10 years ago they knew Suzuki was done.

Edited Date/Time 11/29/2020 9:18pm
MXA saw the demise of suzuki 10 years ago. Id say the last great bike they made was the 2006 Rm 250 https://motocrossactionmag.com/amp/on-the-record-complete-test-of-the-2…

MXA saw the writing on the wall when "they man" was leaving. Their 4 strokes just kept getting heavier and heavier.

“It is our hope that Hi-Torque will recognize the problems they are having with Motocross Action and proactively address the issue. If and when Motocross Action begins fair, objective journalism we will reevaluate our decision. Additionally, we have no quarrel with other magazines published by Hi-Torque and will continue to recognize those publications.”

https://motocrossactionmag.com/amp/on-the-record-complete-test-of-the-2…

Now with the Marine division and the motorcycle division is the end of the once great brand that was the beginning of the Japanese domination of motocross? I hope not.

|
11/28/2020 9:36am
Im a massive fan of the RM250, I currently own three of em (2x 2008 & 1x1992)

Despite feeling really keen to read that article of the test of the 2006 RM, after reading such a trash talking post, I cannot bring myself to click on that link.

I don't think I'll ever click on an MXA link ever again tbh..

Give it up guys..
numbers
11/28/2020 9:46am Edited Date/Time 11/28/2020 3:37pm
Im a massive fan of the RM250, I currently own three of em (2x 2008 & 1x1992) Despite feeling really keen to read that article of...

Despite feeling really keen to read that article of the test of the 2006 RM, after reading such a trash talking post, I cannot bring myself to click on that link.

Give it up guys..
The RM 125 is and will always be one of the funnest bikes to ride on a track. They feel light and corner amazing. The power output has been their only issue but for the fun factor their hard to beat.
Ryan625
11/28/2020 9:51am
numbers wrote:
The RM 125 is and will always be one of the funnest bikes to ride on a track. They feel light and corner amazing. The power...
The RM 125 is and will always be one of the funnest bikes to ride on a track. They feel light and corner amazing. The power output has been their only issue but for the fun factor their hard to beat.
I managed to make mine pretty quick...for a 125

The Shop

Sprew
11/28/2020 9:53am
numbers wrote:
The RM 125 is and will always be one of the funnest bikes to ride on a track. They feel light and corner amazing. The power...
How funny is it? 🤡
OLDMOTO
11/28/2020 10:08am
Im a massive fan of the RM250, I currently own three of em (2x 2008 & 1x1992) Despite feeling really keen to read that article of...

Give it up guys..
numbers wrote:
Most fun to ride. Corner amazingly.
numbers
11/28/2020 10:19am
numbers wrote:
Ryan625 wrote:
I managed to make mine pretty quick...for a 125 [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/11/28/462253/s1200_0CC52A4E_0BCF_4C48_8560_9CCC0427F9C4.jpg[/img]
I managed to make mine pretty quick...for a 125

Ill never forget when Robbie Reynard passed Carmichael on his Rm 125 at Unadilla. That ride was one of the best I have ever seen. His bike was dialed.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/28/2020 10:56am
They knew? Or they spewed crap and the majority bought into their trash without ever throwing a leg over the bike for themselves?

I used to like and read MXA, but got to a point where I could not stand how they think they are so much better than everyone else because they “race test” their bikes on the same damn track over and over and over again for their shootout that comes out long after everyone has already bought their new bike of choice. I have friends that work for HT so at times I feel bad for not supporting one of their mags, but I can’t stand the arrogance from MXA.
Yeti831
11/28/2020 11:00am
MXA saw the demise of suzuki 10 years ago. Id say the last great bike they made was the 2006 Rm 250 https://motocrossactionmag.com/amp/on-the-record-complete-test-of-the-2006-suzuki-rm250-two-stroke/ MXA saw the...
MXA saw the demise of suzuki 10 years ago. Id say the last great bike they made was the 2006 Rm 250 https://motocrossactionmag.com/amp/on-the-record-complete-test-of-the-2…

MXA saw the writing on the wall when "they man" was leaving. Their 4 strokes just kept getting heavier and heavier.

“It is our hope that Hi-Torque will recognize the problems they are having with Motocross Action and proactively address the issue. If and when Motocross Action begins fair, objective journalism we will reevaluate our decision. Additionally, we have no quarrel with other magazines published by Hi-Torque and will continue to recognize those publications.”

Now with the Marine division and the motorcycle division is the end of the once great brand that was the beginning of the Japanese domination of motocross? I hope not.

Last great bike?

Idk dude, the 2010-2014 chassis was pretty damn awesome, and the 2015-2017 was held back by bad suspension specs.

skeef
Fantasy
1421st
11/28/2020 11:16am
They just won the most prestigious motorcycle title in the world. So hopefully it fuels a positive push within all aspects of their motorcycle division.
11/28/2020 12:41pm

Give it up guys..
numbers wrote:
Completely true, and they don't make it anymore or care about what we think. To many marketing hacks not enough engineers.
11/28/2020 12:43pm
MXA saw the demise of suzuki 10 years ago. Id say the last great bike they made was the 2006 Rm 250 https://motocrossactionmag.com/amp/on-the-record-complete-test-of-the-2006-suzuki-rm250-two-stroke/ MXA saw the...

Yeti831 wrote:
Last great bike?

Idk dude, the 2010-2014 chassis was pretty damn awesome, and the 2015-2017 was held back by bad suspension specs.

260 with fuel. Not moto.
silver753
11/28/2020 12:44pm
Motocross action is usually the bible for +40 C class vets. They could say the hot set up is 70lbs of pressure in your front tire, and you'd see every vet at the track with 70lbs of pressure in their front tire. That's the reason why you see a 280lb vet with the stock fork and shock springs on their KX450 saying the Suzuki will hold them back, too heavy, not good enough for them.

I really don't hear too many younger fast guys going off of what MXA says. This is all my opinion obviously. I can't read MXA too much because they say have to throw in "dichotomy", "conundrum", "paradoxically" and "poppycock" a little too much. A little bit like reading an essay from a 7th grader that dwells on the literature aspect too much and not the content. Or it was written by a 70 year old English professor. Do those guys talk like that in real life?
endurox
11/28/2020 1:00pm
silver753 wrote:
Motocross action is usually the bible for +40 C class vets. They could say the hot set up is 70lbs of pressure in your front tire...
Motocross action is usually the bible for +40 C class vets. They could say the hot set up is 70lbs of pressure in your front tire, and you'd see every vet at the track with 70lbs of pressure in their front tire. That's the reason why you see a 280lb vet with the stock fork and shock springs on their KX450 saying the Suzuki will hold them back, too heavy, not good enough for them.

I really don't hear too many younger fast guys going off of what MXA says. This is all my opinion obviously. I can't read MXA too much because they say have to throw in "dichotomy", "conundrum", "paradoxically" and "poppycock" a little too much. A little bit like reading an essay from a 7th grader that dwells on the literature aspect too much and not the content. Or it was written by a 70 year old English professor. Do those guys talk like that in real life?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/28/2020 1:11pm

Yeti831 wrote:
Last great bike?

260 with fuel. Not moto.
Lol 260 with fuel?? Laughing
Your hate for Suzuki is showing
11/28/2020 1:15pm
numbers wrote:
Sprew wrote:
How funny is it? 🤡
The funniest 😜
11/28/2020 1:30pm
Yeti831 wrote:
Last great bike?

260 with fuel. Not moto.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Your obviously biased. My dad was a tester and would NEVER by them. I don't believe in brand fan boydem. Whatever the best bike is i buy. Raced Kawis KTMs Yamaha Husqvarna, RM250 two stroke is one of my all time favorites. I love old XR 600s,,, I don't like the YZ450, feels top heavy and wants to stand up in a rut however the Yz250 is the best in the class.
If you have the works parts the RMZ is badass however the stock yellow hog is an embarrassment to such a prestigious companies racing heritage.
Sorry 259.5 lbs
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/28/2020 1:38pm
260 with fuel. Not moto.
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Your obviously biased. My dad was a tester and would NEVER by them. I don't believe in brand fan boydem. Whatever the best bike is i...
Your obviously biased. My dad was a tester and would NEVER by them. I don't believe in brand fan boydem. Whatever the best bike is i buy. Raced Kawis KTMs Yamaha Husqvarna, RM250 two stroke is one of my all time favorites. I love old XR 600s,,, I don't like the YZ450, feels top heavy and wants to stand up in a rut however the Yz250 is the best in the class.
If you have the works parts the RMZ is badass however the stock yellow hog is an embarrassment to such a prestigious companies racing heritage.
Sorry 259.5 lbs
Lol I have no loyalty to Suzuki. I didn’t pay for mine so I have no need to justify a purchase. The 17 I’m riding is my first Suzuki. I’ve ridden mostly Kawi’s and Yamaha’s throughout my years of riding/racing. My 17 is almost completely stock other than a slip on and I’m not better or worse riding it than I would be on literally any other bike. And there is no way it weighs 259.5 pounds. Fuel and oil adds almost 20 pounds? Ya, not happening.

Your comment of “the stock yellow hog” says enough about you and your hate for the Suzuki. You Suzuki haters are the absolute worst. Don’t like it? Don’t buy it! Simple as that. Instead you all run your mouths and talk shit about a bike that wouldn’t change your riding ability at all.
MXMattii
11/28/2020 2:05pm
The new president likes racing so things are looking good
Don't think so..

Strijbos’ Suzuki project won’t continue – uncertain future!

“No, the Suzuki project is not going to be continued unfortunately. I tried really hard but they don’t want to supply bikes and parts for next year. It is a real shame I think for the brand but it’s the way it is now. Suzuki have always been good to me and I hope soon they will return to the MXGP paddock”, Strijbos told GateDrop.com.

Full story on GateDrop.com
Bruce372
11/28/2020 2:27pm
Loved everyone of my 5 suzuki mx bikes since 2002.

Including...

2005 rm250, amazing bike that won an sx title.

2004 rm144, when worked on made amazing power with the ktm copied engine.

2015 rmz450 was also an amazing bike that won a outdoors title.

Unfortunately, that 2015 model was already a little dated and i struggled to see how it improved as all the other bikes were getting lighter and more refined.

I do find it strange how people get so upset about people comparing motorcycles objectively, based upon fact and data vs sentiment.

Even more strange that so many people defend such observations but wont/don't own a suzuki themselves.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/28/2020 2:51pm
silver753 wrote:
Fuel is 8lbs per gallon.
No, that’s a gallon of water. Gas is 6.3 pounds
Chance1216
11/28/2020 3:18pm
Just waiting to hear, the Suzuki doesn’t have the magic button. Already heard , “ MY DADDY IS A TESTER” LOL.

cwel11
11/28/2020 4:21pm
Jesus this thread is something else. 1. Suzuki’s aren’t bad bikes by any means. I personally don’t own one but would never rule it out. Everyone who has one seems to like em. 2. Suzuki is behind other brands in R and D. and not just the electric start. Which may be why you can find better deals on Suzuki’s. (Also not a bad thing). 3. MXA isn’t the devil. Like every magazine/website they’ve got stuff I agree with and stuff I disagree with, but it’s not even debatable, they have some of the most in depth bike tests out there, and I’m not a 40+C rider....I’m 40 B 🙄
BigBoreFan58
11/28/2020 4:30pm
silver753 wrote:
Motocross action is usually the bible for +40 C class vets. They could say the hot set up is 70lbs of pressure in your front tire...

You forgot "wrecking crew".

kkawboy14
11/28/2020 5:17pm
Seemed like there was as many Suzuki’s at the mini o as there was Honda’s

Post a reply to: 10 years ago they knew Suzuki was done.

The Latest