100 percent Armega Goggle

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2020 6:10 PM

Who has them? Thoughts? I’ve been running AirBrakes since 2016 and want to change it up with something that has better wicking foam, a nose gaurd and doesn’t fog up.

|

5/19/2020 6:16 PM

I've ran them since they came out and I've been happy with them. They definitely seal better than the racecrafts or accuri's for me and I don't have any issue with fogging. The Hiper lens is the same as the prizm lens on the airbrakes and they work awesome. I do think the lens is a little easier to change on the airbrake but the armega certainly isn't bad. It's not super apparent how to latch the lens so watch a video on how to do it before you mess with them too much.

|

5/19/2020 6:18 PM

Which helmet do you run?

|

5/19/2020 6:21 PM

Not sure if you meant me or the OP but I have the Astars SM10.

|

5/19/2020 6:26 PM

i find goggles fogging is almost 100% of the time user error. I've had goggles from nearly every brand and have had times when each of them fog and vice versa.

the armega is a nice looking goggle though. i havent found a lens i like as much as the prizm's from oakley but i havent tried the armega

|

5/19/2020 6:38 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Which helmet do you run?

6D ATR2. The airbrakes feel small in it, haha. I’m not too worried about fitment

|

5/19/2020 6:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2020 6:45 PM

Cracked my frame after a couple rides. They were still strong/usable and lasted until i graciously slid my head against some hard desert road. Lenses are scratched to hell but if I had spare lenses i'd run them.

|

5/19/2020 6:45 PM

Is the foam any better than the airbrake foam though? When I get done riding for ten minutes the foam in my airbrakes is SOAKED. Does the sweat gutter system on the Armegas really work?

|

5/19/2020 6:48 PM

you ever washed your airbrakes? throw them in the washing machine on gentle. chances are your foam is dirty and clogged.

|

5/19/2020 6:56 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Which helmet do you run?

vitalriderCrf wrote:

6D ATR2. The airbrakes feel small in it, haha. I’m not too worried about fitment

Well only reason I ask is because certain goggles fit on your face differently depending on the helmet and they all look different. I make 3D models and have mock ups if you were interested in how they may look. Here's the 6D and Armegas for example.

Photo

|

5/19/2020 7:11 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Which helmet do you run?

vitalriderCrf wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

Well only reason I ask is because certain goggles fit on your face differently depending on the helmet and they all look different. I make 3D models and have mock ups if you were interested in how they may look. Here's the 6D and Armegas for example.

Photo

That’s cool, I’m just hoping the nose gaurd fits.

|

5/19/2020 7:13 PM

vitalriderCrf wrote:

The Armega nose guard fits without issue on the 6D.

|

5/19/2020 8:17 PM

aeffertz wrote:

Photo

vitalriderCrf wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

The Armega nose guard fits without issue on the 6D.

Awesome thanks

|

5/20/2020 4:49 AM

I have 2 pair. I bought a pair when they first came out. I've always been a Scott guy but I was intrigued by the Armega.
The lens is crystal clear and the fit is spot on for me. Very high quality.

|

5/20/2020 5:01 AM

I have had 4 pairs now and really like them. No issues with sweat or fogging, they fit well inside my Formula and the clarity of vision is excellent. The only complaint is I've had the tear off post on the frame break on two pairs in the washing machine.

|

5/20/2020 5:22 AM

navalseabee wrote:

I have had 4 pairs now and really like them. No issues with sweat or fogging, they fit well inside my Formula and the clarity of vision is excellent. The only complaint is I've had the tear off post on the frame break on two pairs in the washing machine.

They updated that to a new design now that won’t break. I had the same issue.

|

5/20/2020 5:33 AM

Do prescription glasses fit well inside the Armega??

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

5/20/2020 7:41 AM

soggy wrote:

i find goggles fogging is almost 100% of the time user error. I've had goggles from nearly every brand and have had times when each of them fog and vice versa.

the armega is a nice looking goggle though. i havent found a lens i like as much as the prizm's from oakley but i havent tried the armega

We had to race an enduro in the rain and after the foam got wet (from the rain blowing up there), all of our goggles fogged from the inside.

What could have been done to prevent that?

|

2015 Kawasaki KX 250F
2015 GasGas TXT Racing 125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125
2018 KTM 150 XC-W

5/20/2020 7:48 AM

Best goggle I've ever used, I get dirt inside most goggles under heavy roost. Never happened with these. I am pissed that the tear off tab broke though.

|

5/20/2020 8:45 AM

navalseabee wrote:

Spooner wrote:

They updated that to a new design now that won’t break. I had the same issue.

Good to know

|

5/20/2020 10:34 AM

soggy wrote:

you ever washed your airbrakes? throw them in the washing machine on gentle. chances are your foam is dirty and clogged.

You’re not telling me what I want to hear, I’m just trying to justify spending $120 on some new goggles😂 but yeah I’m sure washing could help. Haha, but they’re also four years old so that’s a lot of ride time on them for me

|

5/20/2020 10:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2020 12:28 PM

ob wrote:

Best goggle I've ever used, I get dirt inside most goggles under heavy roost. Never happened with these. I am pissed that the tear off tab broke though.

Dirt inside the goggle happens a lot too. It happened last time I raced in February during a moto, I was pissed.

|

5/20/2020 11:03 AM

soggy wrote:

vitalriderCrf wrote:

You’re not telling me what I want to hear, I’m just trying to justify spending $120 on some new goggles😂 but yeah I’m sure washing could help. Haha, but they’re also four years old so that’s a lot of ride time on them for me

Check out eBay. I found a black set for $80 shipped I believe. Mirror lens, not hyper though

|

5/20/2020 12:30 PM

soggy wrote:

vitalriderCrf wrote:

GoggleFiend904 wrote:

Check out eBay. I found a black set for $80 shipped I believe. Mirror lens, not hyper though

No worries, I definitely want the hyper lense though and a specific color. Gonna go down to my dealer after work and check them out.

|

5/20/2020 3:05 PM

ob wrote:

I've had that happen on 2 pair, from roost... they were early production goggles. My new goggles have a thicker and shorter post. Haven't had an issue with the new versions.

I have 4 pair, awesome goggle system, fit good with am Laett helmet.

|

5/20/2020 6:17 PM

Third ride with them today. Couldn't ask for them to be any better..

|

5/20/2020 6:20 PM

Thank you guys for all the help, they feel really damn good. No issues with fitment with the 6D. Hopefully a ride report this weekend! Photo

|

5/20/2020 6:32 PM

I would say for sure that the Armega handles not fogging up allot better then Airbrakes.

My son races arenacross which runs during the winter months, which can get pretty cold at in the night shows. I have Airbrakes and would let him use them as his X-brands that his sponsored by would really fog up when it would get cold. Although the Airbrakes were better then the X-brands they would still fog up at some point.

After talking with a buddy that had the Armega's he said my son could borrow a pair for the next weekend to tryout.
He had absolutely zero issues with the Armega's and fogging issues. The lens in both the Airbrakes and the Armega's were both new also. I personally still prefer my Oakley's but my son has now switched from EKS to the Armega's.

Take that for what its worth but for us they definitely work better in our situation.

|

5/20/2020 6:49 PM

The tear off post does look a bit brittle so I’m a little worried but hopefully no isssuessilly

|

5/20/2020 6:50 PM

soggy wrote:

HighPlainsSquid wrote:

We had to race an enduro in the rain and after the foam got wet (from the rain blowing up there), all of our goggles fogged from the inside.

What could have been done to prevent that?

nothing but any goggle will fog if that happens.

|