How do you install custom tracks in Reflex for PC?

Edited Date/Time 9/16/2015 11:20am
There is a good looking Monster Energy Cup for Reflex for PC out there but where do you put the file once downloaded?

Also, I downloaded Reflex off Steam but it does run a bit sluggish. How can I adjust the settings so that it runs smoother?

Thanks.
|
HenryA
1/25/2013 2:48pm
Custom track installation instructions:
Step 1
You need to Download the beta file slots From the forums at
www.twistedirt.com or this is the direct link: http://www.strawberrysoftware.net/download.php?file=reflex/MXTables_DLC…;
Step 2:
Extract the file you downloaded in step 1 using a program like winrar and put it into the database file in your reflex game folder:
should be able to find it here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mx vs atv reflex\Database
You should now see the 8 beta slots in game, in freeride!

Note: if you try and open the reflex beta slots without a track it won’t work. (in other words you need to download a track from mvamaniacs first!).
Step 3:

Download the track and extract the file using winrar.
There should be 4 files. You need to put these files into the database folder, just like you did with the twisted dirt beta slots.

each track is allocated to a slot so you can have up to 8 custom tracks at once.

From MxM.
And yes, the Monster cup track is super cool!
HenryA
1/25/2013 3:35pm
Just hola if you want to do some laps at that track later.
1/25/2013 11:17pm
Will do. Thanks for your help! I got it to work. Only question is this. There is also someone at mxmaniacs.com who is going to make the 2013 SX replica tracks. He already has A1 and it is excellent. It's the same guy who did the MEC track.

But my question is this. Let's say when I downloaded the MEC file it says beta slot 1 on it. There is also a Phoenix 2013 replica online. But when I downloaded the track it, too, says beta slot 1 and is asking if I want to override the original beta slot (which would be the MEC track). Can I change the beta slot? If so, how?

Nice to play Reflex on some more realistic scaled tracks. The A1 on MEC tracks are very nice.
the_wood109
1/26/2013 1:44pm
Will do. Thanks for your help! I got it to work. Only question is this. There is also someone at mxmaniacs.com who is going to make...
Will do. Thanks for your help! I got it to work. Only question is this. There is also someone at mxmaniacs.com who is going to make the 2013 SX replica tracks. He already has A1 and it is excellent. It's the same guy who did the MEC track.

But my question is this. Let's say when I downloaded the MEC file it says beta slot 1 on it. There is also a Phoenix 2013 replica online. But when I downloaded the track it, too, says beta slot 1 and is asking if I want to override the original beta slot (which would be the MEC track). Can I change the beta slot? If so, how?

Nice to play Reflex on some more realistic scaled tracks. The A1 on MEC tracks are very nice.
You can change the slot with the compiler, but I wouldn't do that because then you can't ride with others on that track. If people join a session with 2 different tracks in the same slot, you'll see the guy riding in mid air or under the track, etc.

The best thing to do now is just save the zipped files to extract and overwrite every time you want to try a new track in that slot. It's not ideal, but it is effective.

The Shop

MCfan4life
2/14/2014 4:34am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2014 4:35am
I built my PC for gaming some time ago (Henry and the_wood might remember). Anyway I got Reflex, played it for a while and then lost interest.

But now, thanks to reading this thread, I just worked out to download and install custom tracks. Awesome!!!

I have a couple of questions if I may:

1. I downloaded the 2012 MEC track. I'm guessing you can't 'race' anyone on this track (AI or online) because it's only in Freeride? Or am I missing something?

2. What other tracks do you guys recommend?

3. When I go into FREERIDE it doesn't show a track picture or preview. It just says Beta Slot 3, etc. Is that normal?

4. It's been that long since I've played Reflex on PS3 or PC that I can't even remember how to change my riding gear....please help. I'm stuck in 2008 No Fear gear Shocked
the_wood109
2/14/2014 3:53pm
MCfan4life wrote:
I built my PC for gaming some time ago (Henry and the_wood might remember). Anyway I got Reflex, played it for a while and then lost...
I built my PC for gaming some time ago (Henry and the_wood might remember). Anyway I got Reflex, played it for a while and then lost interest.

But now, thanks to reading this thread, I just worked out to download and install custom tracks. Awesome!!!

I have a couple of questions if I may:

1. I downloaded the 2012 MEC track. I'm guessing you can't 'race' anyone on this track (AI or online) because it's only in Freeride? Or am I missing something?

2. What other tracks do you guys recommend?

3. When I go into FREERIDE it doesn't show a track picture or preview. It just says Beta Slot 3, etc. Is that normal?

4. It's been that long since I've played Reflex on PS3 or PC that I can't even remember how to change my riding gear....please help. I'm stuck in 2008 No Fear gear Shocked
Yeah I remember. I haven't played reflex in a while. I bought a 290x video card that has driver issues with the game, and I got bored with it. Anyways....

1. You can race people online (although it's probably still freeride only,) but they have to have the track installed in the beta track slots. As mentioned above, pay attention to which slot the track is in. You're best bet is to get a friends list going on steam. Host a private session in reflex then invite people from your friends list that have the same custom tracks installed. If you see somebody riding in mid air and going under the track, they have a different track installed in that slot.

2. It's been a long time since I've played the game. The last time I played, they were just able to add objects to the custom tracks so anything that has been created recently probably has bales, banners, trees, etc. Last time I checked the tracks will only work in freeride mode, although the twisted dirt guys were working on making them raceable.

3. This is normal as the custom tracks are an add on made by independent developers. The picture is generic because I assume it's too complicated and not really key to have them at the moment. This is why it's important to remember which track slots they are installed to.

4. On PC the menu is a bit wonkey. I use an xbox controller to race but the menu is sometimes buggy so mouse and keyboard are sometimes the better option. You can use it without having to unplug your controller. To change bike parts and gear it's Motocareer > garage.
MCfan4life
2/17/2014 4:59pm
Yeah I remember. I haven't played reflex in a while. I bought a 290x video card that has driver issues with the game, and I got...
Yeah I remember. I haven't played reflex in a while. I bought a 290x video card that has driver issues with the game, and I got bored with it. Anyways....

1. You can race people online (although it's probably still freeride only,) but they have to have the track installed in the beta track slots. As mentioned above, pay attention to which slot the track is in. You're best bet is to get a friends list going on steam. Host a private session in reflex then invite people from your friends list that have the same custom tracks installed. If you see somebody riding in mid air and going under the track, they have a different track installed in that slot.

2. It's been a long time since I've played the game. The last time I played, they were just able to add objects to the custom tracks so anything that has been created recently probably has bales, banners, trees, etc. Last time I checked the tracks will only work in freeride mode, although the twisted dirt guys were working on making them raceable.

3. This is normal as the custom tracks are an add on made by independent developers. The picture is generic because I assume it's too complicated and not really key to have them at the moment. This is why it's important to remember which track slots they are installed to.

4. On PC the menu is a bit wonkey. I use an xbox controller to race but the menu is sometimes buggy so mouse and keyboard are sometimes the better option. You can use it without having to unplug your controller. To change bike parts and gear it's Motocareer > garage.
Thanks!!!

The mouse is the only way I could open the garage so thanks for that tip!

I downloaded 2012 MEC track plus 2013 Daytona, Phoenix and Anaheim. All fun to ride but get a little boring riding by yourself after a while.
9/16/2015 11:20am
HenryA wrote:
Custom track installation instructions: Step 1 You need to Download the beta file slots From the forums at www.twistedirt.com or this is the direct link: http://www.strawberrysoftware.net/download.php?file=reflex/MXTables_DLC008.zip...
Custom track installation instructions:
Step 1
You need to Download the beta file slots From the forums at
www.twistedirt.com or this is the direct link: http://www.strawberrysoftware.net/download.php?file=reflex/MXTables_DLC…;
Step 2:
Extract the file you downloaded in step 1 using a program like winrar and put it into the database file in your reflex game folder:
should be able to find it here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\mx vs atv reflex\Database
You should now see the 8 beta slots in game, in freeride!

Note: if you try and open the reflex beta slots without a track it won’t work. (in other words you need to download a track from mvamaniacs first!).
Step 3:

Download the track and extract the file using winrar.
There should be 4 files. You need to put these files into the database folder, just like you did with the twisted dirt beta slots.

each track is allocated to a slot so you can have up to 8 custom tracks at once.

From MxM.
And yes, the Monster cup track is super cool!
it wont work help???

Ted05MX
8/14/2017 2:25am
I know this is an old, old thread, but I was just wondering, when I have downloaded the track I want, and the track slot, which slot does it go to? I did all the steps correctly but when I click on beta track 1, MX vs ATV Reflex freezes and force quits. If you are still available, please, please help.

BTW I have the steam version.
8/14/2017 6:10am
Ted05MX wrote:
I know this is an old, old thread, but I was just wondering, when I have downloaded the track I want, and the track slot, which...
I know this is an old, old thread, but I was just wondering, when I have downloaded the track I want, and the track slot, which slot does it go to? I did all the steps correctly but when I click on beta track 1, MX vs ATV Reflex freezes and force quits. If you are still available, please, please help.

BTW I have the steam version.
It says which beta file it is on the track file. The track file you downloaded...should say something like beta slot 1/2/3/4 etc

Post a reply to: How do you install custom tracks in Reflex for PC?

The Latest