125 All-Star eligibility

Related:
Create New Tag

5/10/2019 6:10 AM

The eligibility rule in sort of grey to me. I don't remember, but I just read Kawasaki's last year for the KX 125 in the United States was 2005, but released them until 2008 outside the US. That said, I'm left wondering if my 04 would be turned away?

|

Last gear pinned.

5/10/2019 6:20 AM

its all bullshit. let em rip anything that's a 125 or 150. any age, and any manufacturer.

take the spirit of this awesome fantastic sport and use it here in the 125 class

|

5/10/2019 6:25 AM

Your '04 is eligible.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

5/10/2019 9:17 AM

Any and all 125s should be allowed IMO.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

5/10/2019 10:10 AM

I think the rule said any last generation of twostroke if the manufacture doesn't currently offer one. So like a 02-07 cr, 01-07 or 08 rm a 03-07 kx exct.

|

5/10/2019 10:16 AM

From another thread about this
Maverick said,

KTM/Husky 2014-2019
Yamaha 2014-2019
TM 2014-2019
Kawasaki 2006-2008
Suzuki 2006-2008
Honda 2005-2007

|

5/10/2019 10:19 AM

Paging DC for clarity...

|

Last gear pinned.

5/10/2019 10:20 AM

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Is-a-Supermini-legal-at-the-125-races-this-summer,1358529

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/B-classification,1358512#post_4171252

c. In the event an OEM does not currently produce a 125cc 2-stroke machine, then in that event non-current production models from the final three years of production are eligible (i.e., Kawasaki models 2003-2005, Suzuki and Honda models 2005-2007).
|

5/10/2019 10:26 AM

Works for me! wink

|

Last gear pinned.

5/10/2019 10:38 AM

CivBars wrote:

From another thread about this
Maverick said,

KTM/Husky 2014-2019
Yamaha 2014-2019
TM 2014-2019
Kawasaki 2006-2008
Suzuki ...more

Kawasaki is 2003-2005
Suzuki is 2005-2007
Honda is 2005-2007

Kawasaki and Suzuki were sold in other parts of the world in 2008.

Personally, I don't get why a 2003 Suzuki or 2007 Yamaha isn't eligible. They're practically the same models as the last year they were sold.

|

5/10/2019 10:40 AM

If you don't have some restrictions on bike eligibility, then it will be ridiculous. There will be someone that shows up on a early 80s bike just because... if there is any hope of legitimizing this, then the rules are good.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

5/10/2019 10:41 AM

BR8ES wrote:

If you don't have some restrictions on bike eligibility, then it will be ridiculous. There will be someone that shows up on a ...more

Bingo,. A craigslist gem. Lol

|

5/10/2019 10:56 AM

BR8ES wrote:

If you don't have some restrictions on bike eligibility, then it will be ridiculous. There will be someone that shows up on a ...more

Jerry Robin anyone?

I understand the why the promoters have rules in place. This program isn't even in it's first full year. I'm sure they plan on taking a look at what works and doesn't this year and make any adjustments moving forward. As they say 'There's a reason we run the races'. It's fun to bench race about what ifs though. Like Maverick said, RM's could go back to 03 and YZ's could go back as far as 06 (05 is basically the same as 06-19, biggest difference is the sss suspension)

20 years back sounds good to me. 1999-2019 for this year? OR anything from 2000-current?

|

5/10/2019 11:03 AM

BR8ES wrote:

CivBars wrote:

Jerry Robin anyone?

I understand the why the promoters have rules in place. This program isn't even in it's first full year. ...more

I knew that would come up... clearly an anomaly. You want a novelty act to continue, then mix in old bikes all you want. You see 85 model year bikes in the EMX series anyone??

|

5/10/2019 11:10 AM

The rule is fine with me. Don't need any junkers out there. This is a top level event.

|

5/10/2019 11:23 AM

BR8ES wrote:

CivBars wrote:

Jerry Robin anyone?

I understand the why the promoters have rules in place. This program isn't even in it's first full year. ...more

BR8ES wrote:

I knew that would come up... clearly an anomaly. You want a novelty act to continue, then mix in old bikes all you want. You ...more

I get putting restrictions as to which bike should be eligible in order to make the event look more professional.

I'm not saying anyone should show up on an 80's model bike but I don't see the difference in someone showing up with a 2002 RM vs. a 2007 RM.

In my opinion the rule should allow the manufacturers that no longer produce 2 strokes to go as far back as the first new model of the last generation.

Honda: 2002 to 2007/2008
Kawasaki: 2003 to 2007/2008
Suzuki: 2001 to 2007/2008
Yamaha: 2005 to present

Limit the class to the manufacturers that still produce 2 strokes and Honda, Kawasaki and Suzuki that way you don't have anyone showing up on a Hodaka, Maico, etc.

|

5/10/2019 11:28 AM

CivBars wrote:

Jerry Robin anyone?

BR8ES wrote:

I knew that would come up... clearly an anomaly. You want a novelty act to continue, then mix in old bikes all you want. You ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I get putting restrictions as to which bike should be eligible in order to make the event look more professional.

I'm not ...more

I understand that point on the RM, etc., but the line has to be made somewhere, otherwise we run into "interpretations" and such, then the downward spiral begins. Funny you bring up Maico as that was my next example.

If the goal of a real series is there, ever distant it may be, then exclusions regarding equipment is a necessary.

|

5/10/2019 11:29 AM

CivBars wrote:

Jerry Robin anyone?

BR8ES wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I'm not ...more

Why give kawy,suzuki, honda any exposure. They dont care. Why should the riders ?. Support the factory that makes current 2 strokes.

|

5/10/2019 11:31 AM

I can't wait to see 40 Pro riders on 2019 125's on all 12 gates this Summer! smile

|

5/10/2019 11:35 AM

BR8ES wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I'm not ...more

mxb2 wrote:

Why give kawy,suzuki, honda any exposure. They dont care. Why should the riders ?. Support the factory that makes current 2 ...more

I get that point. People like different things.

Now, if this was a legit series with 2 motos I'd say limit it to the manufacturers that are still making 2 strokes.

Yamaha
Husqvarna
KTM
TM

And if they are willing to support the series or someone wants to show up on one:

Sherco
Beta
GasGas

|

5/10/2019 1:31 PM

I would love to see a Maico win. Why have age restrictions on the bike? The class is 125 so just make that the rule. Then we would see if bikes from the past could compete with the modern bikes.

|

5/10/2019 1:40 PM

mxb2 wrote:

Why give kawy,suzuki, honda any exposure. They dont care. Why should the riders ?. Support the factory that makes current 2 ...more

Because why punish the rider who's sponsored by a local Kawasaki dealership?
Itd be weird if I was running Kawasaki of Rome graphics on my KTM.

|

5/10/2019 2:01 PM

I heard but it could be just a rumor that it cost over $200 to race this event and you only get 4 laps. Could be just another rumor

|

5/10/2019 2:14 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

I heard but it could be just a rumor that it cost over $200 to race this event and you only get 4 laps. Could be just another ...more

It really burns you that Glen Helen is no longer on the schedule doesn't it ?

|

5/10/2019 2:16 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

I heard but it could be just a rumor that it cost over $200 to race this event and you only get 4 laps. Could be just another ...more

To my understanding, it's 100 bucks, which includes your ticket and whatnot to the national, etc. Also, if there are enough racers, then practice and qualifiers will be ran on Friday, otherwise it's 1 five lap moto on Sat.

|

Last gear pinned.

5/10/2019 2:18 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I'm not ...more

mxb2 wrote:

colintrax wrote:

Because why punish the rider who's sponsored by a local Kawasaki dealership?
Itd be weird if I was running Kawasaki of Rome ...more

My point was , support the factory that builds current smokers, kawy. Honda suzuki dont care people ride 15 year old 2 strokes. Or this 2 stroke race.

|

5/10/2019 2:44 PM

ATKpilot99 the fact that I am only reporting what I heard and it was what I thought to be a rumor as I stated means I am burned that Glen Helen is not on the National schedule is a big f%@#ing joke. I hope it stays there if they do a great job and I am sure they can. I get a week back of my life to work my regular job and enjoy a 3 day weekend. I get to race on the 26th with the OTMX Club and have fun with friends.
In case you don't know because maybe you don't read I have retired from doing the Nationals at Glen Helen even if they come back and that decision was made before the contract issues.
Look what I stated was from a rider who wanted to race the 125 race at Hangtown and Glen Helen and when he found out the cost and how many laps he backed out and did not surprise me or Burn my Chaps.
Enjoy the National at Pala or any other location its at during their tour and support the best riders in the USA and the track. I will enjoy it being taped and watched at a later time. But if you think I am bitter you are so off base. Thanks for your opinion because we have that right.

|

5/13/2019 1:32 PM

We rode it last year on a 2002 CR125 - The rule was put in place to keep it from looking like a shit show. They would like possible TV coverage, etc in future so keeping it professional as possible was the stated goal. No VIN was checked so, IMO, as long as your specific bike looks the same as the approved models you will probably be fine. I did verify we would be OK prior to entering.

As for cost, yeah it's expensive and my kid really wished they ahd run 10 laps or so as he gets crappy starts on a 125 so was just starting to really make some progress when the checkers were out. a few more laps may have made top 10? It was an awesome experience to ride a national track in front of all the fans so the cost is worth it, IMO.......

|

5/13/2019 2:27 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

Stop being so disingenuous. It took me less than 30 seconds to find this on the MX Sports website:

"Entry Fee: $100/ event (Includes race entry and event/paddock admission Friday & Saturday)"

You didn't talk to anyone or hear any rumor.

|

5/13/2019 2:39 PM

Mr info = Jody? I don't get it. Am I a bad person because I m bummed Glen Helen isn't on the schedule? I loved watching the pros ride GH. Tracks gnarly son.

|