Two Stroke Race MEDIA BLACKOUT

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2018 6:17 AM

"Just be glad you don't have to wait 6 months to see Carlsbad on CBS"

Can't believe no one has used that one yet.

|

5/21/2018 6:18 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

LOL

Yeah a lot of us on Vital are into the 125s but unfortunately every day fans probably don't care. I know people who catch ...more

blackdiamond wrote:

So you think the "masses" would unanimously rather watch 450cc lawnmower racing than the 125's? It's like watching paint dry ...more

jorgechavez wrote:

Yes I think most motocross fans would rather watch the worlds best riders race against each other for 30 + 2 x 2 than watch 3 ...more

Bingo,. 35 minutes of factory 450 vs 4 lap 125 race, with 5 known riders.

|

5/21/2018 6:23 AM

aeffertz wrote:

Contracts and being paid to work.

Camera and announcing crew aren't going to work for free (rightfully so). I'm assuming ...more

Run it without coverage to get people pumped up? Holy hell, that's some funny stuff. Guessing none of that equipment was set up and none of those employees were there prior to the start of the first motos? 4 laps, that would be a tough one to cover in 2018.laughing

|

5/21/2018 6:25 AM

blackdiamond wrote:

So you think the "masses" would unanimously rather watch 450cc lawnmower racing than the 125's? It's like watching paint dry ...more

jorgechavez wrote:

Yes I think most motocross fans would rather watch the worlds best riders race against each other for 30 + 2 x 2 than watch 3 ...more

mxb2 wrote:

What kind of talent would you expect to foot the bill to show up for a 4 lap exhibition race?

|

5/21/2018 6:27 AM

Heck I was in the pits talking, I completely missed the race...lil buggers are kinda quiet. laughing

|

5/21/2018 6:28 AM

The outdoors are slowly dieing it seems. The 125 series is something that can pump new life back into the series. I hope that mx sports has the vision to get on board with the 125 class for the whole future.

|

5/21/2018 6:28 AM

newmann wrote:

Run it without coverage to get people pumped up? Holy hell, that's some funny stuff. Guessing none of that equipment was set ...more

That sounds to simple.. I'm not use to seeing the voice of reason on Vital.. cool

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

5/21/2018 6:30 AM

blackdiamond wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

I´d love to watch both.

I dont understand how anyone would think Hangtown was dull. Both classes were filled with great battles in both motos!

|

5/21/2018 6:30 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

newmann wrote:

What kind of talent would you expect to foot the bill to show up for a 4 lap exhibition race?

I go to the nationals to watch the best riders and trick bikes, the 125 race is a bonus. I can see 90% of the 125 riders at my local track.

|

5/21/2018 6:32 AM

ML512 wrote:

Heck I was in the pits talking, I completely missed the race...lil buggers are kinda quiet. laughing

laughing laughing laughing laughing
|

5/21/2018 6:32 AM

It's an exhibition, a sideshow, a clown show... I rode the Glenn Helen one a few years ago and never saw a results sheet anywhere. Don't even know where I finished, it was just for fun and nobody takes it seriously except the young amateur kids and Vital.

|

5/21/2018 6:37 AM

slipdog wrote:

It's an exhibition, a sideshow, a clown show... I rode the Glenn Helen one a few years ago and never saw a results sheet ...more

Be careful. Lol.

|

5/21/2018 6:47 AM

ML512 wrote:

grin grin grin

RacerX had a 60 sec teaser up this weekend & said they'd have the full video out this week. Probably today if I had to guess! wassat
|

5/21/2018 7:14 AM

Obviously some 2t animosity from some of the posters on here. I think the OP was a little edgey, but it is kind of odd with the lack that of coverage, considering there was a measure of promotion for it.

|

5/21/2018 8:01 AM

burn1986 wrote:

Obviously some 2t animosity from some of the posters on here. I think the OP was a little edgey, but it is kind of odd with ...more

Media groups are doing their job and covering the professional classes that the majority of viewers care about, after that works is complete you'll see stuff trickle out from the exhibition race. Racer X just posted their video.

For the ones calling for a highlights after the race, their video guy doesn't have two hours to download, edit, export and reupload that footage when there are four pro motos following it that are the main reason we're all there.

|

5/21/2018 8:34 AM

GuyB wrote:

Who doesn’t love a good conspiracy theory? Oh wait, this one isn’t so good. I was going to include photos of it In Pit Bits ...more

...and you were standing on the other side of the fence next to me in industry seating area. I almost yelled hi! ...lol

|

5/21/2018 8:50 AM

ML512 wrote:

Media groups are doing their job and covering the professional classes that the majority of viewers care about, after that ...more

I'm with you on this ML512. It's pretty crazy to see how much the media groups have to cover on race days. I definitely appreciate the content as much as anybody but I'm sure those guys were probably having to scramble to get ready for the next pro moto as well. I've worked with RacerTV for the last couple years and it's not easy having to always be on the move with not much time in between motos. It takes a lot of time to have to drop footage and put something together for the pro motos alone. For the 125 races I would be willing to help out with video coverage at some of the Nationals if MX Sports needed it.

|

5/21/2018 8:56 AM

Skuzzy29 wrote:

...and you were standing on the other side of the fence next to me in industry seating area. I almost yelled hi! ...lol

You should have!

|

5/21/2018 9:26 AM

What's funny is......when they used to race the WMX rounds at the select rounds , you could see highlight's and results pretty easily. Probably because Honda , Kawasaki and Suzuki could actually field bikes in the race. They don't have any newer models for the 125 class , so they can't sell them , Hence the reason they probably don't like having the 125 class around at all. People see Husky's , KTM's , Yamaha's and maybe some TM's out there winning.....leaves them in the cold , and it does hurt their bottom line.

There just so happens to be a very large 2 stroke movement going on in this sport , and you can see it every time you visit a track. There are more and more every single year , and if if Honda , Kawasaki and Suzuki want to bury their head's in the sand , then so be it.

What's also funny is.......is how the GP's actually have this class figured out , and WHY it's important! They don't treat it as some circus side show. And I'll bet anyone that Manufacture's like Husky , KTM and Yamaha would love to actually have the US nationals take it serious....like the GP's.

You can mock it , make fun of it , and call it a conspiracy theory all you want to......but you have to have your head buried pretty deep in the sand to NOT see what's happening in the GP's with this class.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/21/2018 9:30 AM

One more thing.......I also think that is Husky , KTM and Yamaha were to put some money into this class , and help pay to get it aired , it would help. I'll also bet that the other 3 manufacture's would be kicking and screaming as well.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

5/21/2018 9:38 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

What's funny is......when they used to race the WMX rounds at the select rounds , you could see highlight's and results pretty ...more

Preach it Jeffro.

|

5/21/2018 9:47 AM

slipdog wrote:

It's an exhibition, a sideshow, a clown show... I rode the Glenn Helen one a few years ago and never saw a results sheet ...more

This guy gets it.

|

5/21/2018 9:52 AM

Shit, busted. Yes, all media came together and decided we would not give the 125 race any coverage and therefore the evil OEM's would end up lining our pockets. I for one didn't think anyone would ever figure it out.

P.S- GuyB was our leader.

|

Mathis is getting weeded out of the pro pits one team at a time he and his almighty will be outsiders soon.

5/21/2018 9:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/21/2018 9:57 AM

There’s no doubt a problem with media coverage these days, especially in the US. But, to just have a results list or something would be cool. I’m not sure how much media would be taken up by asking “Hey, do y’all have a results list?” Was this posted anywhere, cause I may have missed it? I just didn’t see it anywhere.

|

5/21/2018 10:02 AM

Hey in this day of everyone having a giant high def TV at home, you have to sell tickets for the track and promoter some how.

|

5/21/2018 10:33 AM

I don't understand what is the issue with the full results being posted. I saw on twitter a shot of the full 125 results, when I went back to see the 6th place through whatever, it was gone. Still no results?

I understand the media types being super busy that day, but there are no aspiring moto journalists at the race that could not log things and make a report out to peddle to the media. It might have been a way to get a foot in the door.

There's a bunch of us older types that raced 125's for years, and were following this race to see the ex pros and where they finished.

I understand this was just an exhibited race, but come on........

|

5/21/2018 11:08 AM

I bet if ktm/husky thru some money at it, it would benefit. Yam needs an actual new model. Its possible that's what yam is doing with villo, time will tell.

|

5/21/2018 11:15 AM

12-15 years ago: Yay, no more 125s! Fast 250Fs braaaaaaaap.

Now: HOW DARE THEY NOT TELEVISE A 4 LAP RACE WITH 125s AND AN AMATEUR RIDER WINNING BRRRRRRRRRAP.

|

5/21/2018 11:21 AM

miketherider wrote:

12-15 years ago: Yay, no more 125s! Fast 250Fs braaaaaaaap.

Now: HOW DARE THEY NOT TELEVISE A 4 LAP RACE WITH 125s AND AN ...more

More like, "damn, the AMA just made the 125 obsofuckinglete with the stroke of a pen". Or as Mitch Payton put it, "unfortunate".

|

5/21/2018 11:32 AM

**Sigh**

Mean while in Europe , this class is taken serious , with points and a championship at the end. Maybe the people here claiming ( or saying ) it's not important , who cares , it's a side show......Why don't you ask the teams , racer's , mxgp.com , and all the fan's.......if they take it serious? Paul Malin cover's both moto's , just like he does in the MX2 and MXGP. As far as that goes.....why doesn't someone ask Paul if he thinks that class is a joke? Ask Paul why he think's that class is important? I'll bet he comes back with the same answer myself and many other's on here have been saying for years.

The typical moto head here in the states........ The whole bro'd out , monster drinks , lifted 2 wheel drive truck while sporting major tat crowd.......think it's a joke. Being " core " has nothing to do with it! It has to do with , that the GP's have it figured out.....that's where the star's of tomorrow will come from!

|