1/2 time freestyle show

Wolfman
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:22am
I got to thinking the other day and, I know that they must pay the jagermeister team pretty good to put on their show. Probably better than the riders who actually have to pay to be a part of the show. Thought that was interesting.
|
Craze
5/9/2009 1:11pm
Your probably right.......Just a thought, If they jumped Harley's instead of motocross bikes....Would they call it "Freestyle Hogs"? The only connection I see is the bikes, because it really dosen't have anything to do with motocross IMO.
TomZ
Fantasy
4402nd
5/9/2009 1:24pm
Wolfman wrote:
I got to thinking the other day and, I know that they must pay the jagermeister team pretty good to put on their show. Probably better...
I got to thinking the other day and, I know that they must pay the jagermeister team pretty good to put on their show. Probably better than the riders who actually have to pay to be a part of the show. Thought that was interesting.
Sorry....you are wrong. Times are tight for everyone.You would be surprised how little a guy like Kenny makes for that.....and he is an X-Games star.

Not to say the racers don't deserve a better payout of course. They do for sure.
Wolfman
5/9/2009 3:04pm
TomZ wrote:
Sorry....you are wrong. Times are tight for everyone.You would be surprised how little a guy like Kenny makes for that.....and he is an X-Games star. Not...
Sorry....you are wrong. Times are tight for everyone.You would be surprised how little a guy like Kenny makes for that.....and he is an X-Games star.

Not to say the racers don't deserve a better payout of course. They do for sure.
Okay, and I thought I might be wrong, but I was just kind of wondering how it all broke down. I know the freestyle guys are worth alot of money for the crazy shit they do, but I just thought it was funny that they pay freestylers to show up, and racers have to pay to show up.

The Shop

5/9/2009 5:27pm
knowing the promoters they probably charge jagermeister for the time and then let jagermeister pay the riders. Before you laugh remember they charged ktm for the kids race.
Wolfman
5/9/2009 6:15pm
I thought of that also, but figured that it made too much sense to be true.
oshow
5/10/2009 10:31am
IMO bring back the Kids.
TomZ
Fantasy
4402nd
5/11/2009 4:48am
TomZ wrote:
Sorry....you are wrong. Times are tight for everyone.You would be surprised how little a guy like Kenny makes for that.....and he is an X-Games star. Not...

Wolfman wrote:
Okay, and I thought I might be wrong, but I was just kind of wondering how it all broke down. I know the freestyle guys are...
Okay, and I thought I might be wrong, but I was just kind of wondering how it all broke down. I know the freestyle guys are worth alot of money for the crazy shit they do, but I just thought it was funny that they pay freestylers to show up, and racers have to pay to show up.
It is a bit strange......

Back to the point where the racers deserve a shot at a bigger purse.Get paid more for greater success right ???

Racer92
5/11/2009 5:19am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2009 5:20am
oshow wrote:
IMO bring back the Kids.
Ugh, no more kids, please.
They need to run a womens SX race during that time. Dash for cash, one race, 15 laps. Line up and get 'er done.
R-acer
5/11/2009 5:45am
oshow wrote:
IMO bring back the Kids.
Racer92 wrote:
Ugh, no more kids, please. They need to run a womens SX race during that time. Dash for cash, one race, 15 laps. Line up and...
Ugh, no more kids, please.
They need to run a womens SX race during that time. Dash for cash, one race, 15 laps. Line up and get 'er done.
yea, no more 50's please! Womens would be cool, or Supermini
DzynOne
5/11/2009 8:55am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:51pm
oshow wrote:
IMO bring back the Kids.
I also agree. I'd rather see the Kids race. You have no idea the impact of this experience on these kids and their families. Freestyle moto-x is great, but getting a little stale if you ask me. Whenever I see it, It's the same tricks over and over again. We as an audience are getting desensitized to the complexity and dangers. We expect them to land the back flips every time. So, as much as I love and respect Freestyle, I get much more out of seeing kids racing around the track. I can't stop laughing, cause its SO cool to see them go at it. Reminds me of Nintendo's Excite Bike.

As for Womens SX... I've always said they need their own series. Putting them in a half time some how demeans their ability. Like women riders are just a sideshow. Hmm, by looking at what SX already does to women (trophy girls and 30 second girls) I guess they don't care about that.

They can also do a dash for case thing or some other novelty game before or after the kids.

LET THE KIDS RIDE!!

zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
5/11/2009 8:58am
Supermini will never happen. Having 85s jump the triples would hurt the sports image too much.
DzynOne
5/11/2009 9:13am
Supermini will never happen. Having 85s jump the triples would hurt the sports image too much.
Are you kidding? The crowd would go nuts. Explain how that would hurt the sport?? Also, we're talking about a half time show during a SX race. Not a full on kids event during SX.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
5/11/2009 9:17am
DzynOne wrote:
Are you kidding? The crowd would go nuts. Explain how that would hurt the sport?? Also, we're talking about a half time show during a SX...
Are you kidding? The crowd would go nuts. Explain how that would hurt the sport?? Also, we're talking about a half time show during a SX race. Not a full on kids event during SX.
The crowd would go nuts for the kids. Then when they make a big deal of the riders on big bikes hitting the HUGE 68' triples that a 14 year old kid just did, the fans would feel screwed.
DzynOne
5/11/2009 9:25am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2009 9:29am
DzynOne wrote:
Are you kidding? The crowd would go nuts. Explain how that would hurt the sport?? Also, we're talking about a half time show during a SX...
The crowd would go nuts for the kids. Then when they make a big deal of the riders on big bikes hitting the HUGE 68' triples...
The crowd would go nuts for the kids. Then when they make a big deal of the riders on big bikes hitting the HUGE 68' triples that a 14 year old kid just did, the fans would feel screwed.
That would never happen, plus no one makes a big deal when a pro hits a triple. That's their job. A triple is not a freestyle trick its part of SX. If they don't hit a trip they lose time. Plus, The kids bikes would never clear a pro triple. Have you even SEEN the kids race at half time? The kids are much younger than 14 by the way. I can almost run faster than those bikes. There's plenty of room for all activities, maybe they could rotate them, but not eliminate the kids. How selfish is that??

Maybe some adult riders aren't as fast as the kids, lol Wink
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
5/11/2009 9:33am
DzynOne wrote:
The crowd would go nuts for the kids. Then when they make a big deal of the riders on big bikes hitting the HUGE 68' triples...
DzynOne wrote:
That would never happen, plus no one makes a big deal when a pro hits a triple. That's their job. A triple is not a freestyle...
That would never happen, plus no one makes a big deal when a pro hits a triple. That's their job. A triple is not a freestyle trick its part of SX. If they don't hit a trip they lose time. Plus, The kids bikes would never clear a pro triple. Have you even SEEN the kids race at half time? The kids are much younger than 14 by the way. I can almost run faster than those bikes. There's plenty of room for all activities, maybe they could rotate them, but not eliminate the kids. How selfish is that??

You didnt pay attention to my orginal post. I said superminis, 85's. Most good supermini riders can do a SX triple. And they always make a big deal out of the triples on TV.
Pat327
5/11/2009 9:35am
He's talking about about superminis which are 85cc-105cc. They could clear supercross triples on those.
DzynOne
5/11/2009 9:52am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2009 9:53am
Pat327 wrote:
He's talking about about superminis which are 85cc-105cc. They could clear supercross triples on those.
True, but I never mentioned super-minis. I'm talking about the kids half-time races. The 7-8 year olds. Even IF I was talking about Super Minis. It would still be cool to see a kid clear a triple. No one will care if a kid cleared a jump that James just cleared. OR they can easily re-direct the track to have them NOT take the triples. Either way, if you're a true SX fan It wouldn't take away from anything SX has to offer. People would still want to see #7 (oops, i mean #1) and #22 go at it . Why wouldn't you give a kid a chance to ride at his full potential on a grand stage? You'd rather see some guys in Sumo suits run around the track for a few prizes?
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
5/11/2009 9:59am
Pat327 wrote:
DzynOne wrote:
True, but I never mentioned super-minis. I'm talking about the kids half-time races. The 7-8 year olds. Even IF I was talking about Super Minis. It...
True, but I never mentioned super-minis. I'm talking about the kids half-time races. The 7-8 year olds. Even IF I was talking about Super Minis. It would still be cool to see a kid clear a triple. No one will care if a kid cleared a jump that James just cleared. OR they can easily re-direct the track to have them NOT take the triples. Either way, if you're a true SX fan It wouldn't take away from anything SX has to offer. People would still want to see #7 (oops, i mean #1) and #22 go at it . Why wouldn't you give a kid a chance to ride at his full potential on a grand stage? You'd rather see some guys in Sumo suits run around the track for a few prizes?
First of all, I was talking to R-acer about his suggestion to include superminis, you then quoted me, and started talking about the KTM jr challenge. Also, im not talking about the "true" fans, if it were just for "true" fans, there would be no half-time show at all. What having superminis would do, is hurt the casual fan. After seeing a kid jump a triple, they would not be impressed when the a top pro did it, they would feel cheated. Nor could they simple go around them, triple are usually put on the outside lane of each side of the stadium. And by the way, I hate the sumo show, I think it is idiotic, but that isnt what replaced the ktm jr challenge.
oshow
5/11/2009 10:05am
oshow wrote:
IMO bring back the Kids.
DzynOne wrote:
I also agree. I'd rather see the Kids race. You have no idea the impact of this experience on these kids and their families. Freestyle moto-x...
I also agree. I'd rather see the Kids race. You have no idea the impact of this experience on these kids and their families. Freestyle moto-x is great, but getting a little stale if you ask me. Whenever I see it, It's the same tricks over and over again. We as an audience are getting desensitized to the complexity and dangers. We expect them to land the back flips every time. So, as much as I love and respect Freestyle, I get much more out of seeing kids racing around the track. I can't stop laughing, cause its SO cool to see them go at it. Reminds me of Nintendo's Excite Bike.

As for Womens SX... I've always said they need their own series. Putting them in a half time some how demeans their ability. Like women riders are just a sideshow. Hmm, by looking at what SX already does to women (trophy girls and 30 second girls) I guess they don't care about that.

They can also do a dash for case thing or some other novelty game before or after the kids.

LET THE KIDS RIDE!!

Exactly
oshow
5/11/2009 10:08am
DzynOne wrote:
DzynOne wrote:
That would never happen, plus no one makes a big deal when a pro hits a triple. That's their job. A triple is not a freestyle...

Shae Bentley cleared the triples on a 80 years ago. While racing the 125 class, I'm remembering someone having it there for press day or something.
chip600
5/11/2009 10:17am
DzynOne wrote:

You didnt pay attention to my orginal post. I said superminis, 85's. Most good supermini riders can do a SX triple. And they always make a...
You didnt pay attention to my orginal post. I said superminis, 85's. Most good supermini riders can do a SX triple. And they always make a big deal out of the triples on TV.
those super mini kids could probably beat half the people on here
DzynOne
5/11/2009 10:17am
DzynOne wrote:

oshow wrote:
Shae Bentley cleared the triples on a 80 years ago. While racing the 125 class, I'm remembering someone having it there for press day or something.
Thats my point. Bentleys jump didn't ruin the sport did it?
DzynOne
5/11/2009 10:19am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2009 10:24am
DzynOne wrote:

You didnt pay attention to my orginal post. I said superminis, 85's. Most good supermini riders can do a SX triple. And they always make a...
chip600 wrote:
those super mini kids could probably beat half the people on here
They make a big deal cause they are KIDS! it IS a big deal. Bottom line, any class of kid rider from PW-50 to SuperMini will be good for the half time show.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
719th
5/11/2009 10:54am
DzynOne wrote:

oshow wrote:
DzynOne wrote:
A one time occurence compared to multiple riders doing it weekly. Then wait until a 14 year old wads it trying.
Racer92
5/11/2009 11:09am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:51pm
Pat327 wrote:
That all sounds fine until Johnny Racer Jr. cases a triple and breaks his pelvis & wrists in front of the home crowd and mom comes uncorked in front of the cameras.

DzynOne
5/11/2009 11:25am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2009 11:26am
A one time occurence compared to multiple riders doing it weekly. Then wait until a 14 year old wads it trying.
Like I said earlier. Just take out the trips and let the kids ride. Simple. Sorry to get off topic Woflman, lol.
oshow
5/11/2009 11:32am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2009 1:43pm
DzynOne wrote:

oshow wrote:
DzynOne wrote:
No, but he wasn't a 14-15 year old kid, and he could beat everyone on here on a 65 much less an 80. But to the casual fan they would think anyone could jump a triple if they saw supermini's doing it. Not knowing how great those kids are.
AmateurMX
5/11/2009 11:33am
CMC ran a Supercross in the early '80s in San Diego Stadium. I think it was part of the Golden State series. Anyway, they ran 80s as part of the show and I have to admit that it was one of the coolest Supercrosses I've been to.

To me, it seemed like the 80s were running lap times pretty close to the pros and they were definitely jumping everything. I think Flyin' Mike Brown won, but I'm not positive.

But the tracks were much different back then. The supercross tracks of today would put too many supermini kids in the hospital.

I think the freestyle show is okay, but I liked the promotional aspect of the KJSC better. And it seems like the crowd cheered louder for the PeeWee riders then they do for the freestyle show.

CH
rocrac
5/11/2009 11:37am
Pat327 wrote:
Racer92 wrote:
That all sounds fine until Johnny Racer Jr. cases a triple and breaks his pelvis & wrists in front of the home crowd and mom comes...
That all sounds fine until Johnny Racer Jr. cases a triple and breaks his pelvis & wrists in front of the home crowd and mom comes uncorked in front of the cameras.

Yep.

125 2 stroke class. no factories no triples.

Post a reply to: 1/2 time freestyle show

The Latest