125 All Stars

jeffro503
2/25/2019 2:56pm
peltier626 wrote:
It's Monday morning DC, are you on the clock yet? Can you explain this?
DC wrote:
The 125 All-Star program was not ready to be announced, as we are still working through some details, now that all 12 tracks want to host...
The 125 All-Star program was not ready to be announced, as we are still working through some details, now that all 12 tracks want to host the races now and soon even want to do qualifiers on Friday. We also have some television times to work through. It will be very similar to last year's program.

An announcement will be made after Daytona when all of the details are ironed out.

The reason for the $100 entry fee is because it now includes admission for the day and a pit pass, as well as the entry fee.

Sorry for the confusion.

DC
Racer X
Well , this news definitely sounds better , so thanks for that DC. If there was a way to schedule it during intermission , that would be pretty sweet. End of the day kinda kills it. But I'm digging the sound of it being at all 12 races , which is progress from last year for sure.
FI2T
2/25/2019 2:57pm
FI2T wrote:
Not a fan of this. It's time for some changes. The fastest riders need to race the fastest riders. Top 40 qualifiers run in an open...
Not a fan of this. It's time for some changes. The fastest riders need to race the fastest riders. Top 40 qualifiers run in an open class, they make more money and run 2 30 minute motos. Next 40 run 2504t vs 2502t 20 min moto's. That leaves time for a solid 15min moto for 125's.
MohMoto14 wrote:
Your plan is slightly purfolated. Would everyone have to buy a 450 for qualifying and bring a 250 and 125 along too in case they don't...
Your plan is slightly purfolated. Would everyone have to buy a 450 for qualifying and bring a 250 and 125 along too in case they don't make the open class? or would you just have all size bikes unfairly trying to compete for gate positions?
Yeah no for sure! That's even less thought out than the current format!
There are a lot of 250's running damn near 450 times now. If a 450 rider can't make it in the open top 40..... they shouldn't be trying for the premier class on a 450. If a rider makes it in the premier class on a 250 or 125 they earned it, PAY them more money! Do the guys who don't qualify now not get sent home? The best guys should race the best guys! Two strokes should be allowed to race 250 vs 250 and we need a lites (125) class!
Sibex
2/25/2019 3:23pm
Sibex wrote:
They all want the race to die. That’s why it’s at the end of the day, that’s why the entry is way too much. They want...
They all want the race to die. That’s why it’s at the end of the day, that’s why the entry is way too much. They want people to just stop talking about it, then they’ll quietly drop it all together and say it wasn’t working.

Say what you like about MXGP, but at least they more or less give people what they want, and realise that they need new riders to bring on for the future. I have the Mxgp package for this year. I can’t wait. To MX sports and the (often) corrupt incestuous, and industry led US media I say this. “Every day is a school day. Take your head out of your ass and realise that when there’s no motocross left anymore, you won’t have a job”.

It’s a disgrace. Why do you guys hang off coombes’s balls? He’s out for himself building empires an shit! Haha!
motomojo wrote:
I'm afraid it goes much deeper than getting rid of the 125's,. The bigger picture i believe is to eventually do away with the national series...
I'm afraid it goes much deeper than getting rid of the 125's,.
The bigger picture i believe is to eventually do away with the national series all together and have two premier pro series SX based in the US and MXGP based in Europe but the racing for both will be global.

I don't think they saw a resurgence of interest in 125 racing rising to the level of getting back on the schedule so now must kill it but in a way that makes them look like they did their best but just not enough interest sorry.

I hope i am dead wrong about an eventual shutting down of the US national series. However If it continues to run with busted up SX riders not riding or riding with injuries and far from 100% it will eventually shut it's self down due to lack of top level riders competing and sponsors pulling support while the best in the business are in top shape for the MXGP opener.

DC wrote:
Neither of you could be more wrong.

DC
Racer X
Please don’t call my opinion wrong. It’s based on what I believe and is equally valid to anyone else’s. Lots of what has been said here is pretty common knowledge.

Anyway, to business;

If “the details” are not yet ironed out, why has has a document been released with what looks like all the details already decided and very ironed out?

It’s good that the revised $100 entry includes admission for the day and a pit pass...lol! Are you serious? Did Roczen and Tomac pay admission last year too? Is that normal in America, to be charged to enter the track to race when you’ve already paid the entry fee? That is odd.

And it will be “very similar” to last years program. Yeah, I imagine it will be. I hope the race will be re-assigned to a better slot. It deserves to be.

I hope you’re right saying that we’re wrong. Please prove it. Put the race on in a prime slot. That’s where it belongs. For lots of us it’s the best race of the day.

Are you surprised at how polarizing this topic is?

The Shop

peltier626
2/25/2019 4:55pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 4:56pm
Thanks for the explanation DC. It just seems like a step rearward to put them in the last spot of the day and increase the fee's at the same time. I understand schedule's and certain criteria needs to be met, but the 125 all stars have reignited a flame at the grass roots that this sport hasn't seen in a long time. Every effort should be made to support and promote this class to as many people and competitors as possible.
early
Fantasy
2212th
2/25/2019 5:19pm
Sibex wrote:
Please don’t call my opinion wrong. It’s based on what I believe and is equally valid to anyone else’s. Lots of what has been said here...
Please don’t call my opinion wrong. It’s based on what I believe and is equally valid to anyone else’s. Lots of what has been said here is pretty common knowledge.

Anyway, to business;

If “the details” are not yet ironed out, why has has a document been released with what looks like all the details already decided and very ironed out?

It’s good that the revised $100 entry includes admission for the day and a pit pass...lol! Are you serious? Did Roczen and Tomac pay admission last year too? Is that normal in America, to be charged to enter the track to race when you’ve already paid the entry fee? That is odd.

And it will be “very similar” to last years program. Yeah, I imagine it will be. I hope the race will be re-assigned to a better slot. It deserves to be.

I hope you’re right saying that we’re wrong. Please prove it. Put the race on in a prime slot. That’s where it belongs. For lots of us it’s the best race of the day.

Have you ever been to an ama national?
Moto man
2/25/2019 5:22pm
Sibex wrote:
Please don’t call my opinion wrong. It’s based on what I believe and is equally valid to anyone else’s. Lots of what has been said here...

Anyway, to business;

Settle down buddy. You were proved wrong let it go. 98% of the attendees of the National do not care about this race. Take the tin foil hat off.
wpark89
2/25/2019 5:28pm
I think some of you have a bit of unrealistic expectations of this 125 All Star thing..

It’s currently a side show. No different that back in the 90s when they did “Sounds of Thunder 4 strokes” or the WMA, or the cross over athletes.

Having it as uniformed as happening at all 12 rounds is a step forward. Think about it...this whole 125 Dream thing started as a local fall weekend at Washougal in 2012. It got showcased to the rest of the world for a few laps at the National in 2016...then a few more rounds in 17 and again in 18. Now having 125s at every round is another leap ahead. And right or wrong there has been entry fees to race a National since day 1.

I love 125s and will fight for their importance for the sport forever. Let’s see what happens for 2020. I don’t want it to be an EMX series clone. I hope it grows and gets more support, but I think it works and it more marketable and interesting having a mix of fast up and comers and the older former champions.

Sibex
2/25/2019 5:33pm
Sibex wrote:

Anyway, to business;

early wrote:
Have you ever been to an ama national?
Yes I have. First one was ‘84 I think. Saddleback.
early
Fantasy
2212th
2/25/2019 5:42pm
Sibex wrote:
How about a recent one-day format?
Sibex
2/25/2019 5:47pm
Sibex wrote:

Anyway, to business;

Moto man wrote:
Settle down buddy. You were proved wrong let it go. 98% of the attendees of the National do not care about this race. Take the tin...
Settle down buddy. You were proved wrong let it go. 98% of the attendees of the National do not care about this race. Take the tin foil hat off.
Dude, did you steal my tin foil Hat?

Sometimes I reckon you got to shake a tree if you want a coconut.
Sibex
2/25/2019 6:14pm
Sibex wrote:
early wrote:
How about a recent one-day format?
Lots of 1 day races around. Most of the national championships in Europe run a 1 day format. They do get it all done somehow.

To answer your question though, yes I have. It’s been pretty good too over the years. I did prefer the more natural tracks with much less grooming...but I am a massive fan of the Nationals!

2/25/2019 7:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 7:45pm
DC wrote:
The 125 All-Star program was not ready to be announced, as we are still working through some details, now that all 12 tracks want to host...
The 125 All-Star program was not ready to be announced, as we are still working through some details, now that all 12 tracks want to host the races now and soon even want to do qualifiers on Friday. We also have some television times to work through. It will be very similar to last year's program.

An announcement will be made after Daytona when all of the details are ironed out.

The reason for the $100 entry fee is because it now includes admission for the day and a pit pass, as well as the entry fee.

Sorry for the confusion.

DC
Racer X
Gate entry and all access pit pass is worth more than $100.
Opportunity to race with 39 other 125’s on a pitted out track: priceless.
I’m assuming transponders are included like the pros?

So much of the vital community will find any reason at all to bitch. It’s unreal. Sounds like I got a new 125 in the right year.

DC
2/26/2019 4:00am
motomojo wrote:
I'm afraid it goes much deeper than getting rid of the 125's,. The bigger picture i believe is to eventually do away with the national series...
I'm afraid it goes much deeper than getting rid of the 125's,.
The bigger picture i believe is to eventually do away with the national series all together and have two premier pro series SX based in the US and MXGP based in Europe but the racing for both will be global.

I don't think they saw a resurgence of interest in 125 racing rising to the level of getting back on the schedule so now must kill it but in a way that makes them look like they did their best but just not enough interest sorry.

I hope i am dead wrong about an eventual shutting down of the US national series. However If it continues to run with busted up SX riders not riding or riding with injuries and far from 100% it will eventually shut it's self down due to lack of top level riders competing and sponsors pulling support while the best in the business are in top shape for the MXGP opener.

DC wrote:
Neither of you could be more wrong.

DC
Racer X
Sibex wrote:

Anyway, to business;

When you say it's a disgrace and I am just trying to kill it, and then discuss people "hanging from my balls" then yes, you are clearly wrong. I don't know you, and as a result, I don't insult you or troll you. Nor the other guy who wrote that we're "obviously doing away with the nationals." I just disagree completely and said neither of you could be more wrong.

We are working on a brand new website for the series, and someone put a placeholder in on the 125 race that was wrong. It's being fixed.

DC
Racer X
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
2/26/2019 4:50am
peltier626 wrote:
DC wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

DC
Racer X
Lets say all 12 rounds get the race, will it be classified as a Championship? That should be the ultimate goal right?
DC
2/26/2019 5:34am
peltier626 wrote:
DC wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

DC
Racer X
Boomslang wrote:
Lets say all 12 rounds get the race, will it be classified as a Championship? That should be the ultimate goal right?
That is the ultimate goal but for 2019 they are still stand-alone exhibition events that are meant to be fun and inclusive, maybe introduce some potential new stars as well as have a few older ones get to take a bow of sorts and participate.

DC
Racer X
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
2/26/2019 5:40am
DC wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

DC
Racer X
Boomslang wrote:
DC wrote:
That is the ultimate goal but for 2019 they are still stand-alone exhibition events that are meant to be fun and inclusive, maybe introduce some potential...
That is the ultimate goal but for 2019 they are still stand-alone exhibition events that are meant to be fun and inclusive, maybe introduce some potential new stars as well as have a few older ones get to take a bow of sorts and participate.

DC
Racer X
Thanks DC, not sure how thick the Red tape is going to be but would be awesome to have a actual 125 series in 2020. Have a gut feeling it won't sit well with certain manufacturers.
rbspecial138
Fantasy
955th
2/26/2019 8:39am
It’s a start. Making it open to b riders allows for no-purse. Id like to see it A CLASS only. And it gives kids valuable experience...
It’s a start.

Making it open to b riders allows for no-purse. Id like to see it A CLASS only. And it gives kids valuable experience on a chewed up track with professional lines.....not a bad idea to do it at the end of the day in my opinion!

A lot of complaints of new pros is not having experience because the line choice is way different than your local or amatuer national race....

Don’t worry your nbc sports gold package won’t cover this race!
If it was A class only, I doubt they would have a full 40 person gate. I agree with your point, but just adding my thoughts. I would rather see a full gate of 40 125's than watch 6 guys race for $500.
jeffro503
2/26/2019 8:46am
DC wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

DC
Racer X
Boomslang wrote:
DC wrote:
That is the ultimate goal but for 2019 they are still stand-alone exhibition events that are meant to be fun and inclusive, maybe introduce some potential...

DC
Racer X
Well , I take back my very first post here. This is actually sounding pretty damn cool right now! Thank you DC!
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
2/26/2019 8:49am
If it was A class only, I doubt they would have a full 40 person gate. I agree with your point, but just adding my thoughts...
If it was A class only, I doubt they would have a full 40 person gate. I agree with your point, but just adding my thoughts. I would rather see a full gate of 40 125's than watch 6 guys race for $500.
If it were to become a 12 Rnd series for a championship then One can expect full gates stacked with talent.

Also, I'd guess one would see a significant rise in spectator attendance....more bang for your buck and more of those 2T lovers will come crawling out of the woods.
2/26/2019 9:38am
Gate entry and all access pit pass is worth more than $100. Opportunity to race with 39 other 125’s on a pitted out track: priceless. I’m...
Gate entry and all access pit pass is worth more than $100.
Opportunity to race with 39 other 125’s on a pitted out track: priceless.
I’m assuming transponders are included like the pros?

So much of the vital community will find any reason at all to bitch. It’s unreal. Sounds like I got a new 125 in the right year.

I am with Jeff on this one, $100 including passes is a deal!

Hope you're ready to bang some bars dude!
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
2/26/2019 10:20am
Boomslang wrote:
DC wrote:

DC
Racer X
Boomslang wrote:
Thanks DC, not sure how thick the Red tape is going to be but would be awesome to have a actual 125 series in 2020. Have...
Thanks DC, not sure how thick the Red tape is going to be but would be awesome to have a actual 125 series in 2020. Have a gut feeling it won't sit well with certain manufacturers.
As long as the racing isn't made fair by adopting a CC for CC rule in the 250F/450F classes, I don't think the "thumper only" mfg's will really care all that much if there's a 125 class. If it becomes really popular then they'll of course try to have the rules changed to suit their priorities, but that's down the road. By that time I suspect EMX (Electric Motocross) will be taking over anyway.
rongi#401
2/26/2019 11:46am
Right after national anthem would be soooooo sick
Moto man
2/26/2019 11:51am
jeffro503 wrote:
Well , I take back my very first post here. This is actually sounding pretty damn cool right now! Thank you DC!
Shocker. Jeffro & Boomslang back peddling after going off half cocked.
BR8ES
2/26/2019 11:58am
All 12 rounds and the entry explanation is fine and dandy, the time slot blows. I ride a 125 and love that shit, but sticking around for 4 laps from mostly Question Mark and the Mysterians at the end of long ass day in the hot sun... I may gunning for a quick exit half way thru the 2nd 450 moto. I won't be the only guy.
jeffro503
2/26/2019 7:34pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Moto man wrote:
Shocker. Jeffro & Boomslang back peddling after going off half cocked.
Hey Puss , you ever gonna send me that email so we can meet up? I keep seeing you open your big mouth time and time again on here and you don't even have the guts to reply to a message. Keep being a bitch I guess.
Yeti365
2/26/2019 8:24pm
Sibex wrote:
They all want the race to die. That’s why it’s at the end of the day, that’s why the entry is way too much. They want...
They all want the race to die. That’s why it’s at the end of the day, that’s why the entry is way too much. They want people to just stop talking about it, then they’ll quietly drop it all together and say it wasn’t working.

Say what you like about MXGP, but at least they more or less give people what they want, and realise that they need new riders to bring on for the future. I have the Mxgp package for this year. I can’t wait. To MX sports and the (often) corrupt incestuous, and industry led US media I say this. “Every day is a school day. Take your head out of your ass and realise that when there’s no motocross left anymore, you won’t have a job”.

It’s a disgrace. Why do you guys hang off coombes’s balls? He’s out for himself building empires an shit! Haha!
As brash as that statement is, I can't disagree with it.

And just when seems like the sport is starting to really come back, too. Time will tell. Hopefully they listen to fans and riders. You know, they people who actually make it happen.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
2/26/2019 8:50pm
I guess we will wait and see which direction these All Star races go.

It's no secret that the 2T's have a huge following which brings me to think that the door is open for another series.

What about a national 2T series with three classes, 125 and 250 classes and a womans class run over 12 rounds?
ProKawi24
2/26/2019 10:26pm Edited Date/Time 2/26/2019 10:27pm
I for one would pay a little extra on the NBC Gold App if they would have 125's at every round and televise it, even if it's exclusively for members. I already pay for it because I can't stand watching 1 moto Saturday night and the 2nd motos Tuesday night after work on a recording that aired Tuesday morning at 4am FFS.

Post a reply to: 125 All Stars

The Latest