WORCS vs. GNCC

7/28/2008 10:03am
[quote="Oldschool":3hivcc7w]Define Manly ? I would have to say GNCC is tougher, No grooming of anything ever and no watering ever to keep the dust down.[/quote:3hivcc7w] A)...
[quote="Oldschool":3hivcc7w]Define Manly ?
I would have to say GNCC is tougher, No grooming of anything ever and no watering ever to keep the dust down.[/quote:3hivcc7w]

A) Obviously I'm biased
Cool Whenever the WORCS pros show up at a GNCC race they do pretty well. The reverse is not true.
Remember a guy called Juha Salminen he faired pretty well during a very fast WORCS race on a gulp 250 2 stroke. I think he won or got second. I have not seen any WORCS guys get second at a GNCC

oh yeah that extra hour is man stuff.

WORCS series is a lame watered down harescramble: THOSE GUYS DO NOT EVEN USE BARK BUSTERS what is manly about brush gaurds.
7/28/2008 10:05am
[quote="SPYGUY":2nw70xq9][quote="WORCSRACER":2nw70xq9] Whenever the WORCS pros show up at a GNCC race they do pretty well. The reverse is not true.[/quote:2nw70xq9] You're right. You're biased. Besides Caselli's...
[quote="SPYGUY":2nw70xq9][quote="WORCSRACER":2nw70xq9]
Whenever the WORCS pros show up at a GNCC race they do pretty well. The reverse is not true.[/quote:2nw70xq9]

You're right. You're biased.

Besides Caselli's 4th overall this year at Georgia, the only time WORCS riders show up and do moderately well at GNCC's is at the first round in Florida. I don't think anyone would argue that Florida doesn't share much in common at all with the other 12 GNCC's.

How did Woods do in Maryland last year? How about Dietrich in Georgia? Soule?

How did Salminen do when he raced WORCS?[/quote:2nw70xq9]

When was the last time a GNCC rider even showed up? How many GNCC guys can make the gate at an AMA National? Biased or not, the best of the best race WORCS.
Well most of the guys from the GNCC who try make the gate at Nationals, but most are not wahsed up motocross has beens trying to reclaim some of their youth.

Years ago Shane Watts rode a stocker to a 15th place finish. Edmistine raced pro sport at LL and did pretty well. There are others.
jordan414
8/10/2008 10:07am
[quote="SPYGUY":2nw70xq9][quote="WORCSRACER":2nw70xq9] Whenever the WORCS pros show up at a GNCC race they do pretty well. The reverse is not true.[/quote:2nw70xq9] You're right. You're biased. Besides Caselli's...
[quote="SPYGUY":2nw70xq9][quote="WORCSRACER":2nw70xq9]
Whenever the WORCS pros show up at a GNCC race they do pretty well. The reverse is not true.[/quote:2nw70xq9]

You're right. You're biased.

Besides Caselli's 4th overall this year at Georgia, the only time WORCS riders show up and do moderately well at GNCC's is at the first round in Florida. I don't think anyone would argue that Florida doesn't share much in common at all with the other 12 GNCC's.

How did Woods do in Maryland last year? How about Dietrich in Georgia? Soule?

How did Salminen do when he raced WORCS?[/quote:2nw70xq9]

When was the last time a GNCC rider even showed up? How many GNCC guys can make the gate at an AMA National? Biased or not, the best of the best race WORCS.
Josh Strang put it to the worcs riders before he had troubles with his gas tank...
jordan414
8/10/2008 10:10am
[quote="SPYGUY":2vpccams] Caselli is an awesome rider, there's no doubt about it...but how many races did he win this year....2 WORCS races? He didn't dominate the series...
[quote="SPYGUY":2vpccams]
Caselli is an awesome rider, there's no doubt about it...but how many races did he win this year....2 WORCS races? He didn't dominate the series by any means.
[/quote:2vpccams]

Kurt Caselli
Nathan Woods
Robby Bell
Bobby Garrison
Justin Soule
Destry Abbott
Ricky Detreich
Damon Huffman
Kendall Norman
Kyle Lewis
Ty Davis
Bobby Bonds
Timmy Weigland
Scott Simon
Kyle Summers
Chris Johnson
Richie Owens
Jamie Lanza

Just a few of the 2008 contenders for the World Championship in the WORCS.

David Knight is a tough, tough rider but he wouldn't win the championship in the WORCS.
I bet he would, did you see how fast the guy was in florida this year...

The Shop

WORCSRacer
8/10/2008 3:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:58pm
Josh Strang and Charlie Mullins came out to race the WORCS race this weekend. They had fun but got beat. Rodney Smith on the other hand came out and and laid open a can whoop ass on the Vets.

SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
8/11/2008 7:53am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 7:59pm
WORCSRacer wrote:
Josh Strang and Charlie Mullins came out to race the WORCS race this weekend. They had fun but got beat. Rodney Smith on the other hand...
Josh Strang and Charlie Mullins came out to race the WORCS race this weekend. They had fun but got beat. Rodney Smith on the other hand came out and and laid open a can whoop ass on the Vets.

Kind of like when Ricky Dietrich, Damon Huffman, Destry Abbott and Russ Pearson came to the Florida GNCC this year?

Or perhaps when Kurt Caselli raced North Carolina in June?

Hmm....maybe it's like all the smart folks have said all along. It's an apples to oranges comparison and you're an idiot if you want to proclaim one series "better" than the other.

Oh wait...you're the one claiming Jamie Lanza would put it to David Knight if he raced the WORCS series. So maybe you still want to argue about it.
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
8/11/2008 11:55am
Also, WORCSRacer...

You forgot to mention that Strang didn't complete a lap (Don't know if he even started) so it's not really fair to say he "got beat" when he obviously had problems and didn't really race.

And Mullins came from 19th at the end of the first lap to 5th at the end. Ahead of Damon Huffman, Destry Abbott, Justin Soule, Kyle Summers and former WORCS champion Nathan Woods.

I think it's time for you to just pipe down about all of this WORCS vs GNCC BS you like to spew. It only makes you look like a fool.
WORCSRacer
8/11/2008 3:30pm
SPYGUY wrote:
Also, WORCSRacer... You forgot to mention that Strang didn't complete a lap (Don't know if he even started) so it's not really fair to say he...
Also, WORCSRacer...

You forgot to mention that Strang didn't complete a lap (Don't know if he even started) so it's not really fair to say he "got beat" when he obviously had problems and didn't really race.

And Mullins came from 19th at the end of the first lap to 5th at the end. Ahead of Damon Huffman, Destry Abbott, Justin Soule, Kyle Summers and former WORCS champion Nathan Woods.

I think it's time for you to just pipe down about all of this WORCS vs GNCC BS you like to spew. It only makes you look like a fool.
SPYGUY I've been politely reading your comments for a couple of months now whats with the attitude? The GNCC just doesn't do it for me too much bushwacking not enough moto. As far as who is better let'em race it out for themselves and let the dust or mud settle where ever it does. The good news you won't have to wait much longer, Caselli will be KTM's number one GNCC rider next year. As far as Knight beating Lanza I guess we'll never know the chances of them racing each other are pretty slim.

Props to Mullins and Strang for coming out west to race. Strang melted his motor on the first lap and Mullins did a good job to finish where he did. Personally I think they are great guys and I'd love to see them stay out here, it be great. As far as GNCC vs WORCS showdowns... My money will still be on the WORCS guys.

SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
8/11/2008 6:13pm
The attitude comes from that fact that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about yet you speak as if you know all there is to know about off road racing.

And how many GNCC's have you ever attended? Oh yeah, that's right. ZERO.

Here's my favorite quote of yours:
"David Knight, and for that matter anyone else who is a GNCC regular, can't win a WORCS race."

Only someone without a clue would be dumb enough to say that David Knight isn't capable of winning a single WORCS race.

Knight is a World Enduro Champion, ISDE Overall Champion, GNCC Champion, Endurocross Champion, Erzburg Champion and Last Man Standing Champion....yet you really think he couldn't win a WORCS race?

For the hundredth time, GNCC and WORCS are two entirely different series and BOTH have extremely talented riders. To say that one series has riders that are far superior than the other (which you have done repeatedly) is just plain stupid.

Caselli may come (he may not...it's not certain) and I expect for him to do very well. He's an awesome rider. Will he dominate? He has to in order to live up to all of the hype you generate.

WORCSRacer
8/11/2008 8:56pm
SPYGUY wrote:
The attitude comes from that fact that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about yet you speak as if you know all there...
The attitude comes from that fact that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about yet you speak as if you know all there is to know about off road racing.

"David Knight, and for that matter anyone else who is a GNCC regular, can't win a WORCS race."

Only someone without a clue would be dumb enough to say that David Knight isn't capable of winning a single WORCS race.

Knight is a World Enduro Champion, ISDE Overall Champion, GNCC Champion, Endurocross Champion, Erzburg Champion and Last Man Standing Champion....yet you really think he couldn't win a WORCS race?

For the hundredth time, GNCC and WORCS are two entirely different series and BOTH have extremely talented riders. To say that one series has riders that are far superior than the other (which you have done repeatedly) is just plain stupid.

Caselli may come (he may not...it's not certain) and I expect for him to do very well. He's an awesome rider. Will he dominate? He has to in order to live up to all of the hype you generate.

I tried to be nice but hey whatever you say jackass. Won't change the facts, Knight still can't win a WORCS race and Caselli is going to the GNCC.
8/12/2008 1:35pm
SPYGUY wrote:
The attitude comes from that fact that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about yet you speak as if you know all there...

WORCSRacer wrote:
I tried to be nice but hey whatever you say jackass. Won't change the facts, Knight still can't win a WORCS race and Caselli is going...
I tried to be nice but hey whatever you say jackass. Won't change the facts, Knight still can't win a WORCS race and Caselli is going to the GNCC.
The only reason the WORCS series is popular is because of its location which gives it more coverage from the west coast magazines. I am biased I have raced GNCC's and done very very well. The GNCC courses are unmanicured 8-14 mile tracks with tons of lappers and high speed as well as tight terrain. THe WORCS series tracks are very short, with groomed motocross sections and no tight stuff at all. I watched one on TV and it looked like a local harescramble. I respect the pros of that series, but do not think the series' are comparable.

David Knight although I am not a fan, I believe could win an WORCS race because of his talent and experience. some enduros are faster than WORCS and longer, so to say he could not win one, is really just ridiculous. THis year in florida which is a WORCS racers best shot david Knight won by quite a few minutes despite the presence of many WORCS racers. Not one of them ended up well. The year before yes Caselli did well, but not this year. how do I know, because I lined up right next to Damon Huffman on the front row on sunday.
WORCSRacer
8/12/2008 1:44pm
Come out and race a WORCS event I'll buy your entry. All you'll have to do is tell me how you like our groomed courses.
WORCSRacer
8/22/2008 9:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:08pm
SPYGUY wrote:

WORCSRacer wrote:
I tried to be nice but hey whatever you say jackass. Won't change the facts, Knight still can't win a WORCS race and Caselli is going...
Not to say I told you so SPYGUY but I told you so...

http://www.dirtbikemagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=N…
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
8/22/2008 11:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:08pm
Where did I say he wasn't coming? I said it wasn't a sure thing.

What a complete dolt you are. Not only are you clueless about offroad racing, you have no reading comprehension skills either.

I first heard about him probably racing GNCC's in May. Then he showed up a month later and raced North Carolina and planned to do Pennsylvania until his dad passed away.

But yeah, YOU told me, alright. Thanks.

Can't wait to see the first ever undefeated GNCC season! Then you can say "I told you so" again!
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
8/22/2008 11:30pm
Oh...and there will be a certain GNCC rider doing the rest of the WORCS races this season.

When it happens you can let me know about that, too. Another "I told you so" opportunity for you.

WORCSRacer
8/23/2008 7:45am
SPYGUY wrote:
Oh...and there will be a certain GNCC rider doing the rest of the WORCS races this season. When it happens you can let me know about...
Oh...and there will be a certain GNCC rider doing the rest of the WORCS races this season.

When it happens you can let me know about that, too. Another "I told you so" opportunity for you.

Naw one I told you so is enough. A certain GNCC rider coming out? Are you relocating? Great, just remember they don't say, "the fastest racers on the planet" for nothing. Bring your A game.Wink
SPYGUY
Fantasy
748th
8/23/2008 9:52am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:09pm
My A game wouldn't get me on the podium in the women's class! I guess I should have said a certain good GNCC rider.

In all seriousness though, I think it's awesome Kurt is coming over for KTM instead of another European import. He'll add some excitement to the series and definitely be in contention for wins.

I just dread coming back on here when he wins his first one!

WORCSRacer
8/23/2008 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 8:09pm
SPYGUY wrote:
My A game wouldn't get me on the podium in the women's class! I guess I should have said a certain good GNCC rider. In all...
My A game wouldn't get me on the podium in the women's class! I guess I should have said a certain good GNCC rider.

In all seriousness though, I think it's awesome Kurt is coming over for KTM instead of another European import. He'll add some excitement to the series and definitely be in contention for wins.

I just dread coming back on here when he wins his first one!

Dude it is going to be way fun for you guys to watch him race! He's a good guy. I am stoked that the Suzuki guys are coming out here. MAJOR props to Mike Webb for getting it to happen, with todays budgets it isn't easy..

And for the record Josh, Charlie and Jimmy are way faster on the moto track than I thought they'd be.

Post a reply to: WORCS vs. GNCC

The Latest