Two Stroke Race MEDIA BLACKOUT

blackdiamond
Edited Date/Time 5/28/2018 6:16am
Has anyone noticed it is easier to find a video or general media coverage of an underwater basket weaving tournament in Zimbabwe than the 125 two stroke race that took place at Hangtown this weekend?

In 2018, is anyone fool enough to think this is an accident?

Over the weekend, 1000's of people have been looking, searching and asking why they can't find coverage of the 125 two stroke race or even simply find out the results and who won? How is it possible that this race coverage is so unavailable? When a local REM vet race at Glen Helen uses digital transponders to report the results, somehow a regional 125 series on a national track run by the premier sanctioning body in the world does not?

Anyone with half a brain would assume this is not an accident.

Are the promoters and sanctioning bodies of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series really that incompetent and out of touch with the sport and the fan base? If so, why the fuck are they in charge? (outside of the obvious reason, MONEY)

The real question at hand is this: Is the AMA, MX Sports, Lucas Oil Motocross and others involved in the motocross cash machine willing to ride the four stroke gravy train into the ground like a lawn dart in the name of corporate profits?

If so, at what point do the racers, aftermarket and industry sponsors that foot the bill to go racing pull the rip cord and look at other options before it's too late?
|
rongi#401
5/20/2018 11:07pm
You have some valid points.

I think it's a mix of that, and they want to save the highlights for next week's show? Still doesn't make sense...

And im sure people with GoPro footage (I counted 6 gopros in this video worn) are getting home and editing their race and you'll see some within the next day or two
https://youtu.be/h2jELo5tjBs

https://youtu.be/0LQjTVscAZs
aeffertz
5/20/2018 11:31pm
Contracts and being paid to work.

Camera and announcing crew aren't going to work for free (rightfully so). I'm assuming they'll run this year without coverage, recognize the want for viewership and include it in next year if people are still pumped about the 125s. I wish we had race coverage the day of but I also don't expect this entire team to work for free.
5/20/2018 11:43pm
LOL

Yeah a lot of us on Vital are into the 125s but unfortunately every day fans probably don't care. I know people who catch the motos when they can, and are more than aware of the 125 races but frankly couldn't care less to go out of their way to watch it.

They're showing content of what the masses want to see, I think you might be inhaling too much premix if you think it's some kind of massive conspiracy to not give them coverage.
Dougy1
5/20/2018 11:48pm
I couldn't even find the results other Villopoto got 2nd

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
5/20/2018 11:50pm
There's this thing called Instagram. Yall should really check it out
FI2T
5/21/2018 12:17am
Has anyone noticed it is easier to find a video or general media coverage of an underwater basket weaving tournament in Zimbabwe than the 125 two...
Has anyone noticed it is easier to find a video or general media coverage of an underwater basket weaving tournament in Zimbabwe than the 125 two stroke race that took place at Hangtown this weekend?

Over the weekend, 1000's of people have been looking, searching and asking why they can't find coverage of the 125 two stroke race or even simply find out the results and who won? How is it possible that this race coverage is so unavailable? When a local REM vet race at Glen Helen uses digital transponders to report the results, somehow a regional 125 series on a national track run by the premier sanctioning body in the world does not?

Are the promoters and sanctioning bodies of the Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series really that incompetent and out of touch with the sport and the fan base? If so, why the fuck are they in charge? (outside of the obvious reason, MONEY)

The real question at hand is this: Is the AMA, MX Sports, Lucas Oil Motocross and others involved in the motocross cash machine willing to ride the four stroke gravy train into the ground like a lawn dart in the name of corporate profits?

If so, at what point do the racers, aftermarket and industry sponsors that foot the bill to go racing pull the rip cord and look at other options before it's too late?
I agree 100%! It is unreal to me that not one media outlet bothered to report on this. It would take one person to give a general race report. It could be something simple like RV got a bad start and was coming but ran out of time with only 4 laps or a holy shit Aiden Tijero smoked Ryan Villopoto. Go pro footage and vids will be up soon.... Instead the 125 show with one of the sports most dominate riders ever doesn't even have a Results sheet posted anywhere.

The setup was in place to make this a solid story, hopefully someone from the media steps up for the next 125 race.
dkg
5/21/2018 12:29am
Has anyone noticed it is easier to find a video or general media coverage of an underwater basket weaving tournament in Zimbabwe than the 125 two...

Wearing your tin foil hat a little too tight? Give it a day or two and I’m sure it will be released.
Ray_MXS
5/21/2018 12:45am
I agree with this. While some has said that a recap will be released, it's so late now and you haven't been able to stay away from the results so some of the feeling is lost. If the GPs can give us highlights mere hours after the race from every class. GPs, WMX, EMX250, EMX300, EMX125 and even EMX150 in the past, I'm sure they can muster a small highlight reel before or between one of the motos.
blackdiamond
5/21/2018 12:57am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 1:02am
LOL Yeah a lot of us on Vital are into the 125s but unfortunately every day fans probably don't care. I know people who catch the...
LOL

Yeah a lot of us on Vital are into the 125s but unfortunately every day fans probably don't care. I know people who catch the motos when they can, and are more than aware of the 125 races but frankly couldn't care less to go out of their way to watch it.

They're showing content of what the masses want to see, I think you might be inhaling too much premix if you think it's some kind of massive conspiracy to not give them coverage.
So you think the "masses" would unanimously rather watch 450cc lawnmower racing than the 125's? It's like watching paint dry compared to two stroke racing.

Are you sure?
5/21/2018 1:04am
So you think the "masses" would unanimously rather watch 450cc lawnmower racing than the 125's? It's like watching paint dry compared to two stroke racing. Are...
So you think the "masses" would unanimously rather watch 450cc lawnmower racing than the 125's? It's like watching paint dry compared to two stroke racing.

Are you sure?
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one, and everyone thinks theirs doesn't stink like shit.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/21/2018 1:11am
Who doesn’t love a good conspiracy theory? Oh wait, this one isn’t so good. I was going to include photos of it In Pit Bits tomorrow.

Aiden Tijero won, RV was second, and Wil Hahn was third.
blackdiamond
5/21/2018 1:16am
colintrax wrote:
So "Ya'll" consider a 20 second Instagram clip media coverage?

Come on now, no one is THAT dumb.
blackdiamond
5/21/2018 1:19am
GuyB wrote:
Who doesn’t love a good conspiracy theory? Oh wait, this one isn’t so good. I was going to include photos of it In Pit Bits tomorrow...
Who doesn’t love a good conspiracy theory? Oh wait, this one isn’t so good. I was going to include photos of it In Pit Bits tomorrow.

I have been looking for two days to find results for the top ten moto finishes.

Anyone have it?

Am I going to have to buy 5 plane tickets to watch the remaining 5 races of the series?
blackdiamond
5/21/2018 1:24am
GuyB wrote:
Who doesn’t love a good conspiracy theory? Oh wait, this one isn’t so good. I was going to include photos of it In Pit Bits tomorrow...

Do everyone a massive favor, include a photo of the race results. Thanks.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/21/2018 1:34am
I couldn’t get overalls for the 250 and 450 classes last weekend. You think I can get 125 results? Wink
blackdiamond
5/21/2018 1:34am

dkg wrote:
Wearing your tin foil hat a little too tight? Give it a day or two and I’m sure it will be released.
So we should be OK waiting "a day or two" for results of a national event?

I can get live streaming results from a LL regional qualifier.

Get it?
blackdiamond
5/21/2018 1:37am
GuyB wrote:
I couldn’t get overalls for the 250 and 450 classes last weekend. You think I can get 125 results? Wink
I can get live streaming results from any amateur LL regional qualifier.

LIVE.

All of them.
Dougy1
5/21/2018 2:35am
colintrax wrote:
For a 50 sec clip that tells us jack shit of what went down!!!
5/21/2018 2:45am
LOL Yeah a lot of us on Vital are into the 125s but unfortunately every day fans probably don't care. I know people who catch the...
LOL

So you think the "masses" would unanimously rather watch 450cc lawnmower racing than the 125's? It's like watching paint dry compared to two stroke racing. Are...

Are you sure?
Yes I think most motocross fans would rather watch the worlds best riders race against each other for 30 + 2 x 2 than watch 3 or 4 good retired guys against and a bunch of people they don't know on 125s. Have to keep in mind the people posting on Vital are a unique breed.
Jaze
5/21/2018 2:50am
colintrax wrote:
Are you serious? LOL!
Sully
5/21/2018 3:07am
Does anyone bother to read, or do you just get a bee up your ass and post? aeffertz already posted the reason they weren’t aired. The exact reason DC said when someone asked bout it in one of the NBC Gold App threads last week. But, I guess that’s not good enough, so you guys go right ahead and keep screaming about how the man is keeping 2-strokes down.
MJC
5/21/2018 3:37am
Sully wrote:
Does anyone bother to read, or do you just get a bee up your ass and post? aeffertz already posted the reason they weren’t aired. The...
Does anyone bother to read, or do you just get a bee up your ass and post? aeffertz already posted the reason they weren’t aired. The exact reason DC said when someone asked bout it in one of the NBC Gold App threads last week. But, I guess that’s not good enough, so you guys go right ahead and keep screaming about how the man is keeping 2-strokes down.
I have no dog in this fight, don’t give two shits either way about 2v4, but this issue here is not so much footage as DC had explained this, but where the fark are the results and if they exist why haven’t they been adequately published??? I mean RacerX and Vital always have a results notice for multiple races across multiple nations. This is kinda weird/stupid hence the conspiracy theorists
HenryA
5/21/2018 4:20am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 4:20am
Top secrets in our sport this week:
125 results from Hangtown
Why Bradley Taft was fired from cycletrader.com
kb228
5/21/2018 4:45am
Give transworld and racerx some time to create the content dude. I dont think you realize how much they produce on any given weekend. Editing 1 5 min video can take a couple hours alone.
philG
5/21/2018 5:27am
HenryA wrote:
Top secrets in our sport this week:
125 results from Hangtown
Why Bradley Taft was fired from cycletrader.com
All secrets dude. .
5/21/2018 5:40am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2018 5:40am
The REAL scandal here is that the 125 race isn’t at every round!! I’d pay extra to see the good ol’ boys rip spring creek.
NJKawi913
5/21/2018 5:58am
I think its not that they are ignoring it, but it takes time and man hours to do it any justice and everyone in Moto already has a lot of deal with on a race weekend. In the matter of one weekend the media outlets have 4 pro motos to cover, press day, qualifiying, post race press.

I do agree and find it odd that results are so hard to find.
newmann
5/21/2018 6:17am
"Just be glad you don't have to wait 6 months to see Carlsbad on CBS"

Can't believe no one has used that one yet.

Post a reply to: Two Stroke Race MEDIA BLACKOUT

The Latest