Manager of Indian Dunes 1975-1985

dr516
10/21/2009 12:17pm
Ahh the good old days jack is a good guy years after dunes closed and after I was done being serious about racing I went to lacr one day and he remembered me like it was yesterday. I became friends with Johnny when he lived in Simi; lost touch with him after I moved last I saw him was when he tried to make that comeback talked to him at hangtown
toby lawes
10/21/2009 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 10/21/2009 6:06pm
dr516 wrote:
Ahh the good old days jack is a good guy years after dunes closed and after I was done being serious about racing I went to...
Ahh the good old days jack is a good guy years after dunes closed and after I was done being serious about racing I went to lacr one day and he remembered me like it was yesterday. I became friends with Johnny when he lived in Simi; lost touch with him after I moved last I saw him was when he tried to make that comeback talked to him at hangtown
I QUIT RACING WEN THE DUNES CLOSED. BUT I COULDN T LET GO OF THE RACING BUG! IN 1990 I BOUGHT A NEW CR 500 AND WENT TO LACR AND STARTED ALL OVER AGAIN. I WAS SURPRISED WEN JEFF AND JACK REMEMBERD ME TO!!!!! BUT ? THERS NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE NAMED TOBY LAWESLOL LOL !! I STARTED IN THE 500CC NOV CLASS. AND JEFF WOULD GIVE ME A HARD TIME ABOUT IT!! ME AND MY SON STILL RACE UP HERE IN NOR CAL. MOSTLEY AT E STREET MX & RIVER FRONT RACE WAY . YOUR RIGHT (THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!!!)
Dad Dunes
11/1/2009 1:14pm
TOBY.. THANKS FOR THE E-MAIL AND FOR SAYING SOME REAL NICE THINGS ..ALL YOU KIDS WERE SPECIAL TO ME. AND .IF THINGS WERE RUNNING SMOOTH AT THE PARK ON RACE DAYS I ALLWAYS WATCHED THE MINI'S RACE..IT WAS A BLAST TO WATCH YOU KIDS GROW UP AND GET FASTER AND FASTER..

DOES ANYONE REMBER THE SUNDAY ON SHADOW GLEN CRC $1,000 PRO PAY BACK WHEN I DISQUALIFED THE " O" SHOW FOR PIT RIDING? I ALMOST HAD TO GO
INTO THE WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM .....LATER OMERA WAS MAN ENOUGH
TO TELL ME HE WAS WRONG AND AND HE SHOULD BE SETTING A BETTER EXAMPLE FOR THE KIDS...
THANKS AGAIN TOBY...GARY

toby lawes
11/1/2009 2:18pm
Dad Dunes wrote:
TOBY.. THANKS FOR THE E-MAIL AND FOR SAYING SOME REAL NICE THINGS ..ALL YOU KIDS WERE SPECIAL TO ME. AND .IF THINGS WERE RUNNING SMOOTH AT...
TOBY.. THANKS FOR THE E-MAIL AND FOR SAYING SOME REAL NICE THINGS ..ALL YOU KIDS WERE SPECIAL TO ME. AND .IF THINGS WERE RUNNING SMOOTH AT THE PARK ON RACE DAYS I ALLWAYS WATCHED THE MINI'S RACE..IT WAS A BLAST TO WATCH YOU KIDS GROW UP AND GET FASTER AND FASTER..

DOES ANYONE REMBER THE SUNDAY ON SHADOW GLEN CRC $1,000 PRO PAY BACK WHEN I DISQUALIFED THE " O" SHOW FOR PIT RIDING? I ALMOST HAD TO GO
INTO THE WITNESS PROTECTION PROGRAM .....LATER OMERA WAS MAN ENOUGH
TO TELL ME HE WAS WRONG AND AND HE SHOULD BE SETTING A BETTER EXAMPLE FOR THE KIDS...
THANKS AGAIN TOBY...GARY

YOUR WELCOME GARY! NO I DONT REMEMBER THE O SHOW SPANKING! BUT FAIR IS FAIR. AND U WER ALLWAYS FAIR TO US CRAZY KIDS EVEN WHEN WE DIDENT DESERVE IT. THANK U YOU!!!! TOBY LAWES AKA(SNAKE).

The Shop

Steiny
11/1/2009 5:21pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAw the good old days.

DR516 do you remeber how bad Jerry Anchor and David Antillion hated each other?
That was a rivalry.

Toby if you dont remeber me I am going to be insulted.
toby lawes
11/1/2009 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2009 6:38pm
Steiny wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAw the good old days. DR516 do you remeber how bad Jerry Anchor and David Antillion hated each other? That was a rivalry. Toby if you...

That was a rivalry.

JENSON PLASTERING RIGHT?????? IF THIS IS MIKE U GOT TO KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
11/1/2009 7:15pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2009 7:16pm
I loved Indian Dunes.
toby lawes
11/1/2009 7:25pm
UpTiTe wrote:
I loved Indian Dunes.
GREATEST MX PARK O N EARTH! AND WE DIDENT EVEN KNOW IT !!!
dr516
11/2/2009 1:46pm
Steiny wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAw the good old days. DR516 do you remeber how bad Jerry Anchor and David Antillion hated each other? That was a rivalry. Toby if you...

That was a rivalry.

toby lawes wrote:
JENSON PLASTERING RIGHT?????? IF THIS IS MIKE U GOT TO KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toby don’t tell me you know this guy LOL. Me and steiny go way back.steiny did I tell you that I ran into David a couple of times with Eric little guy. Have you talk to bogger lately
toby lawes
11/6/2009 9:02am
Steiny wrote:

That was a rivalry.

toby lawes wrote:
dr516 wrote:
Toby don’t tell me you know this guy LOL. Me and steiny go way back.steiny did I tell you that I ran into David a couple...
Toby don’t tell me you know this guy LOL. Me and steiny go way back.steiny did I tell you that I ran into David a couple of times with Eric little guy. Have you talk to bogger lately
I THINK SO?? IS THIS THE SAME MIKEI USED TO WORK WITH AT JENSON PLASTERING ? BACK IN THE 80S? IF SO? WE WORKED TOGETHER FOR YEARS AND ROAD TOGETHER A FEW TIMES! WOW!! WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!! HE NEEDS TO PUT SOME PICTURES ON HIS PROFILE.
Steiny
11/19/2009 4:13pm
toby lawes wrote:
dr516 wrote:
Toby don’t tell me you know this guy LOL. Me and steiny go way back.steiny did I tell you that I ran into David a couple...
toby lawes wrote:
I THINK SO?? IS THIS THE SAME MIKEI USED TO WORK WITH AT JENSON PLASTERING ? BACK IN THE 80S? IF SO? WE WORKED TOGETHER FOR...
I THINK SO?? IS THIS THE SAME MIKEI USED TO WORK WITH AT JENSON PLASTERING ? BACK IN THE 80S? IF SO? WE WORKED TOGETHER FOR YEARS AND ROAD TOGETHER A FEW TIMES! WOW!! WHAT A SURPRISE!!!!! HE NEEDS TO PUT SOME PICTURES ON HIS PROFILE.
Of course you remeber the guy who took you out and spanked you and Bob Bloswich out in the desert. Dude been like 15 years. Hows life?

DR did you run into David riding? he still goes alot. I Havent talked to the dogger, just IMing him.
toby lawes
11/20/2009 3:53pm
dr516 wrote:
toby lawes wrote:
I THINK SO?? IS THIS THE SAME MIKEI USED TO WORK WITH AT JENSON PLASTERING ? BACK IN THE 80S? IF SO? WE WORKED TOGETHER FOR...
Steiny wrote:
Of course you remeber the guy who took you out and spanked you and Bob Bloswich out in the desert. Dude been like 15 years. Hows...
Of course you remeber the guy who took you out and spanked you and Bob Bloswich out in the desert. Dude been like 15 years. Hows life?

DR did you run into David riding? he still goes alot. I Havent talked to the dogger, just IMing him.
whats up ! i do remember u . we had some good times down south. thanks for reminding its been 15 YEARS NOW IFEAL REAL OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL. LIFE IS GOOD I SEE U STILL LIVE DOWN SOUTH, THE COPS RAN ME OUT!!!!! JUST KIDDING LOL! HOW HAVE U BEEN? IM MARRIED AND HAVE A 12 YEAR OLD SON AND LIVE UP HERE IN THE STICKS!!! IN NOR CAL. I STILL RIDE AND MY SON RACES MX WE FOLLOW THE AMP MX SERIES ALL OVER NOR CAL. I HEVE SOME PICTURES ON MY PROFILE I WOULD LUV TO SEE SOME PICTURES ON YOUR PROFILE. TALK TO U LATER TOBY
oldx
11/27/2009 8:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:10pm
Do you remember an old timer that stayed at the dunes in a trailer? His first name was Lou & he was paralyzed at Saddleback.
toby lawes
11/28/2009 11:13am
oldx wrote:
Do you remember an old timer that stayed at the dunes in a trailer? His first name was Lou & he was paralyzed at Saddleback.
NO I DONT? BUT DAN DUNES PROBABLY KNEW HIM.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
12/7/2009 10:39am
#47 Troy Welty. The Weltys were the coolest family ever in existence. That's a family I miss a lot. I used to ride at their house...
#47 Troy Welty. The Weltys were the coolest family ever in existence. That's a family I miss a lot. I used to ride at their house all the time. They lived right by Mouse in Canyon Country and had a cool little track we'd all ride on. That family was a 100% motocross family.
Then you and I have met before. The Weltys are my cousins, and I spent MANY days out there watching Troy and David ride lap after lap.
toby lawes
12/7/2009 12:04pm
i hung out at the weltys all the time! and at mouses house. the next time u talk to troy or dave or vicky please tell them toby says hi !! I KNOW THEY WILL REMEMBER ME.
toby lawes
12/22/2009 6:09pm
hey!! does any one remember a guy that came out to the dunes that worked for PJI? HE DROVE A REALY NICE FORD BRONCO. HE USED TO GIVE LITTEL SPONSER SHIPS TO THE FASTER 80CC RIDERS. HE CAME UP TO ME AT THE STARTING GATE ONE DAY IN 1983 AND PUT A PJI STICKERON MY BACK FINDER . HE SAID U DONT HFTO BUY RACING OIL ANY MORE. PJI WILL BUY IT FOR YOU? HE WASENT KIDDING !! HE GAVE US FREE OIL FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS!! PREE MIX OIL FORK OIL AIR FILTER OIL TRANS OIL ! AND CHAIN LUBE BY THE CASE!!!!! DOES ANY ONE KNOW HIS NAME OR WHAT HAPPEND TO HIM????????
PRETZER
12/29/2009 4:01pm
just checking in to thank you for those great times and tracks @ Indian Dunes! Certainly miss those days - MX, $6M man, BB Blacksheep...a real institiution. I started as a flagger in 1975 - grew up there. Enjoyed the old photos, a lot of memories. Randy Pretzer, 1975 - 1983
toby lawes
12/30/2009 9:33pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2009 9:34pm
PRETZER wrote:
just checking in to thank you for those great times and tracks @ Indian Dunes! Certainly miss those days - MX, $6M man, BB Blacksheep...a real...
just checking in to thank you for those great times and tracks @ Indian Dunes! Certainly miss those days - MX, $6M man, BB Blacksheep...a real institiution. I started as a flagger in 1975 - grew up there. Enjoyed the old photos, a lot of memories. Randy Pretzer, 1975 - 1983
THEY FILMED THE 6 MILLION $ man ther?? i dident know that! he was my hero wen i was littel!!! cool!!!! i thought i knew all the movies filmed ther? i was wrong! thanksfor the info
JACK_Schit
3/19/2010 5:23pm
Gary,

back then.....some times I used to lay under a blanket in the bed of the pickup truck so I wouldn't have to pay gate fee's at the Indian Dunes gate Sad Please forgive me.

I think I raced the last race ever on the shadow glen track?

Gary, do u have any Cycle Scene newspapers?
toby lawes
3/19/2010 10:15pm
JACK_Schit wrote:
Gary, back then.....some times I used to lay under a blanket in the bed of the pickup truck so I wouldn't have to pay gate fee's...
Gary,

back then.....some times I used to lay under a blanket in the bed of the pickup truck so I wouldn't have to pay gate fee's at the Indian Dunes gate Sad Please forgive me.

I think I raced the last race ever on the shadow glen track?

Gary, do u have any Cycle Scene newspapers?
im sure its all good?? GARY WAS A FORGIVING MAN!!!!!SEND HIM A E MAIL!!!!!!1
YZKEN250
4/3/2010 5:25pm
Toby, I remember buying a 1979 or 1980 YZ80 from you for $100. You kept it in the shed outside. It had a gold anodized head on it. You remember that bike? I broke the frame on it up Vasquez Canyon. That thing was so fast. I used to smokel my buddys 1982 RM125 on that thing. Wish I still had it. Me and Willie Surratt took my XR100 motor and put it in his CR80 frame. That bastard kept the bike though. lol
toby lawes
4/6/2010 7:26pm
YZKEN250 wrote:
Toby, I remember buying a 1979 or 1980 YZ80 from you for $100. You kept it in the shed outside. It had a gold anodized head...
Toby, I remember buying a 1979 or 1980 YZ80 from you for $100. You kept it in the shed outside. It had a gold anodized head on it. You remember that bike? I broke the frame on it up Vasquez Canyon. That thing was so fast. I used to smokel my buddys 1982 RM125 on that thing. Wish I still had it. Me and Willie Surratt took my XR100 motor and put it in his CR80 frame. That bastard kept the bike though. lol
yes i do!!! i won the 1980 105cc mod champion ship on that bike.so it was an 80 but it was pushen about 110 ccs. BUY THE WAY WILLY SURRAT USED TO LUV TO RIDE THAT BIKE . HE USED BORROW IT AND NOT COME BACK FOR HOURES HE SAID IT WAS FASTER THEN HIS FACTORY MOD BIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR THE BLAST FROM THE PAST! PS... NEXT TIME U GO TO HOLLISTER HILLS LET ME KNOW I WILL MEET YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! snake !!!!!!!!!!!
AZ35
Fantasy
550th
4/6/2010 9:37pm
toby lawes wrote:
hey!! does any one remember a guy that came out to the dunes that worked for PJI? HE DROVE A REALY NICE FORD BRONCO. HE USED...
hey!! does any one remember a guy that came out to the dunes that worked for PJI? HE DROVE A REALY NICE FORD BRONCO. HE USED TO GIVE LITTEL SPONSER SHIPS TO THE FASTER 80CC RIDERS. HE CAME UP TO ME AT THE STARTING GATE ONE DAY IN 1983 AND PUT A PJI STICKERON MY BACK FINDER . HE SAID U DONT HFTO BUY RACING OIL ANY MORE. PJI WILL BUY IT FOR YOU? HE WASENT KIDDING !! HE GAVE US FREE OIL FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS!! PREE MIX OIL FORK OIL AIR FILTER OIL TRANS OIL ! AND CHAIN LUBE BY THE CASE!!!!! DOES ANY ONE KNOW HIS NAME OR WHAT HAPPEND TO HIM????????
I know Steve Schaeffer (not sure on the spelling of the last name) was the PJ1 rep during the mid 80's. I got a few cases of PJ1 Gold and chain lube and thought I was a factory rider.

But to this day I still buy PJ1 so I guess it worked. That and we used to hang around with Brandy Harvey (PJ's daughter) around the time she was married to Jimmy Button.
YZKEN250
4/7/2010 8:08pm
toby lawes wrote:
yes i do!!! i won the 1980 105cc mod champion ship on that bike.so it was an 80 but it was pushen about 110 ccs. BUY...
yes i do!!! i won the 1980 105cc mod champion ship on that bike.so it was an 80 but it was pushen about 110 ccs. BUY THE WAY WILLY SURRAT USED TO LUV TO RIDE THAT BIKE . HE USED BORROW IT AND NOT COME BACK FOR HOURES HE SAID IT WAS FASTER THEN HIS FACTORY MOD BIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR THE BLAST FROM THE PAST! PS... NEXT TIME U GO TO HOLLISTER HILLS LET ME KNOW I WILL MEET YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! snake !!!!!!!!!!!
My brother still rides, I dont. Crashed bad at Argyle in 2000 and shattered my lower leg and ankle. Got a fused ankle now. I just bench race. lol
toby lawes
4/8/2010 6:31pm
toby lawes wrote:
yes i do!!! i won the 1980 105cc mod champion ship on that bike.so it was an 80 but it was pushen about 110 ccs. BUY...
YZKEN250 wrote:
My brother still rides, I dont. Crashed bad at Argyle in 2000 and shattered my lower leg and ankle. Got a fused ankle now. I just...
My brother still rides, I dont. Crashed bad at Argyle in 2000 and shattered my lower leg and ankle. Got a fused ankle now. I just bench race. lol
sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i still get you guys mixed up?? dam twins !!!LOL sorry to here about your ankle . I KNOW HOW U LOVED RIDING................... SNAKE...........
toby lawes
4/8/2010 6:39pm
toby lawes wrote:
hey!! does any one remember a guy that came out to the dunes that worked for PJI? HE DROVE A REALY NICE FORD BRONCO. HE USED...
AZ35 wrote:
I know Steve Schaeffer (not sure on the spelling of the last name) was the PJ1 rep during the mid 80's. I got a few cases...
I know Steve Schaeffer (not sure on the spelling of the last name) was the PJ1 rep during the mid 80's. I got a few cases of PJ1 Gold and chain lube and thought I was a factory rider.

But to this day I still buy PJ1 so I guess it worked. That and we used to hang around with Brandy Harvey (PJ's daughter) around the time she was married to Jimmy Button.
thanks az35. steve thats right !!! i would love to thank him he !!! I FELT LIKE A FACTORY RIDER TOO! LOL...... by the way i still buy pj1 products too !!!!!!! your right it worked...............
Dean35
9/3/2010 2:23pm
Hey all!
I just sign up and I'm looking for anyone that raced mini's at Indian Dunes in '82 .... Here's a CycleNews clip of the relocated Mini track gate that year. I see me .... Anyone know the others?

toby lawes
9/7/2010 2:41pm
Dean35 wrote:
Hey all! I just sign up and I'm looking for anyone that raced mini's at Indian Dunes in '82 .... Here's a CycleNews clip of the...
Hey all!
I just sign up and I'm looking for anyone that raced mini's at Indian Dunes in '82 .... Here's a CycleNews clip of the relocated Mini track gate that year. I see me .... Anyone know the others?

i raced 80cc and 100cc in 82?? my name is toby lawes but every on called me by my nick name on the back of my leathers ( SNAKE) # 23 YAM.. I WAS RACING THE BIG TRACKS BY THIS TIME ! 100cc exp & 80cc exp ring a bell??? COOL PICTURE I STARTED OUT ON THE MINI TRACK TOO!!
toby lawes
9/7/2010 2:42pm
Dean35 wrote:
Hey all! I just sign up and I'm looking for anyone that raced mini's at Indian Dunes in '82 .... Here's a CycleNews clip of the...
Hey all!

i raced 80cc and 100cc in 82?? my name is toby lawes but every on called me by my nick name on the back of my leathers ( SNAKE) # 23 YAM.. I WAS RACING THE BIG TRACKS BY THIS TIME ! 100cc exp & 80cc exp ring a bell??? COOL PICTURE I STARTED OUT ON THE MINI TRACK TOO!!

Post a reply to: Manager of Indian Dunes 1975-1985

The Latest