#1: MXGP of Russia – June 13

gt80rider
6/14/2021 9:23am
hardpack is natural???? LOL .... ok... if you live on rocks i guess.... but all the "natural" dirt I know of, dirt that isn't trampled by cows, trucks or bikes, is quite soft..... which planet you living on???

to my real point.... man, that track and TV package SUCKS........ recorded one of the races on DirecTV and it turned out to be golf....... like old Tiger woods golf.... the track was the worst looking track I've seen in years.... even my shitty local tracks that rarely see a dozer are better than that one....

in the 250 race, the one where the dude tried to eat an engine case, two dudes crashed on the same face by scrubbing too hard.... LOL..... seriously reminded me of a race i watched last fall in 250C class......
ATKpilot99
6/14/2021 9:33am
gt80rider wrote:
hardpack is natural???? LOL .... ok... if you live on rocks i guess.... but all the "natural" dirt I know of, dirt that isn't trampled by...
hardpack is natural???? LOL .... ok... if you live on rocks i guess.... but all the "natural" dirt I know of, dirt that isn't trampled by cows, trucks or bikes, is quite soft..... which planet you living on???

to my real point.... man, that track and TV package SUCKS........ recorded one of the races on DirecTV and it turned out to be golf....... like old Tiger woods golf.... the track was the worst looking track I've seen in years.... even my shitty local tracks that rarely see a dozer are better than that one....

in the 250 race, the one where the dude tried to eat an engine case, two dudes crashed on the same face by scrubbing too hard.... LOL..... seriously reminded me of a race i watched last fall in 250C class......
That's the soil in that area. Trucking loam in would be more natural ? Colorado was a step in the right direction for our series in my opinion. Not tilled deep chocolate cake with rice hulls added . Remember those ? Maybe racing on some not so perfect surfaces will get our guys competitive on the world stage again.
jgmdr520
6/14/2021 9:48am
Does anyone know how to watch these races, not live, but like today or days after they have happened? The packages on mxgptv are difficult to decipher which ones would allow this.
6/14/2021 10:13am
gt80rider wrote:
hardpack is natural???? LOL .... ok... if you live on rocks i guess.... but all the "natural" dirt I know of, dirt that isn't trampled by...

lucky for you you dont have to watch it ..

The Shop

250 cross
6/14/2021 11:09am
Motofinne wrote:
I like the Russian track. It's freaking sketchy but everyone knows that and has to find the limits of the track. And i thought they made...
I like the Russian track. It's freaking sketchy but everyone knows that and has to find the limits of the track. And i thought they made some good changes to make it safer to this year.
I thought the track was an excellent challenge for professional riders. Some of the non-flowing sections were very interesting. It separated the men from the boys. Great to demonstrate their varying skills but not good for me to ride on.
Johnny Depp
6/14/2021 12:09pm
Not up on current GP points, but a 3 way tie in points for 8/9/10 with 2 riders having DNF’s doesn’t pass the smell test. New Math…
6/14/2021 12:43pm
tek14 wrote:
Medical flag for last laps MXGP was probably Sihvonen #147 with separated shoulder.
There’s something about this incident that upsets me quite a bit. He crashed and blew his shoulder, and they didn’t get it back in place at the track because apparently the medics didn’t speak English. How on earth is something like this possible? What if it’s something more serious than a wonky shoulder? Ffs stuff like this can’t be allowed.
Bearuno
6/14/2021 2:01pm
gt80rider wrote:

Well, I live at the base of the Blue Mountains, between them and a River, in NSW Australia.

And, much of my local riding consists of the Sandstone based Mountains = Either Sand, or Hard, Hardpack. And, a fair shitload of base Rock. That's the Natural Terrain I mostly have.

But, I'm also lucky to have a mate with land just a few Ks further down the river, on the flood plain, so I do get to ride in beautiful, dark loam, when I want. I'm lucky that way. But, I ride Sand, Hardpack and Rocks, far better than I do Loam.......... It comes from riding it most of my long life.

It's a f**king Big country, is Australia, so we've got everybloodything when it comes to geology. Though, as the driest continent on Earth, much of it is Sand or Hardpack, or base Rock.

You, I guess, have perfect Loam, all the time, and don't ride anything but ??????

As to the coverage. Unlike a few that had problems with their paid streams ( and that must really suck, I feel for the poor blighters), my sub to MXGP is always perfect (nearly - I've had, perhaps 2 problems in many, many years of getting the GPs through the MXGPTV subscription) . And I'm far from inclined to praise that prick, Luongo The Drongo. Whatever your Direct TV is, it doesn't read like it's a straight MXGPTV stream. 'Direct TV', might be f**king it up for you.
motoman617
6/15/2021 12:20am
jgmdr520 wrote:
Does anyone know how to watch these races, not live, but like today or days after they have happened? The packages on mxgptv are difficult to...
Does anyone know how to watch these races, not live, but like today or days after they have happened? The packages on mxgptv are difficult to decipher which ones would allow this.
I bought the 2021 season package on MXGP-TV on Saturday then watched all the replays on Sunday night. No problem and nothing on the site gave away the results. Watched the second MXGP race again tonight because I was putzing around with video settings the first time I watched it.

What are most of you guys doing to get the best quality video. I tried airplay from my iPhone to my Sony OLED TV and also tried via HDMI from my laptop. I also tried both to a different TV just to see.. Video playback was fine but I was not really thrilled about the video quality. Just curious what most people are doing and how it looks.
teamddr
6/15/2021 12:28am
gt80rider wrote:

Bearuno wrote:
Well, I live at the base of the Blue Mountains, between them and a River, in NSW Australia. And, much of my local riding consists of...
Well, I live at the base of the Blue Mountains, between them and a River, in NSW Australia.

And, much of my local riding consists of the Sandstone based Mountains = Either Sand, or Hard, Hardpack. And, a fair shitload of base Rock. That's the Natural Terrain I mostly have.

But, I'm also lucky to have a mate with land just a few Ks further down the river, on the flood plain, so I do get to ride in beautiful, dark loam, when I want. I'm lucky that way. But, I ride Sand, Hardpack and Rocks, far better than I do Loam.......... It comes from riding it most of my long life.

It's a f**king Big country, is Australia, so we've got everybloodything when it comes to geology. Though, as the driest continent on Earth, much of it is Sand or Hardpack, or base Rock.

You, I guess, have perfect Loam, all the time, and don't ride anything but ??????

As to the coverage. Unlike a few that had problems with their paid streams ( and that must really suck, I feel for the poor blighters), my sub to MXGP is always perfect (nearly - I've had, perhaps 2 problems in many, many years of getting the GPs through the MXGPTV subscription) . And I'm far from inclined to praise that prick, Luongo The Drongo. Whatever your Direct TV is, it doesn't read like it's a straight MXGPTV stream. 'Direct TV', might be f**king it up for you.
I’ve been to the blue mountains, you sir live in a beautiful part of the world.
CZAR
6/15/2021 5:35am
motoman617 wrote:
I bought the 2021 season package on MXGP-TV on Saturday then watched all the replays on Sunday night. No problem and nothing on the site gave...
I bought the 2021 season package on MXGP-TV on Saturday then watched all the replays on Sunday night. No problem and nothing on the site gave away the results. Watched the second MXGP race again tonight because I was putzing around with video settings the first time I watched it.

What are most of you guys doing to get the best quality video. I tried airplay from my iPhone to my Sony OLED TV and also tried via HDMI from my laptop. I also tried both to a different TV just to see.. Video playback was fine but I was not really thrilled about the video quality. Just curious what most people are doing and how it looks.
video quality it's crap. Also video direction. We have been complaining about all this f****g s***t for years and nothing changes. I'm italian and really hope YS and Luongo go to hell soon.
agn5008
Fantasy
317th
6/15/2021 5:44am
bowl wrote:
Spewing caroli went down.
Was looking solid in second.
Febvre should of won yesterday.
The guy who “should have” won did win. I’d love to hear your logic behind thinking someone other than Gajser should have won.
bowl
6/15/2021 6:35am
bowl wrote:
agn5008 wrote:
The guy who “should have” won did win. I’d love to hear your logic behind thinking someone other than Gajser should have won.
You watch the 2 nd moto.?
Febvre makes clean pass ,there is no way Tim would of caught him.
agn5008
Fantasy
317th
6/15/2021 6:40am Edited Date/Time 6/15/2021 6:44am
bowl wrote:
agn5008 wrote:
bowl wrote:
I watched Gajser come from almost dead last to make a whole bunch of clean passes, including on Febvre, to take the win.

I really hope you’re just fishing and not actually this dense.

Maybe Febvre should learn how to pass like Gajser. People like you think whoever sets the fastest lap should automatically be crowned the winner. I can’t imagine a more stupid way to crown a winner in a motocross race.
bowl
6/15/2021 6:45am Edited Date/Time 6/15/2021 6:47am
agn5008 wrote:
bowl wrote:
agn5008 wrote:
I watched Gajser come from almost dead last to make a whole bunch of clean passes, including on Febvre, to take the win. I really hope...
I watched Gajser come from almost dead last to make a whole bunch of clean passes, including on Febvre, to take the win.

Maybe Febvre should learn how to pass like Gajser. People like you think whoever sets the fastest lap should automatically be crowned the winner. I can’t imagine a more stupid way to crown a winner in a motocross race.
Clean pass on jonas n fevbre wins...
He didn't have to make a pass on fevbre , fevbre gifted it to him
agn5008
Fantasy
317th
6/15/2021 7:29am
bowl wrote:
agn5008 wrote:
I watched Gajser come from almost dead last to make a whole bunch of clean passes, including on Febvre, to take the win. I really hope...

bowl wrote:
Laughing
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
6/15/2021 7:37am
bowl wrote:
agn5008 wrote:

bowl wrote:
Stop smoking the bowl, bowl…
Elliot
6/15/2021 7:51am
ElliotB16 wrote:
Never seen that many crashes on one jump before. The whole track looked super hard packed
Watson bit it hard there too. He said he didn't feel safe on the track all day.

I've never liked that place, always thought it was a bit too sketchy.

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/15/2021 7:52am
bowl wrote:
agn5008 wrote:

bowl wrote:
You do realize that Tims fastest lap was over 3 seconds faster right?
fodell
6/15/2021 8:14am

I’m not a fan of the new website... I can’t find the countdown clock section and what times the races are on.
fodell
6/15/2021 8:21am
be nice to see 222 get the hole shot.
brycepdh
6/15/2021 8:23am
fodell wrote:

I’m not a fan of the new website... I can’t find the countdown clock section and what times the races are on.
Yeah I wasn’t a fan either. The home page has the dates but no clock. If you go to calendar from the click down menu, the schedule with times is shown on there.
Johnny Depp
6/15/2021 3:15pm
ElliotB16 wrote:
Never seen that many crashes on one jump before. The whole track looked super hard packed
Elliot wrote:
Watson bit it hard there too. He said he didn't feel safe on the track all day. I've never liked that place, always thought it was...

Bad setup more than bad track.
6/15/2021 5:35pm
ElliotB16 wrote:
Elliot wrote:
Watson bit it hard there too. He said he didn't feel safe on the track all day. I've never liked that place, always thought it was...

Bad setup more than bad track.
I’m “guessing” but I’d put my money on everyone these days running mid soft tyres. No more do they run the mid hards.
That section going up the face of the jump looked like loose dirt on hard pack something mid softs probably aren’t good at
Press516
Fantasy
126th
6/15/2021 6:11pm
A few guys here that never raced Saddleback, Carlsbad or DeAnza…. All of my “home” tracks were hard pack and natural terrain. Metzeler…. Smile
fodell
6/16/2021 6:23am Edited Date/Time 6/16/2021 6:35am
keinz
6/17/2021 9:36am
jgmdr520 wrote:
Does anyone know how to watch these races, not live, but like today or days after they have happened? The packages on mxgptv are difficult to...
Elliot
6/17/2021 11:56pm
Some MXGP calendar updates.

The French round will be at Lacapelle-Marival, they've cancelled Sweden and moved Kegums from July to August.

I suspect they'll be more cancellations further down the line though.

Ranman68
6/18/2021 8:29am
cablecable wrote:
What a weak field. Tim from last to 9th on 1st lap, Lupino couldnt even get top ten in USA and gets 4th oa
I wouldn't say it means the mxgp field is weak. I think they've proven themselves to be narly as f in motocross. What Lupino's and Anstie's results tell me.....hopefully.....is that the talent level/speed of ama riders has risen to a higher level than it has been in recent years. Lupino was on a bike he doesnt normally race, and on an ama track. That made some difference, so it doesn't tell us everything. I do, however, think the ama 450 class talent level/depth has spiked majorly and that has pushed everyone to higher levels. I would love to see a few of the top ama guys thrown into the mix with the GP boys for a few rounds just to see where they all stand. I think it is close.

Post a reply to: #1: MXGP of Russia – June 13

The Latest