125 AF

motomental1
6/15/2012 9:39am
took it out sunday for a few laps. lots of fun but my fat ass better off on my 250f .so my 12 year old who ride a cr85 supermini asked if he could ride it. sure just be carefull. couple laps in he was jumpin all th stuff he did on his 85. damn don't know if dads ready but he sure is. thats him in the pic. man they sure grow up fast.
6/15/2012 10:20am
took it out sunday for a few laps. lots of fun but my fat ass better off on my 250f .so my 12 year old who...
took it out sunday for a few laps. lots of fun but my fat ass better off on my 250f .so my 12 year old who ride a cr85 supermini asked if he could ride it. sure just be carefull. couple laps in he was jumpin all th stuff he did on his 85. damn don't know if dads ready but he sure is. thats him in the pic. man they sure grow up fast.
That's awesome! My 4 year old is already asking if I will teach him to ride a motorcycle when he get big enough. Just needs to get peddling his bike down a bit better. He is a little guy!

Where did order the Elsinore kit from? I know it's One Industries, but where did you find it?
motomental1
6/15/2012 11:02am
i had the elsinore kit boxed up in my garage from back when i had my 97 or 99 cr250. bought if off ebay but sold the bikes before i ever had a chance to put it on. and it wouldn't fit my 01 or 02 cr250. so just keep it thinking i might use it someday.
i kinda went graphic nuts in the late 90's and was buying up all the honda team kits and retro kits i could get my hands on. not only honda but kx,yzs. he's just 1 of my 5 kids that ride. even mom rides!!!
Suns_PSD
6/15/2012 12:01pm
I don't get it.

Is there really a market for $11K 125s? That probably are not competitive w/ a '13 125sx from KTM that cost $6.5K. Nevermind what an $8K '13 KX250F would do to that 125AF.

The 500s are one thing because you can't buy them anymore, and they were never that good anyways. And they are an end game, your last and best bike if you will. A 125 is a bike that will get used up, grown out of, and basically sold for scrap in a few years.

You'd have to really be enamoured w/ Honda (who I might add crushed 2 strokes as a Corporation) to pay all that extra cash for an inferior motorcycle.

I'm not trying to be a dick to AJ and I really dig his other projects, this is just the way I see it.

Good Luck.

The Shop

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
6/15/2012 12:25pm
All good points. What we need from Service Honda is a 150SX engine in that Honda frame. Yeah, Honda has been the biggest enemy of the 2-stroke (actually all the OEMs) but they did make a good handling 125 frame.
AJ
6/15/2012 4:54pm
LOL Smile

ok -
Well people pay $50 a pound for beef jerky ,
when they could have a beautifully prepared steak dinner for that as well?

Or they go to some movie for $15 that you or I wouldn't find worth 5 cents to see,
we just wouldn't *get it*?
yet we may choose a movie they would never pay to watch?

Everyone has different tastes, and at different times.

A lot of people are very Honda biased and would not buy a KTM, period.
other KTM owners would never buy a Honda.

I don't make the rules or human behavior up.. Smile

I supply a choice , a great bike thats a blast to ride (have you ridden one?)

I find it odd you dint mention a YZ125.. which is a great bike?
or a TM 125? (a bit more expensive than a YZ, but still viable and a great bike)

I do understand your concerns, but recognize that others would gladly pay that price for a 2012 CR125AF.

It does handle remarkable well, and I would not say it is inferior overall to the other fine bikes listed.
In a shootout it would rank right in there with any 125.Some folks love 125's.

I dislike 450's, and like 500's ,but recognize others have different opinions,
i do like 250Fs,, but simply prefer a 250 2 stroke, its just more fun.

If you think the 125 AF is lacking, what about the similar argument for our CR250AF?
I mean there are other 250 2 strokes still made?same exact argument.

Read MXA's july review on the 250AF bike, or if you ever get a chance take one for a spin.
I think you'll find its a viable option, another good choice, one of many good bikes available.

A similar debate could be made about a KTM 200 and our KDX200AF.
The KTM 200 is a great off road bike, this wouldn't change the fact that the KDX200AF is an amazing
off road bike.that handles better then most anything out there and is a viable choice..

I'm all for choices,

for the movie theater playing 10 different movies,
likely 3 or 4 of them I don't *get*, and wont pay to see.. but i like the fact those choices are there for me and everyone else.
As far as costs, if i'm buying a new bike, for what is basically entertainment for myself, i'll get the one i think will put the biggest smile on my face every time, the actually cost after resale is of so very little different as to not matter.

Post a reply to: 125 AF

The Latest