Mx Simulator-For those who need help/ questions.

10/27/2012 8:40am
So, a couple of questions. And I hope I can get some answers as most of my MXS questions go unanswered and too many trash talkers over on the official forum.

I've now got an aircard that will allow me to join sessions and race online...I think. So when I connect to a session though it seems the races has already started and it is just a random track from the game.

How do I get to start with the other riders?
Is there a way to choose a track such as one of the Motosport Nationals tracks or Supercross tracks and race them against other people other than just the game's default tracks..
And what all do I need to show the other rider's bikes complete. Most of the opposition's riders bikes frames aren't visible. I thought I had downloaded most of the necessary models but obviously not.

Help!! I suck completely but want to dive in here and hope to enjoy what everyone else is loving.
10/27/2012 9:59am
the main servers on the servers page are 19801 19802 19803. 01 is usually in rotation with the newest national tracks. 02 is usually an organized race server. meaning, for example, lets say theres a scheduled race for a thursday. well that track will likely be up on 02 all week.
and 03 is a supercross server.
the other servers are basically custom servers ran by random people that bought the server space.
when you first join a server, you are in warmup mode because the race has already started. you cant really be put into a race thats already running. When the race is over, everyone will request for a restart. Hit "esc" to bring up your menu. click multiplayer and restart. "T" brings up the chat screen.

to check out the organized races, visit www.racefactorygaming.com and sign up on the site to be able to sign up for races.

models: you can download stock model replacements and skin packs.
http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10256
I think that will be getting updated soon. New honda came out and new kawasaki coming out.
10/27/2012 12:25pm
Thanks four your help SB314. One other question. I have downloaded the Chad Reed Two Two gear and bike skin and thought I downloaded the right model but there is no bike underneath him in race. What model/skin combo do I need?

The Shop

10/27/2012 7:22pm
http://www.puremxs.com/Bikes/BikeViewer.aspx?BikeID=1265

The CR22 jerseys shows up in game bt I must not have the correct bike model even though I have several CRFs. Help.

Also, I'm working on it but what tips can you give to stop the constant nosediving of the front end over jumps. I understand some is realistic but the amount I am seeing is ridiculous. And yes, I am pulling back at face of jumps.

Also, to stand up thru rough sections of track do you just leave the right stick (which I have as my rider control) in the neutral position?

Thanks, dude!
Motodave15
10/27/2012 7:56pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2012 7:58pm
http://www.puremxs.com/Bikes/BikeViewer.aspx?BikeID=1265 The CR22 jerseys shows up in game bt I must not have the correct bike model even though I have several CRFs. Help. Also, I'm...

The CR22 jerseys shows up in game bt I must not have the correct bike model even though I have several CRFs. Help.

Also, I'm working on it but what tips can you give to stop the constant nosediving of the front end over jumps. I understand some is realistic but the amount I am seeing is ridiculous. And yes, I am pulling back at face of jumps.

Also, to stand up thru rough sections of track do you just leave the right stick (which I have as my rider control) in the neutral position?

Thanks, dude!
crf's are usally missing there jm files... thats why you cant see the reed graphics..

Here are alot of the missing jm files you need. CRF JM FILES

Um, for this game, i would put your rider controls as in up and down on the same stick as left and right.... Thus making it easier, because this game its really easy to get out of control.

Turn your max dab speed all the way up too. and you can change your riders weight location via, suspension settings, I usually run a .44-46... depending on how my front end is feeling.

as for nose diving, Two things, run your rear spring rate lower than the front, and run less preload in the rear, also.. increase your rebound damping on the rear end too... I had to mess around with it for ages to stop the nose diving... ill post my current setting's for you.
Motodave15
10/27/2012 8:04pm
Here is my most recent setup- currently running 3rd in points in Open C class

10/29/2012 3:01am
Thanks for the settings, buddy. They have helped me out quite a bit. I still suck and I have stability around 65 right now but I'm sure I'll get better.

A few questions:

How do you dab (and what does that term mean)?

How you get your rider to stand up?

Going thru whoops? I need some tips.

This is the last thing on my mind but how do you whip and scrub? Tips? I'm basically not so much concerned with that last one. Just trying to ride smooth and stay upright. learning to shift and pick lines and not fall at every jump or corner

Also, when I enter a session most of the oppositions bikes have nothing on them or no bike underneath them. I thought i've downloaded most of the necessary models but I must be missing something. Still can't get CR22s bike or a Yoshimura Suzuki either. Help.

Thanks, dude.
MN338
10/29/2012 6:30am
Starchildeyes, I think I can help you with some of your questions.
- The "Sticky Sit/Dab" option. If it's turned on and you press your button to make the rider sit, he will continue to sit until you press the button again. If the option is off, the rider will only sit when you hold the button in. Example; My sit button is the right joystick on a 360 controller. When I hold the stick down my rider sits, let it out and he stands. I prefer running my sit/dab off, but it's all personal preference.
- The rider is always standing, unless you have pressed your sit button.
- I was forever horrible through the whoops also. By now I cleanly get through them 90% of the time. I found it easier to learn them on the 450. The bigger bike has my torque and I found it much easier to keep it tracking over the top of the whoops. Some lean back and some don't lean at all (I like to lean back on the bike). Keep steady throttle and ride a high gear to help the wheel make consistent traction and power delivery over the tops of the whoops. Try hit every whoop with the front wheel and then the back, missing certain whoops throws off your rhythm (making it more likely to drop the front end into the whoops and send you catapulting over the bars). After roughly learning on the 450 I could refine the technique further and transfer it to the smaller bikes with relative ease.
Sorry about the whipping and scrubbing, I can do both but I think I'd have a hard time trying to articulate the rider movements and instructions. Try Youtube or head over to the MXSim forums. You'll find plenty of assistance there.
Hope that helps you to progress in the game. I know how frustrating it can be so hopefully I could help with your riding.
(P.S. Sorry if that's hard to read. It's late and I'm sans Red Bull Dizzy )
10/29/2012 1:34pm
Motodave...or anyone for that matter....can you guys post your controller configuration. I've got a certain setup but also looking to any better ideas for configuring my controller for the game. I do run the left analog as the steering and the right analog as the rider movement (ala Reflex/Alive).
Motodave15
10/29/2012 2:19pm
ask and you shall receive star child

I'm on a ps3 controller too... Fps Pro... to be exact

10/29/2012 6:55pm
Thanks, dude. That is a bit tricky to translate to a xbox 360 controller but I see what you mean. I still haven't quite figured out the sit/dab button yet though and the standing up.

Also, I know you join certain servers for the basic game's tracks, certain servers for this year's new Nationals and certain servers for this year SX but is there a way for say, me to race just one of (or more of you). Like if we got off here and said Dave, lets race Steel City from 2011.....is that possible?
Motodave15
10/29/2012 7:06pm
Thanks, dude. That is a bit tricky to translate to a xbox 360 controller but I see what you mean. I still haven't quite figured out...
Thanks, dude. That is a bit tricky to translate to a xbox 360 controller but I see what you mean. I still haven't quite figured out the sit/dab button yet though and the standing up.

Also, I know you join certain servers for the basic game's tracks, certain servers for this year's new Nationals and certain servers for this year SX but is there a way for say, me to race just one of (or more of you). Like if we got off here and said Dave, lets race Steel City from 2011.....is that possible?
Hmm, well i see if i can translate it lol

My R2- which is your right trigger is my gas button
My L1- which is your left bumper is my clutch
My L2- which is your left trigger are both of my brakes

Now on to the face of the controller

My square button which is X on your controller is my Shift up
My Triangle button which is your Y on your controller is down shift
My X button which is your A button is my reverse i guess.. you know when you crash and you need to turn your bike
My Circle Button is not used, which is your B

My left Joystick, Controls my Forward lean/ Rear Lean and Turning left and right.(Thats why it says axis negative/positive)

Now, We can race on private servers.. or go to a ccool server etc... But unless you buy a server or something, its not really possible to gurantee the track we want to ride.

anyhoo, im down to mob any server just let me know where you want to play, I literally have all night lol

Here is the server list.

Server list!
10/30/2012 2:56am
Thanks for the explanation, bro. I basically use the same set up except I use lean forward and backon my right analog and steering with my left analog. And I have my front brake on LT and back brake on Left analog (clicked down). with that being said, where is a good spot for the sit/dab? Face button or maybe right analog clicked down?

I'll get with you later after work today and maybe we can hook up with some games. Just explain what I do to get on the server we decide on. But be warned I kinda suck right now! Smile

Thanks again for everything.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
10/30/2012 3:02am
My setup:

Throttle: Forward Right Analogue
Both Brakes: Backward Right Analogue
Left: Left Left Analogue
Right: Right Left Analogue
Lean Forward: Forward Left Analogue
Lean Back: Backward Left Analogue
Clutch: L1
Sit/Dab: R1
Downshift: L2
Upshift: R2
Back Up: Triangle
MN338
10/30/2012 7:04am
My 360 Setup:

Throttle: Right trigger
Front and back brake: Left trigger
Lean back: Right stick back
Lean forward: Right stick forward
Steering: Left stick
Up shift: Left bumper
Down shift: X
Sit/dab: Right stick down
Clutch: Right bumper
Back up: Back
Pause: Start
10/30/2012 5:12pm
Couple of questions. I need someone to test it for me.

I have this CR22 skin...

but it won't show up in game. I thought I had the necessary CRF files and the model but evidently I do not. Can someone please test it and see what I need? Also, what about a JS7 Suzuki model and skin? Anything out there?

Lastly, when I race online most of my competitors bikes have no frames or missing parts and graphics. I thought I had downloaded all the necessary bike files but I obviously have not. Can someone help?

Thanks so much for the help, everyone.
Motodave15
10/30/2012 5:29pm
Couple of questions. I need someone to test it for me. I have this CR22 skin... http://www.puremxs.com/Bikes/BikeViewer.aspx?BikeID=1265 but it won't show up in game. I thought...
Couple of questions. I need someone to test it for me.

I have this CR22 skin...

but it won't show up in game. I thought I had the necessary CRF files and the model but evidently I do not. Can someone please test it and see what I need? Also, what about a JS7 Suzuki model and skin? Anything out there?

Lastly, when I race online most of my competitors bikes have no frames or missing parts and graphics. I thought I had downloaded all the necessary bike files but I obviously have not. Can someone help?

Thanks so much for the help, everyone.
.That reed skin never works!! I have it too.. never got it to work... i have 3 different reed skins and they also look much better than that one. I will give you a link when i get home.

Also it is virtually impossible to have everybody's bike skin show up... for two reasons one ever body is on different models/year and no telling where they picked there skins up... i tried to download everybody's skin before by seeing what my game didnt load or was missing... seriously not worth the hastle. Only time you would really need to see everybodys skin is in the upcoming supercross series. Because they will post the needed files etc.

You should join our community at mxsimpits.com really cool and nice people to help you out, unlike mxsim.com
10/30/2012 5:37pm
I def will join, motodave15. I appreciate it. Please send me the links to Reeds bikes when you can. I also wish I could find a good new JS7 on the Suzuki and a good RC skin. I've seen his bike but never the rider, strangely.

Thanks again!!
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
10/30/2012 6:32pm
Alot of people are very unorganised with their skin releases. Unless your skin is using a model released in a major pack that most people would have, you should always include the model with the skin.

This is one of the reasons I was partial to releasing bike templates; everything becomes pretty unorganised when people are releasing skins as a single unit. Especially with normal and spec maps, alot of people forget to include them as well.
10/31/2012 12:34am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2012 12:37am
Agreed. And unlike most, I want to run my favorite rider's jersey and replica bike. Truth be told, there is nothing more "unrealistic" than me flying around Budds Creek so I prefer to emulate my heroes. LOL. I wish I was that good in real life but I'm just a very average rider who loves moto and enduro.

So if any one has some excellent real riders models/skins/jerseys, I would appreciate any links. I've got a great set for KR70 (need KR94 though), RD5, MM38 but need some of my other faves including an up to date JS7(got a cool JGR bike but would love to have a JS7 Yoshimura) and CR22. Would also be cool to have some great legends like RC4, JEmig, RJ and Bailey.

Playing as myself is boring. LOL.
Vellu
10/31/2012 2:39am
Agreed. And unlike most, I want to run my favorite rider's jersey and replica bike. Truth be told, there is nothing more "unrealistic" than me flying...
Agreed. And unlike most, I want to run my favorite rider's jersey and replica bike. Truth be told, there is nothing more "unrealistic" than me flying around Budds Creek so I prefer to emulate my heroes. LOL. I wish I was that good in real life but I'm just a very average rider who loves moto and enduro.

So if any one has some excellent real riders models/skins/jerseys, I would appreciate any links. I've got a great set for KR70 (need KR94 though), RD5, MM38 but need some of my other faves including an up to date JS7(got a cool JGR bike but would love to have a JS7 Yoshimura) and CR22. Would also be cool to have some great legends like RC4, JEmig, RJ and Bailey.

Yoshimura Suzuki: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14451

I think this pack has a RM250 RC4 replica: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16942

Twotwo bikes: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=13076

Twotwo gear/helmets: http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9665

Bored at work lol. Didn't check if the download links work tho, but usually if you politely ask for it in the thread, someone will re-up it for you.
Eatmydirt03
10/31/2012 7:36am
I love this game. I'm about 4 months into playing & keep getting better. The best advice I could give is keep dropping that stability. I kept dropping it one by one , after I got to 40 I made a drastic move & dropped to 20 & made the game a lot easier at least for me. I currently am at 10 with some advanced stability changes. Just find what you like & practice on it.

I found having shift up & down on my right analog to be easier & the lean forward back & front on the left. Other than that I use what everybody uses with the exception of I have sit & stand as the A button.

Name is Bricks in game. I've been in the mx sim cup server o late & btw nice job on the track Stephen.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
10/31/2012 11:03pm
Agreed. And unlike most, I want to run my favorite rider's jersey and replica bike. Truth be told, there is nothing more "unrealistic" than me flying...

This guy has listed alot of the replica stuff

http://tmfactory-racing.com/amagpskins.html
3/27/2013 2:35am
I have mx simulator on my mac working, but I dont have a personal files folder to put skins in and stuff, and when I put skins and bikes in my actual folder, some come up in the game and some dont, plus I downloaded the new rider version thingy
Eatmydirt03
3/28/2013 8:34am
I have mx simulator on my mac working, but I dont have a personal files folder to put skins in and stuff, and when I put...
I have mx simulator on my mac working, but I dont have a personal files folder to put skins in and stuff, and when I put skins and bikes in my actual folder, some come up in the game and some dont, plus I downloaded the new rider version thingy
Not sure how macs work. I know I used a youtube video to show me how & where to install them. You need a lot of bike models & rider models for bikes & players to show up correctly.
5/22/2013 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2013 2:23pm
I had a Shoei Helmet made for me and I have the .png file but I don' know how to put it in the game. Can someone help me here?
Barrett57
5/28/2013 8:28am
I swear to god that It's harder than the real thing.
tobz
5/28/2013 6:48pm
Barrett57 wrote:
I swear to god that It's harder than the real thing.
Because your trying to control a whole bike with a hand controller, can't be done easily, and will never feel like the real thing.

Post a reply to: Mx Simulator-For those who need help/ questions.

The Latest