125 ALL STAR FUTURE FIX

nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
7/26/2018 9:33am
I like the idea of it. But its making the race an exhibition. Instead of bringing 2-Strokes back to life like it should be. Just my opinion. Lets see what you guys think besides the "get over it, 4 strokes aren't going away, 2 strokes are old and slow" crowd.

Here's what I think they should do:
Make 125cc and 250cc 2-Stroke Professional Championship Titles in both SX and MX.
In SX run them the same as both classes do now, we don't have enough races in SX to watch as it is.
In MX run them the same in qualifying, and 20 minutes +1 for 2 Motos each class.
|
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/26/2018 9:37am
There is not enough money in the industry to get 2 classes of paid professionals to the races as it is. Make the 125 series regional for privateers and up and comers, make the 250 class national in MX and SX.
nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
7/26/2018 10:00am
early wrote:
There is not enough money in the industry to get 2 classes of paid professionals to the races as it is. Make the 125 series regional...
There is not enough money in the industry to get 2 classes of paid professionals to the races as it is. Make the 125 series regional for privateers and up and comers, make the 250 class national in MX and SX.
Oh believe me, there's plenty of money in the industry! Have you looked at bike prices lately? Manufacturing costs go down every year while the price goes up. The manufacturers have it but they won't be the ones forking over money. It would be a Race promoter. BUT the AMA which we know is a joke for Pro payout isn't going to fork over their money either.
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/26/2018 10:05am
early wrote:
There is not enough money in the industry to get 2 classes of paid professionals to the races as it is. Make the 125 series regional...
nrosso391 wrote:
Oh believe me, there's plenty of money in the industry! Have you looked at bike prices lately? Manufacturing costs go down every year while the price...
Oh believe me, there's plenty of money in the industry! Have you looked at bike prices lately? Manufacturing costs go down every year while the price goes up. The manufacturers have it but they won't be the ones forking over money. It would be a Race promoter. BUT the AMA which we know is a joke for Pro payout isn't going to fork over their money either.
Well I guess you've got it all figured out, no use arguing with you.
7/26/2018 10:37am
Series won't support it since most manufacturers don't make two strokes. It would piss manufacturers off, and they could start their own series if that were to happen or they could pull out and kill the sport (see, street road racing for an example).

I ride a 125 so I get it, but it's just not going to happen. I would like to see them develop the 125 race better, like giving us some coverage of it. I like the up-and-comers versus the old pros.

The Shop

nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
7/26/2018 10:44am
Series won't support it since most manufacturers don't make two strokes. It would piss manufacturers off, and they could start their own series if that were...
Series won't support it since most manufacturers don't make two strokes. It would piss manufacturers off, and they could start their own series if that were to happen or they could pull out and kill the sport (see, street road racing for an example).

I ride a 125 so I get it, but it's just not going to happen. I would like to see them develop the 125 race better, like giving us some coverage of it. I like the up-and-comers versus the old pros.
Well, no one had four strokes until Yamaha made them competitive, now look at what bikes are raced...
7/26/2018 10:46am
early wrote:
If the top guys didn't make an astronomical amount of money compared to the the guy 20 spots behind him, thered be a lot more to go around. Plenty of people getting rich off this sport.
nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
7/26/2018 10:52am
If the top guys didn't make an astronomical amount of money compared to the the guy 20 spots behind him, thered be a lot more to...
If the top guys didn't make an astronomical amount of money compared to the the guy 20 spots behind him, thered be a lot more to go around. Plenty of people getting rich off this sport.
Yes for sure
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
7/26/2018 10:57am
nrosso391 wrote:
Well, no one had four strokes until Yamaha made them competitive, now look at what bikes are raced...
That wasn't done just for the fun of it though. It was believed that manufacturers would need to switch to four stroke for off-road motorcycling to survive.

"At the time, the state of California had just set quite stringent emissions regulations out of concern for the environment. Yamaha explained to the AMA that there was a real need for 4-stroke engines to be used in motocross due to their inherently lower emissions and proposed that 4-stroke factory motocross bikes be allowed to compete in AMA races for development purposes on a limited basis. Just three days later, the AMA approved the proposal; if it was a 4-stroke prototype for the purpose of developing a production model, a manufacturer could apply for entry and the machine would be allowed to compete for one season."

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom/offroadmania/ch5/
nrosso391
Fantasy
3479th
7/26/2018 11:05am
RichieW13 wrote:
That wasn't done just for the fun of it though. It was believed that manufacturers would need to switch to four stroke for off-road motorcycling to...
That wasn't done just for the fun of it though. It was believed that manufacturers would need to switch to four stroke for off-road motorcycling to survive.

"At the time, the state of California had just set quite stringent emissions regulations out of concern for the environment. Yamaha explained to the AMA that there was a real need for 4-stroke engines to be used in motocross due to their inherently lower emissions and proposed that 4-stroke factory motocross bikes be allowed to compete in AMA races for development purposes on a limited basis. Just three days later, the AMA approved the proposal; if it was a 4-stroke prototype for the purpose of developing a production model, a manufacturer could apply for entry and the machine would be allowed to compete for one season."

https://global.yamaha-motor.com/showroom/offroadmania/ch5/
Thanks for proving once again that California is the biggest POS state we have.

Post a reply to: 125 ALL STAR FUTURE FIX

The Latest