#1: MXGP of Great Britain - February 26-27

tek14
2/18/2022 11:44am
Great idea having race held February in UK.
2/18/2022 12:56pm
Sorry if i’m might be off topic and lost if i missed the News! But anyone know what’s up with frenchmen Mathys Boisrame? He filled in at Factory kawi a couple of races in the end of last season. But he’s not on the entry list and has not updated his Instagram since september?
Leave Us To
2/18/2022 1:04pm
ayearinmx wrote:
England in February, for all the experts overseas. Sure, there is a storm coming, but this is what it could have been like if the racing...
England in February, for all the experts overseas. Sure, there is a storm coming, but this is what it could have been like if the racing was today 🤷‍♂️
Friday before Red Bud MXoN was a gorgeous day too.
luke11
Fantasy
2263rd
2/18/2022 1:12pm
I’ve said it elsewhere but this on the FIM. They gave the British promoters this date and said take it or leave. Fairplay to Steve for trying to give us a GP but we’ve been shafted yet again.
I’ll still be going but I doubt there will be many there.

The Shop

DeStouwer
2/18/2022 1:15pm
There's a chance they will postpone the GP with a week, depending on the forecast. The decision will be made at 7 am local time tomorrow.
kary
2/18/2022 1:18pm
Sorry if i’m might be off topic and lost if i missed the News! But anyone know what’s up with frenchmen Mathys Boisrame? He filled in...
Sorry if i’m might be off topic and lost if i missed the News! But anyone know what’s up with frenchmen Mathys Boisrame? He filled in at Factory kawi a couple of races in the end of last season. But he’s not on the entry list and has not updated his Instagram since september?
Unfortunately Mathys didn't secure the Factory Kawi seat despite his good flashes of speed at the end of last season.
He now has a deal with a small French based team (Kawasaki CBO) and also has some help from BOS suspensions.

In this sport, it now takes a lot of money to secure these factory seats (except if you're contending for the world title), money that he doesn't have right now.
From what I've heard, he'll only race some European rounds as well as the French championship ! It's really sad as he had a good future ahead of him if only he could have secure a good ride ...

I hope the future will be brighter for him, he has plenty of talent !
tek14
2/18/2022 1:25pm
DeStouwer wrote:
There's a chance they will postpone the GP with a week, depending on the forecast. The decision will be made at 7 am local time tomorrow.
Wow that will make many new problems for teams also.
Arofin
2/18/2022 1:27pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Herlings?
DeStouwer
2/18/2022 1:46pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Arofin wrote:
Herlings?
I don't know what Herlings has to do with this possible decision, but if you mean they'll postpone it so Herlings can ride, absolutely not. He's not allowed to put pressure on his foot for the next 6 weeks.

RG1
2/18/2022 1:47pm
ayearinmx wrote:
England in February, for all the experts overseas. Sure, there is a storm coming, but this is what it could have been like if the racing...
England in February, for all the experts overseas. Sure, there is a storm coming, but this is what it could have been like if the racing was today 🤷‍♂️
Friday before Red Bud MXoN was a gorgeous day too.
No it wasn’t it pissed it down 😂
alex69
2/18/2022 1:50pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Arofin wrote:
Herlings?
DeStouwer wrote:
I don't know what Herlings has to do with this possible decision, but if you mean they'll postpone it so Herlings can ride, absolutely not. He's...
I don't know what Herlings has to do with this possible decision, but if you mean they'll postpone it so Herlings can ride, absolutely not. He's not allowed to put pressure on his foot for the next 6 weeks.

He misses at least 2 maybe 3 GP's but you never no with Herlings.
RG1
2/18/2022 1:53pm
luke11 wrote:
I’ve said it elsewhere but this on the FIM. They gave the British promoters this date and said take it or leave. Fairplay to Steve for...
I’ve said it elsewhere but this on the FIM. They gave the British promoters this date and said take it or leave. Fairplay to Steve for trying to give us a GP but we’ve been shafted yet again.
I’ll still be going but I doubt there will be many there.
Matterley is genuinely one of the best tracks in the world and one nearly all the riders enjoy. The fact that it comes down to us having to have a race in February or not at all is an F’ing joke. They go to Indonesia for 2 weeks in the middle our summer to race in front of one man and his dog so we have to either have a shit GP or not have one.

Matterley GP was the best GP of the year last year in terms of crowd, racing etc, it was amazing, Steve put on a hell of a show and took a big risk at a time full of uncertainty and this is how they repay him. Disgraceful
Arofin
2/18/2022 1:55pm
DeStouwer wrote:
Arofin wrote:
Herlings?
DeStouwer wrote:
I don't know what Herlings has to do with this possible decision, but if you mean they'll postpone it so Herlings can ride, absolutely not. He's...

I know that, but i meant it was maybe good news for him...
DeStouwer
2/18/2022 2:04pm
Arofin wrote:
Herlings?
DeStouwer wrote:

Arofin wrote:
I know that, but i meant it was maybe good news for him...
Why should that be good news? If Gajser, Prado, Seewer or someone else takes 40-45 points this week or the next one, what's the difference?

Good news would be an injury-free season of Herlings, but that hasn't happened in the last decade.
KONG
2/18/2022 2:04pm
kary wrote:
Unfortunately Mathys didn't secure the Factory Kawi seat despite his good flashes of speed at the end of last season. He now has a deal with...
Unfortunately Mathys didn't secure the Factory Kawi seat despite his good flashes of speed at the end of last season.
He now has a deal with a small French based team (Kawasaki CBO) and also has some help from BOS suspensions.

In this sport, it now takes a lot of money to secure these factory seats (except if you're contending for the world title), money that he doesn't have right now.
From what I've heard, he'll only race some European rounds as well as the French championship ! It's really sad as he had a good future ahead of him if only he could have secure a good ride ...

I hope the future will be brighter for him, he has plenty of talent !
Seems like he's actually close to securing another deal to race MXGP.
Brent
2/18/2022 2:31pm
RG1 wrote:
Matterley is genuinely one of the best tracks in the world and one nearly all the riders enjoy. The fact that it comes down to us...
Matterley is genuinely one of the best tracks in the world and one nearly all the riders enjoy. The fact that it comes down to us having to have a race in February or not at all is an F’ing joke. They go to Indonesia for 2 weeks in the middle our summer to race in front of one man and his dog so we have to either have a shit GP or not have one.

Matterley GP was the best GP of the year last year in terms of crowd, racing etc, it was amazing, Steve put on a hell of a show and took a big risk at a time full of uncertainty and this is how they repay him. Disgraceful
It's just the one man now.

They ate the dog already.
philG
2/18/2022 2:43pm
Brent wrote:
It's just the one man now.

They ate the dog already.
LOL'ed at that .

Thing is, if you are going to put a tent up in a gale, the only thing is , what time it will break.

How much fucking tent do you need to run a motorbike round a field.

Its weather, it can come any time, i have sat at Teuschenthal for half a day cos they had a storm come through on friday, and flooded the place, Red Bud was a mudfest, Our hotel at Maggiora got flooded .. it happens.

Am i annoyed that we have to race in february, and the series goes to butt fuck middle of nowhere places when we could race... yes... is it going to change. No.

2/18/2022 3:58pm
There better running it next weekend. How many spectators will go to watch a 1 day event with 40mph winds?
Go for next weekend & if weathers half decent you’ll have 10,000 fans & at least steve breaks even. If it runs this weekend he will lose a fortune.
I feel for steve, puts so much work in & truely dedicated to the sport!
tek14
2/19/2022 12:02am
What a sh.. show having race in UK at February.
2/19/2022 12:19am
It puts people in a tight spot with the timing of the announcement. When I’ve gone in the past I’d leave at 05:30 in the morning to get to the track by 07:00. So what do you do? Travel to the track, praying the racing is going ahead or wait for the announcement then travel when the traffic is heavier & potentially miss some on track action? Then when you get there, you’re told it’s not happening. And if you’ve got a hotel booked, hope they can change the date or get a refund. So glad I didn’t go this year.
alex69
2/19/2022 1:30am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2022 1:32am
Brent wrote:
I was told there is more water than land in Great Britain right now. But who was expecting a dry race in England in February anyway...
I was told there is more water than land in Great Britain right now.

But who was expecting a dry race in England in February anyway?

Most of the GP guys were in Spain training, quite a change to muddy and cold GB next week...
ayearinmx wrote:
Ahh yes... The Californian commenting on weather in England because he knows people in the Netherlands who are riding in Spain. Classic
There were a few English Vitals who react quite bitchy to questioners about the weather, the questioners were just posers ect.
The weather forecast was just really bad so those questions weren't stupid, everybody now's the weather in Britain and the rest of northern Europe is wet and windy in this time of year.
The riders have a reason to go practice in Spain and Italy in the winter not only for the nice people who life there.
I have nothing but respect for the volunteers who have worked their asses off to make a GP possible and get this as a reward.
Let's pray we get a really good GP next week, even without Jeffrey.
But I wonder are we so smart and at the FIM and Infont so .... in December everyone already thought wtf, how can they think of starting the season in Britain in February even the openings GP at Valkenswaard in March for many years was often wet and cold instead of warm sunny weather.
2/19/2022 3:55am
Next year maybe they can put Finland and Sweden in January.
Of course, they are very sorry for the inconvenience. Was it so difficult to start in Argentina and move to Lombardia and Portugal before Great Britain?.

Any news from Febvre?

20 Feb MXGP of Great Britain
Matterley Basin
06 Mar MXGP of Lombardia (ITA)
Mantova
20 Mar MXGP of Patagonia-Argentina
Villa La Angostura
03 Apr MXGP of Portugal
Agueda
10 Apr MXGP of Trentino (ITA)
Pietramurata
#244#
Fantasy
4373rd
2/19/2022 4:58am
my son is on a ferry right now, our team mechanics have to go at work next week..., the team will go next Thursday
rumors of cancelling next weekend too, some big Teams lost their tents...we will see
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
2/19/2022 5:21am
tek14 wrote:
What a sh.. show having race in UK at February.
Greed and stupidity never a good thing.

Post a reply to: #1: MXGP of Great Britain - February 26-27

The Latest