New MX video game to hit stores in 2011

Bronson905
Fantasy
503rd
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:53pm
|
72kiteboarder
6/16/2010 5:58pm
Sounds like they may just get the theme right. lets just hope the game play is right as well.
Bronson905
Fantasy
503rd
6/16/2010 9:34pm
Sounds like they may just get the theme right. lets just hope the game play is right as well.
Yeah, I am thinking the exact same thing.
MCfan4life
6/17/2010 4:27am
Oh man I'm excited just thinking about the fact that they will use real track layouts...even if they are MXGP tracks. That brings a more realistic element to the gameplay in my opinion.

We can only hope the gamplay and controls are as good as Reflex....with the added bonus of real track designs (ala Moto GP and WSBK games)....and without the bullshit Reflex has (ATV's, Buggy's, Waypoint, etc)
karnivool
6/28/2010 5:43am
Rainbow has been at it since motocross madness, i doubt this new game can jump in and match reflex iwth regards to controls...lets hope so and lets hope that rainbow takes a clue and drops all the other shit and makes a strict MX/SX game...

1)20 riders(at least)
2) total rider customization(like ea sports)
3) choose ur opponents
4) choose ur tracks for a series
5) a REAL points series that works!
6) a bike graphic editor(like ea sports nascar)

just a few thots

The Shop

jaeckle
6/30/2010 11:30am
The sport deserves a game based on the World or AMA motocross series. Hope it actually happens.
the_wood109
7/5/2010 10:36pm
Black Bean Games is a very capable developer. However, I don't think they can match the terrain degradation that Mx vs Atv has. IMO, that is the best video game development in a long time. However, it is clear that Rainbow does slack in some areas. Hopefully this game can add something fresh...I think they need to in order to compete.
blazer45
7/11/2010 5:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2010 3:33am
MCfan4life wrote:
Oh man I'm excited just thinking about the fact that they will use real track layouts...even if they are MXGP tracks. That brings a more realistic...
Oh man I'm excited just thinking about the fact that they will use real track layouts...even if they are MXGP tracks. That brings a more realistic element to the gameplay in my opinion.

We can only hope the gamplay and controls are as good as Reflex....with the added bonus of real track designs (ala Moto GP and WSBK games)....and without the bullshit Reflex has (ATV's, Buggy's, Waypoint, etc)
I agree with you dude real track layouts and designs will really put more excitements in the game. i can't wait 'till it's release.
jammin76tx
8/10/2010 6:21am
karnivool wrote:
Rainbow has been at it since motocross madness, i doubt this new game can jump in and match reflex iwth regards to controls...lets hope so and...
Rainbow has been at it since motocross madness, i doubt this new game can jump in and match reflex iwth regards to controls...lets hope so and lets hope that rainbow takes a clue and drops all the other shit and makes a strict MX/SX game...

1)20 riders(at least)
2) total rider customization(like ea sports)
3) choose ur opponents
4) choose ur tracks for a series
5) a REAL points series that works!
6) a bike graphic editor(like ea sports nascar)

just a few thots
I'm with you on on all 6 points, karnivool. Cool Bradshaw avatar, too.

Anybody else remember SX Circuit?

An updated version of that would be awesome. It had real AMA tracks, plus riders, gear, bike mods, and a SX track editor. That was all the way back in 1999.
Motodave15
8/22/2010 12:20am
jammin76tx wrote:
I'm with you on on all 6 points, karnivool. Cool Bradshaw avatar, too. Anybody else remember SX Circuit? [img]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4256/249927-supercc_large.jpg[/img] An updated version of that would be...

An updated version of that would be awesome. It had real AMA tracks, plus riders, gear, bike mods, and a SX track editor. That was all the way back in 1999.
Hellyes i remember supercross circuit, by far the best mx game ever..you started in am's then worked your way up to the 125 west then east and then finally the big bike class, i say that even to this day, i think this game was the most fun mx game id ever play...i still play it since i have the emulator on my pc lol
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
8/22/2010 5:44am
jammin76tx wrote:
I'm with you on on all 6 points, karnivool. Cool Bradshaw avatar, too. Anybody else remember SX Circuit? [img]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4256/249927-supercc_large.jpg[/img] An updated version of that would be...

Motodave15 wrote:
Hellyes i remember supercross circuit, by far the best mx game ever..you started in am's then worked your way up to the 125 west then east...
Hellyes i remember supercross circuit, by far the best mx game ever..you started in am's then worked your way up to the 125 west then east and then finally the big bike class, i say that even to this day, i think this game was the most fun mx game id ever play...i still play it since i have the emulator on my pc lol
Right on! If you could morph this game with MX Reflex with more solid online play and you would have the best mx video game ever.

This game had real riders, real tracks!, and a good career mode. It even developed ruts in corners.
8/26/2010 3:41pm
fim world championship tracks only as it sounds.
i wanna play on redbud and other national tracks. as well as real supercross tracks.
step it up EA sports! wtf are you waiting for.
adamdf
9/21/2010 5:43pm
There was also another MX game for PC that was out around the same time as Motocross madness, can't remember the name, it was petty decent. MCM2 was the best though, they had this guy by the username of Spode or something that used to upload tons of tracks, including real world tracks weekly, just like the real supercross tracks, that was awesome..nothing so far has come to rival MCM2 in my book..Reflex is not bad but lets face it, its missing something,
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
9/22/2010 3:48pm
adamdf wrote:
There was also another MX game for PC that was out around the same time as Motocross madness, can't remember the name, it was petty decent...
There was also another MX game for PC that was out around the same time as Motocross madness, can't remember the name, it was petty decent. MCM2 was the best though, they had this guy by the username of Spode or something that used to upload tons of tracks, including real world tracks weekly, just like the real supercross tracks, that was awesome..nothing so far has come to rival MCM2 in my book..Reflex is not bad but lets face it, its missing something,
MX Mania
peelout719
9/23/2010 3:43pm
an updated version of supercross circuit would be TITS.

i still play the original on my ps2. i've got like 50 tracks on a few different memory cards saved. so awesome
9/26/2010 9:01am
Wouldn't it be cool to have an MXDN mode for multiplayer.

Each team comprises of 2 riders. You do 3 short races at one track or maybe even multiple tracks. It doesn't really matter. Sort of like a team death match mode for an MX game.

Ofcourse the servers would have to be a lot more stable for it to be worth while. Just an idea.
9/26/2010 11:02am
I heard a ton of complaints that reflex was too hard, to be honest it was too easy, I mean where's the fun in being 16+ seconds ahead on a supercross track? even with the difficulty all the way up! I hope this one will be more of a challenge, I need a game to play in the winter!
12/19/2010 9:03pm
THQ Announces May 2011 Release Date For Red Faction(R) ArmageddonTM; Bolsters Strong Fiscal 2012 Line-Up

AGOURA HILLS, Calif., Sep 13, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) today announced an updated core games release schedule that reflects a consistent, steady launch of hit titles in fiscal 2012, now including Red Faction(R) ArmageddonTM in May 2011.

In addition to Red Faction Armageddon, THQ's fiscal 2012 core games line-up is expected to include Warhammer(R) 40,000(R) Space Marine(R), MX vs. ATV(R) Alive(TM) and the latest edition of Saints Row(R), as well asthe next installments of fighting games based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship(R) and World Wrestling Entertainment(R), positioning THQ to grow net sales and generate significant earnings and cash flow in fiscal 2012.

THQ President and CEO Brian Farrell said, "THQ's creative organization is delivering a strong pipeline of core game franchises scheduled for release over the next several years, positioning THQ for significant net sales, earnings and cash flow growth. We continue to execute on our plan to deliver great games, market them aggressively and release them in the most advantageous windows."

Primarily as a result of the updated release schedule for Red Faction Armageddon, THQ now expects to report fiscal 2011 non-GAAP net sales in the range of $800 million to $825 million and a non-GAAP loss per share in the range of $0.10 to $0.20.

THQ's core games release schedule* in fiscal 2012 includes:

Title

Anticipated Release Date
Red Faction Armageddon May 2011
MX vs. ATV Alive Spring 2011
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Summer 2011
Saints Row Fall 2011
WWE Fall 2011
UFC Winter 2012

*Release schedule subject to change
12/21/2010 12:39pm
jammin76tx wrote:

Motodave15 wrote:
Hellyes i remember supercross circuit, by far the best mx game ever..you started in am's then worked your way up to the 125 west then east...
Almost broke up with my girlfriend way back when bc of this game! HAHA Many a hours spent playing it!!
1/3/2011 8:30pm
I heard a ton of complaints that reflex was too hard, to be honest it was too easy, I mean where's the fun in being 16+...
I heard a ton of complaints that reflex was too hard, to be honest it was too easy, I mean where's the fun in being 16+ seconds ahead on a supercross track? even with the difficulty all the way up! I hope this one will be more of a challenge, I need a game to play in the winter!
Yes, I agree, on all time, I am 30 sec ahead

Post a reply to: New MX video game to hit stores in 2011

The Latest