07CR250R STOLEN in Chester NY -FULLY RESTORED TO NEW

tzmike
Edited Date/Time 10/18/2020 2:24pm
The bike was buried deep and covered in MY SIDE of a large storage bldg. Was last seen by the landlord on 9/27/20. Was discovered stolen on 10/3/20
This just COINCIDENTALLY (HA HA) went missing when the adjacent tenant was moving out with multiple box trucks. He ha... The trucks were backed in deep so the contents being loaded could not be viewed. 3/4 of a year to bead blast, engine build (10 min heat cycle only) all new plastics, graphics, all the org wire and hose retainers new. Nothing was skimped on. All the orginal safety decals and I could go on
Many Vitards have had the same happen. I'm gutted beyond belief. 5-0 is on the case and reward posted on craigslist. Any NEW YORKERS, PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD. Key distinctions are the yellow sidewall stickers and minuscule seat opening at rear on each side where black meets red. Thank you guys for possibly seeing my baby and a miracle happens and it is recovered

THANKS ALL

|
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
10/6/2020 5:28am
Can you get in touch with then tenants that was moving out? Was it them in the trucks or hired help. I would go straight to them.

Good luck, that is sickening.
10/6/2020 5:36am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2020 5:38am
You’re probably right, when my YZ 250 was lifted out of my garage in the next day or so the assholes across the street moved. He saw me washing it after a race on my driveway by two weeks before it’s too bad I only found this out after heavy investigation in about three weeks after it was gone. Really no thanks to the police had to do everything myself most police look at stolen dirt bikes like well you know insurance will cover it—that’s an insurance claim or whatever. so they’re not too worried about recovery. And I’m sure you didn’t have the bike insured for fire/theft ??

These things are like murders if you can’t find it in 48 hours you’ll never find it or it’ll be trashed beyond belief. I’d be hard investigating myself those people that moved out. Then if you locate or get eyes on the bike just go get it back.

The Shop

LKHill
10/6/2020 6:20am
Bike thefts in NYS are reaching epic proportions. I have been hearing about more off-road vehicles being stolen in the last month than I can ever remember.
snackfedbear
10/6/2020 6:36am
Man I’m truly sorry to read this. I hope you can get it back
tzmike
10/6/2020 6:45am
Thank you all. A dealer had a new one still in the crate. I dont want it. I want MY BIKE as it has my blood into the resto. I'm gutted to say the least. The mover DID have 20 somethings helping. The owner can only drive one van at a time. I believe that the owner pulled out and the "kids" went snooping and saw it, loaded the owners stuff and put my bike in last so they could stop and drop it and continue with the owners stuff. You guys are correct in the FIVE O really put dirt bike to the side or sweep it under the carpet.
I think my only hope is to spread this on as many social sites as possible.. I am miserable. Any helpful comments and even your sympathies ease my loss.
Thank all you guys for your support.
Mike
VetMX.com
10/6/2020 6:54am
Brutal. I hope you get it back and right wing hit squad them in Minecraft..
Rickyisms
10/6/2020 6:57am
LKHill wrote:
Bike thefts in NYS are reaching epic proportions. I have been hearing about more off-road vehicles being stolen in the last month than I can ever...
Bike thefts in NYS are reaching epic proportions. I have been hearing about more off-road vehicles being stolen in the last month than I can ever remember.
Same down in FL. I’m on the verge of buying a van just for the sole fact of not being seen with a bike visible while driving. My friend got his stolen and wound up finding it months later. He got the kid to talk on how their whole system works. It’s a lot more than just busting into random houses.

My friend in VA told me about the duct tape over the license plate at Budds creek during the national. That’s crazy.
philG
10/6/2020 7:14am
LKHill wrote:
Bike thefts in NYS are reaching epic proportions. I have been hearing about more off-road vehicles being stolen in the last month than I can ever...
Rickyisms wrote:
Same down in FL. I’m on the verge of buying a van just for the sole fact of not being seen with a bike visible while...
Same down in FL. I’m on the verge of buying a van just for the sole fact of not being seen with a bike visible while driving. My friend got his stolen and wound up finding it months later. He got the kid to talk on how their whole system works. It’s a lot more than just busting into random houses.

My friend in VA told me about the duct tape over the license plate at Budds creek during the national. That’s crazy.
You are 20 years behind the UK... the expectation that a bike in a pickup 'will be fine' is long gone here. Plain van, no stickers, never practice where you live.
10/6/2020 7:53am
They see you traveling down the interstate and follow you. That’s a good one.

They friend you on Facebook and case your life.

They send a grunt to get it. Then the bike exchanged hands two or three times and gets moved to inner cities immediately.

Cleveland bikelife yo-yos usually test ride your shit. Leave with it. Put it on a plain rental Penske truck and take it to Atlanta....trade it around. Ride it. Trash it. Whatever. They’re not stupid. They’re just hustling people out of bikes.
Gworm
10/6/2020 7:59am
I have an 07, not as nice as yours... I know Id be out for blood !
Rickyisms
10/6/2020 8:00am
They see you with a bike and follow you home, scope your house, record your address and pass it off in a group and it’s a free for all for whoever is first to hit the lick. They wait in gas station parking litany near the interstate because it’s the easiest way to find people coming home from riding. Bikes from the county over wind up here and bikes from our county wind up in that one.

That’s one group at least. When you get into more south Florida then it’s a small percentage of bike life goons and majority is an hour after your bike is stolen it’s in a crate on its way to South America.
Rickyisms
10/6/2020 8:01am
LKHill wrote:
Rickyisms wrote:
Same down in FL. I’m on the verge of buying a van just for the sole fact of not being seen with a bike visible while...

philG wrote:
You are 20 years behind the UK... the expectation that a bike in a pickup 'will be fine' is long gone here. Plain van, no stickers...
You are 20 years behind the UK... the expectation that a bike in a pickup 'will be fine' is long gone here. Plain van, no stickers, never practice where you live.
Is the “bike life” kinda deal popular over there? Or is it more of tweakers jacking shit just to make a buck?
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
10/6/2020 8:06am
The system at Budds was the gooons troll the parking lot at the track and record license plate numbers. Then they take the list of numbers to a friend they have on the "inside" who can access the DMV database and give them addresses to go with the license plate. Now they know exactly where the guy with the nice bike they saw lives and they show up in the middle of the night to get it. They also know MD is a communist state with very restrictive gun laws so their chance of getting capped is low.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
10/6/2020 8:10am
Oh dude, what a bummer. It makes me sick to my stomach knowing what work you had to go through, only to get that bike stolen. Sad
10/6/2020 8:14am
Man I fucking hate thieves. Absolute scum of the earth. Sorry to hear this man, I hope you are able to get it back.
mxnick
10/6/2020 9:56am
I see you posted a photo the of the vin, but you should also write it out. That way anyone searching the VIN will find it on this message board, and or whereever else you posted it. About 8 years ago, I was going to buy a Uber rare Honda rc45, but then I ran a quick google search on the VIN and sure enough, it was reported stolen some 14 years earlier, and popped up on an archived message board.
Rickyisms
10/6/2020 10:20am
mxnick wrote:
I see you posted a photo the of the vin, but you should also write it out. That way anyone searching the VIN will find it...
I see you posted a photo the of the vin, but you should also write it out. That way anyone searching the VIN will find it on this message board, and or whereever else you posted it. About 8 years ago, I was going to buy a Uber rare Honda rc45, but then I ran a quick google search on the VIN and sure enough, it was reported stolen some 14 years earlier, and popped up on an archived message board.
JH2ME03367M100929
tzmike
10/7/2020 7:29am
Thank you for the sympathy and putting the VIN spelled out and the FB link for CR'S. I think I will post my REWARD FOR ITS RETURN on the FB marketplace. I'm worried IT WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF STATE. If the detective finds and questions the "hire a helper" guys, hopefully they will crack and spill the beans. Otherwise I will have to start from scratch with a used one. Ahhhhhh.... . I'm going to try and stay positive. But we here all know the deal on the odds of getting it back
tzmike
10/7/2020 7:40am
FGR01, copying the craigslist reward post to the FB marketplace now. That was a great heads up. And a wise move. Thank you my friend.
tzmike
10/7/2020 7:46am
In the future, I intend to use square tube and mig weld so it cant be rolled. Will require a grinder or oxy/acetylene torch to move it. After this violation of my bike, I wont mind the extra work to move it. Its extreme but I can sleep better
Gworm
10/7/2020 7:57am
I would think if it’s in a shared area, the owner should have someone present when anyone is moving things out.
tzmike
10/8/2020 3:20am
I myself was in upstate NY seeing my lil princess granddaughter who at 11 months endured 2 open heart surgeries. The owner lives set back behind the bldg and is in her 80's. I wish I was around to give the thieves a 2nd thought about taking it knowing I was there
tzmike
10/8/2020 3:41am
Well well. A mint 07CR250 was posted on FB marketplace. AND it's located in the same town as the old tenant. Fingers crossed for me guys. I forwarded the post to the detective.
I hope I dont get a let down but it's too COINCIDENTALLY the same looking bike with the stock pipe removed and a PC pipe (brand new) in its place. All your suggestions and support are nothing but helpful and help ease my anxiety.
10/8/2020 5:02am
tzmike wrote:
Well well. A mint 07CR250 was posted on FB marketplace. AND it's located in the same town as the old tenant. Fingers crossed for me guys...
Well well. A mint 07CR250 was posted on FB marketplace. AND it's located in the same town as the old tenant. Fingers crossed for me guys. I forwarded the post to the detective.
I hope I dont get a let down but it's too COINCIDENTALLY the same looking bike with the stock pipe removed and a PC pipe (brand new) in its place. All your suggestions and support are nothing but helpful and help ease my anxiety.
shiiit, sounds interesting! I would try to get detective involved. If not then get my buddy to call and inquire about the bike without specific questions and just say that wanna try some dirt bikes and considers this would be a good bike to start with.. I would love to pay a visit to them Smile
Gworm
10/8/2020 5:46am
tzmike wrote:
Well well. A mint 07CR250 was posted on FB marketplace. AND it's located in the same town as the old tenant. Fingers crossed for me guys...
I would call the detective and do everything I could to have him go with you to look at it. We were broken into a few years ago, and in our experience, you have to ride them hard to get any action.
tzmike
10/8/2020 8:49am
I'm at the State Police barracks now. I may lose it over red tape with the local PD saying they are handling it and there is no need for the Troopers to get involved. The more time it is gone, the likely hood of it being returned goes down.

Post a reply to: 07CR250R STOLEN in Chester NY -FULLY RESTORED TO NEW

The Latest