1 1/2 reasons why the US Teams should race the USGP

Ozy
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:35am
1) The motorcycle buying public wants to see the Best Americans go head to head with the best of the rest.
1/2) to shut the dam Euro fanboys the hell up when US riders totally dominate.
|
tobz
4/15/2010 8:49pm
Your a f*ckin idiot if you post reason to NOT do it. That other thread is a joke.
500guy
4/15/2010 9:11pm
tobz wrote:
Your a f*ckin idiot if you post reason to NOT do it. That other thread is a joke.
You're a fuckin idiot for thinking you know something.

STFU
tobz
4/16/2010 12:43am
tobz wrote:
500guy wrote:

STFU
Theres 4 pages in your asshole of a thread that agree with it,

500lbGuy, haha i love it.
PaleBlue
4/16/2010 1:12am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2010 1:16am
tobz wrote:
500guy wrote:

STFU
500Gay you follow this around like a little black rain cloud. Everybody else wants to see a race, you just want to sulk. Why so negative man? Go on , get out there, get a life...................

The Shop

`ol Ger
4/16/2010 1:28am
I hope our guys race the thing.
Francis377
4/16/2010 3:15am
dude people in here are moodier than some fat old skanks on their period. If your fat and angry don't drag everyone else down with you, nobody cares. Just let the boys race and enjoy.
burnside
4/16/2010 5:06am
PaleBlue wrote:
500Gay you follow this around like a little black rain cloud. Everybody else wants to see a race, you just want to sulk. Why so negative...
500Gay you follow this around like a little black rain cloud. Everybody else wants to see a race, you just want to sulk. Why so negative man? Go on , get out there, get a life...................
x2... 500gay needs to chill and vote with his feet. Just don't watch it.
czernik
4/16/2010 6:14am
What is the average of the members on here ................14???
dpingree101
4/16/2010 4:16pm
We would love our guys to race it but it is a tough sell when there is no purse money and no contingency money. Bragging rights are terrific, but remember that the following weekend is Texas, the hottest and most physically demanding event of the year. You have to decide if it's good to spend yourself (while your compeition has a weekend of rest) doing longer motos than you are accustomed to (GP's are about 40 mins) on a brutally roung track. The AMA series is what these guys get paid to perform in. I know fans want to see a best of the best showdown but when there is little to gain it is a tough sell. Despite all that, I'll bet BT jumps in if he feels remotely ready.
FlaNard
4/16/2010 4:47pm
`ol Ger wrote:
I hope our guys race the thing.
Our B- and lower level guys will race it and get killed.
Sunhouse
4/16/2010 4:50pm
I don´t get it, when the GP teams are pitting out of the American 18wheelers for the weekend, why can´t the same teams put their riders there for financial reasons? They are already THERE for Christs sake!

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
4/16/2010 4:58pm
Sunhouse wrote:
I don´t get it, when the GP teams are pitting out of the American 18wheelers for the weekend, why can´t the same teams put their riders...
I don´t get it, when the GP teams are pitting out of the American 18wheelers for the weekend, why can´t the same teams put their riders there for financial reasons? They are already THERE for Christs sake!

i think Ping was more saying that there is nothing for the riders, no purse money, no bonus money, no contingency,
Sunhouse
4/16/2010 5:20pm
That´s true, but what about the factory teams? No factory rider has to refinance his morgage to afford a no-money off weekend race. These guys make more money racing indoors than most GP riders make in two years.

Sure, all the contracts were signed way before the GP came about. But sponsors won´t mind the extra publicity they get, and teams have been known to order their riders to race before.

What will the riders do if they have an off weekend? Sit on the couch? I thoought this was the toughest sport in the world, where riders work out from 8am and do 2x30min motos a day on top of that. Imagine how nice it would be to pull off the track after 30mins in Texas, knowing you had to do 40mins last weekend?

Bottom line is, people have been booing and ranting each year when seeing the GP calendar. "Boohoo, there is no USGP" "How can it be the world championship when they don´t race in America?" Well guess what - now they are and people are wimping out! What will people say now? "None of our good riders participated, so it doesn´t count".
What needs to be done? Does YS have to go knocking riders doors down?
There is a thing called taking pride in what you do. When money got to MX - pride disappeared.

[/rant]

Ozy
4/16/2010 5:26pm
We would love our guys to race it but it is a tough sell when there is no purse money and no contingency money. Bragging rights...
We would love our guys to race it but it is a tough sell when there is no purse money and no contingency money. Bragging rights are terrific, but remember that the following weekend is Texas, the hottest and most physically demanding event of the year. You have to decide if it's good to spend yourself (while your compeition has a weekend of rest) doing longer motos than you are accustomed to (GP's are about 40 mins) on a brutally roung track. The AMA series is what these guys get paid to perform in. I know fans want to see a best of the best showdown but when there is little to gain it is a tough sell. Despite all that, I'll bet BT jumps in if he feels remotely ready.
Ping, you pretty much summed up the reality of the situation. I guess the only way any top guys ride the USGP is if their sponsors pressure them to race.

Seems like no matter who we (USA) send to the international races they always rise to the occasion.

I plan on attending the GP at Glen Helen either way, and I'll most likely hit he socal National as well.
jgmxdad251
4/16/2010 5:27pm
We would love our guys to race it but it is a tough sell when there is no purse money and no contingency money. Bragging rights...
That would be realy cool if BT races. Do cole and will like GH? Any chance they might race ?

Post a reply to: 1 1/2 reasons why the US Teams should race the USGP

The Latest