eBay Question

Stoneface
Do you sellers usually put a “buy it now” value on Items you market on eBay, or leave them up for auction only?

I’m an infrequent eBayer and I just put up some old Fox catalogs (1979, 1980) as auction only. I’m getting a bunch of requests to sell them at a “buy it now” price (some desperate pleas).

I want to leave these up at auction to see what buyers will bid on them. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!
|
daboza27
10/30/2019 10:03pm
I always do a buy it now with best offer option. That seems to lure more potential buyers into making offers which I could counter or accept.
Action69
10/31/2019 5:28am
Also in auction listings you can set a reserve price which would be the least you would take,if they bid below it shows reserve not met until in exceeds that value.I believe there is a fee for this type of listing whether it sells or not.
Action69
10/31/2019 5:31am
I also set my listings buy now or best offer.I usually list the item on the higher end of what I would like to sell it for with best offer getting interested parties to make an offer or buy it outright..good luck with your sale..
DuroTools
10/31/2019 6:06am
If I need to sell something fast I do an auction, If I want to try and get top dollar I do buy it now because with Auction you have a shorter period of time so the likely hood of all interested buyers finding it is less. Buy it now may be up for a month or more but that gives more time for the serious buyer who have the funds to find it. That's my logic at least

The Shop

11/1/2019 7:46pm
I also set a “buy it now” and mostly accept offers. Because of the fees I’ll set the price a little higher than originally planned but that’s also why Ill entertain offers.

I’m not a pro at EBay but auctions seem like a waste of time.

Post a reply to: eBay Question

The Latest