#1: MXGP of Russia – June 13

Related:
Create New Tag

6/10/2021 8:19 AM

Motofinne wrote:

MXGP and World Cup DH this weekend, what a time to be alive!

Got my boy Charlie for the World Cup win and herlings for the GP win, gonna be a good weekend

|

6/10/2021 9:30 AM

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

Mxgptv not showing the qualifying races on Saturdays anymore? Or am I just dense and missing something on the site.

Edit: ...more

There are 85cc and 125cc races on Saturday, but they're not broadcasted. I guess it's a race with local kids.

|

6/10/2021 10:39 AM

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

Mxgptv not showing the qualifying races on Saturdays anymore? Or am I just dense and missing something on the site.

DeStouwer wrote:

There are 85cc and 125cc races on Saturday, but they're not broadcasted. I guess it's a race with local kids.

Are all the rounds gonna be a one day format from now on?

|

6/10/2021 11:56 AM

I seem to recall a mudder there a few years ago, and it still raced quite well.

Cant wait.

|

6/10/2021 12:03 PM

I’m not a fan of the new website... I can’t find the countdown clock section and what times the races are on

|

6/10/2021 7:57 PM

brycepdh wrote:

I’m not a fan of the new website... I can’t find the countdown clock section and what times the races are on

Photo

Photo
|

6/10/2021 8:44 PM

Finnish_Flash_62 wrote:

DeStouwer wrote:

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Are all the rounds gonna be a one day format from now on?

Yes, but this should be the last season with a one day format. The intention is to go back to a two day format in 2022.

|

6/11/2021 1:11 AM

Tim Gajser racing the Slovenian Motocross Championship last weekend.

Looking very good.

|

6/11/2021 1:14 AM

|

A Year In MX: One Man, One Year, One Sport
All 13 MX races on US soil
http://www.ayearinmx.com

6/11/2021 1:18 AM

Photo
|

6/11/2021 3:12 AM

Studio Show on Saturdaymorning with 16 guests:

Tim Gajser, Tom Vialle, Jeremy Seewer, Jago Geerts, Antonio Cairoli, Thibault Benistant, Romain Febvre, Jed Beaton, Jeffrey Herlings, Jorge Prado, Thomas Kjær Olsen, Glenn Coldenhoff, Pauls Jonass, Jeremy Van Horebeek, Isak Gifting and Roan van de Moosdijk.

|

6/11/2021 3:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2021 3:26 AM

Elliot wrote:

Looking very good.

I reckon Tim’s has it this weekend, if there’s one surface Herlings doesn’t quite rip it in these types of surface

|

6/11/2021 5:26 AM

So keen for the season to start!

Predictions for this weekend
MX2: Isak Gifting
MXGP: Tim Gajser

|

6/11/2021 6:12 AM

Best way to watch?
(Not live)

|

6/11/2021 6:23 AM

skypig wrote:

Best way to watch?
(Not live)

https://www.mxgp-tv.com/

|

6/11/2021 6:40 AM

ayearinmx wrote: Photo

I’m glad they’ve added this in and lowered the speed past the pit lane. It’s always been super sketchy through there

|

6/11/2021 6:46 AM

First rounds are always intriguing and it could be even more so if we get the weather that is being forecast. Looking at the riders I would consider title contenders, I can’t remember any of them ever excelling in muddy conditions. So it could be a chance for someone under the radar to come out and take the championship lead. Perhaps someone like Coldenhoff, or Jonass who was on the podium in the last proper mud race we had in MXGP

|

6/11/2021 7:05 AM

Seewer almost lapped the MX2 field here when it rained horrendously a few years back

|

6/11/2021 7:45 AM

Motofinne wrote:

England v Croatia in the Euros on Sunday afternoon too. You wait ages for a bus...

C'mon England!

|

6/11/2021 7:48 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Elliot wrote:

England v Croatia in the Euros on Sunday afternoon too. You wait ages for a bus...

C'mon England!

Unfortunately England kick off at 2 and so does MXGP race 2 😩

|

6/11/2021 8:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2021 8:53 AM

Elliot wrote:

Looking very good.

What a jerk, taking food off the tables of the local Slovenian pros.

|

6/11/2021 8:29 AM

RG1 wrote:

I’m glad they’ve added this in and lowered the speed past the pit lane. It’s always been super sketchy through there

Really fun track to watch, wonder what its like to ride since that it is literally nothing but ripped and crushed rock. I remember seeing footage like 4 or 5 years ago from a big junior race and thinking I had never seen a big track that was so rocky. I guess the Russians don't believe in trucking in woodchips, sand, topsoil, etc. Old school! That roost can't feel good... Awesome this series kicks off with the Nationals on break, hopefully there are some extra folks watching.

|

6/11/2021 8:32 AM

Motofinne wrote:

Elliot wrote:

C'mon England!

RG1 wrote:

Unfortunately England kick off at 2 and so does MXGP race 2

Come on man it's football ! No brainer for me, mind you I would rather watch flys procreate than football

|

6/11/2021 9:07 AM

Don’t give 2 shits if England went out in the 1st round to be honest.

|

6/11/2021 9:59 AM

Muscle-Milk-KTM wrote:

Don’t give 2 shits if England went out in the 1st round to be honest.

Photo
|

6/11/2021 12:35 PM

I don’t get it, why go all the way to Russia for a one day format? There are no EMX classes, so let them ride both days like it used to be. Let them easy back into it and let the track develop.

Now it’s either way gonna be a one lined track or it will be a mudfest in the morning to create some lines/roughness.

|

6/11/2021 1:29 PM

skypig wrote:

Best way to watch?
(Not live)

So I am thinking about signing up for the season pass.
I will not be able to watch live so I was wondering if they have a no spoilers option on the MXGP page so I can log in for the on demand without seeing who won that day.
Thanks.

|

6/11/2021 1:45 PM

Hegz wrote:

So keen for the season to start!

Predictions for this weekend
MX2: Isak Gifting
MXGP: Tim Gajser

Interesting you name Isak Gifting. As a Swede I would nothing rather than him being successful. It was a great surprise last year when he got the GasGas ride and just smashed it. It's been a long time coming for Swedish MX.

It will be interesting to see if he can transition last year's breakout rides to consistent top 5 rides this year.

Anybody know if he's done any pre-season races, and how they went? I haven't seen anything about it myself.

Cudos to him if he wins, although I wouldn't be money on it (pessimistic Swede here 😁)

|

6/11/2021 9:43 PM

skypig wrote:

Best way to watch?
(Not live)

motoman617 wrote:

So I am thinking about signing up for the season pass.
I will not be able to watch live so I was wondering if they have a no ...more

Yes that link won't show any results/points. Only the streams so you can go back and watch.

|

6/11/2021 9:44 PM

https://mxvice.uk/mx-manager/leagues/world-championship/galaxy/invite/e03239b27e34a5f7f3bde739459dd537

Made a league for MX Vice Fantasy if anyone wants to join for the season.

|