Mx Simulator-For those who need help/ questions.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/11/2012 1:11 PM

If any of you guy's are new to mx simulator and need help, i will gladly help you out. and i will try to respond to the best of my knowledge.

ONE THING... NO DEMO QUESTIONS!

|

"Life is Too Short To Last Long"

7/12/2012 9:55 AM

Actually cannot believe I've been fooled into spending £35 on this sh*t. I have a more than capable laptop, yet the game is jumpy as hell. I downloaded the update, as I am informed the updated version is MUCH better than the demo, and I can barely see a difference. My rider more often than not tips over in the gate, then when the gate drops sits and revs his bike, before gingerly making off. He then seems to hit a downed rider and flip and roll on the ground (all while managing to stay on the bike), then has the turning circle of the titanic when he tries to face the right way to continue the race. He then struggles to negotiate the first turn. Also, is it possible to get a 3rd person view? I ticked the boxes and tried every combination, but seem to have no luck.

All this is ignoring the frankly childish graphics (I thought video gaming had discovered how to create games without the straight line).

Am I seriously missing something? What am I doing wrong? EVERYONE else seems to bum off MXS, are you all on commission or something????

Help me!

|

7/12/2012 1:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2012 1:45 PM

Go here:

forum.mxsimulator.com

Lots of info and help on this forum.

edit: for some reason I can't get the link to work.

|

7/12/2012 2:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2012 2:50 PM

DoctorJD wrote:

Go here:

forum.mxsimulator.com

Lots of info and help on this forum.

edit: for some reason I can't get the link to work.

Well you can go there, but the guys are very very assholish... worst than this place so i was trying to circumvent people having to deal with ultra dickheads

|

7/12/2012 2:44 PM

thekendogg wrote:

Actually cannot believe I've been fooled into spending 35 on this sh*t. I have a more than capable laptop, yet the game is ...more

ok well ill make it in list form for you.

1. 3rd person, press the tab button

2.Download skins from here. Skins
(Be sure to put the extracted skins in your mx simulator personal folder.)
here is the youtube video on how to do that.

3. Now for riding, i say get a controller, albiet a ps3 one or a xbox360 your preference.
(do not buy the 65$ controller's that the consoles use, it wont work) (get the generic gamestop controller or a fps pro etc..so head to your local, gaming store)

4. Bike setup is key in this game. so knowing your setting would help... here is a help chart on what does what suspension wise. Bike setup

If you want track specific setups, check out this list National Setups

If you have any more questions let me know
|

7/12/2012 2:48 PM

Here is my team, skins

all of the kickass supercross skins are in here.

|

7/12/2012 6:11 PM

oh, yea for your track laggyness.. change the setting to hardware/copy

should smooth it out bigtime.

|

7/12/2012 6:18 PM

Motodave15 wrote:

Well you can go there, but the guys are very very assholish... worst than this place so i was trying to circumvent people ...more

Especially that DJ dude. That guy's a dick

|

7/12/2012 6:47 PM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

Especially that DJ dude. That guy's a dick

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

7/13/2012 10:14 AM

No matter what I do, it's still ridiculously jumpy. What the minimum system requirements? Would be useful for the website to specify them prior to purchase. But I am sure my laptop should be more than capable of running it, it's Intel i3 Core, 4GB RAM, and only 18 months old. I changed that track rendering thing but it makes no difference at all. Refund would be handy...

|

7/13/2012 7:29 PM

yea the game blows. child graphics as seen here...

whistling

but really dude. i thought the same thing as you when i first bought it and didnt touch it for almost another year. then i thought, fuck it, ill give it another try and really figure it out. and boy was i wrong about what i said. completely made myself look as stupid as you just did. game rocks. and is super addictive. especially doing replica series races. 40 man gate pro nationals!
|

7/13/2012 7:34 PM

thekendogg wrote:

No matter what I do, it's still ridiculously jumpy. What the minimum system requirements? Would be useful for the website to ...more

are you running a onboard graphic's chip? If so you need a video-card with atleast 512 of dedicated video ram. i have a 1 gig nividia gts 450 card in mine.. and i can run upto about 35 riders before it starts lagging.

|

7/13/2012 7:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2012 7:40 PM

thekendogg wrote:

No matter what I do, it's still ridiculously jumpy. What the minimum system requirements? Would be useful for the website to ...more

. laptops are not really made for gaming. unless you bought one specifically built to game. probably has a junk integrated graphics card.
and id bet money you read right over the system requirments because you were sure your laptop would be more than capable of running it, its intel i3 core and only 18 months old...... w00t pinch
when you finally do go read the requirments, you should also remember that those are likely to play the game stock. not with the user created bikes and tracks. gonna require even more.

|

7/13/2012 7:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/13/2012 7:41 PM

thekendogg wrote:

sbarrington314 wrote:

. laptops are not really made for gaming. unless you bought one specifically built to game. probably has a junk integrated ...more

To be fair, I scored a junk throw away core i5 laptop from work that runs mxsim just fine. Amount of ram in a gpu isn't the be all end all spec.

I'd put it down to his operating system and settings.

|

7/13/2012 7:48 PM

o shit, i didn't even think about it... but since it is lagging really bad, put your game on (high fps settings)

|

7/13/2012 10:07 PM

In other news....

Dragged the cockpit out to give gt5 another thrashing and I'm faced with a barrage of updates.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

7/16/2012 12:15 PM

tobz wrote:

In other news....

Dragged the cockpit out to give gt5 another thrashing and I'm faced with a barrage of updates.

[LINK TO ...more

That's badass... I have a similar set-up.

I returned my gt5 game for the F-1 game... best decision ever.

gt5= a shitton of updates

|

7/18/2012 2:23 PM

Motodave15 wrote:

That's badass... I have a similar set-up.

I returned my gt5 game for the F-1 game... best decision ever.

gt5= a shitton of ...more

F1 - 2011
that game is tits. blows Forza, GT5, etc out of the water

|

7/20/2012 3:14 PM

peelout, i still wish i could get you on mx sim.
btw, they are going to start a license system for 2013. so better join soon to earn that pro license for supercross!

|

7/20/2012 4:19 PM

Lol oh god

|

8/4/2012 2:59 PM

Everyone seems to want to talk about skins tracks etc. F all that I just want to be able to go around a corner! I do have the Xbox 360 controller hooked up now (I'm probably using a shitty configuration.) I've seemed to figure out that you need to turn into the corner and turn away as your exiting to "lift" the bike? Good thing I don't own a gun!

|

8/4/2012 5:27 PM

idk if theres a such thing as a right or wrong configuration. because its whatever you can make your fingers do. but heres mine incase you want to try it. and i know its different from other peoples.
LB-clutch
LT-rear brake
RB-
RT-throttle
left joy stick-steering and leaning
right joy up-shift up
right joy down - shift down
A - sit
X - front brake
Y - back up
i think thats it.

and playing nationals with braking bumps and ruts is just going to make you rage. id start on the stock tracks that are smooth. or try like unadilla 2011. its not too bad i dont think.

|

8/4/2012 8:45 PM

I guess this shits just beyond me, I spent the better part of the evening at least trying to figure out how to make it around the track but it aint happening. I can't make a single corner, then when I run off the track it takes 3 minutes to get going back on the track in the right direction.

|

8/4/2012 10:40 PM

whats your stability set at? and what tracks are you trying to play on?

|

8/4/2012 11:57 PM

I had been trying some of the random included tracks (trying to find the easier ones) on 80. I found a tutorial and some setups and the tutorial said to start at about 80. After reading your post I moved it back to 100 and tried some of the easiest tracks and can occasionally hit a section pretty good.

|

8/5/2012 12:15 AM

Backed it down to 95 (seems almost easier) and have been playing alcrest with minimal improvements.

|

8/5/2012 11:38 AM

like i said, i play on 20 now, and many others are even lower. but if you moved it down that far right now, ud wanna blow up your PC. just keep moving it down slowly. i think i got to the point where i did skip to like 60 or something tho. and it was actually easier.
alot of people also have a "going over the bars" problem too when they first start out. and its usually because you are leaning back too early on jumps. and it bucks you forward in the air. keep that in mind. dont lean back until right before you take off.
and maybe try using a 125 if you arent already. easier to handle.

|

8/5/2012 1:12 PM

I'm sure I'm really screwing myself up with the forgetting to stand up or sit down thing also.

|

8/5/2012 2:42 PM

Racerx930 wrote:

I'm sure I'm really screwing myself up with the forgetting to stand up or sit down thing also.

no i didnt use it for a long time. you dont HAVE to sit. the guy can ride standing the whole time and be just fine. i still dont use it that much on sx

|

8/5/2012 8:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2012 8:36 PM

Racerx930 wrote:

I guess this shits just beyond me, I spent the better part of the evening at least trying to figure out how to make it around ...more

In regard to getting back on course...

The counter-steering aspect is way overdone at low speeds, so getting the bike turned from a complete stop is a total pain in the ass.

Try this: when stopped, hold down the "back up" button and then use your right/left control to get pointed in the direction you'd like to go. It's kind of a cheesy workaround, but it does work.

|