100 percent Armega Goggle

Spooner
5/20/2020 8:38pm
The tear off post does look a bit brittle so I’m a little worried but hopefully no isssuesSilly
It appears you have the updated version. Is the post clear?
str8line
5/20/2020 9:18pm
We had to race an enduro in the rain and after the foam got wet (from the rain blowing up there), all of our goggles fogged...
We had to race an enduro in the rain and after the foam got wet (from the rain blowing up there), all of our goggles fogged from the inside.

What could have been done to prevent that?

A double lens snow goggle?
5/20/2020 10:04pm
The tear off post does look a bit brittle so I’m a little worried but hopefully no isssuesSilly
Spooner wrote:
It appears you have the updated version. Is the post clear?
Yes it is. It almost looks like they made it a replaceable wear item

mxer433
5/20/2020 10:30pm
i've used the armega and me personally i wasnt the biggest fan at all, pinched my nose and fogged up and got dirt in them easy. it sounds like im the minority here and im glad haha. I use the Scott prospect and its the best goggle ive worn next to the airbrake. to each their own though!

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3857th
5/21/2020 6:28am
We had to race an enduro in the rain and after the foam got wet (from the rain blowing up there), all of our goggles fogged...
We had to race an enduro in the rain and after the foam got wet (from the rain blowing up there), all of our goggles fogged from the inside.

str8line wrote:

in my experience snow goggles are even worse once moisture gets on the inside of the goggle
nskerb
5/21/2020 7:17am
I know this is kind of a side point but I think fogging up totally depends on the person. I ski a lot (where fogging is a lot more prevalent) and have zero issues, ever, with any goggle. I use old junk oakleys that have cracked lenses and dirty on the inside, and never fog up. I’ll be on the lift happy as a clam with clear lenses right next to friends with fogged up brand new goggles. Some people’s faces and how hot they are has more of an effect than the actual goggle imo.
2Fmx
5/21/2020 7:26am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2020 7:28am
Sorry to twist the thread here but anyone here compared 100% Racecraft / Armega with Fox Vue goggles?

I have a good deal here on Fox Vue's right now and the system to switch the lenses on Vue's is sooo cool. I tried that one out, its pretty easy. I've always had issues with changing lenses, so for example for Trials days I always had to have spare goggle in my bag with clear lens if the conditions happen to go bad and I needed to change from mirrored lens.

But never tried Vue's in terms of fog issues.
Thanks a lot.
basslips
Fantasy
2163rd
5/21/2020 9:20pm
2Fmx wrote:
Sorry to twist the thread here but anyone here compared 100% Racecraft / Armega with Fox Vue goggles? I have a good deal here on Fox...
Sorry to twist the thread here but anyone here compared 100% Racecraft / Armega with Fox Vue goggles?

I have a good deal here on Fox Vue's right now and the system to switch the lenses on Vue's is sooo cool. I tried that one out, its pretty easy. I've always had issues with changing lenses, so for example for Trials days I always had to have spare goggle in my bag with clear lens if the conditions happen to go bad and I needed to change from mirrored lens.

But never tried Vue's in terms of fog issues.
Thanks a lot.
I currently have some some Airbrakes, one set of Fox Vue's and one set of Armega's, and have ran Prospects for a couple years and have been a long time Scott guy.

For me the Fox Vue fitment is great. Changing the lense is pretty straight forward and easy and the goggle is comfortable as long as I really tighten down the strap. Liked them a lot so I ordered up a set of their roll-off's. Wow, they missed the mark there at lease with the cans. Super pain in the ass to open and seem cheap. Almost returned them but liked the goggle so much decided to run them. Also a pain to have to unscrew the cans from the lense to swap in and out of the frame.

The Armega is fine but seems the quality may be a tad lower. Have had issue's with tear-off's, well, tearing around the posts when stacking them, hence falling off. The first clear lense seemed to delaminate or deform so clarity was shit. Never cleaned them with anything other than a little Dawn and warm water. Other issue is the gasket that sits behind the lense has a tendency to stick to the lense and pull out. I've relegated them to trail riding goggles and they work fine for that. They are comfortable and have not fogged.

All that said, I bought 5 sets of Airbrakes last month when they had their 30% sale. (Yes the wife was pissed) The quality and most importantly the fitment for me they are the best. Roll off system is also pretty sweet, except the amount of film in one roll is pretty low.
Jbulz
Fantasy
4086th
5/22/2020 3:05am
I've been using the Armega since it launched last year and have been loving them. I thought the hiper lenses would be a gimmick, as I've always been a "clear lens guy", but holy crap do those lenses let you see details in the track!

I personally haven't had any fogging problems, but 100% also sells dual pane lenses if this is a problem for you.i bought a set and used them for snowmobiling all winter with no issues. I'm thinking 100% should market them as snow goggles in the winter honestly!
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
5/22/2020 7:56am
Has anyone compared the different hiper lens colors? Do certain colors work better in certain conditions?
Spooner
5/22/2020 8:24am
I only have the 'red' hiper lens and it works well in most conditions. If its pretty overcast or darker out the regular blue lens works awesome too. One of the first times I ran them was in a hare scramble that started out sunny and big clouds rolled in by the end and the hiper still was fine so you're not screwed when the sun goes away. On an MX track though with no shade I don't see any of them being a problem.
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
5/22/2020 10:13am
I am thinking of trying these or the Scott Prospect. I have Oakley crowbars right now. Is the wide angle view worth it?
Spooner
5/22/2020 10:40am
So these vs the prospect its a no brainer. For like $10 you get a quick release lens which is injection molded. The Scott is a PITA to change and its a thick lexan lens which is terrible for clarity. Plus the foam is really thin so the seal to your face isn't as good either. Id check them both out at a shop but there is a big difference between the prospect and armega.
5/22/2020 1:26pm
I took the lense out for the first time to wipe it down before I put some tear offs on. It does take a bit more force than the airbrakes to do but it's not bad at all. I'll take five extra minutes to do a lense and have a good seal over getting dirt in my goggles mid Moto.
Motofinne
5/22/2020 10:40pm
Spooner wrote:
So these vs the prospect its a no brainer. For like $10 you get a quick release lens which is injection molded. The Scott is a...
So these vs the prospect its a no brainer. For like $10 you get a quick release lens which is injection molded. The Scott is a PITA to change and its a thick lexan lens which is terrible for clarity. Plus the foam is really thin so the seal to your face isn't as good either. Id check them both out at a shop but there is a big difference between the prospect and armega.
Scott changed the foam on the prospects for the 2019 goggles so the foam is almost twice the thickness of the first version of the Prospect. But other than that, i agree. I'm still using Prospects because i get such a good deal on them but the Armega is the better goggle because of the lens and the quck release mechanism. I still can't understand why Scott doesn't step up and upgrades the lenses on the Prospects?

And to those who hesitate buying the Armegas because of previous bad experiences with 100% goggles (frame pinching the nose, bad sealing, bad lensens etc), don't hesitate. 100% pretty much fixed all that with the Armega goggle!
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
5/23/2020 4:48am
I looked at both yesterday. I noticed the Armega still has the old molded in pin on some goggles but the clear replaceable pin on others. Is the old molded in pin a bad idea? The Scott felt like they matched my face shape better whereas the Armega has to flex out to fit.

Also Scott are made in USA vs made in China Armega.
mooch
Fantasy
431st
5/23/2020 9:37am
Different strokes for different...blah blah blah. I know I'm going against the grain here, but want so say I personally prefer the cheaper Accuris to the Armegas. After buying the Armega, I hardly ever use them as I don't care for the frame which feels very stiff compared to the Accuri. I wear a medium 6D and the Armegas just don't fit my face and helmet opening as well as the Accuris. The lenses on the Armegas may be more optically correct and high end but I have to wear glasses under my goggles anyway which pretty much takes away any benefit the high end lenses may have.
5/24/2020 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2020 9:04am
Finally made it to the track today, WOW these goggles are amazing! If you enjoy riding with a nice wide lense you will love these. Hiper lense worked amazing today in the sun, quite a bit more clear than the prizm lense I usually ride with. I was very surprised because I didn't think lenses could get much better than the prizm. It was about 90 degrees today so I was sweating a ton and no dirt or sweat got inside the goggles all day. No issues getting the goggles on and off throughout the day with the 6D. The nose gaurd definitely adds some confidence on tracks with bad roost so I’ll think I’ll keep it on. Very happy with them, the AirBrakes feel like a kids goggle compared to these Armegas!

Hard to tell while you're riding if the sweat gutter system really works or not but I swear I saw drops of sweat flying out of the goggle while I was riding... haha, maybe I am crazy!

Did I mention that I love these freaking goggles?
5/24/2020 5:32pm
Only issue I had with them was I tried to pull tear off over a table top and couldn’t grab it. I had that down very good with the air brakes but it did take awhile.
SEEMEFIRST
5/24/2020 5:56pm

str8line wrote:

Find a anti fog creme, it's not 100%, but I have found it helps.

I'm so old I still run the velcro strap thingy.
docweedon
5/25/2020 1:09pm
I use the 100% Armega and the Oakley Airbrake goggles. Both are fantastic goggles and really have no complaints about either one. I will say the Oakley prizm lens is just a tad better than the 100% HiPer lens.

Just a note, if you your a friend are running the Oakley Frontline goggles and cannot find the specific tear-offs, the 100% Armega tear-off holes match up and cover about 98% of the lens.
bv
5/28/2020 3:18am
I was a long time airbrake guy but always struggled with fogging in the cold, sweat in the goggles when it was hot and lenses not holding up. I tried some of the original 100 percent goggles like the accuri and racecraft and honestly they just werent for me. After checking out the Armega's in person at last year nationals I was really impressed. I decided to order a pair and try them out. I fell in love with them. All of the positives of the airbrakes but with none of the drawbacks at half the price. Ended up selling off all my airbrakes and switching over to the Armega's.
crowe176
5/28/2020 3:28am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2020 3:29am
nskerb wrote:
I know this is kind of a side point but I think fogging up totally depends on the person. I ski a lot (where fogging is...
I know this is kind of a side point but I think fogging up totally depends on the person. I ski a lot (where fogging is a lot more prevalent) and have zero issues, ever, with any goggle. I use old junk oakleys that have cracked lenses and dirty on the inside, and never fog up. I’ll be on the lift happy as a clam with clear lenses right next to friends with fogged up brand new goggles. Some people’s faces and how hot they are has more of an effect than the actual goggle imo.
If your goggles are fogging up, you’re not going fast enough ammrite

Post a reply to: 100 percent Armega Goggle

The Latest