1 piece tuff blocks

chuckdavies
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 9:38am
I'm not sure if they're already out there, and may have been mentioned already (if so feel free to let me know and delete), but after seriously injuring 2 riders at the weekend and quite possibly have been life changing injuries due to a tuff block cover getting hooked up on canards bike, surely its about time to get rid of them or do something about it?

If a 1 piece tuff block wouldn't be any harder to make (just printed on logos instead of covers) or something else could mean this incident wouldn't have happened apart from canard maybe getting hooked up on the tuff block before he took off the triple at half pace.

What's your thoughts?
|
Smitch
1/23/2012 4:35am
As a professional foam contractor, I would suggest that the removable covers are necessary to clean them. The tracks are made out of 'dirt.'
ocscottie
1/23/2012 4:41am
I could of sworn we have had a discussion about this in the past...? might of had something to do with the cost or changing sponsorship....shit i dont recall, maybe someone can refresh my memory?...it is almost 5am and at this point i am having a hard time even remembering my middle name Dizzy
hellion
1/23/2012 5:20am
Someone will need to get killed first. Then the sanctioning body will act like they have some great idea and impliment one piece blocks. Really, it's a wonder we haven't had it happen already. I can't count the times I've seen guys with banners in their rear wheels. You just hope they realize it before they do go for the triple or commit to skimming the whoops. Make the sponsor buy the blocks and be responsible for replacing the 'dirty' ones.
VOODOO27
1/23/2012 5:48am
Make them full wraps with a zipper to secure them to the 'block'. They can make the bottoms have a no-slide finish and dirt colored. So, the track workers don't put them back on the edge of the track upside down or side ways, pissing the sponsors off Smile

It can't be that hard to quickly come up with a solution to the problem. Nothing like throwing in made made obstacles for the racers think about avoiding to keep from accidentally getting seriously hurt. Maybe the fan will want the sport to get a little more extreme before it goes UFC status.... next thing you know they'll have 5-6 tuff blokes that will be positioned in various place ON the track, before the start of each race that the riders will have to avoid crashing into/onto.

The Shop

nickm
1/23/2012 6:14am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 6:14am
They can vynil wrap vehicles and its on there so tight you are hard pressed to tell that its wrapped vs being a paint job..they also go 85mph down a freeway and nothing comes off...why can't they vynil wrap the blocks so the damn things don't fall apart when someone looks at them?
1/23/2012 6:24am
tuf block covers are not a great idea!! I believe that all feld is out to do is make a pretty dollar... I saw tuf box problems all weekend the two big ones that i question why do we have covers are the Trey and Ryan Crash and also at Dayton AX Steven Mages, in practice, they had a tuf block in the middle of the rhythm section (it was on steaks so it does not move). Steven caught the cover and went end over end... He was ok but his bike not soo much.... What is the problem that they cannot make it on piece and have no cover... I know we have to promote the sponsors of the race (so feld can gain millions more) but why can't we have a one piece tuf block... How hard is it to power wash the dirt off.... Oh I'm sorry that would cost more money.... I hope one day Feld will think of the riders instead of the money!!!! All it takes is a sad tragic instance and then just then they may think about it... Get well soon trey and ryan!!!!!
CrashMaster
1/23/2012 6:25am
Man you can't even ride over the damn things, like a good ol' haybale...
TannerMxer
1/23/2012 7:44am
ocscottie wrote:
I could of sworn we have had a discussion about this in the past...? might of had something to do with the cost or changing sponsorship....shit...
I could of sworn we have had a discussion about this in the past...? might of had something to do with the cost or changing sponsorship....shit i dont recall, maybe someone can refresh my memory?...it is almost 5am and at this point i am having a hard time even remembering my middle name Dizzy
If Feld was smart, they could make the advertisers pay for their own printed blocks. I guess it could push some away, but write in specifications for the blocks and then tell them to provide them for each race.

Post a reply to: 1 piece tuff blocks

The Latest