01 cr250 vs newer 4 strokes

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2018 9:23 PM

Tokyo_Tiddler wrote:

The logic is wandering now.. I wasn't talking about the bike I just built this year, I was talking about the year 2001 in ...more

If you feel the need you can jump in & give all the balancing opinion you want. It's an open forum..

I was doing the same thing, but seemed to have hit a cord with some sensitive members.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/28/2018 9:24 PM

JWACK wrote:

I'm really just giving you shit man. Your in love with that gen 3. And that's ok.

I'm old skool. I do my talking face to face...

|

8/29/2018 3:56 AM

erik_94COBRA wrote:

I like my 01/03 hybrid as well. Runs and handles great.

But, my 2017 Husqvarna TC250 does everything better.

JWACK wrote:

I'm thinking of picking up a new 18 tc 250 this weekend.! On sale for 7k. I didn't like my 16 ktm. But I think that's just ...more

The counter balanced engine is great. The brakes, clutch, weight, and the rest all add up to make it even better.

|

8/30/2018 10:24 PM

H4L wrote:

I could understand why RC would say those things about Honda since he felt disrespected at the end. I've talked to Chad Watt's ...more

deanwhite51 wrote:

It wasnt just Ricky that had trouble setting up the Hondas.. it as majority of the team riders..

there was a lot more work ...more

H4L wrote:

1st of heard of frames cracking ? Have owned (7) 02-07 CR2's & have never had any issues as they've been bullet proof ...more

https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Race-Shop,42/Honda-Frame-Crack,1306099

|

8/30/2018 10:29 PM

H4L wrote:

I could understand why RC would say those things about Honda since he felt disrespected at the end. I've talked to Chad Watt's ...more

deanwhite51 wrote:

It wasnt just Ricky that had trouble setting up the Hondas.. it as majority of the team riders..

there was a lot more work ...more

H4L wrote:

1st of heard of frames cracking ? Have owned (7) 02-07 CR2's & have never had any issues as they've been bullet proof ...more

https://motocrossactionmag.com/two-stroke-tuesday-we-ride-pro-circuits-2004-honda-cr250/

|

8/31/2018 12:15 AM

So that is what 2-3 frames ? Yet you made it sound like it was a common thing ? Anymore you can post up ?

|

8/31/2018 12:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2018 8:41 AM

You proved my point about the mags starting the negativity on the 3rd gen CR2. I've posted a few links that show how competitive this gen CR is / was & the track record it has. From Jean-Sébastien Roy in Canada to RC4 & in-between. The facts are hard to disprove...

"the suspension and handling got better (after abortive starts with the first- and second-generation aluminum frames). The 2004 Honda CR250 is a terrific rolling chassis; durable, reliable, accurate and well suspended. What an amazing turn around".

That actually contradicts your own comments about the handling of the last gen CR's.

"Pro Circuit made this the most powerful CR250 we had ever rode. However, only the gifted could tame it".

As a vet rider I have no issues taming it..

"We have to give credit where credit was due. Pro Circuit spent the farm trying to turn our 2004 CR250 into a silk purse. They ported it, piped it, milled it, Moto Tassinari’ed it, Hinson’ed it, VP C-12’ed and Renthal’ed it. The end result? It was fast. Very fast. Very potent. Very aggressive. But, it still ran like a CR250. What does that mean? The prototypical 2004 CR250 lacks low-end power".

I tried a PC works pipe combined with the cyl. / head mods on an 03 model (in 2005) & found it to be more of a mid-top powerband. By switching to a Doma pipe (filled in the lowend gap) & JD ign. it really complimented the PC cyl. port work & head mods. After those 2 changes it really helped broaden the powerband & haven't ridden a more powerful potent 250 2t engine to date.

|

8/31/2018 12:35 AM

RC4 had a big part in it, but that turd sure came through that day against all the thumpers.

2003 MXON moto 1

2003 MXON moto 2
|