Top offroad riders salaries

Titan
7/24/2009 11:02am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:08pm
Anyone know what the "factory" offroad guys are making (GNCC, WORC, H&H, Enduro etc)...

We've seen numbers on the top MX/SX guys, but I've never seen anything on the offroad guys...

just curious...

(And I don't expect Destry or Bonds or anyone else to reply, if they don't want too...income is a personal thing, and I understand if they don't want to say---but it would be cool if they did.)
|
SPYGUY
Fantasy
885th
7/25/2009 8:57am
In GNCC's some of the very top guys make low 6 figures but it drops off pretty quickly after that.
ASH510
7/25/2009 9:17pm
i figure it would be for say bonds just a guess 150 to 200 g's max and maybe 250g's champ bonus.
i guess heck i dont know but that is as good as any guess.
Titan
7/27/2009 2:44pm
I was 'hoping' the top offroad guys were in the high 6 figures ($750K and up), but I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the low 6 figures ($250K and down).

I only would have been surprised if they were earning 7 figures (I just wouldn't have thought they'd have earned that much...Not that don't deserve it, they certainly do)....or less than 6 figures (they definetly deserve more than that).
bondsmx
7/29/2009 12:07am
ASH510 wrote:
i figure it would be for say bonds just a guess 150 to 200 g's max and maybe 250g's champ bonus. i guess heck i dont...
i figure it would be for say bonds just a guess 150 to 200 g's max and maybe 250g's champ bonus.
i guess heck i dont know but that is as good as any guess.
i dont think im at liberty to discuss my contract... but ill tell you its quite a bit under 6 figures.... i would be the happiest dude ever to be making 200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Shop

Titan
7/29/2009 11:42am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:12am
See, that's surprising to me...I thought for sure the defending WORC champ would AT LEAST be in the low 6 figures + win bonuses.

Very surprising.

How do the respective series pay? Enduro, GNCC, H&H, etc compared to WORC?
bondsmx
7/30/2009 12:21am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:13am
Titan wrote:
See, that's surprising to me...I thought for sure the defending WORC champ would AT LEAST be in the low 6 figures + win bonuses. Very surprising...
See, that's surprising to me...I thought for sure the defending WORC champ would AT LEAST be in the low 6 figures + win bonuses.

Very surprising.

ya know, our industry is alot different then others. while the salaries of other sports figures are announced and praised, its really hush, hush in our industry. I honestly have no idea what the Gncc guys are making, or my favorite H&H rider destry makes.. lol I dont even really know what the other WORCS guys are making. I hear alot of he said, she said about other riders paychecks, but have been around long enough to not listen to any of it...
Titan
7/30/2009 9:14am
Titan wrote:
See, that's surprising to me...I thought for sure the defending WORC champ would AT LEAST be in the low 6 figures + win bonuses. Very surprising...

Very surprising.

bondsmx wrote:
ya know, our industry is alot different then others. while the salaries of other sports figures are announced and praised, its really hush, hush in our...
ya know, our industry is alot different then others. while the salaries of other sports figures are announced and praised, its really hush, hush in our industry. I honestly have no idea what the Gncc guys are making, or my favorite H&H rider destry makes.. lol I dont even really know what the other WORCS guys are making. I hear alot of he said, she said about other riders paychecks, but have been around long enough to not listen to any of it...
That "hush, hush" attitude toward salaries seems to be in all forms of dirt bike racing (with the exception of James Stewart and Chad Reed and RC a few years ago)...which seems odd to me. But it is what it is, I guess.

Here's to more corporates sponsorships so your salaries can go up...well, first things first...here's to the economy recovering as soon as possible...THEN...outside corporate sponsorships so you guys can earn what you're worth and deserve.

I will say this though...you guys are hanging it out and risking your lives for the love of the sport and pride. And that's admirable.
ASH510
7/30/2009 9:52pm
it was just a guess MR. Bonds i really belive you are worth more than 5 figures.
i hope you offroad guys get more $$$$$$ in the future very soon future that is.
good luck the rest of the year.
Tiki
Fantasy
1774th
7/31/2009 3:39pm
If I could live the way I do currently and race off road like Bonds. I would be very very happy. I guess if I had Bonds speed I could. Sadly I havent. Sad For the guys I have met at the WORCS race, they all seem pretty happy about what they are doing. Good luck in Washington Bonds.
ASH510
8/2/2009 4:37pm
it is a shame sx is a 15 min main and they make 7 figures. and worcs and gncc guys are like way under paid for a helluva lot longer racing. what is wrong with this picture.

a question for WORCS champ MR. BONDS
why the switch from honda to yamaha?
if you cant answer i understand.
good luck in the worcs races

you know we are lucky to be abel to ask questions of guys like Bonds and Destry
and they might answer.
i would say we are lucky
Destry
8/3/2009 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:18am
Titan wrote:

Very surprising.

bondsmx wrote:
ya know, our industry is alot different then others. while the salaries of other sports figures are announced and praised, its really hush, hush in our...
HAHA! I'm probably the only H&H guy you know Smile This is a tought one to answer, since I know they try to keep this hush hush. I do pretty well, but I know with the way things are starting to go it's going to get even tighter. The manufactures will take money from our programs before the MX/SX programs so that's not good for us.

I would say the top GNCC and WORCS guys get paid the most (out of offroad guys).
Larry
8/6/2009 7:22pm
Titan wrote:

Very surprising.

bondsmx wrote:
Destry wrote:
HAHA! I'm probably the only H&H guy you know :) This is a tought one to answer, since I know they try to keep this hush...
HAHA! I'm probably the only H&H guy you know Smile This is a tought one to answer, since I know they try to keep this hush hush. I do pretty well, but I know with the way things are starting to go it's going to get even tighter. The manufactures will take money from our programs before the MX/SX programs so that's not good for us.

I would say the top GNCC and WORCS guys get paid the most (out of offroad guys).
Look at all of the benefits you get though. Traveling to all of those exotic locations, surrounded by beautiful women and don't forget the bike does all of the work.Wink

Post a reply to: Top offroad riders salaries

The Latest