Two Stroke Race MEDIA BLACKOUT

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/21/2018 11:39am
Matthes wrote:
Shit, busted. Yes, all media came together and decided we would not give the 125 race any coverage and therefore the evil OEM's would end up...
Shit, busted. Yes, all media came together and decided we would not give the 125 race any coverage and therefore the evil OEM's would end up lining our pockets. I for one didn't think anyone would ever figure it out.

P.S- GuyB was our leader.
I’m kicking you in the shins when I see you this week. That was supposed to be our secret.

blackdiamond
5/21/2018 11:44am
jeffro503 wrote:
What's funny is......when they used to race the WMX rounds at the select rounds , you could see highlight's and results pretty easily. Probably because Honda...
What's funny is......when they used to race the WMX rounds at the select rounds , you could see highlight's and results pretty easily. Probably because Honda , Kawasaki and Suzuki could actually field bikes in the race. They don't have any newer models for the 125 class , so they can't sell them , Hence the reason they probably don't like having the 125 class around at all. People see Husky's , KTM's , Yamaha's and maybe some TM's out there winning.....leaves them in the cold , and it does hurt their bottom line.

There just so happens to be a very large 2 stroke movement going on in this sport , and you can see it every time you visit a track. There are more and more every single year , and if if Honda , Kawasaki and Suzuki want to bury their head's in the sand , then so be it.

What's also funny is.......is how the GP's actually have this class figured out , and WHY it's important! They don't treat it as some circus side show. And I'll bet anyone that Manufacture's like Husky , KTM and Yamaha would love to actually have the US nationals take it serious....like the GP's.

You can mock it , make fun of it , and call it a conspiracy theory all you want to......but you have to have your head buried pretty deep in the sand to NOT see what's happening in the GP's with this class.
I agree 100%
HuskyEd
5/21/2018 11:47am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 11:48am
Has anyone posted a complete final finishing order listing all the riders? I'm really kinda curious as to who all raced this race.

Edit: Great post jeffro!
5/21/2018 11:47am
jeffro503 wrote:
**Sigh** Mean while in Europe , this class is taken serious , with points and a championship at the end. Maybe the people here claiming (...
**Sigh**

Mean while in Europe , this class is taken serious , with points and a championship at the end. Maybe the people here claiming ( or saying ) it's not important , who cares , it's a side show......Why don't you ask the teams , racer's , mxgp.com , and all the fan's.......if they take it serious? Paul Malin cover's both moto's , just like he does in the MX2 and MXGP. As far as that goes.....why doesn't someone ask Paul if he thinks that class is a joke? Ask Paul why he think's that class is important? I'll bet he comes back with the same answer myself and many other's on here have been saying for years.

The typical moto head here in the states........ The whole bro'd out , monster drinks , lifted 2 wheel drive truck while sporting major tat crowd.......think it's a joke. Being " core " has nothing to do with it! It has to do with , that the GP's have it figured out.....that's where the star's of tomorrow will come from!
I agree completely Jeffro, but that's a completely different issue than there being some conspiracy to not cover the exhibition race. Which IMO, is a completely idiotic theory.

The Shop

5/21/2018 11:48am
jeffro503 wrote:
**Sigh** Mean while in Europe , this class is taken serious , with points and a championship at the end. Maybe the people here claiming (...
**Sigh**

Mean while in Europe , this class is taken serious , with points and a championship at the end. Maybe the people here claiming ( or saying ) it's not important , who cares , it's a side show......Why don't you ask the teams , racer's , mxgp.com , and all the fan's.......if they take it serious? Paul Malin cover's both moto's , just like he does in the MX2 and MXGP. As far as that goes.....why doesn't someone ask Paul if he thinks that class is a joke? Ask Paul why he think's that class is important? I'll bet he comes back with the same answer myself and many other's on here have been saying for years.

The typical moto head here in the states........ The whole bro'd out , monster drinks , lifted 2 wheel drive truck while sporting major tat crowd.......think it's a joke. Being " core " has nothing to do with it! It has to do with , that the GP's have it figured out.....that's where the star's of tomorrow will come from!
Part is format; MXGP is 2 day format with enough time to wedge it all in. For us, we're a 1 day format with a tight window for TV. Any delay or hiccups jeopardizes that.

Other part is like anything else, manufacturer support. We have too much $$$ wrapped up in amateurs, for good or for bad, and with no emphasis on development at a national type event rather than the sprint races at the amateur nationals and Loretta's where they actually ride full length motos.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/21/2018 11:51am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 11:56am
FI2T wrote:
Serious question to DC, guyb, Ml512 and Mathes... What do you guys see coming from these 125 races? How about a little write up and some...
Serious question to DC, guyb, Ml512 and Mathes... What do you guys see coming from these 125 races?

How about a little write up and some Results for next round? I get the vids taking a couple days. Hopefully this can turn into something Great!
What do I see? Lots of smiles and good vibes.

Also a lot of overexcited 50-plus-year-olds hyperventilating trying to snort at much two-stroke scent as possible.

Okay, the second one was a half-hearted attempt at humor. Wink

In my opinion, bringing back 125 two-strokes could be the smartest thing the manufacturers could do to add some more fun to a sport that could sorely use some.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I’ll have more photos of that race in Pit Bits today. As I also mentioned, I couldn’t get a combined overall result sheet for the 250 and 450 classes (we had to figure them out from the points sheets), so getting 125 results was even less likely.

One other thing to note for future races is that while the race does have a time slot on the schedule, when it actually happens is right after the second LCQ finishes...no matter what time that happens to be. I was finishing lunch in the trailer when I heard them leave the line...early.
blackdiamond
5/21/2018 12:20pm
Matthes wrote:
Shit, busted. Yes, all media came together and decided we would not give the 125 race any coverage and therefore the evil OEM's would end up...
Shit, busted. Yes, all media came together and decided we would not give the 125 race any coverage and therefore the evil OEM's would end up lining our pockets. I for one didn't think anyone would ever figure it out.

I wasn't implying there was any type of conspiracy theory.

What I was trying to point out is that MX Sports, the AMA, some of the OEM's and apparently some in the media are completely clueless as to what a large portion of the fans want to see and are interested in (and willing to spend money on)
4rings
5/21/2018 12:39pm
"Easier to find media coverage of an underwater basket weaving tournament in Zimbabwe."

Lmfao!
dkg
5/21/2018 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 5:51pm
So we should be OK waiting "a day or two" for results of a national event? I can get live streaming results from a LL regional...
So we should be OK waiting "a day or two" for results of a national event?

I can get live streaming results from a LL regional qualifier.

Get it?
In short, YES. But consider, the 125 race was not a national event, it was an exhibition race. You know, one of those things that is supposed to be fun and is until all the bitching starts. So let see, those involved in reporting all of this have to finish the days events and all that involves, report on the actual National Events, fix Glen Helen, travel between the two, etc. Is it really that unrealistic that maybe the 125 exhibition race isn't on the top of the list? Even considering all of that, the recap is posted within 48 hours.

As for LL the entire media coverage is produced differently than Hangtown. (BTW, You get that great LL coverage up to the minute from the same group you so happily slam in your opening post,)

I get it, you want it and you want it now. Most of us have that preference. When it doesn't work out that way, one option is to come up with some theory as to how and why you are getting screwed, another option is to exercise reasonable patience.

It makes me curious, if this was such an important event in your life, why didn't you take the 7 hour drive north and watch it in person?

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/21/2018 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 1:15pm
Here's whats on the Homepages:

VITAL-
125 bliss - ryan villopoto
social scoop
vid - gautier Paulin mxgp Germany
view from the infield - asserting dominance (picture gallery)
new ktms
hangtown race highlights
mxgp Germany race highlights
mxgp Germany results sheet
Justin Barcia vid
Zach Osborne vid
hangtown results sheet
mxgp Germany race highlights
vid - ben Watson mxgp Germany
vital links - hangotwn and mxgp Germany

TWMX-
Top racers talk about their weekend
Hangtown race gallery
mxgp of Germany gopro
mxgp of Germany race highlights and report
new ktm motorcycles
race faces on the line
recap of hangown
mxgp of Germany qual. report
hangtown results
hangtown qual. results
new look for geico Honda

MXA-
rem glen helen race report
new ktms
rem glen helen camping
mxgp Germany mxgp results
mxgp Germany mx2 results
hangtown 450 results
hangtown 450 results
hangtown national 125 all stars (pics)
mxgp of Germany qual results
hangtown 450 qual results

RACERX-
features-
the bikes of the 125 all star race at hangtown (vid - pingree gives a rundown of a few of the bikes)
between the motos, ken roczen and chase sexton
5 things we learned at the mxgp of Germany
news-
Austin forkner suffers rib injury at hangtown
hx of 22 motorsports
impressive save
125 bliss w/ ryan villopoto
racerx hiring a sales mgr
new ktms
hangtown highlights
mxgp Germany highlights
mxgp Germany watch
mxgp Germany results
videos-
hangown 125 all star race
hangtown press day
jake masterpool helmet cam

Okay, from the current homepages, it looks like RacerX was the only one. They posted 2 segments related to the 125 race (no results). RacerX and Vital also posted vid of RV on the 125.

(Fwiw, Vital had the absolute best Hangtown gallery - View From the Field)

Matthes
5/21/2018 1:13pm
Matthes wrote:

I wasn't implying there was any type of conspiracy theory. What I was trying to point out is that MX Sports, the AMA, some of the...

What I was trying to point out is that MX Sports, the AMA, some of the OEM's and apparently some in the media are completely clueless as to what a large portion of the fans want to see and are interested in (and willing to spend money on)
Yes you were implying exactly that with this lead...

"Has anyone noticed it is easier to find a video or general media coverage of an underwater basket weaving tournament in Zimbabwe than the 125 two stroke race that took place at Hangtown this weekend?

In 2018, is anyone fool enough to think this is an accident?"

Myke
Fantasy
2887th
5/21/2018 1:26pm
I personally think just the video of RV racing is a huge draw. Someone should have done a video of his whole race day.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
5/21/2018 1:30pm
Matthes wrote:
Yes you were implying exactly that with this lead... "Has anyone noticed it is easier to find a video or general media coverage of an underwater...

"Has anyone noticed it is easier to find a video or general media coverage of an underwater basket weaving tournament in Zimbabwe than the 125 two stroke race that took place at Hangtown this weekend?

Well, it was odd. I think we knew it may take a little extra time to get the results, but it was weird that there was absolutely no coverage or news, period for at least 24 hrs.
blackdiamond
5/21/2018 1:32pm
Matthes wrote:

I wasn't implying there was any type of conspiracy theory. What I was trying to point out is that MX Sports, the AMA, some of the...

Matthes wrote:
Yes you were implying exactly that with this lead... "Has anyone noticed it is easier to find a video or general media coverage of an underwater...

This is coming from a guy that loves two strokes so much he used to call Gared Steinke a "lobster claw sideshow" when he showed up at the nationals.

Love your show by the way, I listen every week.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1116th
5/21/2018 1:43pm
When the WMX races were held during the nationals, were they treated the same way?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/21/2018 1:46pm
mxrose3 wrote:
When the WMX races were held during the nationals, were they treated the same way?
That was a professional national championship, not an exhibition race that’s schedule durin the day is a moving target.
mxrose3
Fantasy
1116th
5/21/2018 1:52pm
ML512 wrote:
That was a professional national championship, not an exhibition race that’s schedule durin the day is a moving target.
Ok I get it Michael. Just throwing that out there for conversation and trying to give my $.02 Wink
Jrewing
5/21/2018 2:54pm
Matthes wrote:

Thank you Steve. Have you got an address for this leader? Some friends with pitchforks and torches are itching
Jrewing
5/21/2018 3:01pm
FI2T wrote:
Serious question to DC, guyb, Ml512 and Mathes... What do you guys see coming from these 125 races? How about a little write up and some...
Serious question to DC, guyb, Ml512 and Mathes... What do you guys see coming from these 125 races?

How about a little write up and some Results for next round? I get the vids taking a couple days. Hopefully this can turn into something Great!
GuyB wrote:
What do I see? Lots of smiles and good vibes. Also a lot of overexcited 50-plus-year-olds hyperventilating trying to snort at much two-stroke scent as possible...
What do I see? Lots of smiles and good vibes.

Also a lot of overexcited 50-plus-year-olds hyperventilating trying to snort at much two-stroke scent as possible.

Okay, the second one was a half-hearted attempt at humor. Wink

In my opinion, bringing back 125 two-strokes could be the smartest thing the manufacturers could do to add some more fun to a sport that could sorely use some.

Like I mentioned in another thread, I’ll have more photos of that race in Pit Bits today. As I also mentioned, I couldn’t get a combined overall result sheet for the 250 and 450 classes (we had to figure them out from the points sheets), so getting 125 results was even less likely.

One other thing to note for future races is that while the race does have a time slot on the schedule, when it actually happens is right after the second LCQ finishes...no matter what time that happens to be. I was finishing lunch in the trailer when I heard them leave the line...early.
Hey I'm no where near fifty!

I'd like to see a championship status 125cc event happen well before an electric bike event
Gukamonster
5/21/2018 3:06pm
After reading this thread, it is definitely media incompetence that is the reason there is no 125 results here at 5pm on a Monday. About 54 hours after the checkered flag.

It's slightly amusing that Matthes, DC, the Vital guys and others have the time to post multiple condescending, snarky responses on here about it. But, tracking down those elusive results by Monday evening?

People are interested in your content and want to know the results. Maybe do your jobs better?

And really, you couldn't find the overalls. I found them 5 minutes for both classes after the motos ended on Saturday here:

250 Overall:
http://americanmotocrossresults.com/xml/MX/events/M1805/M2F2POINTSPOSIT…

450 Overall:
http://americanmotocrossresults.com/xml/MX/events/M1805/M1F2POINTSPOSIT…
Matt Wozney
5/21/2018 3:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 3:18pm
blackdiamond.....Let's see you shoot and produce the video you saw that Kyle / Racer X did. Well put together for a short race and 1 guy running around Hangtown worrying about getting everything and having 3 GoPros running at the same time. And on top of it, get it done by Monday. Not easy to do. And how much did you pay to see that video? 1 click.

If any of the mags / sites need a guy to do video of the 2 stroke races at the nationals, I'm available and have done a few.......
5/21/2018 3:25pm
blackdiamond.....Let's see you shoot and produce the video you saw that Kyle / Racer X did. Well put together for a short race and 1 guy...
blackdiamond.....Let's see you shoot and produce the video you saw that Kyle / Racer X did. Well put together for a short race and 1 guy running around Hangtown worrying about getting everything and having 3 GoPros running at the same time. And on top of it, get it done by Monday. Not easy to do. And how much did you pay to see that video? 1 click.

If any of the mags / sites need a guy to do video of the 2 stroke races at the nationals, I'm available and have done a few.......
Yeah and not to mention any other responsibilities they might have regarding the real races happening that day.

I love the 125 races but some of these people need to chill out
5/21/2018 4:15pm
newmann wrote:
"Just be glad you don't have to wait 6 months to see Carlsbad on CBS"

Can't believe no one has used that one yet.
You know why know one has used it yet? It was on ABC Wide World Of Sports. LOL SmileSmile
tempura
5/21/2018 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 4:40pm
It’s not about covering what people want to see. It’s about promoting the 4 strokes and selling them.
That’s the whole point of the races, and how the media makes their salary.
I’ve said it before, the media are nothing but “middle men” following the money, that’s the truth.
People fail to realize, they all rely on YOUR money. Without your money their jobs can’t exist.
If you don’t like what they are doing, don’t pay them!!

Post a reply to: Two Stroke Race MEDIA BLACKOUT

The Latest