of 125s and pro racing has come up. 3 regional series would be a great addition to...
I've mentioned this a few times when the discussion of 125s and pro racing has come up. 3 regional series would be a great addition to the series and complement the ax tour as well as a pro am class
Sounds like one at every national could be in the works.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/3/2017 10:46pm
Right. It dawned on me the morning of the race that we get hooked up to go play on 125s while the real show has to...
Right. It dawned on me the morning of the race that we get hooked up to go play on 125s while the real show has to pay to play. It's a joke. It'd seriously be a game changer for many of the privateers. You're talking $4k in just entries, license, and mechanic's pass to run the nationals. Think that'd help buy a practice bike or a motor or suspension or a trainer or travel or food or hotels or health insurance premiums or copays or full time mechanic or you get the point. In the long run, it would close the gap and literally make the racing that much better.

Let's see...
So if that's what MX sports is taking in then tell us what their overhead is and what they are paying out and what their net profit is.
tcallahan707
8/3/2017 11:00pm Edited Date/Time 8/3/2017 11:03pm
Right. It dawned on me the morning of the race that we get hooked up to go play on 125s while the real show has to...

Let's see...
lostboy819 wrote:
So if that's what MX sports is taking in then tell us what their overhead is and what they are paying out and what their net...
So if that's what MX sports is taking in then tell us what their overhead is and what they are paying out and what their net profit is.
Not sure why you gotta be a prick. I am pointing out how much money they make off just off the talent showing up to provide the show. I may not know the rest of their financial situation but it doesn't make me wrong. They are making serious money off the riders.

Now imagine if riders 20-40 had $4k to put into their program. I bet after some time, many more stay on the lead lap. More guys on the lead lap means more guys closer together which means more battles and better racing. The result? A better product for MX Sports. Bigger TV deals. Bigger sponsorships. More money. More teams.

We need a rider's union.
mx216
8/3/2017 11:08pm
Not sure why you gotta be a prick. I am pointing out how much money they make off just off the talent showing up to provide...
Not sure why you gotta be a prick. I am pointing out how much money they make off just off the talent showing up to provide the show. I may not know the rest of their financial situation but it doesn't make me wrong. They are making serious money off the riders.

Now imagine if riders 20-40 had $4k to put into their program. I bet after some time, many more stay on the lead lap. More guys on the lead lap means more guys closer together which means more battles and better racing. The result? A better product for MX Sports. Bigger TV deals. Bigger sponsorships. More money. More teams.

We need a rider's union.
They do have overhead i agree with. But hes a dick quite often, id just ignore him....
GangGreen
8/4/2017 7:41am
WeaverMX wrote:
TXDirt wrote: "Ummm, MxSports OWNS the AMA Pro Racing sanctioning body"

I'm not really sure how it works, who owns who, and don't wish to argue. I agree they are in collusion, but we don't want this to get deleted by the moderator. I'm pretty sure that Equal Displacement Racing is permitted in all forms of AMA racing except Professional Motocross. My question to the AMA was why 250cc two-strokes couldn't race the 250cc class? Here's their official response.........

Stuntman949
8/4/2017 8:41am
GangGreen wrote:
TXDirt wrote: "Ummm, MxSports OWNS the AMA Pro Racing sanctioning body" [b]I'm not really sure how it works, who owns who, and don't wish to argue...
TXDirt wrote: "Ummm, MxSports OWNS the AMA Pro Racing sanctioning body"

I'm not really sure how it works, who owns who, and don't wish to argue. I agree they are in collusion, but we don't want this to get deleted by the moderator. I'm pretty sure that Equal Displacement Racing is permitted in all forms of AMA racing except Professional Motocross. My question to the AMA was why 250cc two-strokes couldn't race the 250cc class? Here's their official response.........

*Mic drop
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/4/2017 8:59am

Let's see...
lostboy819 wrote:
So if that's what MX sports is taking in then tell us what their overhead is and what they are paying out and what their net...
Not sure why you gotta be a prick. I am pointing out how much money they make off just off the talent showing up to provide...

We need a rider's union.
The only correct line in your statement is that I am a prick but the rest of your post is total bullshit!
Tell you what, why don't YOU start a riders union and show us how its done. Put your money where your mouth is.

tcallahan707
8/4/2017 9:09am
lostboy819 wrote:

We need a rider's union.
lostboy819 wrote:
The only correct line in your statement is that I am a prick but the rest of your post is total bullshit! Tell you what, why...
The only correct line in your statement is that I am a prick but the rest of your post is total bullshit!
Tell you what, why don't YOU start a riders union and show us how its done. Put your money where your mouth is.

Very insightful post.

I'm curious who your paycheck is signed by. MX Sports or Feld?
Tracktor
8/4/2017 3:07pm
Joey and team (motothe nw.com) have brought it from a novelty race that was an offshoot of a local race day to a full dedicated race day for two-strokes to a intermission race an the nationals in just 6 years. By that trajectory maybe he should be running pro MX/SX?....

You do need to distinguish the 125 Dream Race event in September at Washougal from the FMF Triple Crown that runs during nationals. While related and same promoter they are tow different events........
FI2T
8/4/2017 4:14pm
GangGreen wrote:
You'd see 125cc racing at every round if MX Sports got rid of the [b]ridiculously outdated [/b]"Double Displacement Rule" in Professional Racing. The "Double Displacement Rule"...

Hard to believe people could complain about a memorial race purse.
Barrzy256
8/4/2017 4:17pm
You know what should really happen, is the AMA/MX sports take a leaf out of the MXGP scene. Where the 125 class, and other youth classes, are used for young up and coming riders, where they get to have the GP 'experience' and know what to expect in the future, whilst also allowing the pro teams etc a chance to watch these riders.
oshow
8/4/2017 5:55pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/08/03/207919/s1200_IMG_1830.jpg[/img] I dont know, but chicks dig 2 strokes.

I dont know, but chicks dig 2 strokes.
And I dig chicks.

Post a reply to: 125 Dream Race Thoughts?

The Latest