$10,000 Pro purse at Desoto MX

7/6/2021 7:51am
peltier626 wrote:
No need to look up profile, just look to the left under the picture. Not sure how it comes across on a phone but on a...
No need to look up profile, just look to the left under the picture. Not sure how it comes across on a phone but on a computer it shows the location of user. Your's states Denham. On any given weekend there are more riders practicing at Louisiana tracks than at a race. Most tracks average between 60-100 riders on any given day with 3-5 tracks operating at the same time. 300+ is rare for a race around here but a step in the right direction.
Hey sir. Just a heads up - when you’re looking at Vital on mobile, it does not show a commenters location. That’s a desktop only feature. I’d guess La moto is on mobile.

Put the swords down, yall.
7/6/2021 7:59am
One Pro class is plenty with the amount of entries they have these days.
That would make it even worse. There’s hardly enough incentive to move up as it stands now. Don’t penalize the guys that put the work in and made the jump at some point.

There is an ideological issue in the industry that stems from the OEM’s telling their racers to steer clear of local events. The contract-hopefuls see that as the “professional way” so they fall in line. The local guys are left to make the money, but imagine being a B rider used to winning who now has to move up and race Short, Floyd, Harmon, Murray-Barr, Baumert… all final-boss talented athletes.

The next gen doesn’t have the desire to earn their stripes. They quit racing, throw whips for the gram, earn clout and call it good.

I applaud anyone that moves up.
Johnny Depp
7/6/2021 8:22am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2021 8:27am
One Pro class is plenty with the amount of entries they have these days.
That would make it even worse. There’s hardly enough incentive to move up as it stands now. Don’t penalize the guys that put the work in...
That would make it even worse. There’s hardly enough incentive to move up as it stands now. Don’t penalize the guys that put the work in and made the jump at some point.

There is an ideological issue in the industry that stems from the OEM’s telling their racers to steer clear of local events. The contract-hopefuls see that as the “professional way” so they fall in line. The local guys are left to make the money, but imagine being a B rider used to winning who now has to move up and race Short, Floyd, Harmon, Murray-Barr, Baumert… all final-boss talented athletes.

The next gen doesn’t have the desire to earn their stripes. They quit racing, throw whips for the gram, earn clout and call it good.

I applaud anyone that moves up.
Look at the results, it's Short and Floyd in both classes. BORING. The same thing happens every time there is a big purse. No one wants to see 7 guys racing, fill up the gates.

There also seems to be no evidence that a big Pro purse will bring spectators or amateur entries. What is the point then?
7/6/2021 9:20am
Look at the results, it's Short and Floyd in both classes. BORING. The same thing happens every time there is a big purse. No one wants...
Look at the results, it's Short and Floyd in both classes. BORING. The same thing happens every time there is a big purse. No one wants to see 7 guys racing, fill up the gates.

There also seems to be no evidence that a big Pro purse will bring spectators or amateur entries. What is the point then?
You say fill up the gates. What do you think track owners should do for that?

Also, the swan pro challenge is a shining example it does in fact work.

The Shop

CLT809
Fantasy
9th
7/6/2021 6:39pm
You say fill up the gates. What do you think track owners should do for that? Also, the swan pro challenge is a shining example it...
You say fill up the gates. What do you think track owners should do for that?

Also, the swan pro challenge is a shining example it does in fact work.
I would also second this by adding last year Pine Bluff MX in Arkansas had a 10k pro purse, and even with having to reschedule (due to rain) on top of the moto playground race in Ponca it brought out a bunch of pros and more spectators than I’ve seen at an Arkansas mx race since I started in 2002. I hadn’t seen an amateur turnout that big in the natural state since 2010-12.
7/6/2021 9:35pm
GabeM wrote:
Do pros still race both classes at these things? I see a few but it used to be the way to go.
There are a lot of guys that can’t afford two $9k motorcycles. It’s tough for A riders because 1. One 250f gets roached quick but you...
There are a lot of guys that can’t afford two $9k motorcycles. It’s tough for A riders because

1. One 250f gets roached quick but you can race both classes
2. One 250 two stroke is solid but disadvantaged in the start against both 4 strokes
3. One 450 lasts all year but you can only race one class.

Pick your poison. There is no perfect choice.
Even say a mod cr250 would be at a disadvantage on starts. I know the 250f,s hv come a long way. I was in Louisiana Love the muggy weather. Had a 2 stop load, loaded backwards, unload trl with a pallet jack 3 times. Next was a corrosive flammable acid liquid load, most fill plugs leaked, ovr weight reloaded twice. I got gasses lungs burning couldn’t breath for 3 minutes, eyes burning. Hazmat team was called in to unload. 90 phone calls and text, the 4th weekend wasn’t so great. Even holding my breath with closed eyes, open the door 1 foot and your gassed. I could smell the trailer 250 ft away.

Post a reply to: $10,000 Pro purse at Desoto MX

The Latest