1 Month Update: 2019 Honda CRF450R Works Edition + My Suspension Settings

Related:
Create New Tag

11/30/2018 8:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2018 8:53 AM

What's up guys. After riding the new bike for about a month, I decided to sit down and talk about everything I like, dislike, and think are worthy first-upgrades as well as telling you guys what i'm doing with the suspension to fix the front-end issues I was experiencing. I've been getting a lot of questions on what i'm doing to the bike in terms of parts and suspension setup, so hopefully this answers some of those!

Here's a chart with my current suspension settings. This is on 100% stock internals and oil levels. Like I said in the video, I mostly ride sandier tracks down here in Florida, so it might not be the best if you ride hard pack. If you decide to try them out, let me know what you think! *Disclaimer: I'm not a suspension guru by any means, but these settings definitely improved my comfort and helped me feel much more aggressive, especially coming hot into corners.

Photo
|

11/30/2018 9:44 AM

I am not a suspension guru either and maybe someone can explain if I am wrong. But if back the clickers out from fully seated or clockwise and you start turning them counter-clockwise that is softening up the suspension. So for instance you said you backed the rebound out 2 clicks from stock and that made it faster. Doesn't that actually slow the rebound down and make it slower? Maybe I am backwards.

|

2015 YZ250F

11/30/2018 9:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/30/2018 9:50 AM

^^The OP is correct when you soften the rebound setting the rebound speed is faster. When you loosen the rebound screw it allows more oil to flow so the shock rebounds faster.

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

11/30/2018 9:50 AM

Rebound adjustment controls a needle which blocks a bleed hole. So when it is all the way clockwise, the hole is mostly block. As you back it out, the hole gets bigger allowing more oil to flow, making the movement easier thus faster.

|

11/30/2018 10:07 AM

Thanks I was confused.

|

2015 YZ250F

11/30/2018 11:38 AM

Good stuff, thanks Jeff.

|

11/30/2018 11:39 AM

JeffWalker841 wrote:

What's up guys. After riding the new bike for about a month, I decided to sit down and talk about everything I like, dislike, ...more

Great summary. More people should share this kind of info. Special faster Pros! Well done smile

|