#1: MXGP of Great Britain - February 29th & March 1st

Nighttrain
3/1/2020 4:43pm
Gasjer is my favorite MXGP racer. I hope he can use the second moto for positive momentum going into the next round.
Nuffsaid
3/1/2020 5:30pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
Gonna be a wild season, you have riders of stature fighting for position all the way back to just to get a single point in 20th...
Gonna be a wild season, you have riders of stature fighting for position all the way back to just to get a single point in 20th.
Notable rides today: Seewar, Evans, Paulin, Coldenhoff, crippled Prado, Hofer, Forato and Crawford
RG1 wrote:
Henry Jacobi definitely deserves a mention. Had a bit of a lonely ride in the first race but was in the top 10, then he back...
Henry Jacobi definitely deserves a mention. Had a bit of a lonely ride in the first race but was in the top 10, then he back that up and rode even better in the second one. He was right on the back of a battle with Desalle, Coldenhoff and Seewer right up to the last lap. Very impressive 450 debut
Jacobi was riding on the razors edge, he’s not in the MX2 class anymore, he seems to be a mixture of Butron, DeSalle and a little Big Ken mixed in. If he keeps it on 2 wheels he finishes well otherwise he’s just banging and being next to impossible to pass cleanly. Hope he finds his mojo and becomes a asset to MXGP
3/1/2020 9:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2020 9:24pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
Harrison, Covington, Vohland, not a encouraging beginning to a long tough season
To be fair to Harrison he clearly had a bad start and an issue on lap 3 in the first moto but went from 20th to 14th in the second, beating some pretty established riders.

jeffro503
3/1/2020 9:29pm
It took me most of the day today to watch all the MX1 , MX2 and 125 classes......and man , it was some great racing! And a side note : That was some freaky weather during some of the racing and qualifying. Raining on one side of the track , sunny on the other. Those qualifiers though??..uggh!! Haha , track was lookin' pretty shitty!

The 125's.....was really bummed on Max's racing. He basically just got his ass handed to him. I was super impressed by Liam!! Man that kid came into his own! MX1 and MX2 had some new comers that really shook things up , and this whole season is going to be awesome!! Was worth my $142.00 USD....any day of the week!

The Shop

3/2/2020 12:48am
Bidirella wrote:
Gasjer not afraid to push over the limits at the first GP. Big crash first moto and going all in second one with the sun that...
Gasjer not afraid to push over the limits at the first GP. Big crash first moto and going all in second one with the sun that low.
ayearinmx wrote:
***Gajser*** said he wasn't really pushing 100% in that second moto...
Well, neither was Herlings, that's for sure. And Herlings left England with a 9 point lead after only 1 GP. So no doubt who's the big winner of the weekend.

This weekend they'll line-up in Valkenswaard, so I think that his lead after 2 GP's will indeed be bigger than 20 points already.
Arofin
3/2/2020 12:52am
I’m just gonna say that this is gonna be an awesome season in both classes. Herlings vs Gajser in MXGP is gonna be epic. I don’t...
I’m just gonna say that this is gonna be an awesome season in both classes.

Herlings vs Gajser in MXGP is gonna be epic. I don’t think anyone can touch them in the long run, but AC, Evans (damn he was impressive) and some other can hopefully give them a run here and there.

But this MX2 season is looking like the most wide open class in a long time. Geerts and Vialle are probably gonna duke it out for the title, but there are SO many guys that can battle for podiums and even wins. The margins in this class are crazy small, top 17 in moto one separated by under a minute is nuts.
I'm not sure yet about Gajser vs Herlings. Matterly isn't close to a favorite track to Herlings and so are very wet conditions. He never dominated there. So are the very wet conditions. Herlings never dominates. Hardpack track in good conditions they can go epic. But then there are some sand tracks. Next Valkenswaard, gajser always has problems there. We will see
Motofinne
3/2/2020 12:57am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 12:59am
RG1 wrote:
The starts are so important, any number of guys could be top 10 in MX2 with a start and Harrison is one of them. He was...
The starts are so important, any number of guys could be top 10 in MX2 with a start and Harrison is one of them. He was better in the second race but he just didn’t get the start. Everyone in that group from 15-25 are so busy trying to kill each other that they can’t go forward. I’m sure we’ll see some good results out of him this season.

Covington I’m really not sure about, I don’t think he crashed in either moto and he finished outside the Top 30 in both. He was a long long way off the pace
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Covington seems to be done. He struggled to finish in the points in AMA 250 outdoors last season also. From winning GPs in MX2 then starting...
Covington seems to be done. He struggled to finish in the points in AMA 250 outdoors last season also. From winning GPs in MX2 then starting with SX his results dropped off a cliff.
RG1 wrote:
I have to say I agree. It’s really hard to see him getting back to the level he was at when he was winning MX2 GP’s...
I have to say I agree. It’s really hard to see him getting back to the level he was at when he was winning MX2 GP’s. I don’t know if I ever pictured him as a great 450 rider, but certainly a top 10-15 guy. He was absolutely nowhere near that this weekend
I thought things just didn't work out for him in the states and he would manage to get back to his old level but man this was a horrible start to is 450 season. He basically just continued his form from 2019 and that wont get him far in an insane MXGP class.
ayearinmx
3/2/2020 1:26am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 1:28am
Well, neither was Herlings, that's for sure. And Herlings left England with a 9 point lead after only 1 GP. So no doubt who's the big...
Well, neither was Herlings, that's for sure. And Herlings left England with a 9 point lead after only 1 GP. So no doubt who's the big winner of the weekend.

This weekend they'll line-up in Valkenswaard, so I think that his lead after 2 GP's will indeed be bigger than 20 points already.
Never mentioned Herlings.

Just because I talk positive about one rider, doesn't mean I am talking shit about another... Its a skill quite a few fanbois could learn.

I agree that I don't think Herlings was pushing... But my original post was just giving information about Gajser, and had nothing to do with what percentage I thought Herlings was riding at.
philG
3/2/2020 2:09am
I’m just gonna say that this is gonna be an awesome season in both classes. Herlings vs Gajser in MXGP is gonna be epic. I don’t...

Herlings vs Gajser in MXGP is gonna be epic. I don’t think anyone can touch them in the long run, but AC, Evans (damn he was impressive) and some other can hopefully give them a run here and there.

But this MX2 season is looking like the most wide open class in a long time. Geerts and Vialle are probably gonna duke it out for the title, but there are SO many guys that can battle for podiums and even wins. The margins in this class are crazy small, top 17 in moto one separated by under a minute is nuts.
Arofin wrote:
I'm not sure yet about Gajser vs Herlings. Matterly isn't close to a favorite track to Herlings and so are very wet conditions. He never dominated...
I'm not sure yet about Gajser vs Herlings. Matterly isn't close to a favorite track to Herlings and so are very wet conditions. He never dominated there. So are the very wet conditions. Herlings never dominates. Hardpack track in good conditions they can go epic. But then there are some sand tracks. Next Valkenswaard, gajser always has problems there. We will see
It wasnt wet conditions.. for the races the track was as good as it gets.
3/2/2020 3:06am
Anyone see the track marshall throwing his lunch litter all over the track just after the corner where Geerts fell in the 2nd Moto?
3/2/2020 3:15am

Arofin wrote:
I'm not sure yet about Gajser vs Herlings. Matterly isn't close to a favorite track to Herlings and so are very wet conditions. He never dominated...
Sure Herlings has the sand races covered. But Gajser is probably not gonna be outside the top 3 in those either. And I think they are neck and neck on harder tracks and if Gajser is able to squeeze victories in those races (a bit like Herlings did two years ago against AC in the beginning of the season when they were really close to each other speed wise) it will be very close.
3/2/2020 3:20am
Well, neither was Herlings, that's for sure. And Herlings left England with a 9 point lead after only 1 GP. So no doubt who's the big...

ayearinmx wrote:
Never mentioned Herlings. Just because I talk positive about one rider, doesn't mean I am talking shit about another... Its a skill quite a few fanbois...

Just because I talk positive about one rider, doesn't mean I am talking shit about another... Its a skill quite a few fanbois could learn.

I agree that I don't think Herlings was pushing... But my original post was just giving information about Gajser, and had nothing to do with what percentage I thought Herlings was riding at.
I meant to say that I don't think that Gajser wasn't pushing. First race he could only get from 13 to 7th and his fastest lap was almost 3 seconds slower than Herlings' fastest lap.
So in my eyes they only conclusion is that Herlings is the one who was taking it easy while Gajser gave it all to win. He was the best in race 2, for sure, but if he says he wasn't pushing he is talking crap.
ATKpilot99
3/2/2020 3:27am

ayearinmx wrote:
Never mentioned Herlings. Just because I talk positive about one rider, doesn't mean I am talking shit about another... Its a skill quite a few fanbois...

I meant to say that I don't think that Gajser wasn't pushing. First race he could only get from 13 to 7th and his fastest lap...
I meant to say that I don't think that Gajser wasn't pushing. First race he could only get from 13 to 7th and his fastest lap was almost 3 seconds slower than Herlings' fastest lap.
So in my eyes they only conclusion is that Herlings is the one who was taking it easy while Gajser gave it all to win. He was the best in race 2, for sure, but if he says he wasn't pushing he is talking crap.
As long as Herlings keeps it under control on the sight laps this season he should be just fine.
ayearinmx
3/2/2020 4:03am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 4:16am
Gajser was pretty much dead last in that first moto. Yes, the lap chart says 13th but he got knocked off the bike in the second corner so pretty much everyone passed him. He overtook a LOT of guys on lap one, similar to Herlings at Ironman where it said Herlings was 22nd after lap 1, but we all know he crashed in the first turn and came from the back of the field.
robkinuk
3/2/2020 4:11am
robkinuk wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/01/407838/s1200_DSC_0071_2.jpg[/img] There's Gold at the end of that Rainbow!

There's Gold at the end of that Rainbow!
ocscottie wrote:
Way cool shot Cool
Thanks Scottie, hail storm sun and rainbow made for some cool effects.Smile
teamddr
3/2/2020 4:18am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 4:22am
Think herlings is racing with his head ( which seems to have shrunk to normal ) this year. The psychological dynamic is interesting this season. Herlings knows he can’t crash as much as Tiga or he’s gonna get hurt and blow a title so does that mean he lets tiga win the odd race and crash the odd race trying. Tiga probably doesn’t process this stuff much and will probably push hard. The softest part of Tiga is his teeth and going flat and hitting the ground the odd time is a given.
Still you logic dictates this is herlings to lose because he can match anyone on hard pack and win by double digits in the sand.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/2/2020 5:19am

Herlings also didn't get taken out in lap one like Gajser did. 2nd overall is like a win for Tim considering the circumstances
3/2/2020 5:58am
robkinuk wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/01/407838/s1200_DSC_0071_2.jpg[/img] There's Gold at the end of that Rainbow!

There's Gold at the end of that Rainbow!
ocscottie wrote:
Way cool shot Cool
robkinuk wrote:
i knew someone would get some good shots with the rainbow!
it was cool you could see the whole thing from one camera
robkinuk
3/2/2020 6:10am
ocscottie wrote:
Way cool shot Cool
robkinuk wrote:

A few more rainbow shots.

Arofin
3/2/2020 6:14am

Arofin wrote:
Sure Herlings has the sand races covered. But Gajser is probably not gonna be outside the top 3 in those either. And I think they are...
Sure Herlings has the sand races covered. But Gajser is probably not gonna be outside the top 3 in those either. And I think they are neck and neck on harder tracks and if Gajser is able to squeeze victories in those races (a bit like Herlings did two years ago against AC in the beginning of the season when they were really close to each other speed wise) it will be very close.
I think Gajser is not gonna podium in Valkenswaard. He always struggles there, we will see, maybe im wrong
teamddr
3/2/2020 6:50am
robkinuk wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/02/408090/s1200_DSC_0076_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/02/408091/s1200_DSC_0077_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/02/408092/s1200_DSC_0079_2.jpg[/img] A few more rainbow shots.

Brilliant
jeffro503
3/2/2020 7:04am
robkinuk wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/02/408090/s1200_DSC_0076_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/02/408091/s1200_DSC_0077_1.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/03/02/408092/s1200_DSC_0079_2.jpg[/img] A few more rainbow shots.

Wow those are super cool!
philG
3/2/2020 10:09am
I could have got those shots too but there was no way i was taking my gloves off lol.. it was a great raceday and people came.. thats all that matters.
kiwifan
3/2/2020 10:46am
Arofin wrote:
Sure Herlings has the sand races covered. But Gajser is probably not gonna be outside the top 3 in those either. And I think they are...
Arofin wrote:
I think Gajser is not gonna podium in Valkenswaard. He always struggles there, we will see, maybe im wrong
he didnt struggle there last year....
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
3/2/2020 11:01am
If he doesn't crash, who beats him other than Herlings? He had alot of the sand specialists covered in the Italian races
flymoto
3/2/2020 1:01pm
Gasjer is usually pretty good in the sand so it should be interesting for next week. I don’t think he will herlings pace (but I said that about matterley) but he’ll won’t be far off. AC Is also quick but I honestly think his best days are behind him. I hope I’m wrong as I love his grit and love he has for the sport.

If we do see herlings race with his heart and not his head it’s something else to watch in the sand.
Arofin
3/2/2020 11:03pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 11:08pm
Arofin wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
he didnt struggle there last year....
2nd and 7th, his best day in Valkenswaard, and Herlings wasn't there

Post a reply to: #1: MXGP of Great Britain - February 29th & March 1st

The Latest