125 All Stars

Related:
Create New Tag

2/24/2019 10:00 AM

Way to steal the idea, and completely wreck the execution of it. $20 per lap to race it plus at the end of the day when it's a beeline for everyone to get out. Thanks MxSports. Photo

|

2/24/2019 10:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2019 8:47 AM

Edit : DC sounds like he's making it right!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/24/2019 10:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 10:31 AM

Well, that kinda stinks. That is going to dampen the enthusiasm for that race, which seemed like it got more and more hype as the 125 races went along last year......

Program Features:

Machine Eligibility: 125cc 2-Stroke
Rider Eligibility: 15+ years of age and minimum “B” classification
Race Format: (1) practice/ (1) 5-lap moto format on National Day
125 Moto will be immediately following final Pro Moto of the day
Entry Fee: $100/event
AMA Membership required
Awards Top 3; no purse
Riders must check-in with the promoter Thursday or Friday AM during regular amateur registration and sign all releases.
Participating Promoters conduct qualifying races on Friday as part of their amateur race program. Friday qualifiers will be a 2-moto format.
To apply for race entry, go HERE.

*Pre-entry closes the Wednesday at 5 PM EST before each race weekend.

|

Older and YZer!!!

2/24/2019 11:02 AM

No purse and $100 to race? Lol what?! Nobody will race it

|

2/24/2019 11:09 AM

Will they remember to actually score the riders this year?

|

2/24/2019 11:23 AM

Why do we always have to screw up a good thing?

|

2/24/2019 11:23 AM

As long as it stays a single day format there's no time for a legitimate series like EMX. It's really too bad.

|

2/24/2019 11:32 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

Edit : DC sounds like he's making it right!

You do realize that the Nationals is a one day format, GP’s all weekend. You are comparing apples to oranges. Surprisingly, there’s more important things going on on Saturday than amateurs racing little bikes.

|

Ride fast & slap ass

2/24/2019 11:33 AM

Im sure there is no purse because they do have amateurs race as well.

|

2/24/2019 11:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 11:39 AM

Will the powers the be please comment on what compelling reason(s) led to this change?? Thanks in advance DC..
|

2/24/2019 11:46 AM

DC..... ?

|

2/24/2019 11:47 AM

logan_140 wrote:

I think all the gates were full last year.

|

2/24/2019 11:51 AM

logan_140 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

I'm sure they will still be full. It's just a bummer of how it doubled in price, and they moved it to the end of the day.

|

2/24/2019 11:54 AM

logan_140 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:

mx216 wrote:

I'm sure they will still be full. It's just a bummer of how it doubled in price, and they moved it to the end of the day.

X2 $100 for a great day. Sounds fun. Imo. Ride a national track.

|

2/24/2019 1:07 PM

$100 isn't that much. I still think it could be at intermission would be better. Not the end of the day when everyone is trying to go home. That will be the downfall right there

|

2/24/2019 1:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 1:26 PM

|

2/24/2019 1:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 1:25 PM

|

2/24/2019 1:23 PM

Despite the weather in Indiana last year, I was really looking forward to the all star race. After scheduling issues due to weather they ran the race after all the motos were done. No one stuck around and no one cared. Most all the known riders opted to not even race. It was a huge let down and I was bummed. I can only imagine all the all star races will be the same way this summer. I can’t see any bigger name guys wanting to come out and race while everyone is leaving and the track is beat to hell. What a bummer ?

|

2/24/2019 1:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 1:26 PM

|

2/24/2019 1:27 PM

Run it in the morning, use it to dial in cameras or whatever. End of day, kind of a bummer. We need the two day format back and get serious instead of creating side shows.

|

2/24/2019 1:27 PM

If I was young and fast I'd pay 100 simolies to race a national track. Having said that, have you ever seen a national track at the end of the day? It looks like a WW1 battlefield. Not exactly primo for a 125 to shine on.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

2/24/2019 1:28 PM

Sorry for the multiple posts .. the Damn site was acting stupid. Vital needs a fresh top end ?‍♂️

|

2/24/2019 1:37 PM

Moto Obsessed wrote: Will the powers the be please comment on what compelling reason(s) led to this change?? Thanks in advance DC..

Let me look into it, I'm sure it probably has to do with the TV schedules but I will look into it tomorrow at work...

DC
Racer X

|

2/24/2019 1:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 1:42 PM

more Coney Island freak show vibes, how about a EMX 125 programme??

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

2/24/2019 1:57 PM

honda907 wrote:

Well, that kinda stinks. That is going to dampen the enthusiasm for that race, which seemed like it got more and more hype as the 125 races went along last year......

Program Features:

Machine Eligibility: 125cc 2-Stroke
Rider Eligibility: 15+ years of age and minimum “B” classification
Race Format: (1) practice/ (1) 5-lap moto format on National Day
125 Moto will be immediately following final Pro Moto of the day
Entry Fee: $100/event
AMA Membership required
Awards Top 3; no purse
Riders must check-in with the promoter Thursday or Friday AM during regular amateur registration and sign all releases.
Participating Promoters conduct qualifying races on Friday as part of their amateur race program. Friday qualifiers will be a 2-moto format.
To apply for race entry, go HERE.

*Pre-entry closes the Wednesday at 5 PM EST before each race weekend.

this race should be the mid day event. its an exhibition race

i get not handing out a purse as non-pros under 16 cant legally accept money for racing.

but this totally kills the purpose of the race. unless theyre turning it into a legit series....but a 5 lap exhibition is a real pro race

|

"If you feel in control, you're not going fast enough" ~Mario Andretti

2/24/2019 3:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/24/2019 3:24 PM

That's whats called growth over yonder, pay more get less.

|

2/24/2019 4:12 PM

DA498 wrote:

Run it in the morning, use it to dial in cameras or whatever. End of day, kind of a bummer. We need the two day format back and get serious instead of creating side shows.

Putting the 125s at the end of the program is a tough spot to survive.

I would like to see the days program start a 1/2 hr earlier (12:30 instead of 1:00) and drop the gate for the 125s directly after the National Anthem....while you still have every ones attention and it's an exciting way to kick off a day of racing.

To DC

Did you have much push back from the track owners/ promoters about adding the 125s to the days schedule? Time constraints, track prep etc.

|

2/24/2019 4:18 PM

DA498 wrote:

quicken wrote:

Putting the 125s at the end of the program is a tough spot to survive.

I would like to see the days program start a 1/2 hr earlier (12:30 instead of 1:00) and drop the gate for the 125s directly after the National Anthem....while you still have every ones attention and it's an exciting way to kick off a day of racing.

To DC

Did you have much push back from the track owners/ promoters about adding the 125s to the days schedule? Time constraints, track prep etc.

High point had theirs prior to the first 450 moto. I doubt if the riders care when they are. Most are local dudes wanting to ride the national track. Anything is better than nothing, and a 125 fan will stick around.

|

2/24/2019 4:28 PM

Fuck Mx sports, these bag of dicks took the handicap parking spots and gave them to these halftime entertainers to pit out of. Several disabled people had a very difficult time making it to the track as the new handicap parking was way the hell out by the main road at Budds Creek. Myself being one of them. Nothing like having to walk a mile to get to the track when your on the kidney transplant list and constantly fatigued

|

2/24/2019 4:44 PM

Why have it at all if not prior to last race of the day.

$100 Entry fee? Not bad if it is some time prior to everyone leaving as I would think motive would be fun for retired pros and exposure for up and comers. Racing in front of a crowd would be worth it to me of I was in either one of those positions.

|