STAY FAR AWAY FROM MICHAEL BENNETT FROM MBP LLC !!!!!

roofmc79
I know this is a long one, but there are a lot of details that illustrate what happened and why I am sharing my experience.

I had my 2001 CR250 engine built by Michael Bennette from MBP. I went with Michael because I liked a lot of what he posted. He seemed like he was meticulous & paid attention to detail. The only reason why I didn't do it myself was because I had my hands full with other projects going on in my garage and figured that he'd get it done faster than I would being that this is what he does for a living.

After about 6 months, I finally received my engine in October 2017. It was in the same box that I sent my LEFT AND RIGHT CASES IN to Michael. So again, he sent my entire engine back to me in the same box I sent him the left and right cases. Not even a fragile sticker on the box. Needless to say, the box was all chewed up from delivery.

I opened up the box and I saw a disgusting cerakote job. There were runs, build up and gauge marks in the cases and my brand new cylinder. The inner clutch cover was off, so the engine was wide open.

I need to back up and explain about the inner clutch cover. The inner clutch cover was powder coated because he said his cerakote guy couldn't get the cerakote to stick because it was oil soaked. I told him I was going to ask the KX Guru guys if they had this problem. I knew Alex Ward was cerakoting at this point. Michael said don't bother because I'd get the same answer that he already told me. Michael also said that he spoke to Adam Millar, Alex Ward and Steve Paris about it. I asked him if any of the guys mentioned Ultra Sonic cleaner and he said yes, Ultra Sonic tanks and baking as a last resort.

Well, he said nothing worked, so he powder coated it white, which I hated. I told him don't put the water pump bearings and seals in because I'll figure something out. That did not mean that I wanted him to send back my engine with the cover off.

I saw what looked like dirt mixed in the assembly oil in the exposed side of the engine. I got back in touch with Michael and explained to him how unhappy I was with everything. I sent him pics of everything and explained how there was dirt in the exposed side of the engine. He said “What in the world”, that he spent 45mins cleaning the inner cases. He said it was spotless. He asked what box it was in, maybe they re-boxed it, maybe they dropped it a bunch of times. I sent him a pic of the box and he confirmed that it was the box he sent it in.

When I told him about the coating issues, he said he'd give me Jacobson welding and powder coatings number so that I could talk to him. I told him I didn't want his number because I gave Michael the job, not Jacobson. Then he said that he obviously “effed up” and asked what he needed to do to make it right. That's all I wanted to hear, I thought to myself. He asked if we can pick up the conversation the next day because he didn't get a lot of sleep. I told him yes, no problem. The next day I asked him what he came up with. He said he wanted to get in touch with the guy who did the coating. I said ok, let me know.

The next day, I sent him more pics of runs or build up of the Boyesen covers he had coated. He said that's the covers themselves. THIS IS NOT TRUE. He then tells me he had to cut some weight in his shop and this “eff up” won't happen again. He also said his business partner split on him and he was the reason all of this happened. Two days go by and I ask him what's going on. He says he's been meaning to message me. The coating guy said because the cases were too oil soaked, already sand blasted and baked at 500 degrees that it's not worth trying to re-do. He said that he would remove the cerakote and clean the cases up. I told him I'm not sending it back to him. I wanted to be reimbursed for the coating and the build of the engine. The engine build was $275 and the coating was $300. He didn't respond.
Three days went by and I reached back out to him telling him I really don't want this dragging out anymore than it already has. He tried to get me to send the engine back to him again, I said there's no way I would send it to him. Then explained again all of the reasons why. He said, “let me think about this. I'm in the middle of putting a couple engines together”. I said there's really not much to think about. I think I'm being more than fair, but ok get back to me today.

Another day goes by.

I tried messaging him twice, no response. I asked if this was the way he really wanted to handle this. He finally got back to me and said “sorry dude, I've been in meetings all day.” Then another couple of hours went by. Finally I asked what is he going to do. The next day he says to give him a little time because his partner froze his bank account. He said he will get me the funds. Then he said this never happened before and it's all because of his partner. Again, he said to give him more time. I said, ok.
5 weeks go by and I ask what is going on. He says he's working on it and he's moving into a new shop. He said again how his partner screwed him, so he's building up funds. I asked how long was he thinking. He said “with having to budget expenses for the new shop I've been going as far as eating every other day to cover things. Simply haven't had money”.

Another week goes by and I ask again what is going on. He said “Ahhhhh shit, I need to send that out. I'll throw it in the mail Monday”. I said, OEM gaskets and the money. Monday comes along and nothing. Tuesday I said why is it that when the build was going on you would respond within minutes. Now you have all your money and I have a problem, you're acting like you don't see my message. I said I've been more than patient with all your excuses. You're acting like a child. I told him I didn't want to share my experience with every MX FB page there is, but you're making me lose my patience.

Of course that got his attention. He brings up his partner again and a bunch of other crap that I didn't care about at that point. He said he has the money, and he'd sent me a pic of it. I said, “$575 right?”, he said no, $500. I said coating and build. He said yea. I said go back and check your prices. He said $250 for build and $240 for the coatings. He said $250 has been his 2 stroke build price since he opened. I sent him a pic of he receipt and said then you over charged me. He said “I sent you an email with invoice and pricing, remember?”, I said NO YOU DID NOT.
I never even gave this guy my email address.

He then blamed his partner again.
He said he was going to scrape up the rest, I said do not forget about me. He FINALLY sent the money and I thought everything was going to be over with.

So, now it's May and I start taking the engine apart. The micro blue bearings fall right out of the case, both main shaft bearings and both counter shaft bearings. He took the time to put loctite on the bearings though. There's glass bead everywhere in the engine. Thank God I took this thing apart. Then, once I removed the shift drum retainers, the bearing just fell out as well. FYI, I supplied all bearings.

I gave him a new OEM shift drum bearing. The one that he put in my engine was not new. He charged me for matching the cases and NEVER DID IT.

On Friday I let him know all of this and he tells me “yeah let me calm down a bit. I found out a couple of months ago that my ex partner was purposely sabotaging some of my builds. Apparently this was one of them.” Afer sending him more pics and videos, he never responded. He didn't respond until the following Tuesday. Then, he finally got back to me only because I said on his FB page that part of being a good businessman is handling things when it goes wrong, get back to me.
He got back to me and said he already paid me back for the labor coating and gaskets. I said you never matched the cases and you put used parts back in my engine. He gave me some BS excuse AGAIN and then unfriended me and blocked me from posting on his business page, which speaks volumes.

As I was cleaning up my cases, I can see where he broke the case, had it welded and then siliconed the the area. Only the area that was welded was siliconed.

I'm beside myself right now. This guy is the first to say what a great job he does. I'm here telling everyone it's all BS. Maybe he treats his customers in his state differently, but he clearly does not want to make things right with me. As previously mentioned, he did say that his ex-partner purposely sabotaged other engines, so I wonder how many other people he blocked from his page.

I took pics and videos of me taking the engine apart, so everything I've said can easily be proven.
|
yz133rider
5/15/2018 8:49am
I saw him post on facebook as he was working for other shops then started his own.

He bashed legit builders and claimed he could do a better job, that he knew more and would do a better job at a better price etc etc.

He was bashing names like pc or Watt's, you know, rc's mechanic?

Kid was full of shit and egotistical i spotted that when he bashed those truly legendary names. He got fired from his jobs too and left on bad terms, kids a wreck man.
roofmc79
5/15/2018 3:56pm
Your so right. He told me he left Watts because Watts didnt meet his expectations. If you go on the KX GU RU page or the CR500 Conversion page you can see all the bs. He contradicts himself and he doesnt even realize it. He either broke my case and welded it or swapped it with other cases. I thoroughly went over the case when I bought them and there was no repair made to them. He tried to say I had the engine cases sent to him directly from an ebay seller and thats how they came, repaired/welded. I was able to share a pm from a message that I sent to him earlier on in the build proving he lied. Ill post some pics

yz133rider
5/15/2018 4:32pm
roofmc79 wrote:
Your so right. He told me he left Watts because Watts didnt meet his expectations. If you go on the KX GU RU page or the...
Your so right. He told me he left Watts because Watts didnt meet his expectations. If you go on the KX GU RU page or the CR500 Conversion page you can see all the bs. He contradicts himself and he doesnt even realize it. He either broke my case and welded it or swapped it with other cases. I thoroughly went over the case when I bought them and there was no repair made to them. He tried to say I had the engine cases sent to him directly from an ebay seller and thats how they came, repaired/welded. I was able to share a pm from a message that I sent to him earlier on in the build proving he lied. Ill post some pics

Im definitely sorry you went thru all that but theres a reason there are a handful of legendary engine guys in mx. They earned it. I just happen to have seen him on a random fb page and saw his "rise" from shop sweeper to owning his own set up and then him running his mouth bashing Watt's and others.

As soon as i saw him bashing them and promoting his own work as above theirs i knew he was full of shit. Someone like Watt's or Mitch or Derek Harris, Tom Morgan, and a couple other names have been at it for decades and this kid worked at a shop for a couple years and thinks he knows it all.

I wouldnt let him change a spark plug.
roofmc79
5/15/2018 6:13pm
Thanks bud, I appreciate it. I wish I caught him when he was a sweeper lol. I acttually found him on the KX GU RU page. I asked Mike Wier a question and Michael Bennette responded. Then from there I went to his fancy FB page. Clearly I didnt do enough research about him, unfortunately

The Shop

mnmxer368
6/3/2018 10:01pm
I help run a Facebook group called nuke the quads. A buddy/member sent his forks to the dude to get the spring conversion on his 2015 crf250r. Took him 3 months and his first attempt it had leaky seals. Tried it again and still leaked. Brought it to another suspension builder and it turns out Bennett had forgotten to tighten up the fork lug. Glad you posted this here.
roofmc79
6/10/2018 6:44pm
mnmxer368 wrote:
I help run a Facebook group called nuke the quads. A buddy/member sent his forks to the dude to get the spring conversion on his 2015...
I help run a Facebook group called nuke the quads. A buddy/member sent his forks to the dude to get the spring conversion on his 2015 crf250r. Took him 3 months and his first attempt it had leaky seals. Tried it again and still leaked. Brought it to another suspension builder and it turns out Bennett had forgotten to tighten up the fork lug. Glad you posted this here.
Bro he's such a shady lying piece of shit. I posted this same post on a couple facebook pages and at least 3 people private messaged me to tell me there horror stories about him. He has no bad reviews on his facebook page because he blocks people from posting as soon as he sees theirs an issue. The kid seriously has no clue what he's doing.

Also he use to work for Chad Watts and he totally screwed him over. Chad had some health issues with his daughter and he was in the hospital for three days. So while Chad was in the hospital Michael Bennett decides to go through Chads files, trying to steal his customers among other things. This came straight from Chads mouth. The kid is such a low life smfh.
mnmxer368
6/10/2018 6:50pm
roofmc79 wrote:
Bro he's such a shady lying piece of shit. I posted this same post on a couple facebook pages and at least 3 people private messaged...
Bro he's such a shady lying piece of shit. I posted this same post on a couple facebook pages and at least 3 people private messaged me to tell me there horror stories about him. He has no bad reviews on his facebook page because he blocks people from posting as soon as he sees theirs an issue. The kid seriously has no clue what he's doing.

Also he use to work for Chad Watts and he totally screwed him over. Chad had some health issues with his daughter and he was in the hospital for three days. So while Chad was in the hospital Michael Bennett decides to go through Chads files, trying to steal his customers among other things. This came straight from Chads mouth. The kid is such a low life smfh.
I know I'm in kxgurus and was friends with Bennett since before he worked for Chad. He was so full of himself even before that when I met him when he was getting surgery. Now I just laugh and tell people to stay away when his name/company is brought up
roofmc79
6/10/2018 7:08pm Edited Date/Time 6/10/2018 7:09pm
roofmc79 wrote:
Bro he's such a shady lying piece of shit. I posted this same post on a couple facebook pages and at least 3 people private messaged...

mnmxer368 wrote:
I know I'm in kxgurus and was friends with Bennett since before he worked for Chad. He was so full of himself even before that when...
I know I'm in kxgurus and was friends with Bennett since before he worked for Chad. He was so full of himself even before that when I met him when he was getting surgery. Now I just laugh and tell people to stay away when his name/company is brought up
Oh ok gotcha. Lol full of himself is an understatement. Ive never seen someone pat themselves on the back as much as I seen this kid do.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/4/2018 10:10am
roofmc79 wrote:
I know this is a long one, but there are a lot of details that illustrate what happened and why I am sharing my experience. I...
I know this is a long one, but there are a lot of details that illustrate what happened and why I am sharing my experience.

I had my 2001 CR250 engine built by Michael Bennette from MBP. I went with Michael because I liked a lot of what he posted. He seemed like he was meticulous & paid attention to detail. The only reason why I didn't do it myself was because I had my hands full with other projects going on in my garage and figured that he'd get it done faster than I would being that this is what he does for a living.

After about 6 months, I finally received my engine in October 2017. It was in the same box that I sent my LEFT AND RIGHT CASES IN to Michael. So again, he sent my entire engine back to me in the same box I sent him the left and right cases. Not even a fragile sticker on the box. Needless to say, the box was all chewed up from delivery.

I opened up the box and I saw a disgusting cerakote job. There were runs, build up and gauge marks in the cases and my brand new cylinder. The inner clutch cover was off, so the engine was wide open.

I need to back up and explain about the inner clutch cover. The inner clutch cover was powder coated because he said his cerakote guy couldn't get the cerakote to stick because it was oil soaked. I told him I was going to ask the KX Guru guys if they had this problem. I knew Alex Ward was cerakoting at this point. Michael said don't bother because I'd get the same answer that he already told me. Michael also said that he spoke to Adam Millar, Alex Ward and Steve Paris about it. I asked him if any of the guys mentioned Ultra Sonic cleaner and he said yes, Ultra Sonic tanks and baking as a last resort.

Well, he said nothing worked, so he powder coated it white, which I hated. I told him don't put the water pump bearings and seals in because I'll figure something out. That did not mean that I wanted him to send back my engine with the cover off.

I saw what looked like dirt mixed in the assembly oil in the exposed side of the engine. I got back in touch with Michael and explained to him how unhappy I was with everything. I sent him pics of everything and explained how there was dirt in the exposed side of the engine. He said “What in the world”, that he spent 45mins cleaning the inner cases. He said it was spotless. He asked what box it was in, maybe they re-boxed it, maybe they dropped it a bunch of times. I sent him a pic of the box and he confirmed that it was the box he sent it in.

When I told him about the coating issues, he said he'd give me Jacobson welding and powder coatings number so that I could talk to him. I told him I didn't want his number because I gave Michael the job, not Jacobson. Then he said that he obviously “effed up” and asked what he needed to do to make it right. That's all I wanted to hear, I thought to myself. He asked if we can pick up the conversation the next day because he didn't get a lot of sleep. I told him yes, no problem. The next day I asked him what he came up with. He said he wanted to get in touch with the guy who did the coating. I said ok, let me know.

The next day, I sent him more pics of runs or build up of the Boyesen covers he had coated. He said that's the covers themselves. THIS IS NOT TRUE. He then tells me he had to cut some weight in his shop and this “eff up” won't happen again. He also said his business partner split on him and he was the reason all of this happened. Two days go by and I ask him what's going on. He says he's been meaning to message me. The coating guy said because the cases were too oil soaked, already sand blasted and baked at 500 degrees that it's not worth trying to re-do. He said that he would remove the cerakote and clean the cases up. I told him I'm not sending it back to him. I wanted to be reimbursed for the coating and the build of the engine. The engine build was $275 and the coating was $300. He didn't respond.
Three days went by and I reached back out to him telling him I really don't want this dragging out anymore than it already has. He tried to get me to send the engine back to him again, I said there's no way I would send it to him. Then explained again all of the reasons why. He said, “let me think about this. I'm in the middle of putting a couple engines together”. I said there's really not much to think about. I think I'm being more than fair, but ok get back to me today.

Another day goes by.

I tried messaging him twice, no response. I asked if this was the way he really wanted to handle this. He finally got back to me and said “sorry dude, I've been in meetings all day.” Then another couple of hours went by. Finally I asked what is he going to do. The next day he says to give him a little time because his partner froze his bank account. He said he will get me the funds. Then he said this never happened before and it's all because of his partner. Again, he said to give him more time. I said, ok.
5 weeks go by and I ask what is going on. He says he's working on it and he's moving into a new shop. He said again how his partner screwed him, so he's building up funds. I asked how long was he thinking. He said “with having to budget expenses for the new shop I've been going as far as eating every other day to cover things. Simply haven't had money”.

Another week goes by and I ask again what is going on. He said “Ahhhhh shit, I need to send that out. I'll throw it in the mail Monday”. I said, OEM gaskets and the money. Monday comes along and nothing. Tuesday I said why is it that when the build was going on you would respond within minutes. Now you have all your money and I have a problem, you're acting like you don't see my message. I said I've been more than patient with all your excuses. You're acting like a child. I told him I didn't want to share my experience with every MX FB page there is, but you're making me lose my patience.

Of course that got his attention. He brings up his partner again and a bunch of other crap that I didn't care about at that point. He said he has the money, and he'd sent me a pic of it. I said, “$575 right?”, he said no, $500. I said coating and build. He said yea. I said go back and check your prices. He said $250 for build and $240 for the coatings. He said $250 has been his 2 stroke build price since he opened. I sent him a pic of he receipt and said then you over charged me. He said “I sent you an email with invoice and pricing, remember?”, I said NO YOU DID NOT.
I never even gave this guy my email address.

He then blamed his partner again.
He said he was going to scrape up the rest, I said do not forget about me. He FINALLY sent the money and I thought everything was going to be over with.

So, now it's May and I start taking the engine apart. The micro blue bearings fall right out of the case, both main shaft bearings and both counter shaft bearings. He took the time to put loctite on the bearings though. There's glass bead everywhere in the engine. Thank God I took this thing apart. Then, once I removed the shift drum retainers, the bearing just fell out as well. FYI, I supplied all bearings.

I gave him a new OEM shift drum bearing. The one that he put in my engine was not new. He charged me for matching the cases and NEVER DID IT.

On Friday I let him know all of this and he tells me “yeah let me calm down a bit. I found out a couple of months ago that my ex partner was purposely sabotaging some of my builds. Apparently this was one of them.” Afer sending him more pics and videos, he never responded. He didn't respond until the following Tuesday. Then, he finally got back to me only because I said on his FB page that part of being a good businessman is handling things when it goes wrong, get back to me.
He got back to me and said he already paid me back for the labor coating and gaskets. I said you never matched the cases and you put used parts back in my engine. He gave me some BS excuse AGAIN and then unfriended me and blocked me from posting on his business page, which speaks volumes.

As I was cleaning up my cases, I can see where he broke the case, had it welded and then siliconed the the area. Only the area that was welded was siliconed.

I'm beside myself right now. This guy is the first to say what a great job he does. I'm here telling everyone it's all BS. Maybe he treats his customers in his state differently, but he clearly does not want to make things right with me. As previously mentioned, he did say that his ex-partner purposely sabotaged other engines, so I wonder how many other people he blocked from his page.

I took pics and videos of me taking the engine apart, so everything I've said can easily be proven.
Just for future reference, you don’t post bitch sessions about vendors in the Hall of Fame.
dedicatedmoto
8/4/2018 11:56am
"bitch session" Yes, telling the truth about shitty service is somehow a " bitch session". FFS~
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/4/2018 2:05pm
"bitch session" Yes, telling the truth about shitty service is somehow a " bitch session". FFS~
Hey, welcome to the site.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/4/2018 2:10pm
GuyB wrote:
Hey, welcome to the site.
Why, thank you for noticing!!! Wink
I did notice. I also noticed that it didn't end well last time around.

Thanks for stopping by.

Post a reply to: STAY FAR AWAY FROM MICHAEL BENNETT FROM MBP LLC !!!!!

The Latest