'08 JS vs '06-'07 RC vs '13 RV vs '16 KROC vs '15 ET

7/6/2017 10:24am
NateDawg wrote:
Nobody could touch JS on his best days? Really? Because I never once saw Stewart race away from RC on a motocross track. If he started...
Nobody could touch JS on his best days? Really? Because I never once saw Stewart race away from RC on a motocross track. If he started to pull a gap, Ricky picked it right back up. Now on the contrary, I watched Carmichael race away from Stewart loads of times. It happened all the time in '06. Hell, go watch High Point from '07. Ricky was partially retired and still ran that dude down and beat him in moto 1 and then handed it to him in moto 2. Stewart was all-out faster than RC on a Supercross track, but he never once checked out on Ricky outdoors.

As for RV, I already mentioned how an aging Reed was able to give Villopoto fits at times outdoors. RC decimated a prime Chad Reed almost every single moto they raced each other. In Supercross RV could've given Carmichael a run for his money, but Ricky was the man outdoors. I do think Villopoto would beat McGrath indoors though. Outdoors, McGrath isn't even top 20 all time.
Accurate, RV would probably be pretty evenly matched with JS in MX overall though RV has the mental strength over JS also was more consistent but in SX JS comfortably JS beat RV in 2014 which isn't even close to James peak.

I began watching MX as a kid when I was 11 in 2001 I was a big Carmichael fan but then I was watching James a year later on the 125 he instantly became my favourite, I thought he'd have many more titles and accolades by now but things don't always go to planned I guess.

As for the list.

1 lap - 2008 Tomac/JS?
1 moto - 2006 RC or Tomac '15 it's hard to split by eye but Tomac was seriously hauling ass.
1 overall - 2006 RC
1 season - 2006 RC.

PS: I was reading your post and I already had Regulate playing in my head then I checked your user name :O.
RPM68
7/6/2017 12:34pm
i was born in '88 and never got to see Bailey ride. However, I think DB would have created this Goat title 30 years ago if he weren't injured. I think the boys in the 80's deserve some love in this topic. However, modern technology will never allow this comparison to be realistic.
SwingHard
7/6/2017 4:52pm
RD757 wrote:
Villopoto is the best racer. Put him in his prime against anyone in anytime for a season he will be champ if he doesn't get hurt...
Villopoto is the best racer. Put him in his prime against anyone in anytime for a season he will be champ if he doesn't get hurt. And yes that includes carmichael.
How soon people forget! Go back and watch RV's last year racing,indoors & outdoors! There's RC,than a very close RV! There is nobody else living in there zip code!
Crush
7/6/2017 5:23pm
RPM68 wrote:
i was born in '88 and never got to see Bailey ride. However, I think DB would have created this Goat title 30 years ago if...
i was born in '88 and never got to see Bailey ride. However, I think DB would have created this Goat title 30 years ago if he weren't injured. I think the boys in the 80's deserve some love in this topic. However, modern technology will never allow this comparison to be realistic.
Think the reason they typically don't is before MC, "domination" wasn't really the same.

Sure there are more races, but percentage wise, their win ratios don't quite stack up.

Whether that is down to competition, either way, or something else, is another matter. They were all bad dudes, but due to a lack of eyeballs and numbers, in ultimate bench racing terms, they're maybe a bit harder to spot.

The Shop

mxb2
7/6/2017 6:33pm
RD757 wrote:
Villopoto is the best racer. Put him in his prime against anyone in anytime for a season he will be champ if he doesn't get hurt...
Villopoto is the best racer. Put him in his prime against anyone in anytime for a season he will be champ if he doesn't get hurt. And yes that includes carmichael.
SwingHard wrote:
How soon people forget! Go back and watch RV's last year racing,indoors & outdoors! There's RC,than a very close RV! There is nobody else living in...
How soon people forget! Go back and watch RV's last year racing,indoors & outdoors! There's RC,than a very close RV! There is nobody else living in there zip code!
Boom.
newmann
7/6/2017 6:52pm
RD757 wrote:
SwingHard wrote:
How soon people forget! Go back and watch RV's last year racing,indoors & outdoors! There's RC,than a very close RV! There is nobody else living in...
mxb2 wrote:
Boom.
If RV doesn't get hurt? See , there's the problem. RV got hurt quite a few times. Somehow, RC stayed injury "free" for damn near all of his professional career. One missed season for an ACL and that's it isn't it? Just one more amazing little GOAT factoid.
mxb2
7/6/2017 7:20pm
SwingHard wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Boom.
newmann wrote:
If RV doesn't get hurt? See , there's the problem. RV got hurt quite a few times. Somehow, RC stayed injury "free" for damn near all...
If RV doesn't get hurt? See , there's the problem. RV got hurt quite a few times. Somehow, RC stayed injury "free" for damn near all of his professional career. One missed season for an ACL and that's it isn't it? Just one more amazing little GOAT factoid.
Totally agree,I was saying RV is the #2 guy behind RC,closest.to raw speed, will, never give up.talent,
blusmbl
7/6/2017 7:40pm
SwingHard wrote:
I think that was the same year Stewart beat him indoors 5 times, straight up.

RV was good but not even close to an RC level of dominance.
Ken202
Fantasy
1476th
7/6/2017 7:45pm
Simply RC. Braaap!
Alex814
7/6/2017 7:46pm
newmann wrote:
If RV doesn't get hurt? See , there's the problem. RV got hurt quite a few times. Somehow, RC stayed injury "free" for damn near all...
Yes and it was only supercross he missed. Came back and went 24-0 on the new Honda 450 in 2004, straight off the ACL I believe.
SwingHard
7/6/2017 7:49pm
SwingHard wrote:
blusmbl wrote:
I think that was the same year Stewart beat him indoors 5 times, straight up. RV was good but not even close to an RC level...

Was Supercross only 5 rounds that year? Com' on man'!
Juice_Mann
7/6/2017 9:30pm
SwingHard wrote:
blusmbl wrote:
I think that was the same year Stewart beat him indoors 5 times, straight up. RV was good but not even close to an RC level...

Uhh do you not remember JS beating RC straight up in SX more than 5 times? He beat RC the first three races of the year in '06. If we're talking outdoors I may have to give the nod to RC but I would take RV indoors over RC every day of the week. And in addition if you take away the SX title RC cheated in with the leaded fuel then they each have 4 SX titles. I still don't understand how he was able to get those points back.
downard254
7/7/2017 8:00am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2017 11:18am
newmann wrote:
Alex814 wrote:
Yes and it was only supercross he missed. Came back and went 24-0 on the new Honda 450 in 2004, straight off the ACL I believe.
And don't forget the very next year in 2005 he went 23-1 on the Suzuki

Edit: Sorry 22-2
TsmithMX
7/7/2017 9:05am
I take RC any time. He had a desire to win unlike anyone else. Regardless of who you put him up against he would've found a...
I take RC any time. He had a desire to win unlike anyone else. Regardless of who you put him up against he would've found a way.
Well said sir. Even though a prime stew for one Moto is tempting, RCs burning desire to win is hard to bet against.
TsmithMX
7/7/2017 9:17am
RD757 wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Oh how quickly people forget...

RC has as many perfect seasons as RV has 450 titles. Just think about that.
Haha natedawg so true! Damn RC was a badass
TDeath21
7/7/2017 3:38pm
NateDawg wrote:
Nobody could touch JS on his best days? Really? Because I never once saw Stewart race away from RC on a motocross track. If he started...
Nobody could touch JS on his best days? Really? Because I never once saw Stewart race away from RC on a motocross track. If he started to pull a gap, Ricky picked it right back up. Now on the contrary, I watched Carmichael race away from Stewart loads of times. It happened all the time in '06. Hell, go watch High Point from '07. Ricky was partially retired and still ran that dude down and beat him in moto 1 and then handed it to him in moto 2. Stewart was all-out faster than RC on a Supercross track, but he never once checked out on Ricky outdoors.

As for RV, I already mentioned how an aging Reed was able to give Villopoto fits at times outdoors. RC decimated a prime Chad Reed almost every single moto they raced each other. In Supercross RV could've given Carmichael a run for his money, but Ricky was the man outdoors. I do think Villopoto would beat McGrath indoors though. Outdoors, McGrath isn't even top 20 all time.
Accurate, RV would probably be pretty evenly matched with JS in MX overall though RV has the mental strength over JS also was more consistent but...
Accurate, RV would probably be pretty evenly matched with JS in MX overall though RV has the mental strength over JS also was more consistent but in SX JS comfortably JS beat RV in 2014 which isn't even close to James peak.

I began watching MX as a kid when I was 11 in 2001 I was a big Carmichael fan but then I was watching James a year later on the 125 he instantly became my favourite, I thought he'd have many more titles and accolades by now but things don't always go to planned I guess.

As for the list.

1 lap - 2008 Tomac/JS?
1 moto - 2006 RC or Tomac '15 it's hard to split by eye but Tomac was seriously hauling ass.
1 overall - 2006 RC
1 season - 2006 RC.

PS: I was reading your post and I already had Regulate playing in my head then I checked your user name :O.
So you pick out a few races in 2014 where Stewart beat Villopoto and ignore the others? Villopoto had Stewart covered in every single championship they competed in together except for 2009 SX.
LastCall211
7/7/2017 6:59pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
I'm certain there will be a lot of people giving me shit so I decided to do a little research to back my argument. RV was...
I'm certain there will be a lot of people giving me shit so I decided to do a little research to back my argument. RV was seconds faster per lap than everyone at the 2007 MXDN and he was riding a 250! Link below.

http://racerxonline.com/2007/09/25/sign-of-the-lap-times-red-bull-motoc…
If you want to use the mxon argument, I would mention that stewart smoked rv at the 08 mxon. And at the 06 mxon.
Mr. G
7/7/2017 7:06pm
Scarfy_14 wrote:
I'd say Ricky outdoors.... JS7 indoors..
Ricky just wore you down in motocross and seemed to have another gear.
This sums it up perfectly
7/7/2017 8:45pm
Tomac before "tha swap"

I've never seen anything like that before. It looked like a video gane the way he and that bike worked together. That pace proved to be unsustainable though. Something Carmichael, and Stew to a lesser extent, had figured out.

Post a reply to: '08 JS vs '06-'07 RC vs '13 RV vs '16 KROC vs '15 ET

The Latest