Idea's for the ultimate mx game

9/1/2010 6:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 3:48am
So here's some idea's I have to make the ultimate motocross game

The game would be based similar to how ncca football does their road to glory
You start with your first race being Loretta lynn's and depending on where you finish, that decides your difficulty and your opportunity for rides next year...Like highschool playoffs.

Depending on your finish you'll be given options for teams, with each team having expectations based on what type of team.(pro circuit would have higher expections that some lower tier team)

You get to race the last four nationals of that season before starting your full time pro career. Choosing east/west...A couple of years in the lites class, with the ability to change teams, at the end of each season(If they'll accept you)

After a few seasons in lites you'll get offers for the big bike class(450) with team offers depending on your previous seasons.

A few other features
* Ability to break record such as most wins in a season or best rookie season
*Complete east/west rounds + shootout
*17 round sx series (450) and 12 roud mx series
*Ability to race for mx des nations
*Ability to be injured, not from every crash, but something along the lines of a yearly health bar and each crash takes health from it, when it's gone you have to sit out a few races. This would be made so that it can be activated or disactivated for people who dont want it
*Atleast 20 racers in each race
* different quality riders, so when your riding a championship their are a few guy you consistently run up top, so its similar to how real championships go.

This is all i've got so far, throw some of your ideas in.
|
Jake-247
9/2/2010 12:45am
I like those ideas a lot, I'd like to still see track deformation like on Reflex but it being slowed down a lot more.
Also some real tracks, or tracks close to replicas
Full character customization too, so you can choose your weight, height, build etc.
Also to add to the last point be able to build your riding style off of pro riders, like smoothness, scrubs etc.
9/2/2010 1:22am
yeah so you can be aggresive or smooth, and it will help you on some tracks and hinder you others.

What about somthing similar ea boxing does, when you crash you have to allign the joy sticks in the circles, the more you crash the harder it gets.
sdfog1
9/2/2010 5:59pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2010 6:00pm
I'd like to see something like the "Skate" series where you just ride around in a more open environment (i.e. a place with multiple tracks) and turn some practice motos if you like or practice starts or whatever. If you start riding really well maybe an arrow pops up above a spectator's head and you can go up and talk to him, and he suggests that you race some local race of a regional series at this track. Then, if you do well, maybe you decide to race the whole series to see where you can finish. At the series end, if you win or do really well, have an animation where a trainer or someone like that comes up to you and offers to guide you to racing Loretta's. Then you do some preparation and more about the sport is taught gradually as you lay out a plan for becoming a pro (less of an intimidating feel for people who aren't as into moto as us). If you do well at Loretta's you can choose to turn pro or wait to see if offers come up for next year. Choose your coast for supercross lites, think about riding a 450 on the opposite coast at some point (not allowing that the rookie year, having the team manager saying, "We need you to focus on the lites class" or something to that effect). Then you keep making your way as a pro until every goal is achieved. Real Professional tracks and real motorcycle brands, gear, etc. Also, have a track editor like Trials HD that is simple to use, but has a complex side for serious editing. Have DLC constantly coming out with supercross tracks from the current season, new bike models, etc. As far as physics go, Reflex is a good base point. I say have the same general type of physics with a couple of improvements (maybe have a simulation mode for hardcore fans). Some of the improvements I would like to see: If you hit the starting gate, you have to back up, not just keep dropping the clutch until the gate drops. Make scrubs and whips slightly more technical, they are too easy in my opinion in Reflex. Make whoops slightly more technical also, they are not just "pin it and hang on" obstacles. Last but not least, DIRT BIKES ONLY! NO QUADS OR TRUCKS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT! I know they think that it "helps marketing" but do you see other successful games combining disciplines that despise each other? Not a good idea.
mxjef
9/2/2010 6:39pm
Those are some good ideas, sdfog1...

The Shop

9/2/2010 9:25pm
I like the free roam idea, but make it like its your yard.

You ride to your tractor and that is to customize your compound, make national or super cross tracks--The more you win the more options you get to customize

Then have a shed which you ride up to....Thats where you customize bike and rider

The have your house where you ride to for race options..

The more you win the better your compund becomes

I still think the first race you do should be loretta lynns and how you finish suggest's what difficulty you have the game on( like mw2 training area)
9/2/2010 9:27pm
And as I said before about similar to NCAA road to glory, each week there is a small segment saying how your rider went and some stuff like that
sdfog1
9/3/2010 6:39pm
I like the free roam idea, but make it like its your yard. You ride to your tractor and that is to customize your compound, make...
I like the free roam idea, but make it like its your yard.

You ride to your tractor and that is to customize your compound, make national or super cross tracks--The more you win the more options you get to customize

Then have a shed which you ride up to....Thats where you customize bike and rider

The have your house where you ride to for race options..

The more you win the better your compund becomes

I still think the first race you do should be loretta lynns and how you finish suggest's what difficulty you have the game on( like mw2 training area)
Yeah I agree with your ideas for the most part, I was just going for a general outline. I just think the game should be more free roaming and less "you have to do this, you can't make it your own way". It's much more self-satisfying to feel you have achieved something on your own through your own work.
9/4/2010 12:18am
Yeah I reckon the free roam would be sick...As soon as you start career mode your in a free roam area, only small to start with, and upgrades cost money, which you earn from sponsor deals and winning. So eventually you can get a massive set up like most of the pro's do.

With racing it should also, have extreme enduro events, endurocross, gncc, worcs races.

So there's a big variety. But make it so no race is mandatory, you can choose if you want to try and be the big shot motocross rider, or start with gncc races, or whatever you want.
sdfog1
9/4/2010 9:09pm
Yeah I reckon the free roam would be sick...As soon as you start career mode your in a free roam area, only small to start with...
Yeah I reckon the free roam would be sick...As soon as you start career mode your in a free roam area, only small to start with, and upgrades cost money, which you earn from sponsor deals and winning. So eventually you can get a massive set up like most of the pro's do.

With racing it should also, have extreme enduro events, endurocross, gncc, worcs races.

So there's a big variety. But make it so no race is mandatory, you can choose if you want to try and be the big shot motocross rider, or start with gncc races, or whatever you want.
Yeah exactly, let the player choose what they want to do.
sdfog1
9/5/2010 7:49pm
You know how to make video games, cause we could make a killing from it
You know how to make video games, cause we could make a killing from it
Haha no but I wish I did, we could copyright the concept and sell it to THQ Cool I wish!
9/5/2010 9:48pm
Screw thq, they've had the mx vs atv series for ages, and haven't done anything...

EA makes the sports sports games....They'd make something so good, that you'd stop riding bikes, just to play the game lol
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
9/6/2010 5:20am
Can you guys get this done in the next couple of months and then I will buy it for Christmas for sure?

Great ideas!
sdfog1
9/6/2010 7:41am
Yeah, THQ has let us down fairly consistently. If we could just get enough funding we could probably make it happen lol
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
9/6/2010 2:00pm
You know what guys, if you could just morph Mx Reflex with Supercross Ciruit by 989 Sports and include the online play along with many timely dlc's, we would be all set.

Now get working on it somebody.
9/6/2010 4:26pm
well first you gotta workout the market, of how many buyers you'd have. Whats the average attendance at supercross rounds in the states?
the_wood109
9/7/2010 10:04pm
sdfog1 wrote:
Yeah, THQ has let us down fairly consistently. If we could just get enough funding we could probably make it happen lol
This is a business question, no doubt. You would have to do some type of market analysis for a "simulation" motocross game. I bet that THQ has already done this, and the realized that its a very small market, hence why they included trucks, atvs, and golf carts. "Simulation" games in general, have all but disappeared. Gran Turismo and Flight simulator are the only ones I can think of that do any level of simulation.

In the defense of THQ, their terrain degradation system in Reflex is nothing short of amazing. I still have big time problems with some things about the game...there is certainly room for improvements.
sdfog1
9/8/2010 6:33am
As Aussie stated, it wouldn't be a simulation game. I only meant "maybe" have a simulation mode as an extra mode for people like us, but still have the main mode an "arcade" style that's about the same difficulty to play as reflex. Maybe that isn't a good idea. Also, I totally agree with your THQ statement Wood, I really like the entire physics engine of Reflex, I was very impressed when it came out. The online play, career mode, and arcade mode are what I don't think are the best that they could be.
9/8/2010 4:08pm
sdfog1 wrote:
As Aussie stated, it wouldn't be a simulation game. I only meant "maybe" have a simulation mode as an extra mode for people like us, but...
As Aussie stated, it wouldn't be a simulation game. I only meant "maybe" have a simulation mode as an extra mode for people like us, but still have the main mode an "arcade" style that's about the same difficulty to play as reflex. Maybe that isn't a good idea. Also, I totally agree with your THQ statement Wood, I really like the entire physics engine of Reflex, I was very impressed when it came out. The online play, career mode, and arcade mode are what I don't think are the best that they could be.
It's almost like they rushed the game without finishing it properly. Hopefully whent hey release the next one they keep quite about it, so they don't get pressured to finish it early, and we get a good career mode
sdfog1
9/8/2010 5:51pm
sdfog1 wrote:
As Aussie stated, it wouldn't be a simulation game. I only meant "maybe" have a simulation mode as an extra mode for people like us, but...
It's almost like they rushed the game without finishing it properly. Hopefully whent hey release the next one they keep quite about it, so they don't...
It's almost like they rushed the game without finishing it properly. Hopefully whent hey release the next one they keep quite about it, so they don't get pressured to finish it early, and we get a good career mode
Yeah. It does seem like they took their time with the base parts of the game (the first part of the development), then realized they needed to rush to get the other stuff in there. I can partially understand the need for quads and trucks, but to make the career where you CAN"T just ride a dirt bike, that is ridiculous IMO. It's funny that this is by far my primary game that I play, yet I only have like half of career mode completed due to lack of interest in most of the disciplines other than mx and sx. Other games, I complete career mode in a week or so because they are so fun, realistic, and encouraging. There aren't many people who have ever had the career of racing mx, sx, trucks, buggies, and quads all at the same time in their career.lol.
9/8/2010 6:30pm
They can leave the quads and stuff in as it doesn't bother me, but dont make them compulsory. And make the the career mode like the old mx unleashed games where you add a whole series, with different tracks, even if sometime your racing the same track backwards who cares, just something to keep you playing...

and the riders aren't consistent, rider A will finish second in the first moto and then last and the second moto which just ruins a series because no one will have decent point scores

Post a reply to: Idea's for the ultimate mx game

The Latest