Related:
Create New Tag
yamahuh yamahuh
4/29/2018 6:24 PM

I bought this bike in 2006 from Tom Hofmaster, at the time the bike had (3) arena cross races on it. The bike has been stored and ridden 2-3 times a year for the last 12 years. It has pro circuit suspension and was told "the engine was cleaned up and needed race gas". I run C12, changed air filter, oil and put tires on it...that's it as it doesn't get ridden.
Question for the bike restorer guys, is this bike worth anything more than a typical $2K YZ250? Considering cleaning out the basement.
Photo

Photo

Meister Meister
4/29/2018 8:08 PM

I'd give 2k for it!

TrailDigger TrailDigger
4/30/2018 3:25 AM

Probably worth closer to $4k if cleaned up.

Parted out would get you some good money. If it’s legit kit suspension, probably around $1k alone. Engine is worth at least $1k in parts alone, I’m not sure if you can find someone that needs a race engine though. Frame is anywhere from $400 to $800, whatever someone wants to pay for it. Wheels are $200 all day if they are stock. Swingarm is $100. Subframe is $100. Gas tank is $100. Carb is $150. Aftermarket exhaust? $150.

All prices depend on what people want to pay, but I’d imagine you could get almost $4000 from parting it, but you’d have to wait for it. You could get at least $3000 selling it here in New England.

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

MaxPower MaxPower
4/30/2018 9:45 AM

you really think the frame will sell for 200-800 and swing arm for 100? why? A new carb cost 150

TrailDigger TrailDigger
4/30/2018 10:51 AM
MaxPower wrote:

you really think the frame ...more

Frames aren’t cheap. People snatch them up on ebay all the time for the right price. Swingarms aren’t cheap either. Maybe not a huge demand, but if they ever need one, $100 is a steal vs. new.

I would sell the carb with the engine, since it’s already jetted for the work done to it.

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

werner822 werner822
5/1/2018 6:15 PM

Where you located

Post a Reply

Cool Wink Smile Tongue Laughing Shocked Sick Angry Blink Sad Unsure Kissing Woohoo Grinning Silly Pinch Sideways Whistling Evil Dizzy Blush Cheerful Huh Dry