MUD ..Fim world motocross game

Edited Date/Time 4/27/2012 10:58pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkrRN256zLU

not to sure about this game :/ ....looks to much like Mx Rider on PS2
|
the_wood109
9/18/2011 12:02pm
Doesn't look too promising, IMO.

It looks like the bikes are really sloppy....going around corners like a dirt tracker. Also, I think MvA spoiled me with their terrain degradation system.
mxjef
9/18/2011 1:12pm
Looks like shit!...gonna be hard to follow up MX vs ATV even with all the problems they had.

Fuck you, THQ.
PastranaWho
9/18/2011 4:21pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2011 7:36am
I hope its good , cant judge or say much by just watching the game trailer. Anything close to REFLEX would be amazing but who knows what will be of this game. They should grab some of the THQ guys to help give the finishing touch.
jasonv43
9/18/2011 9:37pm
Never thought I would say this but I'll stick with Alive for now.

The Shop

peelout
9/19/2011 9:07am
will be interesting to see how it turns out.

it does look super slippery though, from what little video there even is.

the riders seem to have decent style though, so maybe there won't be endless bitching about the goony riders Smile
Grieby54
9/19/2011 1:45pm
That looks like shit.

Since when does a rider look like this when whipping?

| - take off
\ - mid air
| - landing

The back end doesn't whip out at all, the rider just kinda rotates on an axis.
9/19/2011 7:36pm Edited Date/Time 9/19/2011 7:36pm
Is this the game from Blackbean?

Sad to say but until a big name developer picks up on the genre, we aren't likely to move forward any time soon. The MVA was the best chance but they didn't want to take on board our opinions and ideas, plus they couldn't deliver what they talked up before it was released.

Imagine if EA or the like got a hold of the MX/SX genre.

I would honestly pay $150 for lifelike MX game that was in the same ilk as the FIFA/MotoGP/Madden/NBA etc franchises.
9/19/2011 8:43pm
Is this the game from Blackbean? Sad to say but until a big name developer picks up on the genre, we aren't likely to move forward...

Sad to say but until a big name developer picks up on the genre, we aren't likely to move forward any time soon. The MVA was the best chance but they didn't want to take on board our opinions and ideas, plus they couldn't deliver what they talked up before it was released.

I would honestly pay $150 for lifelike MX game that was in the same ilk as the FIFA/MotoGP/Madden/NBA etc franchises.
i agree. theres just not enough money in it.
EA had an entirely new engine built just for battlefield. imagine if they could do that for a mx game. holy fugg.
peelout
9/20/2011 8:50am
Is this the game from Blackbean? Sad to say but until a big name developer picks up on the genre, we aren't likely to move forward...

i agree. theres just not enough money in it. EA had an entirely new engine built just for battlefield. imagine if they could do that for...
i agree. theres just not enough money in it.
EA had an entirely new engine built just for battlefield. imagine if they could do that for a mx game. holy fugg.
i agree as well, it would have been interesting to see what would have been produced by Rainbow Studios WITHOUT THQ hovering over them.

the blackbean game looks about like the MTX Mototrax game. give it a couple releases and we might see something great
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
9/20/2011 10:47am
That looks like my grandmother's motocross game.
9/20/2011 4:38pm
could have been a mud track? idk. just trying to make good of it.

one other thing. i remember before that they said it would be real GP tracks. that should mean that glen helen will be in the game. that would be sweet.
Crash82
Fantasy
2036th
9/21/2011 5:36am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2011 5:37am
Shit I'll play it, bring that shit on, hell ya I'll moto on that shit.
Shawn142
9/23/2011 6:20am
Who knows what stage that build is in, to me it doesn't look any worse than Alive. Real riders, tracks, and format. This is what most goofballs have been asking for right?
9/23/2011 12:31pm
i could give a shit less about real riders. i play online. real tracks? fugg yea, ill take that. real bikes? fugg yea, ill take that. real format? fugg yea, ill take that.
JW381
9/24/2011 6:41am
Haha looks aight to me... call me crazy I guess.
Phillips467
9/27/2011 2:18pm
I thought there were going to be real tracks? From what I can see in that video that doesn't seem like a real track. Hopefully the championship's a full series, with practise, qualifying, race. the lot.
9/28/2011 8:57pm
with the game coming out early 2012, im really suprised there isnt more info available.
peelout
9/29/2011 10:31am
with the game coming out early 2012, im really suprised there isnt more info available.
would be surprised if the release period is accurate... looking forward to it.

i haven't played Alive since THQ shit-canned everyone and gave the consumers the bird
12/25/2011 4:36am Edited Date/Time 12/25/2011 4:36am
i have just heard about this new mx game i was wondering when it come out and if its any goood ??? :D
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
1/9/2012 10:41am
I just want a track editor in the game. That's it.
wont happen unless you are talking about PC games...
tobz
1/9/2012 2:46pm
I thought there were going to be real tracks? From what I can see in that video that doesn't seem like a real track. Hopefully the...
I thought there were going to be real tracks? From what I can see in that video that doesn't seem like a real track. Hopefully the championship's a full series, with practise, qualifying, race. the lot.
I remember seeing on their facebook that because it's a game, that exact replicas can't be made, they're more so just interpretations of real life tracks, so there might be a track based on glen helen, but not be a replica.
1/10/2012 7:37pm
mx 219 wrote:
They can do map editors for shooters, so why not track editors?
TY6
1/11/2012 7:27am
This game looks fucking terrible. Whats up with the scrub-boost kiddy bullshit? I just wish that a developer would design a mx game similar to reflex, which was actually realistic.
1/11/2012 8:24am
Sometimes gameplay vids don't do the game in question justice. If none of us had ever player reflex or Unleashed etc - then we could never feel the awesomeness of those games from videos alone. You have to play them to appreciate their various quirks - some good some bad. It may be that MUD is indeed a great game.

However for now, I have agree with those who are less than excited about it. The vids don't look good.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
1/13/2012 9:49am
mx 219 wrote:
They can do map editors for shooters, so why not track editors?
They can do it, they just wont...its that simple.
Shawn142
1/23/2012 6:04am
Q&A segment with the developers about MUD:

Will it be possible to disable the Scrub UI? I find it annoying!
Yes! First of all we’re making it less intrusive than what can be seen in current movies, then it’ll be possible to leave it as it is, or disable it altogether.

Will I be able to perform tricks during a race?
You’ll be doing scrubs or whips, we’ve decided to separate races and trick mode In a clear way. During races you’ll have some real hard time beating the AI ( or human, in online modes) riders, and we didn’t want to stick to the usual arcade cliché of “pull tricks for boost” of so many other games. Instead, scrubbing is the only “trick” that gives you some advantage also in real life, in fact speaking with some MX riders we discovered that when they perform it in the right way they can gain important time and so we replicated it in the game. Don’t worry though, your trick skills will be deeply tested in the Trick Battle arenas!

Will I be able to customize my rider? Is there some real gear to be equipped?
In the "MUD world tour" you'll be able to customize several aspects of your heroes: remember that you’ll always race in 100% official teams, along with the real champions, so you’ll be able to customize what they can too: you’ll choose your helmet among real gear from well known manufacturers ( FOX, Airoh, UFO..) and also other items have to be chosen, earned and equipped. From the energy drink to every single trick, to the rider skills upgrades, there’s plenty to customize in MUD.
Finally, we’ve added also other real world gear ( jerseys, pants..) both to be used in standard races and trick battles, again from your favorite brands (Thor, FOX..) and the trick bikes have some cool official liveries too!

How many riders in online modes? How many game modes there will be?
12 players will compete online in standard races and Motocross of Nations. In this last mode, you’ll choose the nation and play 3 races in a row with different classes ( MX1, MX2, Open). Optionally you’ll be able to activate AI riders also in online modes, so you’ll be free to mix up humans and CPU riders at will.

Is there a local multiplayer mode?
No, adding a splitscreen mode would have imposed some compromises to keep up with the double rendering at the same time. We’ve chosen to maximize the visual quality and the online experience instead.

Is there a double analog stick control?
Rider controls are based on the left stick, including weight shift, for some real good reasons. We didn’t want to downright imitate some other well know MX games, we’ve come up with a completely new and refreshing bike handling approach, with new gameplay dynamics, and a new feeling. Also, because during the race the player will be required to press some buttons, we held some playtesting sessions to stress different joupad layouts, and we discovered that it would have been uncomfortable to use also the right stick. By the way, on the right analog you’ll be able to change the camera angle anytime in a free way getting some spectacular views.

Are the track layouts real? What about the environments?
We’ve started from the 3D layouts of the real tracks, we’ve been authorized from the licensor to make some changes, but the starting point is reality. For the surrounding environment we went a bit “wilder” adding some cool visuals, especially on the trick battle arenas, that are so crazy to deserve an official Monster Energy endorsement!

In some old videos the animations are a bit stiff! What can we expect in the final game?
Don’t forget that all the material you’ve seen is still “in development”: rider movements are the result of both standard animations and dynamic physics attached to his body. So, it’s a pretty complex system that models postures, weight shifts, bump reactions and so on. We’re aware that it’s extremely important for an MX game and it has already improved a lot ( and you’ll see soon!)

I have seen that there is a game mode called " MUD World Tour". How does it works exately?
In addition to the official Game Mode, which allows us to address the real drivers and team championship, we have included a World Tour mode where the player can manage an entire group of heroes, along more than 50 different events, divided into 15 separate chapters. During the MUD World Tour, players can spend points earned to improve the skills of the heroes, collect special cards that allow you to equip energy drinks, teams, tricks and other key aspects of the mode. It’s a mode where everything is allowed in order to reach the final challenge: the Motocross of Nations!

Are you planning to have some DLCs?
Yes, we already planned 3 DLCs but… it is too early to speak about this now!

In the videos you’ve posted the sound of the bike is not realistic, are you planning to improve this important feature?
All the sounds come from original bikes recorded directly from our sound engineer and in game they sound much more realistic than in a video. We’re working to improve the "punch" of the samples, too.

Are terrains deformable in MUD?
Yes of course, tracks feature permanent deformation along all the course, and deformation will have an impact on the bike handling. Every track has a different setup, modeling hard terrains, soft ones, mud, sand

Post a reply to: MUD ..Fim world motocross game

The Latest